Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Snap center should be good for those who are kinectless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Snap Center already exists :)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Well, that's why they're talking about it, pretty sure it's already a thing.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Avoid at all costs. The lead dev is a smug shithead who actively loathes console players of his game. After having my character progress reset twice for no reason, I quit. Haven't really kept up with it since, but it appears the 360 version still has not received the patch that the PS3 version got...which still put it probably twenty patches behind the PC version. Yes, I know it's easier to patch games on PC, but I don't care how fun the game was (and it was extraordinarily fun at times), if you're not going to support your product, gently caress off. I have no doubt next-gen versions will be treated the same.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

The Midniter posted:

Avoid at all costs. The lead dev is a smug shithead who actively loathes console players of his game. After having my character progress reset twice for no reason, I quit. Haven't really kept up with it since, but it appears the 360 version still has not received the patch that the PS3 version got...which still put it probably twenty patches behind the PC version. Yes, I know it's easier to patch games on PC, but I don't care how fun the game was (and it was extraordinarily fun at times), if you're not going to support your product, gently caress off. I have no doubt next-gen versions will be treated the same.

Ugh, is it really that bad? I have it on my PS3 from + and haven't gotten around to it, now I'm wondering if it's worth my time there even.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

MrBond posted:

Ugh, is it really that bad? I have it on my PS3 from + and haven't gotten around to it, now I'm wondering if it's worth my time there even.

Yes, it's really that bad. If you desire to play the real Payday 2, get it on PC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to be interesting to see your Neogaf and Reddit type people who like to poo poo all over Infamous because it's Playstation exclusive talk about how much they like Sunset Overdrive. Everything I see makes it look more and more similar.

Which means it'll probably be fun enough to play but everything about the characterization and world is just awful.

The randomized respawns they have are a cool idea.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Midniter posted:

Avoid at all costs. The lead dev is a smug shithead who actively loathes console players of his game.

Good.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Aphrodite posted:

It's going to be interesting to see your Neogaf and Reddit type people who like to poo poo all over Infamous because it's Playstation exclusive talk about how much they like Sunset Overdrive. Everything I see makes it look more and more similar.

Which means it'll probably be fun enough to play but everything about the characterization and world is just awful.

The randomized respawns they have are a cool idea.

It probably won't have much characterization at all. Looks like shallow arcadey-style fun.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

MrBond posted:

The 360 version launched as a build that was used as a beta version on PC. It has never been updated.

The PC version, meanwhile, has like four times the content now, not including paid DLC and also innunerable balance patches and bugfixes.

E: To be clear, Payday 2 is a great game. Even in its poor console state it's worth playing, but ONLY if you're incapable of running the PC version or specifically want to play with console friends. Don't expect any support or any hint of support. The dev will literally laugh at you if you ask about console updates.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 13, 2014

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Ironically enough, most players of the PC version of Payday 2 would tell you to get the console version, precisely because it's twenty patches behind and the grind hasn't been patched into that version.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't really tell from the preview, is Destiny only first person view or are you able to toggle into third person outside of vehicle use?

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Has anyone else used their XBone to play blu-ray video discs? I just tried mine for the first time, and boy it is actually unwatchably bad. Video compression artifacts come up on screen about every 10-15 seconds which last for a good second or so until the scene/screen refreshes. It's not the disc because it works 100% fine on the PS3.

Edit: The only related issues I can find online are for people with lip-sync problems at 24 Hz, but that's not my issue at all.. or I'm watching Planet Earth so it doesn't matter, since there are no lips to sync with.

E2: Changing this setting seems to have fixed the compression artifact problem. I guess it was the same issue, I just didn't notice because of what I was watching.

Semi-related and I bet I know the answer (no), but is there any way to make the controls for the bluray player what a normal human being would want? It's weird that "X" is play and pause, for instance, instead of "start" like every other device ever.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 13, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soonmot posted:

I couldn't really tell from the preview, is Destiny only first person view or are you able to toggle into third person outside of vehicle use?

From the alpha there doesnt seem to be any way to move into third person outside of vehicles and the hub world.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Soonmot posted:

First person gameplay. Third person for vehicles and in the social hub.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

Saladman posted:

Has anyone else used their XBone to play blu-ray video discs? I just tried mine for the first time, and boy it is actually unwatchably bad. Video compression artifacts come up on screen about every 10-15 seconds which last for a good second or so until the scene/screen refreshes. It's not the disc because it works 100% fine on the PS3.

Edit: The only related issues I can find online are for people with lip-sync problems at 24 Hz, but that's not my issue at all.. or I'm watching Planet Earth so it doesn't matter, since there are no lips to sync with.

Semi-related and I bet I know the answer (no), but is there any way to make the controls for the bluray player what a normal human being would want? It's weird that "X" is play and pause, for instance, instead of "start" like every other device ever.

Seriously, with all the one-of-a-kind issues you're experiencing, you should probably kill yourself.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

friendly fire bro

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Explain How! posted:

Seriously, with all the one-of-a-kind issues you're experiencing, you should probably kill yourself.

Yes because I was also the only one who was having the problem where turning on the Xbone turned off all of my other devices. Except that it was happening to literally everyone but no one bothered to post about it and it wasn't in the press release of the June changelog.

Edit: I'd post in other forums about it, but everywhere else on the Internet, every thread about the Xbone is filled with retarded Microsoft fanboys in a disgusting slurry with rabid PS4 fanboys. At least here there is a sprinkling of sanity.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 13, 2014

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

epitasis posted:

friendly fire bro

seriously, that was needlessly rude and aggressive.

Saladman posted:

Yes because I was also the only one who was having the problem where turning on the Xbone turned off all of my other devices. Except that it was happening to literally everyone but no one bothered to post about it and it wasn't in the press release of the June changelog.

I haven't had the issue myself or seen much about it (or the device off thing). Have you tried giving the console a hard restart?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Soonmot posted:

As others have mentioned you can get a third person view from vehicles and the social hub tower is always third person, but you can also do actions that are shown in third person (dancing, sitting, pointing, waving). You can't play like that as far as I can tell though.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

seriously, that was needlessly rude and aggressive.

I haven't had the issue myself or seen much about it (or the device off thing). Have you tried giving the console a hard restart?

The problem for me (and anyone else with more than one thing hooked into their TV) was previously that HDMI control only allowed you to toggle. So if you're using your PS3 or whatever, then switch the Bone on and have HDMI control turned on, it will shut everything off because "toggle" is the only allowed command.

The June dashboard update fixed this though with the option to now send specific On or Off commands only, so it doesn't interfere with multi-system setups.( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608847&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=88 ).

I'm looking forward to the next update, in July I guess?, allowing you to choose English in any region too... I'll finally be able to use region-locked apps. Netflix-ho.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

quote:

‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.

Glad they're finally doing this. They really need to up the social media integration with DVR clips.

No Blu-Ray problems on my end, works like a dream when I can be bothered to rent blurays.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Saladman posted:

While the other guy was a dick, turning on my xbone has never turned off all my other devices. I have also not had issues with the blu-ray player, although I rarely use it as I only own one blu-ray.

Edit - oh, you clarified about the devices turning off thing. Yeah, I only had the bone hooked up to my TV until about a month ago so I guess I got lucky and happened to hook up a second HDMI device around the time that they fixed it.

\/\/\/\/ I have a hard time getting pumped up for indies on consoles since they often have been out on PC for awhile and will have already been in a steam sale/humble bundle by the time it launches on consoles.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 14, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

volgarr is a rad game. you guys should probably be more excited about that than sunset overdrive tbh

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
This is probably a dumb question, but how do I get my xbox one to automatically sign on to an account without using Kinect? It was listed as one of the features in the June patch, but I don't see an option for it.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

GamingHyena posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but how do I get my xbox one to automatically sign on to an account without using Kinect? It was listed as one of the features in the June patch, but I don't see an option for it.

Its buried somewhere in the settings. Maybe under system or something? It was in the patch for sure

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GamingHyena posted:

I have the same problem. If it exists it on an option tied to a single black pixel on the dashboard. Somewhere.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Me and TheChirurgeon played through a chunk of the DR3 Capcom DLC with randoms to fill the other two slots. Holy poo poo is that DLC just really entertaining. We were laughing most of the time at all the insanity. Felicia Nick and BB Hood Frank were highlights of the madness.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
yeah it's pretty loving rad. I'm going to play through it again just to get all the costumes and try out every character.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

My Xbone plays blurays as a proper bluray player should. No more, no less. The discs are played to satisfaction, and things work properly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't actually, but not everyone will notice.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Aphrodite posted:

how far away are you sitting from your tv?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

GamingHyena posted:

Its in settings - preferences - instant sign in(bottom of middle column)

Finding it is like a game in itself.

I've been playing the free with gold Max game, its better than I expected. Definitely try it.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have the same problem. If it exists it on an option tied to a single black pixel on the dashboard. Somewhere.

Oh it's there. I will be super helpful and not tell you since I don't remember. Took me forever to figure it out. Maybe kinect profile login option?

Edit found it
Auto Sign-In. You requested this, and now you have it! With Auto-Sign In, you can now select an account to sign in automatically when you turn on your Xbox One. To enable this option, navigate to Settings > Preferences > Instant sign-in, and choose the account you wish to sign in automatically. 

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Awesome! posted:

how far away are you sitting from your tv?

Aphrodite games in style, sitting 3 feet away from a 72" TV

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Oh it's there. I will be super helpful and not tell you since I don't remember. Took me forever to figure it out. Maybe kinect profile login option?

Edit found it
Auto Sign-In. You requested this, and now you have it! With Auto-Sign In, you can now select an account to sign in automatically when you turn on your Xbox One. To enable this option, navigate to Settings > Preferences > Instant sign-in, and choose the account you wish to sign in automatically. 

Hey, thanks for posting this! Super-helpful.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

Aphrodite posted:

I haven't noticed any problems at all or diferences in playback from my ps3- how is it not working properly? Am I actually not noticing something?

Edit: so can anyone tell me how bluray playback is broken?

Fake Name fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 15, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I have a disc stuck in the drive and it won't come out. Tried the forced eject thing and the disc is still stuck n there. The Blu-Ray drive has yet to even detect the disc.

*edit*

It's making horrible grinding noises now after I turned it off and back on.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 15, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The Taint Reaper posted:

So I have a disc stuck in the drive and it won't come out. Tried the forced eject thing and the disc is still stuck n there. The Blu-Ray drive has yet to even detect the disc.

*edit*

Time to call a 1-800 number.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Soul Glo posted:

Time to call a 1-800 number.

yeah sounds like a hardware failure. It happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

*edit*

Did you do a full shut down? Like unplug it and plug it back in/hold down the offbutton for 5 seconds? I had the bone eat a disk once but once a did a full reboot it was fine. Although the grinding noises seem bad, mine didnt do that.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 15, 2014

• Locked thread