Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

SRM posted:

Squifferific posted:

Eventually I'll get around to getting a squad of Rough Riders on Dark Elf Cold Ones. Ponies aren't very metal. Giant angry lizard steeds are.
:siren:Paging Buffalo Chicken to the thread, paging Buffalo Chicken to the thread:siren:
:unsmigghh:

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Here's a couple of semi-rough test models I've just finished. Trying to decide on a scheme to use for my next army. The Ultramarine was easy to do but looks a bit flat. The Fist pops more but was a bit of a poo poo to paint and I'm not sure how well it will translate to vehicles. I'd also need to add another layer of highlighting to the yellow after the glaze because of how it flattened them down.

These are both fantastic, but thirding the opinion that you make your own Chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Those are really great, assuming those are Dark Elves Cold Ones?

:stare: , what what is wrong with her stomache

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Eldar-Prisoners

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 13, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Is that the only thing that concerns you with these?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i agree, the eyes are also quite troubling

edit: but seriously i am kind of surprised those are still for sale

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Boon posted:

I always enjoy placing objectives.

"I see you've placed your first objective (later all) solidly in your deployment zone and out of LoS. I look forward to this game."

I always like to place objectives in the middle, so my opponent and I have to loving go for 'em. It's usually as easy as being like, "Hey man, let's make this interesting. Why don't we place them out of our deployment zones and in the middle?" Usually dude's cool about it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Is that the only thing that concerns you with these?

Well yeah, I mean seriously look at her loving abdomen, poo poo is hosed up and the other one appears to have tumours or something on her breasts.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

:stare: , what what is wrong with her stomache

Gary Morely.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

These guys rule. The Dark Elf cold ones are seriously nice models, I really wish GW would add them to the Lizardmen line. Even the old cold ones were better than the awful doofus-raptors they have now.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

YES. Something like this is definitely on my list, right after I finish painting what I have. So 20X6 then.

Implementor
Oct 28, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

It looks like they wimped out and used lots of not-yellow.

All I see are two slices of gouda on a boat.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

spacegoat posted:

Gary Morely.
Beat me to it. He's done some good work, but his bad work is especially heinous.

Hollismason posted:

I asked elsewhere and found out that these may be the first models made for 40k

http://solegends.com/citrt/1st40kreleases.htm

SRM you have some work to do..
I think these were actually the very first models released for 40k, although they were before Warhammer 40k was actually a thing. They were adventurers for roleplaying games or something of the sort:

I've tried to get the Marine a couple times, but every time I do it goes for like 30-40 bucks which I'm not willing to drop on one model. I have tons of RT era stuff in my Crimson Fists, but my Ultras are strictly 2nd ed, which is like 9 years after those models.

Here's some old photos of my older Fists why not:

SRM fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 13, 2014

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Dude at the front with the powerfist wants his cape back :colbert:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I have a question, since nobody seems to know the answer. Does being unbound mean you can take super heavies and stuff from Escalation/Apoc?

Because his army is bullshit/not fun.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Yes, you can take whatever the gently caress you want. The only caveat is that during deployment and during the game, the units must obey the allies rules.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

UberJumper posted:

I have a question, since nobody seems to know the answer. Does being unbound mean you can take super heavies and stuff from Escalation/Apoc?

Because his army is bullshit/not fun.

You can take them in Battleforged.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

That's not the only caveat. The other is that both players must agree on the terms of the game. So you can stonewall and refuse to play Unbound if you want. Whether that's worth the social cost and bad feelings? That's up to you, but you do have the option.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Lungboy posted:

Yes, you can take whatever the gently caress you want. The only caveat is that during deployment and during the game, the units must obey the allies rules.

:negative:

For a thousand point army i am facing this:

1 x Stormlord
3 x veteran squads
1 x CCS
2 x Primaris Psyker
1 x ADL with Quad

:negative:

I don't think my Vendetta's will be enough.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hrmmm, playing against a Lord of War in 1000 points is very difficult.

What do you have access to?

Assuming Stormlord is a Baneblade variant. That is immune to melta.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Why are you arranging a game you don't want to play?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Don't kinkshame.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Put 5 Harbingers of the Storm in a Nightscythe. For 225pts you can dump the Crypteks behind its hull out of view of the ADL and put 11+ Glances on the Stormlord, wrecking it instantly. Then ask him to never play that stupid thing in 1000pts again.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Hollismason posted:

Where did you get this from?

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

For real, just tell the dude you don't want to play that poo poo and to bring something else, if it's that big a deal. The Primaris Psykers are likely going to fish for on Divination for stuff - Twin Link at the least, 4++ Power at worst - and the Quad Gun is specifically to gently caress with your flyers and anything that tries to Deep Strike in. It's pretty nasty, assuming it is played right.

Alternatively, if you have Basilisks and Manticores, just take only those with some flyers. Hit on side armor, blow off any assholes on the Quad, and then just hammer the tank as he wiggles it around to try and find LOS on artillery you've hidden away.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I think I'm changing my daemon army into a split Word Bearer CSM/Daemon one. Given that I have:

A Lord of Change
A Soulgrinder
~20 Horrors
10 Bloodletters
3 Flamers
1 Winged Demon Prince
2 Heralds of Tzeentch

2 CSM Tac squads
The DV Chaos figs
Ahriman
Fabius Bile
Thousand Sons squad

What do I NEED to add, besides rhinos?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I don't know, what else do you...want? You can make a legal army with what you have.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm a big fan of Chaos Spawn w/ Mark of Nurgle personally. Random attacks are kind of bogus , but I mean seriously they are kind of boss to have a T6 W3 model charging around. they have no save but I mean there's always cover.

I also really like Beasts of Nurgle.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
I'd only really suggest a Heldrake and some Plaguebearers. Heldrake is still solid, looks rad as hell, and helps shore up your list versus Flyers a little more. Plus, you can sometimes swing infuriating crap with Cursed Earth with it. Plaguebearers are just fantastic to summon, since they are such a pain in the rear end to clear off of any objective in cover. I've been summoning a unit of Plaguebearers turn 1 to drop on a backfield objective as I move up, and it works pretty well. Maybe you could use some anti-armor in there as well, to help versus mechanized lists? Plenty of ways to handle that, though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Beerdeer posted:

What do I NEED to add, besides rhinos?

Use these for counts-as plaguebearers.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the true sickness of man dwells within, you see

edit: i think it's kind of funny 7th edition was probably supposed to spike daemon sales but resulted in me not wanting to play them at all

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I've actually been playing a Crimson Slaught along with Daemons army and then also allying in my Necrons so i can actually get to above 1800 when needed.

It's a lot of fun.

I got a sweet deal on Flayed ones and managed to make them kind of look like Plague Bearers. So I'm pretty happy with the new rules.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Ork pre-orders are up

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flash-Gitz
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Smasha-Gun
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Traktor-Kannon
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Kustom-Mega-kannon
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Bubblechukka
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Big-Mek-with-Shokk-Attack-Gun

$46 per gun or, you know, $4 in plasticard, bits, and some effort.

E:Video unrelated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGSTOShh1Yg

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 13, 2014

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

SRM posted:

I think these were actually the very first models released for 40k, although they were before Warhammer 40k was actually a thing. They were adventurers for roleplaying games or something of the sort:

Oldham confirming that those were definitely the first couple of minis. LE1 Space Marine. I think the Ork was LE3... There was a bunch of other random stuff in the "Limited Edition" line like "constipated dwarf".

There were several other Space Marines done with the pirate-boot greaves style - I think by Bob Naismith? - before the arrival of the bell-bottom power armour we know today. Pretty sure all those were pre-RT releases, and didn't hang around that long once the new style was established with RTB01.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Flash Gitz are only up for pre-order? I saw 5 boxes at my LGS.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Flash Gitz are only up for pre-order? I saw 5 boxes at my LGS.

How many did you buy, four or all five?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i bought the whole store

They weren't up for sale, I saw them behind the counter. I didn't realize they were supposed to ship tomorrow, though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

37bux.png

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Hollismason posted:

Hrmmm, playing against a Lord of War in 1000 points is very difficult.

What do you have access to?

But...but we just had this conversation. It isn't immune to melta in any way. Lascannons and meltas IS how you kill a Stormlord with Guard.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Those rat BASTARDS. I was really counting on buying one kit and getting just one tractor for it, then just bullshitting together a ton of sprue tractors for the other guns. I might just wait for the meganobz, then.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Kaysette posted:

37bux.png

AreYouFuckingKiddingMe.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Those rat BASTARDS. I was really counting on buying one kit and getting just one tractor for it, then just bullshitting together a ton of sprue tractors for the other guns. I might just wait for the meganobz, then.

you are aware you can still do this, right? the box comes with all four guns.

• Locked thread