Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jakk
Sep 24, 2006

pseudanonymous posted:

The sleepers drop blue loot which you sell to npcs, and the salvage is still worth something. A full capital escalation pulls in 650-850 million per site, each site can be run 3 times, and you get about +1 site per night in a given hole (on average). So a given c5 will pull in about 20b a week.

Excuse by noobiness, but what is a C5? And how many ships do you need to run a capital escalation for? Will that have to involve capital ships to complete?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Jakk posted:

Excuse by noobiness, but what is a C5? And how many ships do you need to run a capital escalation for? Will that have to involve capital ships to complete?

A c5 is a high-level wormhole. A capital escalation is what happens when you warp capital ships into a wormhole site. They only occur for the first 4 capships to warp into any given site, and are a spawn of 6-8 sleeper battleships(iirc). Generally, they're done by warping a triage archon into the site, warping a web loki into the site, warping a dread into the site, killing the escalation, warping a second dread into the site, killing the escalation, warping a second carrier or third dread into the site, killing the last escalation group, and finally killing the original spawn. If you're going to run the site again the next night, you leave 1 frigate/cruiser alive (which means you need a combat ship to draw aggro while you loot/salvage the site).

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Rapner posted:

What rigs do you need?

Using Large T2 Shield rigs. EM-Thermal, CDFE. I prodded a friend of mine until he threw some isk at me and I was able to replace them. Couple hundred mil isn't much but it was more than I could deal with at the time.

The Locator posted:

If you are really space-poor, ask for help and you should be able to get enough to get on your feet.

I've heard this, both being a pvp noob, and just space poor in general, but its not something I ever want to do. I'll just take my Baltec Mega on more poo poo till it blows up. Do that a few times and I shouldn't have any more problems until it comes time for me to buy my Dread book.

Well then the dread itself. :negative:

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

I'm suddenly much less upset that my DMV wouldn't sell me the 619 VFK license plate.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jakk posted:

Wormhole systems range from C1- C6, in c5-c6s you can warp capital ships in to combat/data/relic sites and get an additional spawn of battleships, worth about 200m isk. A full escalation involves 2 carriers and at least 2 dreads, and a webbing ship (almost always a loki).

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Huge_Midget posted:

What country's women are you currently violating?

Also, welcome back.

Korea

Mexplosivo posted:

I will stay up for you schaden.

Your brother still play at weird hours too?

Probably going to do nightly harpy fleets or something along those lines out of FD-. I'll start importing them if they're not already lying around there.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SV just gets better and better every day. :allears:

edit:

You might want to check out the SV subforum as there's a recent thread about fun T1 fleets people are skilled/would like to fly which might be a nice supplement to Harpyfleets.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
If CCP is gonna let conquerable stations go to poo poo, they really need to allow you to choose models for outposts. When I was flying around highsec, I was shocked at the variety of station models that exist. Certainly beats living out of a bog-standard Minmatar outpost.

Not that it really matters to me, having not been back to Deklein in months.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Ya0i

poo poo, that was easy. Time to move.

Yaoi fangirl death camp.

IsaoHung
Jun 9, 2013

Everything they said is true
I logged in today and realized that I'm currently in Amarr with these awful brave tags on still.

Toaster Bath or Shotgun?

Honestly I just need to get my poo poo together and post more.
Or let my poo poo fall apart and post more. Which ever comes first.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

IsaoHung posted:

Toaster Bath or Shotgun?

You say that like you can't do both at the same time. Just make sure you update your clone first.

IsaoHung
Jun 9, 2013

darth cookie posted:

You say that like you can't do both at the same time. Just make sure you update your clone first.

hang the toaster above the bath and shoot the rope with the shotgun...you're a god damned genius.

And thanks for the clone advice I would have lost large hybrid turret 5 again.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Stations come in tiers? :psyduck:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Unguided posted:

Yaoi fangirl death camp.

Probably shouldn't have "girl" death camps. The game is a huge sausagefest already.

Yaoi fan death camp is fine.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

S-Alpha posted:

That's more amazing than it has any right to be, goddammit Space Violence. Now Theta needs a song too.

Wait, poo poo, it already has one.

I thought this was it http://youtu.be/sor9GzivGbk

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So someone from MoA decided to undock and ruin our purifer bowling we were doing on the 5z undock.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=23976390

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Jakk posted:

So wait, D-scan can pick up cloaked ships?

Just how does one make a lot of money in wormhole space?

B

Apart from what you have already been told, gas mining and processing also makes a pile of ISK. Specially in C5/C6, where you get Instrumental and Vital reservoirs,where you can collect the "three digit" gases (C320 and C540 if my memory doesn't betray me). Those gases can be reacted in POSes to make some of the most expensive T3 building materials, and the reacted stuff is not very bulky (in contrast to the gases themselves).

The main problem is that the gas sites are defended, and the better gas sites are heavily defended. In my times in WH we needed a fleet of 4 RR tengus to clean an Instrumental site. Alternatively, if you are just daytripping you can "ninja" the gas using a venture and being ready to warp off as soon as the sleepers spawn (usually 20-30 minutes after the firts warp in to the site).

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Pomp posted:

Stations come in tiers? :psyduck:

They get upgraded in tiers. https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Outpost#Upgrades

battle
Dec 20, 2013

Amberskin posted:

Apart from what you have already been told, gas mining and processing also makes a pile of ISK. Specially in C5/C6, where you get Instrumental and Vital reservoirs,where you can collect the "three digit" gases (C320 and C540 if my memory doesn't betray me). Those gases can be reacted in POSes to make some of the most expensive T3 building materials, and the reacted stuff is not very bulky (in contrast to the gases themselves).

The main problem is that the gas sites are defended, and the better gas sites are heavily defended. In my times in WH we needed a fleet of 4 RR tengus to clean an Instrumental site. Alternatively, if you are just daytripping you can "ninja" the gas using a venture and being ready to warp off as soon as the sleepers spawn (usually 20-30 minutes after the firts warp in to the site).

The 3 digit sites in C5 can sometimes be rather rare if you stick to your home hole, that i am kinda forced to due to my corps current status in there, we've only recently had some 2 digit sites..

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

asterioth posted:

So someone from MoA decided to undock and ruin our purifer bowling we were doing on the 5z undock.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=23976390

Clearly that will simply be petitioned and reimbursed because of obvious IsBoxer bomber fleet. :v:

IsaoHung
Jun 9, 2013

battle posted:

The 3 digit sites in C5 can sometimes be rather rare if you stick to your home hole, that i am kinda forced to due to my corps current status in there, we've only recently had some 2 digit sites..

Those instrumentals and their c320 are orgasmic, and I hate mining/harvesting.

IsaoHung fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 14, 2014

Mexplosivo
Mar 8, 2007

The monetary system is not ratified by society yet it shapes and dictates our entire existence...

smertrioslol posted:

Your brother still play at weird hours too?

Probably going to do nightly harpy fleets or something along those lines out of FD-. I'll start importing them if they're not already lying around there.

He moved to the UK, so yes to the crazy hours but in UK time. Just take a break from the k-pop scene, start logging on and we'll go from there.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

ullerrm posted:

I'm fond of YA0 Fucks Given.

The thing is, you want a Minmatar outpost for refine, but you want an Amarr outpost for build next door. This limits candidates in Dek to: YA0, JU-, or 85-. YA0 wins based on jump distances for JFs/carriers.

Honestly I suspect a lot of building will happen right in YA0, on the basis of "gently caress hauling." I know that if I'm building hulls for alliance supply, I'm sure as gently caress not going to haul minerals to one of the factories and battleships back. Cruisers and below are another matter.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

The Locator posted:

Clearly that will simply be petitioned and reimbursed because of obvious IsBoxer bomber fleet. :v:

I've been wondering if MoA leadership told them to lie about getting reimbursed for isboxer bomber kills to demoralize us or what is the end game here. This is clearly the high-level meta-gaming that people join Eve for, it's way above my head.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

IsaoHung posted:

Those instrumentals and their c320 are orgasmic, and I hate mining/harvesting.

There was a time you could ninja-harvest a whole C320 cloud, just staying at the very edge of the sleepers aggro trigger. They didn't aggro you unless you came less than 100km close to them, so if you managed to find a spot just inside the harvester range but outside of that 100km sphere it was posible to deplete the whole cloud without triggering aggro. Unfortunately :ccp: "fixed" that.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

mynnna posted:

Honestly I suspect a lot of building will happen right in YA0, on the basis of "gently caress hauling." I know that if I'm building hulls for alliance supply, I'm sure as gently caress not going to haul minerals to one of the factories and battleships back. Cruisers and below are another matter.

Why not pick an Amarr station then so all the building can happen there and the refining elsewhere?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Azuth0667 posted:

Why not pick an Amarr station then so all the building can happen there and the refining elsewhere?

Even with the improvements coming in Crius, the bulk of minerals needed to build things must come from Empire. In order to get them to nullsec, they have to come in compressed ore form. Once the compressed ore is refined at the T3 Minmatar outpost, the best facility for this, they become very cumbersome to move. For things like T1 battleships, this means that it's going to be a significant increase in effort to build them at a T3 Amarr due to all the hauling required. As such, the lazy builder will accept slightly lower margins and build directly in the Minmatar outpost and make money by having a higher volume due to less :effort:.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Do you guys know anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Even with the improvements coming in Crius, the bulk of minerals needed to build things must come from Empire. In order to get them to nullsec, they have to come in compressed ore form. Once the compressed ore is refined at the T3 Minmatar outpost, the best facility for this, they become very cumbersome to move. For things like T1 battleships, this means that it's going to be a significant increase in effort to build them at a T3 Amarr due to all the hauling required. As such, the lazy builder will accept slightly lower margins and build directly in the Minmatar outpost and make money by having a higher volume due to less :effort:.

Ah okay I understand now. If only there were Blood Raider outposts then so we could get the best of both.

Jakk
Sep 24, 2006

Booley posted:

A c5 is a high-level wormhole. A capital escalation is what happens when you warp capital ships into a wormhole site. They only occur for the first 4 capships to warp into any given site, and are a spawn of 6-8 sleeper battleships(iirc). Generally, they're done by warping a triage archon into the site, warping a web loki into the site, warping a dread into the site, killing the escalation, warping a second dread into the site, killing the escalation, warping a second carrier or third dread into the site, killing the last escalation group, and finally killing the original spawn. If you're going to run the site again the next night, you leave 1 frigate/cruiser alive (which means you need a combat ship to draw aggro while you loot/salvage the site).

OK, that sounds hardcore. What if I just want to poke around in my stat cruiser? Can I still make decent ISK with just that?

battle
Dec 20, 2013

Jakk posted:

OK, that sounds hardcore. What if I just want to poke around in my stat cruiser? Can I still make decent ISK with just that?

cruisers would probaly get blown to splinters if targeted by the sleepers

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Jakk posted:

In lower level wormholes, I think you can make OK money. If you warp your strat cruiser into a c5 site without a triage carrier already being there, you will lose it in 30 seconds.

Edit: ask me about losing t3 cruisers in c5 sites. gently caress.

Booley fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 14, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Booley posted:

In lower level wormholes, I think you can make OK money. If you warp your strat cruiser into a c5 site without a triage carrier already being there, you will lose it in 30 seconds.

Yep, C5 and C6 are basically capitals mandatory. (I've heard of people running them with 5-6 guardians and a bunch of abaddons... but why do that, when an archon, two web/TP tech3s, and 2-3 Moros will do it with fewer people in a fifth of the time spent?)

On the other side of the spectrum, a C1 has sites that can be soloed in a Drake; C2 and some C3 sites are soloable in a properly fit Tech3.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jakk posted:

Tengus do well up to c3s alone, and small groups of them do C4s fine. If you're a goon feel free to join holesquad or just join the holesquad channel and ask any questions there.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If only you could put stuff before a station name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkMwnsWdjc

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

If only you could put stuff before a station name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkMwnsWdjc

He looks so defeated in some of those clips.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Jakk posted:

You can run C2/C3 sites with a strategic cruiser (read "tengu"), but take into consideration that sleepers neut like bitches, so you will want to be passively fitted.

Actually, I used to solo C3 anoms in a regen-tanked hurricane when I lived in a C3, but it had a Pulsar so I had bonuses to shield resist and buffer.

(Some WH systems have special astronomic phenomena -called "weather" by the wormholers- that gives bonuses and penalties to some ship characteristics).

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

ullerrm posted:

Yep, C5 and C6 are basically capitals mandatory. (I've heard of people running them with 5-6 guardians and a bunch of abaddons... but why do that, when an archon, two web/TP tech3s, and 2-3 Moros will do it with fewer people in a fifth of the time spent?)

We used to run the anoms in our C5 static using either RR tengu balls, or a fleet of tengus/shield battleships supported by logi (3-4 scimitars were enough). Of course that means no escalations, but running escalations in the static (that is, not in your home system) is a nice way to lose your capitals.

E: sorry for the doublepost.

Jakk
Sep 24, 2006
This all sounds great. How do you tell the strength of a hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Jakk posted:

This all sounds great. How do you tell the strength of a hole?

Poke it and see if it bites off whatever you poked it with :iamafag:

• Locked thread