Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The people who made Cloud To Butt need to make one that automatically substitutes "minimalism" with "lovely".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

They only just made their $20,000 goal thanks to $8,000 of pledges in the final 2 days of the campaign. Hmm.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1561895699/dande-minimalist-wood-wallet/

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They only just made their $20,000 goal thanks to $8,000 of pledges in the final 2 days of the campaign. Hmm.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1561895699/dande-minimalist-wood-wallet/

Cliquestarter.

Probably Momstarter, though.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The people who made Cloud To Butt need to make one that automatically substitutes "minimalism" with "lovely".

After Ron Paul and Bitcoin petered out, "minimalist" became my go-to ragefinder. Like making GBS threads fish in a barrel.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
What the hell are with all the wallets? Do we seriously need 50 lovely wallets that can't actually hold anything? I'm just going to use this lovely strap that will probably fly apart in a week to hold all my stuff together.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Here's how you succeed as a Designer:

1) Find something nobody obsesses about
2) Obsess in the most expensive way you know
3) Judge the world harshly for not obsessing as you obsess.

There, now you've convinced an entire city's worth of insufferable douchebags that everything they know about hand-railing is wrong. "Oh, yours is beveled? Ours is extruded naturally from the ulcerated womb of a Taku-Taku, an endangered jungle shrub that can also fly."

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
solar roadways are the dumbest thing so far

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
has this been posted yet

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

$25 for an entry level sewing project, with bonus hideous clipart.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
8-bit panties are better than 8-bit ties and 8-bit glasses because at least I'll never actually see them.

...drat I think I just owned myself.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

...Super Mariowned.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Bad Munki posted:

...Super Mariowned.

Duh duh duh, duh duh OWNED

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Unguided posted:

$25 for an entry level sewing project, with bonus hideous clipart.

And inevitably ...

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I think they're kinda cute. v:shobon:v But neither am I spending that kind of money on gimmick panties nor is anyone looking at my underwear to laugh at me for poor life choices, soo...

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The free ends of those pixels are going to curve and bunch up. This looks more uncomfortable than Fredericks of Hollywood. We've been wearing lingerie for a thousand years and STILL nerds found a way to botch the whole thing.

. . . That's not surprising, who am I kidding.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
No one that cares enough about 8-bit to wear 8-bit underwear will be in good enough shape to pull it off.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The free ends of those pixels are going to curve and bunch up. This looks more uncomfortable than Fredericks of Hollywood. We've been wearing lingerie for a thousand years and STILL nerds found a way to botch the whole thing.

. . . That's not surprising, who am I kidding.

Nerds have never seen lingerie in person :ssh:

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
I need to get some oral surgery done. I wonder if there's a way to scam people into pay for it kickstart it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bad Sneakers posted:

I need to get some oral surgery done. I wonder if there's a way to scam people into pay for it kickstart it.

There are several sites out there that are just for getting internet people to pay for personal expenses for you. Gofundme is the most reputable.

People just straight up say they want money for themselves for a given purpose, and often they're able to get significant amounts.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
Holy crap I was just kidding but I'm gonna check that out. No dental insurance = bullshit

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah your main thing to keep in mind is that it works better if you have friends and family that are each able to pitch in $20 or something, you can do a gofundme thing, they just pay the money to it using a normal card or whatever, and it simplifies things versus trying to get together some checks or bank transfers or paypal payments.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What if we made 8-bit underwear... MADE OF BACON! There are billions to be made.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

steinrokkan posted:

What if we made 8-bit underwear... MADE OF BACON! There are billions to be made.

Inspired by Metroidvania games, Dark Souls, and Minecraft

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah your main thing to keep in mind is that it works better if you have friends and family that are each able to pitch in $20 or something, you can do a gofundme thing, they just pay the money to it using a normal card or whatever, and it simplifies things versus trying to get together some checks or bank transfers or paypal payments.

Pretty sure my friends and family are tired of me asking for money to fund other people. I need a new pool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

steinrokkan posted:

Can it use the heat of my genitals to charge my iPhone?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Anyone who's anyone cooks their pantybacon on these custom-built single source artisinal European iPhone cables.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

Can it use the heat of my genitals to charge my iPhone?

Yes. And when you panties get hot enough, you can store them in the specialty pair of compartment-shoes provided for a modest fee.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Glue some gears to it and call it steampunk, too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm not sold unless I can stash my cash as well.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It needs Bluetooth connectivity, so I can see panty status from my phone.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I once bought a mouse shaped like this:

just on a whim

it was both impractical and uncomfortable to use.

I can't think of any self-respecting person who would want pointy pixel bits getting bunched up in their crotch

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I'm assuming the final product is just going to be grandma panties with the pixel design overlaid on the appropriate parts.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

ayn rand hand job posted:

I'm not sold unless I can stash my cash as well.

You already can, you don't even need panties for that.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

It needs Bluetooth connectivity, so I can see panty status from my iPhone.

FTFY

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Help a nobody buy a rig for streaming.

For 40 quid, he'll let you be his steam friend!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared: Episodes 3 Through 6 has begin its final push, despite that incident of potentially progress-halting credit card fraud that briefly pushed it past 100%. TomSka has promised to pledge 5000 pounds if it hits 90,000.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

...of SCIENCE! posted:

8-bit panties are better than 8-bit ties and 8-bit glasses because at least I'll never actually see them.

Sorry ...of SCIENCE! but your princess will never let you into her castle

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Noyemi K posted:

Help a nobody buy a rig for streaming.

For 40 quid, he'll let you be his steam friend!

I always find kickstarters like this hilarious - "Give me money to do something I want to do!" and it's nearly always children doing it. This is what jobs are for :rolleyes:

All he plays/streams is Minecraft, Arma3, CS:GO and LoL and because streaming relies on your internet upload speed that entire kickstarter is dumb (not that it wasn't stupid already). Did I mention that he also has a massive 14 subscribers on YouTube and a colossal 31 total views for his TwitchTV stream?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I always find kickstarters like this hilarious - "Give me money to do something I want to do!" and it's nearly always children doing it. This is what jobs are for :rolleyes:

No, that's what Patron and getting popular on Twitch are for. Don't you want to quit your day job because you have to stream 20 hours of Minecraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BiggerJ posted:

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared: Episodes 3 Through 6 has begin its final push, despite that incident of potentially progress-halting credit card fraud that briefly pushed it past 100%. TomSka has promised to pledge 5000 pounds if it hits 90,000.

gently caress they must be feeling tense watching that craaaaaaawl back towards the goal