Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Man I was in Rome just a few days ago myself!

Rome di maxmars70, su Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Rome was amazing, we only had 4 days there, will definitely be going back again for longer next time.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

deaders posted:

Rome was amazing, we only had 4 days there, will definitely be going back again for longer next time.

You there for visiting stuff or were you there for work?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

No work just a five-week holiday, visiting stuff all over Europe. We went to Paris, Rome, Budapest, Berlin and Amsterdam.

Spotted these guys in Budapest decisively propping up a tree:

Gardeners, Budapest, April 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

murp
May 30, 2007

deaders posted:

No work just a five-week holiday, visiting stuff all over Europe. We went to Paris, Rome, Budapest, Berlin and Amsterdam.

Spotted these guys in Budapest decisively propping up a tree:

Gardeners, Budapest, April 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

For every image there is a story...

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
Is that China or Hong Kong?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Skizzzer posted:

Is that fog or smog?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Skizzzer posted:

both hong kong

Subyng
May 4, 2013

LargeHadron posted:

Is that fog or smog?

smog

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Power Walk by jkostashuk1, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Well on your way to a MOMA show. Keep up the

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
how not to do street photography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYmtxqh178

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Seems like the right way to me. Winogrande wood be proud.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

It works for Mark Cohen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcgEnC3bLY

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Hey grack, this is how its done.

Langano, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

:snoop:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Musket posted:

Hey grack, this is how its done.

Langano, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

:snoop:

Hamm's photos go in the food thread. :radcat:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I don't feel like a violation of personal space like that (camera or no camera) could possibly be legal, yet I can't seem to dig up anything that prohibits it. That guy seems like a real rear end in a top hat and basically has me convinced that I don't have the stomach for street photography, even if most photographers aren't nearly so invasive.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

404notfound posted:

I don't feel like a violation of personal space like that (camera or no camera) could possibly be legal, yet I can't seem to dig up anything that prohibits it. That guy seems like a real rear end in a top hat and basically has me convinced that I don't have the stomach for street photography, even if most photographers aren't nearly so invasive.

This guy is going to get killed one day doing that, but you have to admit it makes for entertaining viewing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ark posted:

I don't know what it is about this exactly but I loving love it.

gently caress you I'm an antold guy!

Speaking of creepy street photography, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In5sR-tUhCM&t=517s

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-snype posted:

Hamm's photos go in the food thread. :radcat:

It was beer refeshing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7HoWEk6y8

Hmmm, maybe this will help me get better at street photos? http://digital-photography-school.com/a-cowards-guide-to-street-photography/

Musket fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 12, 2014

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

404notfound posted:

That guy seems like a real rear end in a top hat and basically has me convinced that I don't have the stomach for street photography, even if most photographers aren't nearly so invasive.

I've never had a negative experience with a person while shooting street, I don't personally know anyone that has either. With that being said these reactions can happen but they are incredibly few and far between. Majority of the time I get little to no reaction and when I do get reaction it's perhaps a quizzical look and/or a smile. Just remember to smile and don't feel like you're doing something wrong (cause you aren't), if you feel you are it'll convey through body language and make you look like a goony creeper, thus inviting a potential reaction.

.. all in all it's not near as daunting as it seems.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

People's reactions for the most part are pretty reflexive to your body language. If you act like what you're doing is what you're supposed to be doing, most people won't think anything of it. You will run into resistance from time to time, it's just something you have to live with.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

try it with a lime posted:

People's reactions for the most part are pretty reflexive to your body language. If you act like what you're doing is what you're supposed to be doing, most people won't think anything of it. You will run into resistance from time to time, it's just something you have to live with.
Social engineering 101. And you'll get out of 99% of people reacting badly by being exquisitely pleasant.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

Social engineering 101. And you'll get out of 99% of people reacting badly by being exquisitely pleasant.

'Exquisitely pleasant' brings to mind fedoras and m'ladying.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

'Exquisitely pleasant' brings to mind fedoras and m'ladying.

M'subject

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Friend zoned by composition....again.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

8th-snype posted:

Friend zoned by composition....again.

friend-zone focusing

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
White Lighting.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Photobeers, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Come join us at photobeers. :snoop:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I took some street photos this weekend on the boardwalk but it felt sort of weird. Like, ok, I have these pictures and some of them are mildly interesting because people are dressed funny, look super sad, are juxtaposed, or are doing something non-totally ordinary, but there's no aesthetic or message it's just like "hey look at this person".

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Dren posted:

I took some street photos this weekend on the boardwalk but it felt sort of weird. Like, ok, I have these pictures and some of them are mildly interesting because people are dressed funny, look super sad, are juxtaposed, or are doing something non-totally ordinary, but there's no aesthetic or message it's just like "hey look at this person".

Yeah.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Street Photography: Hey Look at this person.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Street photography: They're not creepshots, I swear

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Street Photography: keep posting I'm almost there

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Literal connotation, anyone?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Street Photography: Musket Doesn't Like It So Don't Do It

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
What did you make by jkostashuk1, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

There is some truly awful photography in this thread but the most of the people being obnoxious cunts about it should spend more time working on improving their own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.