Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

HapiMerchant posted:

CHINAGAME GIMME MY MONEY BACK

Rip Hapi. He never got to join Rootless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbot posted:

Second kidnapping time is said to be in after today's update, as well as higher chances for teals to drop from kungfu cards.

They hosed up so 2nd kidnapping time won't be added until next week :cripes:

I think the taels thing went through, 3 out of 4 cards had liangs in them (10L each, of course).

E: WAR TOMORROW

Where: Southeast Yanjing (also maybe some defense action after the cap, we'll relay in team/guild/TeamSpeak)
Why: Taking Magnum Opus's base (well, trying again, hopefully Resurrection clicked in this loving time :argh:)
When: :pwn:

Haquer fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 12, 2014

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So my jailbreak failed because I got bugged out. I was unable activate the pressure plate. Now I miss today's TP, spies, and kidnaps. I'm not sure if I hate Chinagame more or that the scrubs who chased me around for a half hour to put me in jail.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

This can only end well:smug:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Step 1) Farm kills of afk people
Step 2) Have more kills than him
Step 3) Join guild
Step 4) Get promoted to leader
Step 5) Disband

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Hole Wolf posted:

Rip Hapi. He never got to join Rootless.

I've also been away from home for a bit, and having had a chance to not be wushuing all the time, have realized the fact that its an utter loving crapshoot. I'll be back. I'm here forever.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I suggest we welcome them in the language of the Goon Tang Clan, which is to say murderous beatings.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I just cleaned out my laptop, got a new cooling pad and it's been 70 degrees outside and it was running fine in 90 degree weather last summer. Also when I uninstalled it had a pop up survey asking me why I was uninstalling, I put down my reasons and got, "Invalid response token." followed by the survey resetting.

Chinagame's just telling you to go outside more Pibbs. I can't believe how much more productive my life got now that I don't have to wait around for TPs or reset my stalls every couple of hours.

Let it go! Let it go!

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

So Jade Frags come from new pay2win silver trade event. I wonder how the poor fucker whom I sold my 20 frags for 28L a pop the other day feels.
:smug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SweetBro posted:

So Jade Frags come from new pay2win silver trade event. I wonder how the poor fucker whom I sold my 20 frags for 28L a pop the other day feels.
:smug:

Speaking of, you get a new camel mount if you spend enough on the event!!!!

Oh, how much? Just 20 Ding of course!!!

That is $600 United States Dollars

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
maybe AOW is gunning for some Star Citizen player-crossover?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I really really do not understand their pricing scheme. They can't honestly think most people (who aren't spoiled rich kids or morons with more dollars than sense) would drop that amount of money, surely.

$0.03 per tael is a ridiculous price and then wanting 20 ding worth of money for a camel is just :eyepop:

That said, there will be several running around soon I'm sure.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Their last silver trade event was exactly a month ago. 10D got you the qin sword lore, some junk and 150 jade frags. And last week's gold buying also gave 150 jade frags for the same price. I wonder why it's dropped to 120? Also why they're aggressively pursuing whales.

I've mentioned in guild chat but thought I should link here, http://wuxiatranslations.wikispaces.com/
The only one I've looked at so far is Eagle Shooting Hero, which includes the Nine Yin manual, the people behind the five Hua titles, and Peach Blossom.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This silver trade thing is specifically for silver viper though, I dont think the previous one applied for them.

I still dont know what is up with snails pricing scheme for these things except that they are using some weird as gently caress model straight from china where newly minted rich people spend insane amount of money on silly things. Just about every other F2P game over here would be selling these things for a third of the price and have BOGOs or something.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
So if they introduce another kidnap timeslot (what is the proposed time for it?), would someone crash course me on best kidnapping for it? Best as in decent unbound for time invested; no poopsocking/cheeving crap to get max benefits...

Do I just grab 1 guy during kidnap hour and have the normal cooldown?

or

I assume something with the shady kidnapper in large cities happens and do that one?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
If the Camel mount lets me spit on people and it pops up on the screen like a disgusting loogie version of the egg splat, I might pay 600 bucks for it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

funakupo posted:

So if they introduce another kidnap timeslot (what is the proposed time for it?), would someone crash course me on best kidnapping for it? Best as in decent unbound for time invested; no poopsocking/cheeving crap to get max benefits...

Do I just grab 1 guy during kidnap hour and have the normal cooldown?

or

I assume something with the shady kidnapper in large cities happens and do that one?

The kidnapping time is already in. First time starts at 1400 server, and lasts around 1700. Second kidnapping time starts at 2000 and ends at around 23-2400? Im usually asleep before it actually finishes so I dont know. The times aren't really solid, its up till the tael quota is met.

The 1400 doesnt have darkminded, so all you do is kidnap like you used to. The 2000 one has darkminded, so if you can actually kidnap in the chosen city you enjoy a lower timed debuff.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

FebrezeNinja posted:

I've mentioned in guild chat but thought I should link here, http://wuxiatranslations.wikispaces.com/
The only one I've looked at so far is Eagle Shooting Hero, which includes the Nine Yin manual, the people behind the five Hua titles, and Peach Blossom.

I've read almost all of these; they are very anime like.

The one you picked is the 1st in a triolgy that is the LOTR of wuxia. It's even got a long rear end prequel(Demi-Gods) people consider better. The 2nd book has the authors favorite character, and it's nauseating how fortunate this guy is despite having 1 arm. The 3rd book has one of the more hated heroes.

If you want badasses with loose moral, I would recommend Gu Long more, he is a drunk and wrote about, in order of importance, brotherhood/wine/women. He is less wordy, his wuxia world is much deadlier, fights are often over in a few moves. He's got a more modern spin on things, nd his plots are more mysterious. For example, The Eleventh Son was written directly in response to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon; which is weird since he did not put the couple together in his own book.. well maybe.

And that is a common theme for him, the dude is a drunk, so his stories often don't have a good ending; some readers think some books were ended by ghostwriters. I would definitely recommend The Sword and the Exquisiteness, which is very Jin Yong like so you get battle descriptions.

Bordertown Wanderer has his best hero IMHO, a crippled dude with only one skill, having the fastest draw. His story is so hosed up, he's such a poor guy, you just root for him.

Femur fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 13, 2014

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Has anyone here tried Swordsman Online? I just got the beta key but haven't installed it yet. It looks superficially similar but is the combat style similar?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Give it at try and report back on your findings. Maybe we could goonrush another :chinagame: if its worth it. Plus its being managed by perfect world, which although thats horrible in its own sense, it still better than Snail.

e-Actually the beta hasnt even started yet so unless someone's played the CN version, they wont be able to tell you.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 13, 2014

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Give it at try and report back on your findings. Maybe we could goonrush another :chinagame: if its worth it. Plus its being managed by perfect world, which although thats horrible in its own sense, it still better than Snail.

e-Actually the beta hasnt even started yet so unless someone's played the CN version, they wont be able to tell you.

Yeah I thought we had some people playing the Chinese Age of Wushu who might have tried the Chinese Swordsman.

I'll get it all installed, try it out on Monday, and report back.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yeah I thought we had some people playing the Chinese Age of Wushu who might have tried the Chinese Swordsman.

I think Im going to join you, its only 10 bucks and reading the Wiki makes it sound like a different flavor of wuxia since its based on other works. They did go a little overboard with some of the sect names though.

Like you're already calling Wudang Wutang, thats fine. Shaolin is shaolin, emei is emei, but why call Heng "infinity" or Hua "splendor". Just leave it like that for that extra chinese feeling.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Haquer posted:

I really really do not understand their pricing scheme. They can't honestly think most people (who aren't spoiled rich kids or morons with more dollars than sense) would drop that amount of money, surely.

$0.03 per tael is a ridiculous price and then wanting 20 ding worth of money for a camel is just :eyepop:

That said, there will be several running around soon I'm sure.

I can guarantee you that they will make bank. I've seen far too many people with 3+ Jade Frag sets and $50 cat-girl costumes running around to presume they wouldn't line up their wallets for Snail's power infused hot dickings.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I installed it a while back but the servers weren't actually on yet. Did they finally start the beta/release?

Also you guys are fools if you think there aren't gonna be dozens of camels running around.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

randombattle posted:

I installed it a while back but the servers weren't actually on yet. Did they finally start the beta/release?

Starts on monday :regd08:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Pssh you think I read other posts? Like every mmo I'll play it.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Applied to guild on ShoushanLei, playing both wushu and wulin it seems as the wulin guilds suck bad and forbid cool stuff like killing lowbies :(

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Delerion posted:

Applied to guild on ShoushanLei, playing both wushu and wulin it seems as the wulin guilds suck bad and forbid cool stuff like killing lowbies :(

Jokes on you there aren't any lowbiew in wushu. They all left a long time ago.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
That game doesn't look great, mainly the combat.

It looks like you got 5 or so levels to go before picking a school.

PvP is in any zone that is not a school or city.

And not a lot of features are in yet like you are in a guild, now what.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

That game doesn't look great, mainly the combat.

It looks like you got 5 or so levels to go before picking a school.

PvP is in any zone that is not a school or city.

And not a lot of features are in yet like you are in a guild, now what.

Some of the youtubes are really really bad, specially the first few that youtube spits on you. Like, I saw the first few and I was seriously turned off with the combat, but the more I dug the better it looked. Like the pve combat is leagues better than AoW (that isnt saying much buuuut), and most of the 1v1 PVP videos look interesting without knowing what the gently caress is actually happening and as long as the game doesnt have ancient tai beating horselords then it'll have better 1v1 pvp as well.

I mean, even 3v3s look pretty drat interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NVdcs08xA&t=11924s

Also, apparently there are things to do in guilds. Like you can raid other guilds coffers for artifacts and participate in running/raiding carts, an interview made it look like there are other mercenary/bandit based activities.

vvv
99% of the skills in the game can be trained regardless of the school but you need to get the books and pages from those schools to learn them. Very rarely will you use something from thats not from your school/cash shop unless its:

1)Horsing/Circle the moon to recover health and IF
2)Golden Buddha for more damage mitigation mostly in pve
3)Perish Blade for pve

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 13, 2014

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Are skills locked to a specific class? Learning other schools' skills was a really big plus for staying in Chinagame.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

FebrezeNinja posted:

Their last silver trade event was exactly a month ago. 10D got you the qin sword lore, some junk and 150 jade frags. And last week's gold buying also gave 150 jade frags for the same price. I wonder why it's dropped to 120? Also why they're aggressively pursuing whales.

My personal suspicion has always been that Snail USA is nothing but a shell company that exist only for tax purpose and US business law. All important decision must come from China as do most of the artistic and technical talent, explaining the glaring errors in website design (background image different from text stated price in easy to miss BIG BOLD 42pt GOLD LETTERS) and why the only legible official statements on the forum come from the community manager. Everything in this game reek with Chinese culture of hard control, from the spending and activity limit to the lack of consideration for time zone.

As for Snail whaling expedition it’s very simple : That’s where the money is. Statistics show that half of game revenue operating on the f2p model comes from 0.15 percent of its players. Your whale (the 0.15 percent ultra-rich) spending only 5% more for a month (Get that lovely rabbit! Get that Camel ! Only available now!) make you as much money than if all your other player where to increase their spending by the same amount (something that will never happen) Why bother trying to motivate hundreds to spend a few more $, many having never spend before or not having the disposable income to do so when you can target a handful that have already proven their willingness and capacity to spend in the past?

They chase the whales because the whales have been hooked and trained like SeaWorld animals over the past year to consider higher and higher amount paid for vanity and items as “reasonable” and are probably now operating under the fallacy of sunk costs(If I stop paying now all my previous spending where useless !)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The kidnapping time is already in. First time starts at 1400 server, and lasts around 1700. Second kidnapping time starts at 2000 and ends at around 23-2400? Im usually asleep before it actually finishes so I dont know. The times aren't really solid, its up till the tael quota is met.

The 1400 doesnt have darkminded, so all you do is kidnap like you used to. The 2000 one has darkminded, so if you can actually kidnap in the chosen city you enjoy a lower timed debuff.

I wonder if they made the necessary adjustment for the second kidnap time revenue calculation and offline players distribution, because if not there is a strong risk that by second kidnap time most offline will either be a) under the “recently kidnapped debuff” or b) worth only 2L because they haven’t been offline for long enough. We also don’t know if they doubled the amount of Tael available or simply split it in two. Worse would be to have left the daily amount untouched and simply transfer it form event to event, potentially ending the later event in 45 minutes or maybe even less since the first few minutes of the human traficker event probably consume a big chunk of the available liang. Hopefully they did not adjust the pool from CN servers and since ours are so underpopulated compared to them there should be enough for everyone.

I’m probably speaking up because the original tempest of strife kidnap time, if a little bit late, did not really affect me and to be honest I much preferred having 2-3 12L kidnaps instead of five 5L ones and constant group interruptions for kidnap pause. I can see much gnashing of teeth if they did not consider everything carefully, potentially taking the availability of a big % of kidnap taels off the hands of the evening players, allowing those who can join the earlier event all the juicy 12-15L kidnap and leaving the evening players the 2-5L refreshed ones. This situation would really be the worst of both worlds for those without permanent stalls, as it might be difficult to stall when those who have the taels are online to buy.

Careful developers would monitor the number of player online at the hours close to the kidnap event compared to peak player from the previous day and regulate the amount of tael available for both event in a ratio based on those factors, the amount of tael bough and the amount removed via taxes with the goal of having the economy moving at a steady pace. Can we really expect that from chinagame ?

Only the bots and the sperg lords who can participate in both events will really benefit from the changes.
I’m not sure this is the end of the kidnap saga.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I meant that they seem more aggressive about it than a few months ago. They had tempest staff for the first two or three silver events and those were months apart.

The one a month ago did include silver viper, but gave different rewards.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Pham Nuwen posted:

Has anyone here tried Swordsman Online? I just got the beta key but haven't installed it yet. It looks superficially similar but is the combat style similar?

From what i have gathered from the wiki, youtube and website its another reskin of perfect world many mmo. Expect to pick one class and stick with it trough the whole 50level(?)of theme park.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

FebrezeNinja posted:

I meant that they seem more aggressive about it than a few months ago. They had tempest staff for the first two or three silver events and those were months apart.

The one a month ago did include silver viper, but gave different rewards.

The new way to give out jade fragments must be generating more profit than the dragon and tiger boxes we had a few month back. On SV i saw jade frag going for as much as 20L since many people want the good (mozi, yuanyuan, 9 palace) "old" 99golds sets when on other server they averaged around 5-7L when we had the boxes for 5g.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

This bunny is 600 dorra. rip wallets. not sure what i can say about this one

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ages ago the joke was made that they would make a third money throw skill that would just directly translate money spent to damage. Probably not far away from them actually doing that.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

I noticed it too.. you know BichDu has all of that fancy outfit crap, I wonder why he/she never spends money to P2W gear she runs around with all gold and silver bracers..., thats some f'ed up priorities right there.

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Seriously, anyone know the requirements for the RE that drops the priests knife or whatever knife it is to castrate yourself? I saw something that resembled it called evil-buddhist's knife, so I've been showering every evil priest and/or buddhist I've met with gifts.