Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I told someone at work I was planning to go to Vegas to celebrate turning 30 with my wife and he said "why, so you can go to sleep in the hotel by 9?"

max ownage

lol holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Hello fellow person in their 30's. Do you remember a time before The Simpsons, too?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
30s are awesome if you're not a total human being. It's like your 20s but with more money.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 13, 2014

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Antifreeze Head posted:

Hello fellow person in their 30's. Do you remember a time before The Simpsons, too?

we ain't that old bro

hows hospice treating you?

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i remember renting simpsons on vhs because we didn't have sky or cable and haerd all about this rad new show that everyone should watch.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Antifreeze Head posted:

Yest! And I remember how parents got all upset. And I remember when South Park first went on the air...and parents got all upset.

edit: I mean I don't actually remember a time before it aired, but I was 5 just as it hit Fox.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

GreatGreen posted:

30s are awesome. It's like your 20s but with more money.

i imagine this is only true if you don't go bald

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
oh, you're 24? i'm gonna gently caress your girlfriend and your mum

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Brown Menace posted:

or fat.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Brown Menace posted:

not bald, but i've gained weight from a slower metabolism and sitting in a cubicle.

unless i get cancer, that's never going to go away, is it? :(

*wishes for cancer*

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

The Brown Menace posted:

only poors go bald

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

The Brown Menace posted:

Also you can't let your waist get wider than your hips and/or shoulders.

So yeah keep your hair and avoid a body that looks like an eggplant and you'll be drowning in trim.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Lovely Carnitas posted:

Why not? I need to know for the future :ohdear:

Because you're just a regular old guy now. Doing poo poo in your 20s is impressive. Doing poo poo in your 30s is expected of youi.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

not bald, but i've gained weight from a slower metabolism and sitting in a cubicle.

what is this slowing of metabolism excuse? you're probably just eating to much takeout

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

BlueChocolate posted:

what is this slowing of metabolism excuse? you're probably just eating to much takeout

Every day, upon waking, I daintily lap the dew from a lily. Tis my only sustenance. What do you think about that?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Happy birthday OP, it is also my ggggg grandfathers birthday who was born in 1751

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

Every day, upon waking, I daintily lap the dew from a lily. Tis my only sustenance. What do you think about that?

yeah right fatty

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Welcome to an exciting journey of realizing everyone in their 20s was an insufferable retard who didn't know poo poo including you

Good thing we won't have to repeat the exercise in 10 years

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Luvcow posted:

Happy birthday OP, it is also my ggggg grandfathers birthday who was born in 1751

Thank you!! gently caress yeah happy birthday grandpa!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

truly sorry for your lots bro, I got three years until I'm irrelevant

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Here's a Birthday song for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNr2pBexMU

...almost forgot! What's a birthday without cake?

Liquid Chicken fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 13, 2014

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

The Fattest PI posted:

thingsidiotssay.dll

you're either paying your own mortgage or someone else's. You probably aren't putting money into retirement savings either

herfderf who needs equity hrrrr

"Bu bu bu but your house is an investment!" - A thing virgins still mentally trapped in 2007 say.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

:rip: op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

owns

thnk you for the sympathy. I just told my boss if he needs me I'll be on the roof talking myself into suicide.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
welcome to 30 misanthrope ive been here for a few months it is a portal to eternal hell turn back now or suffer mid life crisis situations help

also this now means the hangovers you acquire trying to chase away the thoughts of your mortality take like two days to recover from, it is a cruel world

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Drunk & Ugly posted:

also this now means the hangovers you acquire trying to chase away the thoughts of your mortality take like two days to recover from, it is a cruel world

yeah what's up with that poo poo? and it started happening to me only a couple months ago, like my bod knew it's turning 30. I can't get drunk wihout getting laid out for 2 days.

as you can imagine, that sucks what with the depression of being old

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GreatGreen posted:

30s are awesome if you're not a total human being. It's like your 20s but with more money.

This. Being an employed person in your 30's without costly babies or alimony is absolutely ridiculous.
You basically turn into charlie from two and a half men, without the dying. Everything comes easier.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

welcome to 30 misanthrope ive been here for a few months it is a portal to eternal hell turn back now or suffer mid life crisis situations help

Fifties you will totally not regret spending some of your best years contemplating death.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 13, 2014

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This. Being an employed person in your 30's without costly babies or alimony is absolutely ridiculous.
You basically turn into charlie from two and a half men, without the dying.

i don't have to wear bowling shirts, do i?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

i don't have to wear bowling shirts, do i?

Sorry, bowling shirts are mandatory. You'll get a set of rules in the mail next week.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

yeah what's up with that poo poo? and it started happening to me only a couple months ago, like my bod knew it's turning 30. I can't get drunk wihout getting laid out for 2 days.

as you can imagine, that sucks what with the depression of being old

You have to drink like a gallon of water before drinking any liquor, and then a gallon afterwards in order to only have a one day hangover.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Ilustforponydeath posted:

You basically turn into charlie from two and a half men, without the dying. Everything comes easier.

that's only true if you're loaded and don't get fat and bald

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
In November, I'll turn 22.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kazvall posted:

You have to drink like a gallon of water before drinking any liquor, and then a gallon afterwards in order to only have a one day hangover.

awww man what party animal ever said "hold up, let me hydrate first"?

Romes
Jun 18, 2003

A misanthrope posted:

awww man what party animal ever said "hold up, let me hydrate first"?

I can confirm this and I'm 29... Hit the next mark in 6 months =/. What's funny is I don't think we actually remember, but we had nasty hangovers even when we were 21. We just generally didn't have poo poo to do the next day and now we do, so trying to function while hungover blows. We just got wiser about it and figured out water cures this problem.

p.s. Birthday song my buddy made and spams out to everyone on their birthday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlAmG5aAMI

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm a good while away from 30 and I get loving awful hangovers and always had. I think it became better when I drank like every weekend but I don't do that anymore so drinking alot makes me feel poo poo for 2 days.

drinking alot of water and pacing myself helps though

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hemale in pain posted:

I'm a good while away from 30 and I get loving awful hangovers and always had. I think it became better when I drank like every weekend but I don't do that anymore so drinking alot makes me feel poo poo for 2 days.

drinking alot of water and pacing myself helps though

Drink all day erry day, you'll never be hungover! :ms:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Drink all day erry day, you'll never be hungover! :ms:

sounds like a plan

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Fattest PI posted:

thingsidiotssay.dll

you're either paying your own mortgage or someone else's. You probably aren't putting money into retirement savings either

herfderf who needs equity hrrrr
Houses aren't exactly free to own you know, even after you've paid them all there's still a lot you have to put into taxes and upkeep that you don't have to pay when renting. And until you get to that point you'd dumping a ton of money into paying off interest rather than your actual house. And then god forbid the housing market has any problems and you end up owing twice what the house is worth I can't imagine that ever happening, probably never has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I turned 30 a year ago. In your 20s you can say "Maybe someday I'll..." but when you're 30 is very clear that you're running out of time.

• Locked thread