Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There's a jury doc I believe - in the show when people get voted out they go to "Ponderosa" to chill. Basically just a lovely production built spa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

In my experience trusting you doesn't work out that well for anyone involved.

Hi Winds buddy. See you soon.

I'll have my column in pink please.

Well, forgive me if it wasn't also just as difficult to trust a dude who had been trolling me up until less than 24 hours before council, at which point he started campaigning. I'm sorry that I had zero reason to trust either of you at that point, and had to play cautiously. I was pretty crestfallen when, as it turns out, you two came through on that. That sucked.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, you know, if you hadn't been so consistently straightforward in not trusting me, maybe I would have trusted you with something.

Actually I will tell you the one thing you did all game that made me think maybe this person isn't that cool.

It's when you went into the mafia general thread and taunted YPM who wasn't even in the game any more. So yeah I thought that was kind of lovely.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Asiina posted:

There is a Ponderosa, just like real Survivor.

YOU GUYS GET UNLIMITED SALAD BAR AND lovely STEAKS?

Holy poo poo

Voting me off now, gonna chow down

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Actually I will tell you the one thing you did all game that made me think maybe this person isn't that cool.

It's when you went into the mafia general thread and taunted YPM who wasn't even in the game any more. So yeah I thought that was kind of lovely.

I'll take that. That's fair.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

I wondered what that was about in Shipper's rantings, but I sort of dismissed it with all the general bluster in those deals.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

YOU GUYS GET UNLIMITED SALAD BAR AND lovely STEAKS?

Holy poo poo

Voting me off now, gonna chow down

We also weigh you as soon as you're voted out and post it in the Vista.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

I wondered what that was about in Shipper's rantings, but I sort of dismissed it with all the general bluster in those deals.

No, this is something I will totally take the heat for. I'm very easily trollable, so even after we'd gotten him out, it had left a very bitter taste in my mouth that really shouldn't have been there. He never talked in Durfdoc, so as far as I could see, he was just kind of mean-spirited. It was very not-cool of me.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'll take that. That's fair.

Beyond that I didn't have anything at all against you. I confess I didn't trust you, but that was for the same reason that you didn't trust me. And then after the Dhaes vote I wasn't about to trust easily again.

But I worked with lots of people I didn't trust in the game. It was literally part of the game to distrust people.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

John Cena posted:

Majuju, what's more important: playing to win or playing loyal?

Realtalk: playing loyal is playing to win.

Nothing is accomplished by endlessly backstabbing one another. You create a bunch of stress all around: nobody trusts anyone, nobody works together, and it's a real un-chill environment for everyone involved - and for what? You get turned on in the next vote and then you're out? Being able to trust someone in this game - really trust them - is worth its weight in Amazon gift cards.

It's going to make me so glad to see three people who I trust and care about make it to the final stage of the game. Three people who have stood together because they realized that working with one another is better than panicked PMs and histrionic tribal council answers. I don't care about the grand prize: I've already won.

I'm not "quitting" the game, I'm making a play with my own inevitable demise. It was almost certain to happen, so why not use it as a chance to further my goals in this game, and to see the people I want to make it to the end, make it there?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's... something.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Majuju posted:

It's going to make me so glad to see three people who I trust and care about make it to the final stage of the game. Three people who have stood together because they realized that working with one another is better than panicked PMs and histrionic tribal council answers. I don't care about the grand prize: I've already won.

I respect this. I do.

I still think you've absolutely murdered the interest of a lot of the people who were reading this thread, and killed a lot of the drama of the game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If I have, in fact, already lost, I would be most happy to lose next to Majuju.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am being straight up and sincere in saying this. But in this situation, where you have 5 of you left who all trust and want the best for each other, why not just play it straight now. No backroom bargaining or whatever, and just let the challenges decide who falls where.

Because right now at 4 you're still going to have the backstab, so why not go the whole hog and commit to playing the game out and give everyone a shot at the prize.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Cena I am just gonna send you a vote, us arguing is fun and all but like, it has been and hour and a half and I got stuff to do.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Winson_Paine posted:

Cena I am just gonna send you a vote, us arguing is fun and all but like, it has been and hour and a half and I got stuff to do.

You guys can keep arguing or whatever, I just gotta go

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

I am being straight up and sincere in saying this. But in this situation, where you have 5 of you left who all trust and want the best for each other, why not just play it straight now. No backroom bargaining or whatever, and just let the challenges decide who falls where.

Because right now at 4 you're still going to have the backstab, so why not go the whole hog and commit to playing the game out and give everyone a shot at the prize.

There are people who have followed this game, who have rooted for and against you, and who have spent time invested in how it plays out. Why not between the 5 of you at least give them something to remain invested in, rather than end everything on the negociations that took place in a google doc.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

There are still like ten ways this game can play out, you realize

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Majuju posted:

There are still like ten ways this game can play out, you realize

There really isn't.

The one fly in the ointment now is Fast Luck going on a immunity spree. But I think the reason you've voted me out tonight is because of the two of us he's the one least likely to do this.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

At this point I'm not playing for myself. I'm literally playing for the sake of entrainment for those watching it, for those who put the time into running it and for the people who played the game to this point.

Don't let the game end with a damp squib. You guys won. Congratulations. Now give the fans something to remember you all by that isn't "they won and then stopped playing."

You write your own legacy here. Make it a good one. And this series not be the one that was really good and then stopped.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jesus christ you guys. I work some overtime, get some dinner and come home to no internet and fix it and come back to this?

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 11

IceP, Winson, if you were to make a move against one of your fellow Durfs tonight, which one would it be and why?

To everyone, in MSPaint draw what your face looked like trying to complete that challenge.

Well since we're in a fantasy world I guess Majuju because I'm taking his immunity away in your imagination land.

Skinty and everyone else there's way too much for me to parse to make any sort of formal response to all this but

Skinty McEdger posted:

But I think the reason you've voted me out tonight is because of the two of us he's the one least likely to do this.

Yeah pretty much.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Ice what did you have for dinner

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Majuju posted:

Ice what did you have for dinner

Indian food om nom nom. Chicken Makhani and Garlic Naan.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The five Durfs on the jury would not vote for the singular Durf who betrayed them all. I can virtually guarantee that.
I think you guys have repeated this enough times that it may actually have become true, but there's no reason it had to be. How many people did Tony Vlachos personally betray and vote out of the game, and how many of those people ended up voting for him to win? What if Durf had already broken down first before someone picked up me and/or Skinty to save themselves and get to the end? What if someone just played an outright great game on the way to bringing one of us to the end? There's no reason the people on the jury would be literally unable recognize that or reward it, and there's nothing that would force them to punish that person. In this very game, I still maintain that Winson could have been a strong player with a good story and a strong chance at final tribal if he'd not flipped his flop. Y'all guys obviously wanted to keep each other loyal for your own self-interests, but in doing so you've repeated this line so many times it's basically become a cult mantra. Case in point:

Majuju posted:

I'm not "quitting" the game, I'm making a play with my own inevitable demise. It was almost certain to happen, so why not use it as a chance to further my goals in this game, and to see the people I want to make it to the end, make it there?
When you have someone laying down their own life in the game, making that sacrifice, you've gone way beyond the Cult of Boston Rob to something entirely unheard of. It's just weird. Majuju, I am not playing this game to backstab people, betray them, or hurt them. I've talked at length how I do not intend to do that sort of thing, and I've raised eyebrows at things like Rarity voting out Asiina in the Bad Brother game. There are plenty of lines I won't cross. But I still want to win. If you don't want to win, you have no place in this game, bottom line. You don't belong here. It's genuinely sweet that you want to be friends with everyone, but you know what? I don't think there was ever any true bad blood between Byers and Propaganda Machine. They can correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume they both fully understood that if the other was operating against them, that it was for rational, understandable reasons. I don't think this artificial peace you've brokered is going to change their post-game relationship in the slightest. There was no point to your sacrifice. You may be doing it for all the Durfs, but I still haven't seen you recognize that in doing so you've kneecapped Byers. People are afraid to face him at the end, and you've removed his ability to defend himself with this move.

Also: you absolutely are quitting this game. At least be honest enough to admit that. We're talking you being set to get to the final five here guaranteed, and you're gonna get that far and then declare your exit "inevitable"? With all the ways it could play out from there? With all the immunities you've won so far? Ever since Winson scorned my alliance, I've been a dead man walking, but have I decided to just give up? No, I've been spitballing batshit ideas to Skinty each night, trying to find a way to make it one tribal further. You're not in the desperate position I've been in, and you aren't going to be, and you're stepping aside -- quitting.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

John Cena posted:

To everyone, in MSPaint draw what your face looked like trying to complete that challenge.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize. Out of thread communication during Tribal Council isn't allowed. Majuju has individual Immunity, you keepin it?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 14, 2014

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I'm keeping the immunity!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Okay, time to get to the vote then.

One vote for McEdger

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes for McEdger

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eleventh person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB, and the sixth member of our Jury...

Come bring your torch over.

McEdger, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

man I got a weak heart why you gotta do this

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Gotta respect a man who votes for himself twice in a row. :golfclap:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Whether or not we saw eye to eye, it was a pleasure playing with everyone, even the really really irritating folk.

To the people who read this thread, I hoped I entertained you along the way. It doesn't get said enough, but those occasional spectator posts actually genuinely made me appreciate that there were people following this. Thanks for doing that.

Peace.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gotta respect a man who votes for himself twice in a row. :golfclap:
I believe I voted against myself this tribal but my vote wasn't read.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Fast Luck posted:

I believe I voted against myself this tribal but my vote wasn't read.

Didn't y'all just get all cranky about that sort of thing? Good gravy man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hey now you know I'm not quitting this thing.

• Locked thread