Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Byers2142 posted:

Battleship? Yeah, it was pretty brutal.

I think I got there, like, an hour late, and it was going so slowly it didn't even matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to run battleship mafia.

Scum will be one square subs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the results.

WinsonPaine couldn't take the Pain and tapped out on the first stage.

Fast Luck wasn't so lucky, only getting to stage 3.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine also only got up to stage 3, but a good effort.

Ice Phoenix did well, getting to stage 5

Byers got a higher score, but only on stage 4, and we're looking for stage progression. Better luck next time.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
MAJ VS SKINTY COME ON MAJ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Skinty did really well, getting to stage 7.

but it isn't enough

Majuju has decimated this game, getting to stage 14!

MAJUJU! WINS! IMMUNITY!

Congratulations Majuju, you now have a 1 in 6 shot at winning this whole shebang. You're a step closer to the end.

Everyone else, I'll see you at Tribal tomorrow at 6.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Jesus christ Maj, you are a loving machine at this poo poo. Grats!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hi. Grody woke me up to play this game. I'm pretty sure I'm still asleep right now.

If so I am having some weird rear end dreams.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:munch: man Majuju is good at mini games :munch:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Skinty McEdger posted:

Hi. Grody woke me up to play this game. I'm pretty sure I'm still asleep right now.

Are you naked?

Am I naked?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

I have like, NO IDEA how you got to 7 and even less how Maj got to 14 in 15 goddamned minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

I have like, NO IDEA how you got to 7 and even less how Maj got to 14 in 15 goddamned minutes.

i got to 22 in 20 minutes when i did this in my season

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

John Cena posted:

i got to 22 in 20 minutes when i did this in my season

I got fukken stuck on that stupid one with all the T-pieces because it wasn't allowing my super balanced circle. VERY ANGRY.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:woop: Congratulations, Majuju!!! :woop:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Byers2142 posted:

Are you naked?

Am I naked?

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Winson_Paine posted:

Honestly I wasted about 5 minutes on the second level because I couldn't get the balls to stop moving. And in my sleep deprived state the thought "why can't I stop these balls from jiggling" was enough to give me the giggles.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Honestly I wasted about 5 minutes on the second level because I couldn't get the balls to stop moving. And in my sleep deprived state the thought "why can't I stop these balls from jiggling" was enough to give me the giggles.

I wasted even more. The frustrating thing was, I HAD the configuration for a good while, but I guess I wasn't click-dragging precisely enough.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I wasted even more. The frustrating thing was, I HAD the configuration for a good while, but I guess I wasn't click-dragging precisely enough.

I realised in the end I was putting the L block in the wrong way, but seriously I was starting to hate that "your structure is not stable message"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I realised in the end I was putting the L block in the wrong way, but seriously I was starting to hate that "your structure is not stable message"

Right? And then you nail it and instaBOOM next stage!

wtf, game

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I also wasted like a minute at the start because I didn't realise the circle wasn't part of the background.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I also wasted like a minute at the start because I didn't realise the circle wasn't part of the background.

This was me for five minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

You weren't alone.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

You weren't alone.

Human Web Gem (7:31:33 PM): this game makes no sense
Human Web Gem (7:31:39 PM): I don't know what it wants me to do
g rody (7:31:51 PM): rearrange the shapes and get them to stay in perfect balance
Human Web Gem (7:32:05 PM): what the gently caress is perfect balance
Human Web Gem (7:32:14 PM): they are not moving but my counter keeps moving down
g rody (7:32:33 PM): are you on a phone
Human Web Gem (7:32:35 PM): no
g rody (7:32:43 PM): is your flash version correct
Human Web Gem (7:32:48 PM): oh I see
Human Web Gem (7:33:01 PM): that circle piece that looks like it's in the background is actually a piece
Human Web Gem (7:33:07 PM): thanks for the clear instrictions game

Fuckin :argh:

I think I literally lost five minutes to that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had the exact same problem the first time I tried it.

But man, even with no time limit I couldn't get past level 5 before I ragequit.

That's crazy, Majuju.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

You know it's pretty cool that even at this stage, where none of us really completely trust any of the other players left in the game, that we can all come together to go both "gently caress that game" and "jesus christ Majuju."

It's a testament to the human spirit.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

John Cena posted:

Majuju has decimated this game, getting to stage 14!

MAJUJU! WINS! IMMUNITY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 11

Bundlepile Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. We're now merged, and Tribal Council goes from being bad for the tribe, to now bad for you on an individual basis now that the game has come down to an every man for themselves type game.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (12:00 AM Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Majuju, what's more important: playing to win or playing loyal?

IceP, Winson, if you were to make a move against one of your fellow Durfs tonight, which one would it be and why?

Byers, Propaganda Machine, this is a game where trust is everything. How much CAN you trust each other when only one person gets to win?

Fast Luck, skinty, the two of you seem to remain the outsiders. What path do you think can lead you to the FTC?

To everyone, in MSPaint draw what your face looked like trying to complete that challenge.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Yeah whatever...

Viewers, Durf, goons of all shapes and sizes. Indulge me if you will for a moment.

I come here today to end this thread, not to celebrate what has come before, but to mark it's ending. For when this post is over and the words have been read, I fear it is time for you to close the window and unbookmark it, to let it fade gently into the distance. And I come to you today to tell you that I must apologise.

For I couldn't save it. Though I tried.

They say the evil that men do lives long on after they are gone, that legends spread of the things that have come to pass. And I suspect that in the months to come people will look back upon this thread and see all the evil that was done, all the note worthy moments and smile with fondness. For there is much to be looked back upon.

I speak of the fall of Chili, stabbed in the back and blindsided by those who he thought were friends. Of the end of YPM, out foxed and out thought by the cunningness of Byers. I speak of the betrayal of Andy by the mod Winson. Of Winsons second betrayal, spurned as he was by suspicion that he was being played wrong. I speak of the death of Winds, and the night when for hours nothing passed quietly.

I speak of the legacy of Asiina, the game of battle ships with no end and subs shaped like single squares. I speak of the fever dreams of Grody-known-as-Cena that took shape in the form of a game of counting where numbers paid no meaning and a bundle and a pile could easily be confused.

There is much to look back on. Much to reflect upon.

And I apologise for I was not able to save it.

Close the thread after this post, for this is where the game ends. What will come to pass now is simple and to the point. A succession of events to the inevitable win by Ice. This is where the game ends.

And I apologise for I was not able to save it. Perhaps I should've tried harder.

Salt the earth. End the thread. For the gold that could be found within it ends with this post. This is where this story ends, where the thread begins to die. And it is not with bitterness that I type this, but with sadness.

For all the things that happened, all the betrayals and backstabs, all the games played. All the movements that took place. In the end none of it really matters. For what follows is the damp follow through of the wet fart that is the end of this game.

I apologise to you dear reader, for no game can be played when those players in it decide they no longer want to play. No spark of life can be given when all drama is soaked out of it.

This is where the game ends. This is where it dies. Killed not in anger. But in truth by kindness.

Majuju is an honourable man. I will hear no different. That he has killed this game for the sake of his own sensibilities is a noble thing. I respect that he has handed the game to Ice. Respect that when it comes down to it, he chose his own desire to not want to play to be greater than that of those who still wanted to. And I respect him for that.

It takes a lot to say "I have had enough" and to be willing to walk away, ball in hand and say, Ice this one is yours. To be king maker sometimes is greater than being King. It takes less pressure. And I respect anyone who knows themselves.

For in truth this is the better way for him. He gets to choose when he goes out, not being paranoid of the betrayal he knows that inevitably will follow if he continued to play the game. It is a noble thing to be able to know that at some point those people you called friends would stab you in the side for you were too good, and so be able to walk away instead at 5.

Thank you Majuju. Not just for making this decision and handing the crown to your friend. But for the freedom you have given to the judges, who now no longer need to follow this thread. Gone is the need for them to rub shoulders with each other in a sweaty google doc, gone is the need for them to have to spend time trying to make nice with people who betrayed them and who themselves they betrayed. By killing this game you have done them a great kindness.

And here the game ends. Salt the earth for nothing that follows this will really matter. It will just be the echoes of greatness.

For here ends the game.

And I apologise to you. For I was not able to save it.

Oh there will be posts made from this point on. Words typed upon the screen, and challenges made from time to time. And there will be tribal councils that take place every now and again.

Let me save you the time though, my last gift to you.

First I fall, and I know this is not unexpected for I have failed you the viewer, for I failed to save the thread.

Next falls Fast Luck, the last of the Hurfs, voted 5-1, unless he falls upon his sword and makes it 6-0. It's a noble tactic and one that a game as noble as this deserves.

After him falls Majuju, his sacrifice for the sake of the Durfs bringing with it unity, and sparing him ever having to make a vote against one of them. 5-0.

And then in his wake, with himself now absolved from the playing, it becomes a case of who votes for who. I suspect at this point Byers falls for who wants him to continue to stand, the last risk, the last real player in the game.

And then there are three. And then Ice does win. For he has not betrayed nor alienated nor done any such thing as to alienate any more than perhaps Dhaes.

And that is how the game comes to pass. No drama. No intrigue. Just posts in a forum.

And I'm sorry to you fair viewer for suggesting that there could be anything different, for bringing you entertainment.

Close the thread. Remove the bookmark. For this is where the game ends. And for that I apologise. For I was not able to save it.

Not from the wants of honourable and honest men.

For this is how it plays out. Just ask Majuju. For he wouldn't lie to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59smIvEZ8hM

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

tl;dr

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

I won or something

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

heh.

Seriously Winson. No hard feelings. I think your fliping was well played.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

John Cena posted:

To everyone, in MSPaint draw what your face looked like trying to complete that challenge.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

IceP, Winson, if you were to make a move against one of your fellow Durfs tonight, which one would it be and why?

Betraying one durf is, at this point, would be betraying them all. Including myself. I am enjoying the respite from bickering and bullshit. We can sort that out later. This is pleasant. That isn't really gamesmanship or anything or trying to spin your question, it is more this game is loving fatiguing and having a couple days off from the GRRR and ARRR of plotting or responding to paranoid PMs is nice.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
:ghost:
My quote button is broken or something
:ghost:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

John Cena posted:

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Byers, Propaganda Machine, this is a game where trust is everything. How much CAN you trust each other when only one person gets to win?

Not going to lie, there's been heavy doses of paranoia running around recently. We were, no joke, very close to having this vote be an intrigue showdown between me and PMach. Votes were being shopped for on both sides and everything. But now? It's not going to happen, at least not from my side. There's a possibility that PMach's been able to play me completely, and if so well done to her, but as of right now I'm in a position of needing to trust.

quote:

There's not enough time in this tribal to MSPaint an appropriate number of big black dildos on my face to illustrate this properly.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

Winson_Paine fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 13, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck, skinty, the two of you seem to remain the outsiders. What path do you think can lead you to the FTC?
Well, for that to happen, the game needs to be played. I hope the Durfs will read this post and actually think about it...

First, I don't mean to out anyone's voting plans, so I'll be as general as I can with the opening, but the fact is Byers has played a good game, and as a result, people won't want to be next to him at the end, and as a result, there's gonna be talk about moves against him and countermoves by him. Right?

That's just the game. That's how it works. Do you think by forcing an unnatural peace you're being neutral? That's not the case. That just means instead of something happening at 7, or at 5, there's going to be a situation at 4 where Byers probably has to win immunity to stay in the game, and you've personally put him into that position.

What's more, obviously Skinty and myself are not nasty people. We're just people that happened to start on a different tribe than you. You could accept that we're part of the game and not bogeyman you have to hold off at all costs. Of course, I can understand deciding we're a threat to your gameplan, and uniting behind the Durf banner for that purpose, but Majuju has specifically volunteered to leave the game at 5 after we're gone in order to keep the Durf gang together.

I repeat, Majuju has volunteered to quit. That's not cool. Oh, and he'll only quit after me and Skinty are gone. It's like he's a Survivor suicide bomber. Look, if the game's not for you, just take off the immunity necklace and have us vote you out now, because Skinty and I actually want to play. Why do you care if Durfs are targeting one another if you're not even interested in continuing playing? It has to happen at some point. Why are you offering to be voted out, but only if two random people who've done nothing to you go first? Because we started on different tribes?

You can quit now. That goes for anyone that doesn't want to play. Winson? Ice? If you sincerely want to shut the game down, I'd sincerely appreciate it if you just leave the game instead. Not only will Skinty and I thank you, but so will the viewers and the mods and everyone else, because the path that you're currently putting this game on is going to turn a wild and exciting season into the most anticlimactic SA Survivor of all time. It's not gonna be remembered fondly. I mean it certainly works well for some people but it's a cruddy thing to do.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Wow, you must really hate me!

Put yourself in our shoes, though. Say De had gone on that immunity sweep, and say they had miraculously survived the tribal swap, something I was not expecting to happen for us.

I don't know why you betrayed Chili. I'm guessing Andy had spoken to you and Windy or something. But listen: if you didn't want such a "boring" finish to the game, then why did you save Andy and, by extension, Durf as a whole?

Byers and I were making GBS threads our pants that night, expecting Andy to fall, knowing that there was precisely nothing either of us could do to prevent it.

But no, Skinty. You and your good friend Windshipper did that for us.

I guess I have to thank you for that, and you and Windy have been salting earth up for a full week now.

But don't you DARE close that window and unbookmark the thread that you had such a significant hand at causing. YOU could have changed the direction of the entire game, at that early stage. YOU could have booted Andy and kept Chili. Nobody knows how the next challenge would have gone, but you MAY even have been able to boot Majuju and Ice.

So, sure. Hate the everloving piss out of me for failing miserably at damage control. Pretend like you know what's gone on out of view.

But, at least that post was entertaining.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Fast Luck posted:

You can quit now. That goes for anyone that doesn't want to play. Winson? Ice? If you sincerely want to shut the game down, I'd sincerely appreciate it if you just leave the game instead. Not only will Skinty and I thank you, but so will the viewers and the mods and everyone else, because the path that you're currently putting this game on is going to turn a wild and exciting season into the most anticlimactic SA Survivor of all time. It's not gonna be remembered fondly. I mean it certainly works for some people but it's a cruddy thing to do.

What, and give up show business?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Pleading to me to JUST QUIT is the weirdest of all possible ploys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Prop. I mean this sincerely.

I don't hate you at all. I have no idea why you think any of that was anything to do with you.

Majuju outplayed me. And he did it well. I honestly don't know how you could read that and think I was saying anything about you.

• Locked thread