Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm still surprised that Araki never named a stand after a Bowie song until SBR. I mean sure it's the best stand in SBR, but he coulda named some people the Bewlay brothers or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Beef Waifu posted:

I wonder what the more info could be aside from more manga news?

David Lynch adapting Part 4 into a TV series, featuring Kyle MacLachlan as Jotaro, Peter Dinklage as Koichi and Danny DeVito as Shigechi.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Reading an English release of Battle Tendency is something I gave up on when Part 3 was a bust for Viz. Can't believe this poo poo might finally happen. Maybe it will shake off Araki's bad run in NA that started about 25 years ago when Baoh was released as a monthly comic and flopped. 3rd time's a charm and that.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 11, 2014

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
This music video feels very very very Araki/Jojo-ish, so I wanted to share. (Crosspost from the animation thread.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB7R0ZY9w94

I would love for Araki to actually collaborate with some western music artists on a music video in the future - basically be a vignetted Jojo story in live-action.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Auuuuuuuuuuugh is the new Jojolion up yeeeeeet? Summer is hot and it feels like I've been waiting foreeevvveeeeeeeeeer. Uuuuuuuuungh.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

DicktheCat posted:

Auuuuuuuuuuugh is the new Jojolion up yeeeeeet? Summer is hot and it feels like I've been waiting foreeevvveeeeeeeeeer. Uuuuuuuuungh.

Comes out next week or so.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Jojolion is published in Ultra Jump which comes out monthly on the 19th. Depending on when scans come in the translation is usually somewhere around the 20th to the 25th.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Just started reading. I can't wait for the laughs to begin, with Jojo's life being completely ruined by this awful rear end in a top hat Dio and now his dog being incinerated...ha ha ha...:smithicide:

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 13, 2014

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Just started reading. I can't wait for the laughs to begin, with Jojo's life being completely ruined by this awful rear end in a top hat Dio and now his dog being incinerated...ha ha ha...:smithicide:

The laughs come in when you realize it's a horror manga except all the protagonists are equally as unhinged as the antagonists.

Also at Part 2.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've made it to the Steel Ball Run and I honestly think it is my favorite chapter so far. Johnny Joestar and Gyro Zeppeli are so great.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Up to this part of stone ocean and what the gently caress.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can't wait to see how they're going to animate that crap.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Now it makes even less sense. How the gently caress did that dog climb the wall.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Heavy Weather and Bohemian Rhapsody are easily the craziest things I've ever seen in JJBA.

And that's saying something.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope they replace Pinocchio by Baoh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pinocchio isn't owned by Disney, you know.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
:doh: You're right.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

chaos rhames posted:

Up to this part of stone ocean and what the gently caress.

Even the author is throwing up his hands and going "I dunno poo poo's happening just roll with it."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What would be a good ending theme for Stone Ocean's anime? Papa was a Rolling Stone?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just go with What a Wonderful World and leave it at that. That song is owned by ABC though, so eh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just loving use Stairway for the second half. It's got a good intro to transition into the credits like Roundabout.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Jailhouse Rock.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I won't say that part one isn't really JoJo, but I don't think the entire thing gets JoJo as gently caress until Joseph tries to infiltrate a secret Nazi base in Battle Tendency. It's the point you realize you are dealing with a crazy person in the most awesome way possible. That that was actually a plan he thought might have worked.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Boogaleeboo posted:

That that was actually a plan he thought might have worked.
That it didn't was a great blow to his confidence.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Joseph's just not the woman he thought he was.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What would be a good ending theme for Stone Ocean's anime? Papa was a Rolling Stone?

I think Renegade by Styx would work pretty well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Father of Mine by Everclear :coal:

Beef Waifu posted:

Joseph's just not the woman he thought he was.

My favorite part is that Joseph could have easily gotten in any other way he wanted to, those guys were never a threat, but he still went the tequila dress route.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Once you realize Joseph is literally Buff Bugs Bunny, unfortunate racism against the Japanese and all, everything becomes clear.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

Once you realize Joseph is literally Buff Bugs Bunny, unfortunate racism against the Japanese and all, everything becomes clear.

That actually DOES make everything become clear. Especially since Bugs had a number of girlfriends. :v:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
This video listing a bunch of references in the Stardust opening is pretty cool, shame about the quality though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okay most important jojo question of all time: Why didn't Kakoyin just run over hol horse with that truck?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hol Horse was not the first thing on his mind.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Okay most important jojo question of all time: Why didn't Kakoyin just run over hol horse with that truck?

Wouldn't be sporting.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Hol Horse was not the first thing on his mind.

He was however right in front of him.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm still waiting for a chapter of the new universe JoJo's to end with a bladed hat flying in from no where thus introducing us to new Speedwagon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

He was however right in front of him.

Obviously not otherwise he'd have been hit by the truck.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hitting him could have damaged the truck, or at least slowed it down a lot, and escaping was priority one, two, and three.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not to mention that the Emperor was the least dangerous Stand of the two.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Man, Joseph gets constantly hosed with by enemy stand users with Empress, Lovers, and Bast. Then again, Polnareff has to face toilets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You'd think more of Dio's Stand users would target Joseph considering how much Dio is worried about the Joestars.

• Locked thread