Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Got pissed at blood bros, went to ng+

OH GOD FALCONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

(Note: never stay in a cubby hole for more than one pass because he veers over and swings the scythe at you if you do that, you always have to be moving or you'll get hit by it)

I never knew that. That's really neat.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It's also not true, I've stayed in the same spot for extended periods and never got hit.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I've got a save right at the Executioner's Chariot and I can't stay in one hole or it always hits. Unless you mean at the very start of the fight, because you're always safe there.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The chariot hits me all the time in the cubby holes, I never saw him attack me so I assumed it was a glitch. It might've happened when I tried to use the same hole twice, I don't remember.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I've got a save right at the Executioner's Chariot and I can't stay in one hole or it always hits. Unless you mean at the very start of the fight, because you're always safe there.

I kill the two necros, stand in the second's cubby and pelt him with greatarrows/lightning (he always hits the cleric, but that's because you step forward when casting).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So I finally got a Llewelyn Armor and you guys were right, the Drangleic helm totally goes with it. In fact, so do the Drangleic gloves and boots. I'm beginning to wonder if instead of the helm being moved over, if the Drangleic chest was the odd piece out originally and the Llewelyn shoes and gloves were added last minute so Chancellor Wellager wouldn't look like a hobo.

The Drangleic boots and gloves are pretty good fashion souls items in general, with a nice modeled appearance (as opposed to all the gloves that are either super rudimentary in design or don't go with anything but their own set) and high defense/poise that goes neatly with light/middle-weight BPs to get decent poise without fatrolling or having to build around a high weight loadout.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There might just be a few where you are safe, then, but it's certainly not all of them. It might be the ones with the necromancers, which would make sense I guess!!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

The horse kicking you in the face if you're behind it as it dies is a pretty funny dick move. I like both of the Copse bosses, they're more fun than most DS2 ones.

Is that move supposed to completely ignore your shield? The one in a dozen times I actually managed to make it to the switch and pull without being alcove gangbanged by skeletons until my stamina died, It caught me on the shield with that kick and destroyed my entire HP bar. No stamina damage, just cut straight through it with the shield clanging the hit and flat-lined me hardcore.

Oh, wait, not the death kick, the normal back kick. I'd be cool with it if it had maybe a dark effect or something, some visual clue that it's just going to press your poo poo deep immediately with no regard for defenses, but it looked just like a normal kick

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 13, 2014

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
If you played Dark Souls 1, the horse fights near-identically to one of those armor-clad boars, excluding the black fire breath. The first time I fought him legitimately was in NG5, and after noticing how similar he moved to the Dark Souls 1 boars he actually became rather easy to fight, in my opinion. Try to stay near (but not behind) one of his back legs, and back off as soon as he starts to move just in case he tries to kick you.

The hardest part of the fight, to me, is the lead-up because the chariot spikes hit really loving hard. I don't know if it was me using lovely armor or what, but in NG3 and higher he just straight up one-shots you if the spike happens to clip you. If you're in an alcove and need your shield up, target a skeleton and try backing into the wall grating anyway. If you really need it, bring some Alluring Skulls or the Yearn spell and shoot it at a nearby wall to distract the skeletons.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I personally feel like the fight would be a lot more fun and doable if the alcoves were just a tiny bit deeper. Like, even just 10cm. Right now it's such a close shave that it feels inconsistent, and I've definitely been hit even while mashing my face into the back wall. If they actually worked for hiding I think the fight would be much more enjoyable.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Alternatively, be cool and roll under the wheel spikes without ducking into alcoves.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nahxela posted:

Alternatively, be cool and roll under the wheel spikes without ducking into alcoves.

The fight is so much more fun when you do this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I now have one of every outfit piece in the game! Hooray, I am the best and also probably autistic or something!

I have one thing to say: The mad warrior set was a bitch and a half and I hate the rear end in a top hat that determined that he should have rare drops and not appear consistently at the same time. Time to go play fashion souls!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm hopping on DS2 now, if anyone ended up having a spare Black Witch's Staff (I'm bad at juggling chimes and staffs) they can somehow get me at 400k SM. Steam ID's Starblade, if so.

I know this is from a bit ago but I added you on Steam if you still need the staff.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

CJacobs posted:

I now have one of every outfit piece in the game! Hooray, I am the best and also probably autistic or something!

I'm sorry, you seem to be missing the best armor piece in the game. I don't see a barrel there.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now you're just rubbing it in.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Tallgeese posted:

I'm sorry, you seem to be missing the best armor piece in the game. I don't see a barrel there.

Was there anymore to the video here (http://www.twitch.tv/dreadedcone/b/537344583?t=49m40s) beyond the first invasion?

That was loving funny and I want to see more. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tallgeese posted:

It's true, I am missing the barrel. :negative:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If the last chest in the special event is a mimic that drops the barrel, I will pre-order the most expensive collector's edition of Bloodborne

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I should put on Rosabeth's Dress sometime.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Can you have no phantom effect? Pretending to be vendors could be pretty hilarious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know I really wish Lucatiel was a summon for the final boss instead of Vengarl. It would be like having Solaire for fighting Gwyn.

But then again she'd probably just fall off the cliff or something.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I have one thing to say: The mad warrior set was a bitch and a half and I hate the rear end in a top hat that determined that he should have rare drops and not appear consistently at the same time. Time to go play fashion souls!

Everytime I invaded in Belfry Sol and killed someone farming Mad Warrior I got hate mail.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How are people contacting invaders through Steam anyway? I thought only their character name shows?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fister Roboto posted:

You know I really wish Lucatiel was a summon for the final boss instead of Vengarl. It would be like having Solaire for fighting Gwyn.

Benhart is this games Solaire though. Also Vengarl rules and is one of my favorite NPCs in the entire series. Just a head chilling on the rocks, no big deal. :unsmith:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

West Ham Sandwich posted:

E: ^^ The only time I actually did it that way was as a hexer hitting him for obnoxious amounts every time, took ~3 minutes.

Also, yeah, experiencing that because I'm bad at dark souls and don't like The Easiest Boss Ever According to Forums User and Registered Dark Souls Professional Gamer kazil and used the unfun method of killing him was probably the only part of the boss I enjoyed.

Whatever, different strokes for different folks, its just nice to have a non-generic boss. Like take Old Iron King for example, the other day I was duo-ing with another goon playing a dex build and we summoned a pubbie for help. The pubbie was really loving annoying on whatever voice chat DS2 has so I was a little upset I couldn't have life drain patch this early in the game. Fortunately the Old Iron King hates pubbies too, the pubbie ran to the little alcove near the fog door to the primal bonfire and the king did his dbz fire kamehamea right at the pubbie instantly killing him. It was kind of a Sif like situation since the king did just do both of us a favor.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

my cat is norris posted:

Was there anymore to the video here (http://www.twitch.tv/dreadedcone/b/537344583?t=49m40s) beyond the first invasion?

That was loving funny and I want to see more. :allears:

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/b/537580602?t=242m

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/b/537580602?t=251m10s

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/b/537580602?t=275m50s

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/b/537580602?t=295m15s

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/b/537580602?t=304m50s

Domattee posted:

Can you have no phantom effect? Pretending to be vendors could be pretty hilarious.

Supposedly you can switch team status, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Your Computer posted:

How are people contacting invaders through Steam anyway? I thought only their character name shows?

Steam interface "View" - "Players" it'll show you the steam accounts that you were playing with chronologically.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus Christ y'all weren't jokin bout the hammers. Powerstanced a mace and morningstar +5, wearing stone ring, applied sticky white stuff, and beat the Sentinels by mashing L2 and stunlocking the poo poo out of them while RUINing their health bars. The second sentinel died before the third one jumped up. The gargoyles were a 1v1 fight the whole time. Wow.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I think my favorite part was how you used the Black Stone to "banish" yourself from your own world.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

E: gently caress this is the wrong thread

How about them souls guys. I just happened to be watching that stream last night Tallgeese.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 13, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He couldn't handle the barrel, it wouldn't let him pick it up. :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Tallgeese, is the barrel just like any armor where it has a hex code and you can hack it in, or do you need to take some extra steps to make it be wearable? I need to figure out how to have the barrel in my life.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

If the last chest in the special event is a mimic that drops the barrel, I will pre-order the most expensive collector's edition of Bloodborne

I will also do this, and I have no PS4.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm just disappointed it advertises him as Head of Vengarl but it's just the whole Vengarl. Really it should have been Sif and Manscorpion Tark, the two biggest summonable phantoms for the ultimate giant monster brawl.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm just disappointed it advertises him as Head of Vengarl but it's just the whole Vengarl.

It really should just be his head, rollin' around biting at stuff.

Maybe shooting some kind of magic mouth laser.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe it's just his head in his empty armor set. Who knows what phantoms can do!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

CJacobs posted:

Maybe it's just his head in his empty armor set. Who knows what phantoms can do!

That's still no fun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

It really should just be his head, rollin' around biting at stuff.

Maybe shooting some kind of magic mouth laser.

Well now I'm just thinking of Murray the talking skull fighting Nashandra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I got my first hate message today! A fatrolling Havel's + Mastodon Greatsword user got beaten by Glass Joe and couldn't handle it.