Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

RandomFerret posted:

Pinball machines have sensors that detect if you're trying to angle the machine one way or the other to get the ball to go where you want. Dude straight up moved the entire table under the ball instead without tilting it.

He triggered the tilt sensor, but some machines give you a little bit of leeway in that you can trigger the sensor a few times within a certain time period, which is why "DANGER" flashes as a warning on the dot matrix in the top of the GIF. He gave it a good hard shove, but as long as he didn't shove it again and again in quick succession the machine will not penalize him.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Alien 3

Another movie where its essential to seek out the longer version.

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Jun 13, 2014

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

Alien 3 Another movie where its essential to seek out the longer version.

Such an underrated movie. Abloo bloo its not Aliens 3: Alien Harder

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dud root posted:

Such an underrated movie. Abloo bloo its not Aliens 3: Alien Harder

My kid self hated that it wasn't Aliens 2, but yeah it's a great movie.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Robert Denby posted:

Kingdom of Heaven
Watch the director’s cut.

I am normally dubious of the marketed "Director's Cut" for films, but I want to reiterate that this is no joke. This was an amazing film that got turned into generic nothing when it hit theaters.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

The Pilot

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Jun 14, 2014

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

You're doing the lord's work here, don't stop *tongues ear repeatedly*

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Chard posted:

You're doing the lord's work here, don't stop *tongues ear repeatedly*

I'm gonna shrink down the next batch.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

My mind was blown when I saw this as a kid (11 or so) back segments aired on Liquid Television. I simply couldn't get enough of it. Owing to 90's cynicism and irony, the protagonist (Aeon) is the world's most capable yet unluckiest assassin (she dies every time - at least before the segments became a full series).

Creepshow

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Ragequit posted:

Also some people think you need to be delicate with an egg, but if you try to crush one in your palm without using a finger to poke it, it's drat near impossible.

Not sure if this true or an excellent troll.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Ghostpilot posted:

My mind was blown when I saw this as a kid (11 or so) back segments aired on Liquid Television. I simply couldn't get enough of it. Owing to 90's cynicism and irony, the protagonist (Aeon) is the world's most capable yet unluckiest assassin (she dies every time - at least before the segments became a full series).

That and the Maxx were good but do you remember the awful parts of liquid television?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At first I thought these were vacuum cleaners.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Krinkle posted:

That and the Maxx were good but do you remember the awful parts of liquid television?

The Head owned. :colbert:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
What's the chances of any Dark City gifs popping up? That's another movie that should be watched as the Director's Cut.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Krinkle posted:

Oh, you mean most of it? I most certainly do! That's the Head, which I believe was made into a short series. Aeon Flux aside, the other segment that stuck with me was the Running Man, which absolutely blew away everything else that had ever been shown on Liquid Television in terms of production value. Come to think of it, that may have been the last episode of the series.

Here's another show you may have forgotten about that aired around the same time, the Idiot Box hosted by Bill & Ted's Alex Winter. Here's my favorite bit from the show, drat These Eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkFctXIXK8&t=114s

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Jun 14, 2014

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Ghostpilot posted:

Oh, you mean most of it? I most certainly do! That's the Head, which I believe was made into a short series. Aeon Flux aside, the other segment that stuck with me was the Running Man, which absolutely blew away everything else that had ever been shown on Liquid Television in terms of production value. Come to think of it, that may have been the last episode of the series.

Here's another show you may have forgotten about that aired around the same time, the Idiot Box hosted by Bill & Ted's Alex Winter. Here's my favorite bit from the show, drat These Eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKkFctXIXK8&t=114s

Also whatever this was. This show just had dumb looking kids looking at everything with their mouths agape. I didn't get it. They were in a radiohead music video for some reason?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnfXvPBV1dA

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You really need to watch this with sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiyKVWqxXWM

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Slanderer posted:

You really need to watch this with sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiyKVWqxXWM

It's like he's playing a reverse trumpet.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

The Head owned. :colbert:

Jim, we must find the orb!

Button Mashing
Aug 9, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tasoth posted:

What's the chances of any Dark City gifs popping up? That's another movie that should be watched as the Director's Cut.

Truth.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

univbee posted:

While I'm not specifically familiar with the rules I think there could be a rule that anything which doesn't set off the sensor is fair game for tournament play.

I think as long as the ball wasn't already rolling towards the drain (like down the outside lanes or past the flippers in the middle), you can do whatever you want to keep the ball in play as long as you don't get a tilt. But if the ball was draining down an outlane, or had passed the flippers, then you'd get penalized or disqualified.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ghostpilot posted:

Creepshow

I love Creepshow. Such a bad/good/bad movie. It's SHOWTIME

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You sure that's not a photoshop and this is the original?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

End Sinister

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 09:16 on Jun 14, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
In the World Cup yesterday, Spain the dominant-yet-boring current World Champions went up against the good but not great Netherlands. The Dutch have a few good players but have been criticised for not having enough depth outside of those few players.

Spain 1 - 5 Netherlands

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Steve Holt! posted:

Not sure if this true or an excellent troll.

If you close your hand around an egg but don't let any of your fingertips touch the egg, so it's literally just palm and the flats of your fingers, then try to crush it like that without bringing your fingertips into your palm, they are insanely loving hard to actually crack

A friend told me and I said prove it and he did, then I tried it and sure enough it was like trying to crush a small ball of concrete

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Balobam posted:

If you close your hand around an egg but don't let any of your fingertips touch the egg, so it's literally just palm and the flats of your fingers, then try to crush it like that without bringing your fingertips into your palm, they are insanely loving hard to actually crack

A friend told me and I said prove it and he did, then I tried it and sure enough it was like trying to crush a small ball of concrete

My favorite part about physics class was when we had to design a container to protect an egg from a drop out a window and we all made huge bulky styrofoam and parachute abortions and one girl just snipped an egg carton to be single serving sized and held it closed with a rubber band and it worked.

They design egg cartons to keep eggs from breaking. Eggs have evolved to not break except from a beak outwards when it's ready to hatch. We all over-thought it.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

He was basically saying don't be a dumbass using the hand that's holding the egg. Just use your forearm, you moron. I guess whether that's cheating or not depends on the exact wording of the bet.

This is more or less how you break things using martial arts anyways. Your hands are fragile and composed of lots and lots of tiny little bones that will shatter if you ram them into hard things really fast because they are designed for flexibility and mobility, not strength. The bones of your arms, on the other hand, and especially the bottom of the wrist, are quite strong. It's possible to do some pretty incredible things if you hit with them the right way.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

The right one looks like it would be p good for someone that has hooks for hands. Or non-articulated arms.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it would be useful if you like to shave by putting the razor in a vice and grinding your face up against it

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess it would be useful if you like to shave by putting the razor in a vice and grinding your face up against it

It's most useful for giving the razor company an excuse to double its price and make lots more money from gullible rubes who think it makes a difference.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Deteriorata posted:

It's most useful for giving the razor company an excuse to double its price and make lots more money from gullible rubes who think it makes a difference.

2004: http://www.theonion.com/articles/gently caress-everything-were-doing-five-blades,11056/

...then of course they actually did

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

1976: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75atriple.phtml

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Deteriorata posted:

Which is bizarre of course because they make their money from blades, not razors, and that looks like it takes the same blades as the one on the left.

Bet it takes virtually identical ones with a tiny notch out of them so they don't interchange...

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Pretty much all of Gillette's razerblades can go on any of the handles. Also it costs like 1 dollar more, which is what they did with the power thing too that kinda vibrates or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

• Locked thread