Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

uwaeve posted:

Have you considered making an EVE PowerPoint presentation with which to astound your colleagues?

I think you know the answer to that. My presentation is next week. 2 people have RSVP'd. The guy who plays eve isn't even in that day. Again this is a lovely-boss barely-motivated too-much-time-on-my-hands thing. Boss wanted us to have Ted-like-talks about the things in life that we are passionate about. My coworker who plays D&D had us play D&D, three people came. Another coworker was going to present on the history of rockabilly and was fired before he could present. I was originally going to present on warhammer 40,000 but i decided to go with something much more boring :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Ben Smash posted:

I think you know the answer to that. My presentation is next week. 2 people have RSVP'd. The guy who plays eve isn't even in that day. Again this is a lovely-boss barely-motivated too-much-time-on-my-hands thing. Boss wanted us to have Ted-like-talks about the things in life that we are passionate about. My coworker who plays D&D had us play D&D, three people came. Another coworker was going to present on the history of rockabilly and was fired before he could present. I was originally going to present on warhammer 40,000 but i decided to go with something much more boring :v:

Wait what are you dickbutt tattoo guy? Or have I been rused?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

ChickenWing posted:

Wait what are you dickbutt tattoo guy? Or have I been rused?

I'm about 98% sure thats him.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

S-Alpha posted:

That's more amazing than it has any right to be, goddammit Space Violence. Now Theta needs a song too.

Wait, poo poo, it already has one.
I was thinking more along the lines of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor9GzivGbk&t=80s

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

powerful weedlock posted:

I don't understand how to enjoy playing this game. How do I have fun. I don't want to pay money just to watch numbers in EveMON tick up.

Don't ask me what I find fun either, because I literally haven't been able to see anything in this game besides ratting and mining, both of which are hilariously boring.

Well I'm unsubbed right now but most of my fun was from killing people who were ratting or mining. I was spreading fun around because those tasks are boring.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

darth cookie posted:

Uh... why are FCON GENTS and CO2 all showing as neutral to me while I'm in GoonWaffe?

Resubbing :sun:

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

I can't believe no one has posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

darth cookie posted:

Uh... why are FCON GENTS and CO2 all showing as neutral to me while I'm in GoonWaffe?

Aren't Gents and CO2 becoming Bastion?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bedshaped posted:

Aren't Gents and CO2 becoming Bastion?

Ding ding ding.

Edit: Not CO2 but Li3

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of

It has the money angle, but it's not quite Jewish enough. And you can't get much more Jewish than Fiddler on the Roo-

Finagle posted:

I can't believe no one has posted this:

poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

darth cookie posted:

Standings bug i'd guess:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

objectively bad posted:

https://soundcloud.com/governer-shreds/violence-in-me

Governer Shreds made a song about space violence

I can't listen at the moment, but seeing the title is it a story about the intraromantic man-love in Space Violence?

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

darth cookie posted:

It's about time possibly whatever window the standings are showing in is hosed. My local never shows standings properly.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

darth cookie posted:

One can dream.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Sir_Substance posted:

It's about time possibly whatever window the standings are showing in is hosed. My local never shows standings properly.

This happens to me on my alt, but not my main. I just open overview settings and click on any of the checkboxes in the character list area and it fixes it.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

I don't understand how to enjoy playing this game. How do I have fun. I don't want to pay money just to watch numbers in EveMON tick up.

Don't ask me what I find fun either, because I literally haven't been able to see anything in this game besides ratting and mining, both of which are hilariously boring.

Numbers ticking up is the best part of this game. You may not have enough autism to enjoy Eve.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Oh look at that. I managed to drag myself out of coma sleep early enough to make todays OP. Might actually get to go on my first one, and experience my first real pvp in eve. I'm way too stoked about this I think.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:psyduck:

I mean... what do you want us to tell you? :v:

Yes. Very obviously yes, you need to get out and try other things within the game!

Ratting and mining are just a few ways of making money: a means to an end.

That "end" in EVE is up to each individual to define. Some ideas (again depending heavily on your personal taste):

• Achieve market monopoly of a few products to hit the big-time as a trader.
  • 100 kills on your killboard.
  • Become a well-known, well-liked FC in one of Goonfleet's SIGs.
  • Theorycraft up a new ship fitting, then work some solo magic with it, in order to get some sweet sweet forums cred and plus-rep.
  • Live in a wormhole for a month and come out with a lot more money than you had going in.
  • Go on a capital hunting safari in enemy space.
  • Work the long-con to pull off a tremendous scam.
  • Figure out a reason to own and set up a POS. (Ehhh... maybe don't do this.)
  • Make a bunch of friends from all over the world in Mumble that you enjoy chatting with each night. (This is a big reason I log in each day.)

I will fully admit to being guilty of doing a lot of ratting. I get it. It's easy. You log in, you're docked in your home ratting system, you don't really have to travel anywhere or think too hard about what you feel like doing, and you can just watch your wallet grow bigger. I personally feel that EVE needs more fun activities that are right in front of the player and highly accessible when they log in, but that just is not the way it is right now unfortunately.

EVE is a bucket-list game. Once you check one off, you move onto your next one. Some people have no ability to pursue slightly intangible goals, let alone even figure out what those goals are. EVE, being the sandbox that it is, is not a good game for these people.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Siets posted:

Some ideas (again depending heavily on your personal taste):

The overall message here is that Eve is an open-ended experience and that fun you have comes from what you (or others) make for you. You have to go out and find it. But when you do it's a much better hit than any other game.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Siets posted:

I will fully admit to being guilty of doing a lot of ratting. I get it. It's easy. You log in, you're docked in your home ratting system, you don't really have to travel anywhere or think too hard about what you feel like doing, and you can just watch your wallet grow bigger. I personally feel that EVE needs more fun activities that are right in front of the player and highly accessible when they log in, but that just is not the way it is right now unfortunately.

That's why living in faction warfare space is so amazing. The one negative is that I am reticent to jump clone to FD- or VFK for smaller/less important ops since I will be stuck there for a day. I imagine if I were in another CFC alliance instead of fweddit, I would probably end up ratting or spending more time on alts.

Powerful Weedlock/Siets have you guys tried heading down to the cal/gal warzone for some solo pvp? it's really pretty close to dek. Learning solo pvp is by far the best thing I have done in eve in the past month or two. The excitement and adrenaline, along with the satisfaction of solo kills are really unmatched in eve aside from maybe flying supers or awox safaris

thehacker0 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 13, 2014

Frkzd
Jun 9, 2014

Maybe I'm just too stupid and gay to understand how to do anything. It's a real & likely possibility.

It sounds like you're understanding it perfectly. EVE for me has become an investment of time and money. A game I can play, almost without playing, until I can play it well.

I'm paying to wait for skills to train until I can pilot and fit something that makes decent ISK, while paying more to wait for more skills to train until I can also pilot and fit something that can cloak-blast for the lolz.

On that subject...

IsaoHung posted:

Cloaky proteus?

One of my clones was training for a Cloaky Proteus, but I'm thinking it's too expensive of a ship for just lolganks and went back to training Frigates. Any advice on using / not using Proteus?

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Its 500 dps of the worst damage type for ganking ratters. Stratios can warp cloaked and do 700 dps with two medium neuts. Cloaky loki can do 400 dps with all damage types and doesnt fold up like a wet paper towel the second someone applys a neut to you.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

thehacker0 posted:

Powerful Weedlock/Siets have you guys tried heading down to the cal/gal warzone for some solo pvp? it's really pretty close to dek. Learning solo pvp is by far the best thing I have done in eve in the past month or two. The excitement and adrenaline, along with the satisfaction of solo kills are really unmatched in eve aside from maybe flying supers or awox safaris

Coincidentally enough, my second account's faction warfare alt just finished cooking up his stealth bomber skills and I have started doing missions and PvP. Highsec and lowsec feel completely different when you are in a militia. It's quite fun and refreshing. I would join Fweddit with the alt but as I understand they are Amarr and I am working on my Gallente faction for a specific purpose.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Siets posted:

Coincidentally enough, my second account's faction warfare alt just finished cooking up his stealth bomber skills and I have started doing missions and PvP. Highsec and lowsec feel completely different when you are in a militia. It's quite fun and refreshing. I would join Fweddit with the alt but as I understand they are Amarr and I am working on my Gallente faction for a specific purpose.

Nice. Yea in militia you kinda have to avoid high sec regardless of wardecs, unless you are actually out looking to hunt some slaves. If you are aiming mostly to make isk, fweddit and the amarr militia are definitely not the best at the moment. LP value is still recovering, and we're tier 1.

e:

Frkzd posted:

It sounds like you're understanding it perfectly. EVE for me has become an investment of time and money. A game I can play, almost without playing, until I can play it well.

I'm paying to wait for skills to train until I can pilot and fit something that makes decent ISK, while paying more to wait for more skills to train until I can also pilot and fit something that can cloak-blast for the lolz.

Yea you are basically doing the exact thing that we regularly advise people not to do in this thread. You can start pvp'ing immediately with free tackle or ewar ships given out by most CFC alliances. Not sure what corp you are in, but I would highly suggest that you start pvp'ing asap. Join RvB or J4LP

thehacker0 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 13, 2014

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Frkzd posted:

This is the worst way to play Eve Online.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I logged into eve today, led a fleet, and now I'm sitting in TIDI in Delve.

gently caress yeah full eve experience.

Oh if you're AUTZ I'm going to start leading SV fleets in your TZ.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

smertrioslol posted:

What country's women are you currently violating?

Also, welcome back.

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...

smertrioslol posted:

I will stay up for you schaden.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

AAPsel posted:

Hey groon guys, what are you doing in delve and why did LAWN set you red?

There was some drama after http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Tactical_Tea_Baggers those dudes joined and we decided we'd rather reset LAWN than be blue to those douchebags and warned LAWN it was a bad idea letting them in. They proved it a few months later by trying to awox some goon carrier after spending most of their time in LAWN in syndicate camping the MHC gate. After that, all it takes is a few longdrinks trips.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

They were definitely idiots and we booted them 6 months or so ago. I'm not sure what leadership saw in them, they seem to have a soft spot for small scrappy corps.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Boogalo posted:

They were definitely idiots and we booted them 6 months or so ago. I'm not sure what leadership saw in them, they seem to have a soft spot for small scrappy corps.

:allears: I love hearing about my former corp of dumbasses in this thread. Least relevant corp ever but somehow they keep managing to pop up.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So it looks like N3 wanted content. And they got it.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

wdarkk posted:

I'm so pissed I was stuck at work while all this went down, been vicariously participating through jabber updates from some corp mates. Aside from our station camp skirmishes with BL, all our larger fleet battles recently seem to inevitably take place during eutz

thehacker0 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 13, 2014

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

wdarkk posted:

What happened?

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

thehacker0 posted:

I'm so pissed I was stuck at work while all this went down, been vicariously participating through jabber updates from some corp mates. Aside from our station camp skirmishes with BL, all our larger fleet battles recently seem to inevitably take place during eutz

I'm still there. I thas been a big TiDifest, but yeah, they came in, and they were crushed in the field.

thehacker0
Mar 19, 2014

Amberskin posted:

I'm still there. I thas been a big TiDifest, but yeah, they came in, and they were crushed in the field.

Yea I get off of work shortly, but I am guessing it's probably not worth rushing down there. Better to probably join the miniluv op than to burn to delve and find all the fights over.

Tolth posted:

What happened?

*5 full fleets formed up to defend a LAWN CSAA in delve that N3 was coming to shoot

thehacker0 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 13, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Tolth posted:

What happened?

BL reinforced a CFC CSAA in Delve, and batphoned N3 to finish the coathangering in EUTZ.

We showed up with five fleets -- over 400 baltecs, 100+ archons, a 70man FYF gang, and a bombing wing. (And that's just the stuff that was visible on the field.) TiDi happened, and then nothing happened.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

thehacker0 posted:

Yea I get off of work shortly, but I am guessing it's probably not worth rushing down there. Better to probably join the miniluv op than to burn to delve and find all the fights over.

~3 full fleets formed up to defend a LAWN CSAA in delve that N3 was coming to shoot

And by three fleets, you actually meant five.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ullerrm posted:

BL reinforced a CFC CSAA in Delve, and batphoned N3 to finish the coathangering in EUTZ.

We showed up with five fleets -- over 400 baltecs, 100+ archons, a 70man FYF gang, and a bombing wing. (And that's just the stuff that was visible on the field.) TiDi happened, and then nothing happened.

Well, we killed a super's worth of T3s. That's not such a big deal anymore though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

thehacker0 posted:

~3 full fleets formed up to defend a LAWN CSAA in delve that N3 was coming to shoot

4 if you count the bombers.
We only got to bomb once :negative:

• Locked thread