Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Just saw some dude bro in a Hooters parking lot with a massive lift kit on his diesel bro truck. As he pulled out of a very small parking spot that he half-assed backed into, he proceeding to impress everyone within earshot by flooring it through the parking lot to achieve a whopping speed of 25mph and left a massive cloud of black smoke.

gently caress these people and their trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

They can? You have evidence to support this?

I too would like to see this evidence.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I Might Be Adam posted:

Just saw some dude bro in a Hooters parking lot with a massive lift kit on his diesel bro truck. As he pulled out of a very small parking spot that he half-assed backed into, he proceeding to impress everyone within earshot by flooring it through the parking lot to achieve a whopping speed of 25mph and left a massive cloud of black smoke.

gently caress these people and their trucks.

I wanna bosozoku-fy a TDI or something with a big tall exhaust stack at brotruck height. Roll coal on their trucks, see how they fuckin' like it.

vv YES vv

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 12, 2014

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Fucknag posted:

I wanna bosozoku-fy a TDI or something with a big tall exhaust stack at brotruck height. Roll coal on their trucks, see how they fuckin' like it.

With a little crank-operated periscope thing so that you could precisely position it in their windows.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Armacham posted:

So because it's impossible to be 100% compliant, they should just completely give up? Vegans still cause less animal death than non-vegans, which seems to be their goal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Food animals like cows and pigs would be extinct if not for humans breeding them for food.

Thus, vegans are attempting to extinct several species of animals.

Thus, they are the worst killer of animals.

QED

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Airbags may not rip off your thumbs, but they can propel your arms into the window/door/other people pretty fiercely. That's better than your head or chest smashing into the steering wheel or dash, though.

You can, however, dislocate your thumbs pretty easily if your wheels hit an obstacle and you have your thumbs looped through. I haven't seen it personally, but I've had my Jeep's steering wheel get whipped around when rock crawling. A guy that was watching me climb up the obstacle saw it happen, and didn't think to keep his thumbs out when he attempted it. No dislocation for him thanks to a different line that didn't jerk his wheel that much, but he had bruises.

Edit:

Captain Trips posted:

Food animals like cows and pigs would be extinct if not for humans breeding them for food.

Thus, vegans are attempting to extinct several species of animals.

Thus, they are the worst killer of animals.

QED

Chickens too: they are a descendant of jungle fowls

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

EightBit posted:

Airbags may not rip off your thumbs, but they can propel your arms into the window/door/other people pretty fiercely. That's better than your head or chest smashing into the steering wheel or dash, though.

When my airbag went off last year, I had one of my arms in front of my chest, ended up with a lovely forearm shaped bruise across my torso. Nothing fractured but it was nice and sore for a week or so.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

EightBit posted:

You can, however, dislocate your thumbs pretty easily if your wheels hit an obstacle and you have your thumbs looped through. I haven't seen it personally, but I've had my Jeep's steering wheel get whipped around when rock crawling. A guy that was watching me climb up the obstacle saw it happen, and didn't think to keep his thumbs out when he attempted it. No dislocation for him thanks to a different line that didn't jerk his wheel that much, but he had bruises.

Yep, if you spin the wheel will whip around very quickly too, and that can also break thumbs if they're looped.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm going to assume dude decided to paint it red once he got tired of trying to keep fingerprints from fouling the bare metal.

Shame about all that chrome and dumb rims, I kind of like the color.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That must be the car will.i.am did up. :v:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Pretty awesome paint job, but the only reason you paint a delorean is because you already hosed up the body panels.

Buh, just noticed the lovely altezza tails too.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Ohio plates. :eng99:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Bucephalus posted:

Ohio plates. :eng99:

It's cool, it's Lorain County. No one likes them anyway.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Captain Trips posted:

Except for Biff. :v:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Captain Trips posted:

it's spelled "lorean"

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
I don't know if this is the stock "detailing" stripe on an HHR, but it's pretty terrible anyway.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

That looks like brand logo'd shipping tape, like what Amazon seals their packages with.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Man, gently caress this guy. I'm no DeLorean purist, but somebody needs to punch this guy square in the dick. That poo poo would look retarded on any car.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

6mph full width rear impact in a VW golf does $3000 damage. If i hit a building at 6mph with my lincoln, all it would do is move the building over a foot.

I once got rear-ended while stopped at a light by a cop in my '84 Buick Estate Wagon. Cop was terribly afraid she'd just hurt someone, as her cattle catcher was in her radiator, but it barely rocked that big beautiful bastard on its brakes. Scuffed up my rear bumper's chrome pretty good, but no real damage.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That DeLorean is a shame. The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's the chrome, taillights, LED headlight bullshit, and most of all those terrible wheels that ruin it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It looks like a Scirocco that's been owned by a teenager in the mid to late nineties.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Midniter posted:

That DeLorean is a shame. The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's the chrome, taillights, LED headlight bullshit, and most of all those terrible wheels that ruin it.

That's what kills me. On any other car, the color would look great, and it honestly doesn't look bad on a DMC12... until you take a giant wet Autozone Accessory Aisle poo poo all over it. :barf:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Sweet driving light setup bro

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You're certain that's not stock?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

You're certain that's not stock?

Seriously, it's a Suzuki. Anything is possible.

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
Sweet bull bar, but it needs a winch to complete the look. Something rated for heavy pickup trucks and light commercial vehicles.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wisconsin drivers don't give a poo poo about the front end of their car, because it's about to get destroyed by a deer anyways.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

xzzy posted:

Wisconsin drivers don't give a poo poo about the front end of their car, because it's about to get destroyed by a deer anyways.

It'll rust apart eventually anyways thanks to road salt. That is, when the cleanup crews actually bother to get out and salt.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

xzzy posted:

The city streets are really quite a thrill -
If the deer don't get you, the mag-chloride will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mvYec6AnCU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I also need to get some pics of the multitude of cars that have flags stretched over the hoods for the World Cup.

Diet Sodium
Apr 29, 2009
I'm surprised more mechanics don't post the terrible poo poo they see on a daily basis. I work in the auto glass industry and the amount of terrible poo poo I see is insane. I need to start taking pictures of them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

f-tron posted:

I'm surprised more mechanics don't post the terrible poo poo they see on a daily basis. I work in the auto glass industry and the amount of terrible poo poo I see is insane. I need to start taking pictures of them.

There's a fun gallery here from reddit that's constantly updated, but it's mostly just terrible brake rotors these days.

http://imgur.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPT72Mzt2c

The chavviest cuntiest people imaginable driving onto a live race track then posting it on the internet to brag. Ahhhhhhhhh.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bape Culture posted:

The chavviest cuntiest people imaginable driving onto a live race track then posting it on the internet to brag. Ahhhhhhhhh.
Someone's watched Taxi 2 too many times. Someone other than me, I mean.

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011
That Owns

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
That is the video equivalent of photocopying an iPad.

Also staged.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

revmoo posted:

That is the video equivalent of photocopying an iPad.

Also staged.

It's not, it's 100% real. I know a lad who was at brands on the day and you can find the 2 lads facebooks that have years of posts.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
There are people on Pistonheads saying tha it's defiiely not fake, and that peope a Brands Hatch saw it... But there seems to be a complete lack of any photos or videos to confirm it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Bape Culture posted:

What colossal idiots...I mean, portrait aspect video? Sheesh.