Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MooCowlian posted:

Maybe he should've methodically and carefully cleared all the enemies up to the door before continuing on.

Exactly, what's so bad about slowly and methodically doing the same stretch of (realy long and boring, no matter how you slice it) castle to get back to a boss fight that's really most likely going to just kill you again?

It's not bad level design/bad checkpoint placement, it's just that you're not. good enough to get through it without having trouble! Just be glad we're not playing [other game that isn't dark souls oh god forbid] that would have just made it easier after the first few times you faled

Also Dark Souls 2 is the worse because there's not a suitable level cap for PVP! :cry:

Plus did you know that there is a level transition that doesnt make sense? MY IMMERSION!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The Let's Play Sandcastle (Argue about Dark Souls here)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I don't know how anyone could get up to the Bed of Chaos and continue to say that Dark Souls is a flawless game. You should be required to get a psychiatric analysis if you do something that crazy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ninjahedgehog posted:

The most annoying part is when fanboys get tired of arguing (or a mod tells them to knock that poo poo off) and they just say "Weeeeeell, it's not for everyone, I guess," with the biggest :smuggo: you can possibly express through text.

Well, dunno what to say, but video games are not for everyone I guess. :smuggo:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Golden Goat posted:

That's too stupid for even them to say that.

Talk to my kid brother sometime (try politics or humor if you need a topic) and tell me that "too stupid," as a concept, exists. There's nothing so stupid as to be out-of-bounds.

Wilkin
Mar 15, 2014

I'll'ven't used a lot of contractions in my time.
This discussion is getting to a point where I can't tell if any Dark Souls comment is satire or dead serious.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
What do you mean you can't discern between sarcasm and serious posts on an internet message board? You clearly need to get better at posting. Or as the 'cores say it: "pfft, fuckin' casual. post gud scrub!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I'm sure that the current generation will be worse off than the generations that grew up on slightly different completely retarded poo poo like comic books, wrestling, toy-selling cartoons or Pokémon. Parents have always been terrible, and mass media have been super exploitative for decades. Also Bill Hicks is terrible.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I'm sure that the current generation will be worse off than the generations that grew up on slightly different completely retarded poo poo like comic books, wrestling, toy-selling cartoons or Pokémon. Parents have always been terrible, and mass media have been super exploitative for decades. Also Bill Hicks is terrible.

So the next generation will grow up on Youtube, Let's Plays, Memes and Pokemon. Since Pokemon is the only item that seems to pass from generation to generation should we abolish it? It could be the cause of everything.

SnakemanMn
Apr 1, 2013

"What is green, slimy, and smells like bacon?"

Golden Goat posted:

So the next generation will grow up on Youtube, Let's Plays, Memes and Pokemon. Since Pokemon is the only item that seems to pass from generation to generation should we abolish it? It could be the cause of everything.
If Pokemon was ever going to die out, it would have by now. I don't see it stopping for quite a long time, frankly.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
Every generation is terrible and will continue to be so. A little bit of dumb children's media isn't going to end society.

Y'know who should be a good, moral role model for our kids? Shadow the Hedgehog, who I'm currently riffing over.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Mr DJB posted:

Y'know who should be a good, moral role model for our kids? Shadow the Hedgehog, who I'm currently riffing over.

When I was young and stupid and had no taste in any form of media, this was the tightest poo poo! I played all the endings, beat the final boss, and even got all those loving keys. Watching this has pleased me greatly, I can't wait to see the good route. Will y'all be doing the true final boss as well?

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

Well yeah, people need to hear about Shadow's dark as hell backstory.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
What if pokemon had guns?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Afraid of Audio posted:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Afraid of Audio posted:

That's Blastoise. :v:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Anybody knows a good Halo 4 LP? Like, one that isn't co-op (for that split screen goodness), filmed through a sock, doesn't feature a guy that refers to Cortana as "itty bitty titty bitch" and is mercifully in English?

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

Now for something a little bit more sobering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9IewbI5Vms

This was painful.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Mr DJB posted:

This was painful.

:stare:

Jesus Christ, I am really glad I did not know about this guy until today.

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.

Mr DJB posted:

This was painful.

I still have a few minutes to go, but good loving lord. What is wrong with some people?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Mr DJB posted:

This was painful.

I'm thirty seconds in and I can't stand this. There's a whole twenty minutes of this?

I heard about the pedophilia thing. A friend of mine is friends with him. Possibly just was friends and cut him off now this poo poo is out. I kind of want to know what she thinks about it, but I don't wanna like, start some poo poo.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

Dr. Buttass posted:

I'm thirty seconds in and I can't stand this. There's a whole twenty minutes of this?

It's not all poem, don't worry!

It gets worse.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

:wtc:
That's horrible. I'm kind of speechless. poo poo.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I didn't know that aatrek made lps.

e: I posted that just before I watched the video: I'm now halfway through and jesus loving christ this is the worst loving thing and I feel bad for making a lovely joke about it

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 15, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mr DJB posted:

This was painful.

What the gently caress is a superpsyguy?

EDIT: The more I hear, the more I wish I didn't. :stare:

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 16, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

In some not depresing-as-hell news, chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade Chronicles began the other day and the game looks pretty drat interesting. It's been a while since I watched his videos but he's one of the few people who I can say really deserve to make a living out of their LPs because he has some fantastic production values and really does his research.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Dr Eggman is having a meltdown about the superpsyguy news.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.

IceAgeComing posted:

I didn't even respond to the guy, and he decided to focus on me, too.

He seems to be after attention. I'm guessing he's not all that busy since Robotnik/Eggman isn't a very big deal anymore. He said I had no sense of humor, though.

You know, a situation where some scumbag is trying to manipulate teenage girls and groom them for sex, then trying to ruin them with horrifying smear campaigns and giving out personal info, is great joke material, right!?

He's a crazy rear end in a top hat after attention. I wouldn't give him the pleasure.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Why is Mike Pollock of all people sending you bizarre, vaguely-insulting tweets over this?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mike Pollock is the kind of guy who thinks making lame pun headlines about recently deceased celebrities is hard hitting edgy humor.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Deem Bristow would never have defended a paedophile...

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

IceAgeComing posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean? Is he trying to be insulting or did he get possessed by the devil?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Princess Sheepy posted:

What the gently caress does that even mean? Is he trying to be insulting or did he get possessed by the devil?

It's the particularly long name of a Welsh town.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Princess Sheepy posted:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (Llanfair for short) is a town in Wales that had its name artificially inflated to Llanfair­pwllgwyn­gyllgo­gery­chwyrn­drobwll­llanty­silio­gogo­goch in order to set some sort of record. Why the gently caress it's used as an insult (I guess?) here is beyond me.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku
Can I get some context to all this? Who are we upset about?

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

gatz posted:

Apparently the guy who voiced Dr. Eggman has stooped to an all time low and needs to defend pedophiles in order to feel important.

TheMcD posted:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (Llanfair for short) is a town in Wales that had its name artificially inflated to Llanfair­pwllgwyn­gyllgo­gery­chwyrn­drobwll­llanty­silio­gogo­goch in order to set some sort of record. Why the gently caress it's used as an insult (I guess?) here is beyond me.

Maybe because he thinks he's "random" or something, as if that's even a remarkable trait.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

gatz posted:

Essentially, it seems some twerp named SuperPsyGuy is a pretty creepy, pedophile

At the moment however, I'm more interested to know just why the gently caress Eggman decided to jump in on this.

You have no idea how tempted I am to make a video showcasing all these tweets set to the Eggman theme.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Princess Sheepy posted:

Apparently the guy who voiced Dr. Eggman has stooped to an all time low and needs to defend pedophiles in order to feel important.

BMS posted:

Essentially, it seems some twerp named SuperPsyGuy is a pretty creepy, pedophile

Both those are obvious from watching the video and reading this thread. Who is superpsyguy, other than a pedophile? Why is he being brought up in this thread?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

gatz posted:

Both those are obvious from watching the video and reading this thread. Who is superpsyguy, other than a pedophile? Why is he being brought up in this thread?

He is a semi-popular LPer, mainly due to sucking up to internet celebrities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I would gather he made a lovely lp video that DJB riffed over. The point that he's a shitfaced pedo is as good a place as any to be mentioned in said video.

• Locked thread