Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Got tired of 17 MPG from my 06 DTS.

The new ride.

1L less displacement and it moves well. The 3.6L DI is a gem of a motor. While not as fast off the line as a Northstar at the upper end it was way more usable power. You can go 75+ mash the gas and the engine just starts pulling hard. And the handling well lets just say the DTS Performance sedan I had with magneride was performance in name only. On/Offramps are so much fun.

KennyLoggins fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

The Midniter posted:

Awesome. Is that a two-door? Please tell me it's a two-door.

Wow late reply but yeah, 2 door, 5 speed 4WD. Its a 1990 but the previous owner already swapped the H.O. into it so it looks like a Renix but has the H.O. head. I love it, 4.5" lift, 31" Goodyears, fun stuff.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Lurch posted:

I took my ute up to Biloela from Ipswich, about 700k's :australia:
lovely phone with a lovely camera.

Seven Sisters from Ban-Ban Springs

Met a Bunyip in Mulgildie

I had an XR6 for about 3 months while I was in Tassie a year-and-a-half ago. With a dead straight-6/RWD sitting in my parking spot at the moment, I'm missing my old Missed-It-By-One even more.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Jefinabox posted:

1962 Commer PA camper van with my mini van behind it.

Half fared wheels and a sliding drivers door :allears:

Pulling Teeth
Jan 13, 2008
My Cadillac got that bass
I just bought this - Renaultsport Megane 225 Cup

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
My DD for the last 6 months. 252k miles, and in pretty much perfect condition. The PO had 10k in receipts. I may have to sell her in the next month or so. It's really gonna break my heart.

Leroy Diplowski fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 13, 2014

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
I picked up a 2014 Optima SX turbo in december and finally got around to putting a set of lowering springs and 20mm spacers on it. Much happier with the look of the car and feel like this is the way it should have come from the factory. (it cost ~$600 installed)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

kill me now posted:

I picked up a 2014 Optima SX turbo in december and finally got around to putting a set of lowering springs and 20mm spacers on it. Much happier with the look of the car and feel like this is the way it should have come from the factory. (it cost ~$600 installed)

That looks excellent. Not too expensive, either. Did it change the ride, that you've noticed?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

The Midniter posted:

That looks excellent. Not too expensive, either. Did it change the ride, that you've noticed?

Its a little firmer but still comfortable. I'm sure it will eventually kill the struts but I don't do all that many miles a year. Its still softer than my vette or lowered SRT8 magnum were so its worth it to me for the look. I'm going to have to get used to dodging potholes more aggressively and angling up and down driveways again.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Kia really stepped up their game and made the latest batch of rides really really nice. Nice ride, but the color really sets it off well.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Kia really stepped up their game and made the latest batch of rides really really nice. Nice ride, but the color really sets it off well.

That's what happens when you take design talent like Schreyer and tell them to make something other than different sizes of the same car.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

blk posted:

That's what happens when you take design talent like Schreyer and tell them to make something other than different sizes of the same car.

Apparently he has been pushing to get the gt4 stinger concept made into a production car but its been shelved by corporate hq at this point.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

kill me now posted:

Apparently he has been pushing to get the gt4 stinger concept made into a production car but its been shelved by corporate hq at this point.

It's Camaro and Corvette all over again (except I'm much more interested in a Stinger than a Camaro and the GenCoupe is much more mediocre than the Corvette ever was - well, maybe not the C3).

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

kill me now posted:

I hate how you're always a slightly better version of myself. I've got a Corvette but yours is better, I got a blue Optima SX but yours is newer and now looks better too (aside from the turbo badge I still hate).

I'm not interested in lowering mine because for me it still has to be very utilitarian and I have the C5 if I want to go fast on a stiff ride, but I was interested in getting new wheels for it. I've never actually bought aftermarket wheels for a vehicle though and there's just too many options out there. Any recommendations on what you think looks good on a blue optima?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

davebo posted:

I hate how you're always a slightly better version of myself. I've got a Corvette but yours is better, I got a blue Optima SX but yours is newer and now looks better too (aside from the turbo badge I still hate).

I'm not interested in lowering mine because for me it still has to be very utilitarian and I have the C5 if I want to go fast on a stiff ride, but I was interested in getting new wheels for it. I've never actually bought aftermarket wheels for a vehicle though and there's just too many options out there. Any recommendations on what you think looks good on a blue optima?

I sold the vette and now only have the Optima :ssh:

I also hate the turbo badge but whatever, I'm not going to bother trying to switch it out.

Honestly I think aftermarket wheels look bad on Optima's unless the car is lowered. It just looks awkward to me. I also really like the '14 turbo wheels so I haven't really looked into new ones much at all. Though I don't think you could go wrong with a set of TSW nurbergrings or something similar.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

20mm spacers? It must have had bread truck wheel offset.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Larrymer posted:

20mm spacers? It must have had bread truck wheel offset.

eh, the stock wheels are 18x7.5 +46 and they look like every other non performance sedans stock fitment.

This is what it looks like stock

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

kill me now posted:

I sold the vette and now only have the Optima :ssh:

Did you not like the vette?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

kimbo305 posted:

Did you not like the vette?

I loved it, but I only have one parking spot and can't park on the street overnight at my current place. I also had a slow second half of last year work wise and decided that if I wasn't going to have the extra money to do trackdays with it then I may as well get something I can drive during the winter without having to worry about the weather as well as have something more practical.

Ideally I'll get another one down the road but for now the Optima will have to do.

I was also hoping they would go forward with the gt4 stinger and I would be able to lease one of those when my Optima lease is up.

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
Replaced the carb on my Camaro yesterday and brought it home last night rather than let it sit, neglected, at dad's house all summer. Wife's car is gonna sleep outside for a while.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

Replaced the carb on my Camaro yesterday and brought it home last night rather than let it sit, neglected, at dad's house all summer. Wife's car is gonna sleep outside for a while.

Sup S2000 buddy :hfive:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Holdbrooks posted:

Here is my $1500 Exocet donor.

I decided to polish the turd real quick to see what I'm working with, and got some pretty surprising results. I kind of feel bad that I am going to disassemble it and part out everything but the suspension and drivetrain.

Is the steering wheel spoken for already? Need to replace the one in my wife's NA.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Speaking of $600, that how much I just paid for this fly ride

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CountOfNowhere posted:

Speaking of $600, that how much I just paid for this fly ride

Sheeit, I'm jealous. 1.8T, right? Sludged? Billions of miles?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Sheeit, I'm jealous. 1.8T, right? Sludged? Billions of miles?

1.8t, appears... Not currently sludged. 170k.

Needed a windshield and didn't run when I got it. Battery tray drains were clogged and like 6" of water up in that bitch.

Came with a full tank of gas, good tires, a nice Kenwood excelon USB deck, and a fairly new set of $250 JL audio components. The speakers are going into my silver-blue b5.5, they're a huge upgrade over the stock monsoons.

Once I steal everything I want off it, it's getting sold - hopefully for a profit.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I fujking love Brands Hatch m8s!

I badly need an oil cooler and also need to figure out why I started to loose the ability to shift into 2nd and 4th after 10 laps or so.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice car, Michael Bolton. Let's race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Nice car, Michael Bolton. Let's race.

t:mad:

You still neva said if your going to dn this year????????????? Not that it matters because its sold out for me anyway.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

smelly cabin filter posted:

t:mad:

You still neva said if your going to dn this year????????????? Not that it matters because its sold out for me anyway.

I can't afford tyres op!!! :(

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

I can't afford tyres op!!! :(

Lol u fukken wasteman! :newlol:

You should def come to a trackday and then we can have a beer or something tho.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

smelly cabin filter posted:

Lol u fukken wasteman! :newlol:

You should def come to a trackday and then we can have a beer or something tho.

I want v70as to be fair. Send me 900 quid and I'll go!!!!
Yeah man for sure. Check out what track days we have coming up and I'll see if I can sort you a discount if you fancy any of them.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

I want v70as to be fair. Send me 900 quid and I'll go!!!!
Yeah man for sure. Check out what track days we have coming up and I'll see if I can sort you a discount if you fancy any of them.

Going on your enkeis? I'm still running crappy toyos which i've heatcycled the poo poo out of.
I've got to go to a wedding in the south of france in august anyway so dn is out for me, im half tempted to drive there if I can get my aircon sorted.

Honestly might go back to brands again next month because its about an hour away from me and im lazy. Can you get discounts with any TDO?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

kill me now posted:

drat I'm jealous because I wanted a blue SX but couldn't find one anywhere. Also I could've sworn that all SX's come with LED fogs

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

real_scud posted:

drat I'm jealous because I wanted a blue SX but couldn't find one anywhere. Also I could've sworn that all SX's come with LED fogs

The SX-turbo has the regular fog lights, the SXL (limited) all have the quad led fog lights. I don't like the quilted leather or the chrome wheels on the SXL so I went with the regular SX. I do wish I had the black microfiber headliner that comes in the SXL though. That makes the car feel nicer for sure.

The corsa blue isn't really that rare, we generally get one in every month or two. I just checked the dealer stocks for the north east region and there are 54 blue SX turbo's available compared to 68 black, 45 Titanium, 70 satin metal (this sort of blows my mind because we almost never get these in stock), 48 white, and 52 red. Fairly even production counts across the different colors.

After having the car lowered for almost a week I am super happy I did it. It feels much better going through turns to the point where its the tires that give up before the suspension. The car used to feel floaty and unhappy going through any turns at speed. Now it feels a lot more composed and planted. Its almost a fun car to drive now.

kill me now fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 18, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
2.5 RS are so pretty. Lucky unknown coworker it has a small bit of cancer in the usual Subaru spot though :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How to make a ford flex look like a PT cruiser.

I also parked next to a black S2000 today, but was just out on a tool run and forgot my phone in the garage :(

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp
Just got this babe; 2012 Honda Civic Coupe with 16k miles on it.

Considering my previous car was a loving 1995 GMC Jimmy for 6 years, I'm loving juiced! I'll try to take some better quality pictures tomorrow if anyone gives a poo poo.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got rid of my M3 and my Miata is still on the market, but I got this as a new daily driver. New leftover '13 Genesis Coupe 2.0t R-Spec.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Got rid of my M3 and my Miata is still on the market, but I got this as a new daily driver. New leftover '13 Genesis Coupe 2.0t R-Spec.

Lmao, I bought a 2013 Genesis coupe yesterday. 3.8 r spec though.

For me it was quite the grown up decision to not get the turbo version. After having turbos for the last 8 years and loving all of it I decided to get something that was going to be less tempting to spend money on and therefore provide less stress. Even though the turbo version of the same car is actually more appealing and generally cheaper.

Going back to n/a, even with ~348 hp, jesus it feels slow and grandpa as gently caress. I swear to god I thought I got scammed with some i4 swap out of a honda until I looked at the speedo. My bolt on cobalt ss would whip this pretty soundly though, but I was expecting it.

Going to throw on some exhaust so I can actually downshift without looking at my tach, a shifter... and that's probably it. Maybe a intake so I can fit some catch cans for GDI. This is a very strange thought for me

I have some silly fender stripes I need to remove. Hopefully it won't be a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Got rid of my M3 , I got this New leftover '13 Genesis Coupe 2.0t R-Spec.

Why? :cry:

I understand consolidation, but I don't see this as anything but a downgrade. Is it just automotive ADD (that I might understand)?