Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Luckily at first glance it appears that North Carolina and Tennessee are both lovers of freedom :fsmug: Kentucky requires cars to have two but has a last section that says motorcycles only need 1.

http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/Mirror_Laws_by_State_(U.S.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

California law specifically exempts bikes from the left side mirror rule. For motorcycles, you need at least one mirror through which you can see back a certain distance, doesn't matter which side. Like 200 yards. I had to look it up recently when my left mirror fell off somewhere on the interstate at night.

Edit: 200 feet
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26709.htm

Day Man fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 13, 2014

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

I bought a CA 2 stroke plated supermoto.

You are doing the Lord's work (wheelies)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yerok posted:

You are doing the Lord's work (wheelies)
soon! Have to get it NV legal first.

2 mirrors are required in Nevada.

...and a host of other poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Day Man posted:

California law specifically exempts bikes from the left side mirror rule. For motorcycles, you need at least one mirror through which you can see back a certain distance, doesn't matter which side. Like 200 yards. I had to look it up recently when my left mirror fell off somewhere on the interstate at night.

Edit: 200 feet
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26709.htm

Weird. The mechanic I went to said CA required the left mirror only. Well he wasn't a very good mechanic anyway, so I shouldn't be shocked he was wrong.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

soon! Have to get it NV legal first.

2 mirrors are required in Nevada.

...and a host of other poo poo.

Explain to me how this is possible. Is it a dirtbike of some sort with SM suspension transplanted on? What's the gearing like? So many things I don't understand :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Its basically a dirtbike with different wheels. Gearing? eh, I've only had it around the block, seems fine to me. :D

The best part. I can put em on the 450 and take it to the track. Two bikes and I can play legos with about 1/3 of the parts.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Welp. Added another to stable. Bought it off my father who finds it too top-heavy to muscle around any more.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

Its basically a dirtbike with different wheels. Gearing? eh, I've only had it around the block, seems fine to me. :D

The best part. I can put em on the 450 and take it to the track. Two bikes and I can play legos with about 1/3 of the parts.

Nice. So does it have a speedo? Or is that not required?

NeuralSpark posted:

Welp. Added another to stable. Bought it off my father who finds it too top-heavy to muscle around any more.

Also nice. Is the seat factory? It's how I want my toilet to be shaped.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Slavvy posted:

It's how I want my toilet to be shaped.

I'd rather my toilet have, you know, a hole, but it's cool slavv, I ain't kinkshaming

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

there is a lovely bicycle speedo on it now. I'll replace it with an actual motorcycle cluster soon-ish.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Slavvy posted:

Also nice. Is the seat factory? It's how I want my toilet to be shaped.

Looks like an aftermarket seat from Corbin. Flushing toilets were optional on the R1200RT. On the LT you get them standard, including bidet and soap dispenser.

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003
What's the service interval on the bidet? It's hitting more taint than cornhole.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dellikose posted:

What's the service interval on the bidet? It's hitting more taint than cornhole.

2 years / 2500 turds. Could also be a water pressure issue. Touratech has a higher capacity cistern that helps against that, the "Currywürst Cowboy". Full up it can do a triple flush + a thorough rinse. Looks for the rotating jet nozzle as well.

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

The culmination of two years of work, finally on the road. My thread got archived before I finished the project.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dzus posted:

The culmination of two years of work, finally on the road. My thread got archived before I finished the project.

Any more pictures? Whatever it is it looks great.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Dzus posted:

Congratulations! Not many projects like that end up successful!

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Chichevache posted:

Any more pictures? Whatever it is it looks great.

Thank you! Sure do, it's my uncle's old racer, 1984 Honda VF500F Interceptor.

The state I got it in

And what it became.

Patting the gas tank with glee. First time on a bike since the MSF in July of 2012. A little wobbly at first but I eased into it.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Wow that's a gorgeous job! How much did it cost from start to finish if you don't mind me asking?

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

All told it was about $1800, engine was 250 and the parts bike was... 500 I want to say? I got lucky on a lot of parts, just didn't get lucky when it came to putting them on the bike

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

drat, that came up looking nice Dzus. Good work.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Marvellous! Those brakes look pretty powerful, for the time.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

That looks beautiful! What kind of engine's under the hood?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Looks like a mid 80's Honda VF500/750?

The red/white/blue color scheme is one of my favorites.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
So I rallied the gang up for a photo...

I also took the Ninja for a spin and MAN I much prefer my DRZ. The friction zone was waaaaay too small, I like pulling in the clutch halfway on my DRZ and still being able to roll. Also the foot position felt very weird and I couldn't make my mind up whether I should be laying on the tank or sitting up. I liked how the big tank felt though, it felt very secure to squeeze the tank with my legs through curves.

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

Odette posted:

That looks beautiful! What kind of engine's under the hood?

It's a 498cc V4. The carbs require divine intervention to put on but once it gets running, it feels really strong and smooth.

Thank you guys, it feels good to have the hard work out of the way and finally start enjoying it.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Long shot goonhelp request! Wife and I are moving to seattle from Vancouver and EPA import language for vehicles states "unmodified". We don't have stock cans for our Monster 696s anymore and I want to RTS just in case that's a problem. Any west coast goon have a set of stock 696 / 796 cans they'd be willing to part with?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Razzled posted:

So I rallied the gang up for a photo...

I also took the Ninja for a spin and MAN I much prefer my DRZ. The friction zone was waaaaay too small, I like pulling in the clutch halfway on my DRZ and still being able to roll. Also the foot position felt very weird and I couldn't make my mind up whether I should be laying on the tank or sitting up. I liked how the big tank felt though, it felt very secure to squeeze the tank with my legs through curves.

Oh dear.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Slavvy posted:

Oh dear.

When it rains it fuckin pours, my dear Slavvy :getin:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
You might wanna take that picture down before the police figure out the identity of the mailbox gang

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I have to admit, I thought your DRZ would look more beaten up than that, considering.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

sofullofhate posted:

Long shot goonhelp request! Wife and I are moving to seattle from Vancouver and EPA import language for vehicles states "unmodified". We don't have stock cans for our Monster 696s anymore and I want to RTS just in case that's a problem. Any west coast goon have a set of stock 696 / 796 cans they'd be willing to part with?

Doesn't matter, no one's going to know. You'd want to buy them here anyways, so they say 50 state legal, likely. You can find a set on ebay, but you probably won't need them.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Z3n posted:

Doesn't matter, no one's going to know. You'd want to buy them here anyways, so they say 50 state legal, likely. You can find a set on ebay, but you probably won't need them.

Modern Ducatis are actually identical for US / Canadian bikes. Anything California-legal would do too (ex. Termis), but I just want to RTS because stock take-offs ought to be (1) plentiful, (2) cheap.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

sofullofhate posted:

Modern Ducatis are actually identical for US / Canadian bikes. Anything California-legal would do too (ex. Termis), but I just want to RTS because stock take-offs ought to be (1) plentiful, (2) cheap.

Just check US ebay then - shipping is going to be murder to get it to vancouver :) Have fun in seattle, it's a great city.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Dzus posted:

It's a 498cc V4. The carbs require divine intervention to put on but once it gets running, it feels really strong and smooth.

Count your blessings, it's worse getting them into a VF500C.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

Dzus posted:

Gorgeous work restoring that one

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Still trying to work out a way to mount those tires onto my bike

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

*inevitable tractor joke*

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

tarzanspuma posted:

What was your overall opinion of Gabro's chip? Was it one of his off the shelf tunes or something custom?

My bike came with an RSV Titanium EVO chip (which matches the exhaust) and while it runs greats, it's definitely a rich tune and I'm getting only 30mpg on the freeway. Would love to have a bit more range for the longer rides.

I want to say he used an Off the shelf map for my Falco which was stock sans the Streetfighter exhaust with baffles removed.

I found less engine braking, faster warm up (less choke needed), improved low end performance from idle to 5k. No flat spot at 5k, no stumble at 3k. I still feel that with the PC3, the Tuono has some minor low speed fueling issues. It sounds like it is about to stall sometimes if I play with the throttle before taking off from a stoplight.