Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

HaB posted:

Good lord.

That Brunette is Little Miss Snarky McSnarkerton. Is there some story to this? Did the blonde sleep with her husband or what?

Props to the blonde for keeping it professional, though. I would have trouble not snarking back in the same situation.

Carol Erikson has been with the station for at least 15 years now, maybe she has a bit of a reputation for being a diva? I remember when this happened last summer, the station and both anchors were quick to put out there that they were all very good friends and those clips were out of context.

Seems pretty catty to me either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought the brunette was being funny at the beginning, "no monkey business" and "thats bananas" and the weather lady really took her goofing around personally.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

areyoucontagious posted:

At first I thought the Wired article was going to be a positive spin, but it's really more a drama piece about an addict and how he's ruining his life. I thought that quote was fake at first, and now I'm just sad. Dude's buying pinball machines now - do you think he has any real friends?

This quote was even better:

Wired posted:

One day when his ex came over to see the finished project, he showed her that he was sleeping on a convertible sofa bed with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bedspread. “Well, at least I don’t need to worry that this room will ever get another woman wet,” is how he recalls her reaction. (Kooluris’ ex-fiancée declined to participate in this story.)

It's possible to really be into something and still have friends and relationships even if your partner doesn't share your interest - but keeping a Manhattan apartment as a playroom is a bit much. Given how it turned out for him it was a good move since he had a place to live when they broke up.

Not quite sure why he can't get a real bed since he lives there now, though.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Why waste money on a bed, when he could spend it on arcade machines?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

because you can't gently caress in an arcade machine

oh god that's why he's buying pinball tables isn't it

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

because you can't gently caress in an arcade machine

oh god that's why he's buying pinball tables isn't it

*TILT*

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pretty sure Jodie Foster isn't going to show up to his pinball room launch party.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Midjack posted:

Wired posted:

Wired posted:
One day when his ex came over to see the finished project, he showed her that he was sleeping on a convertible sofa bed with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bedspread. “Well, at least I don’t need to worry that this room will ever get another woman wet,” is how he recalls her reaction. (Kooluris’ ex-fiancée declined to participate in this story.)

It's possible to really be into something and still have friends and relationships even if your partner doesn't share your interest - but keeping a Manhattan apartment as a playroom is a bit much. Given how it turned out for him it was a good move since he had a place to live when they broke up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not a picture but a story I touched on in another thread:

I was waiting for someone to come out of a movie theater, parked in the parking lot. The theater's parking lot is dotted with those bits of curbed earth where trees go. I don't know what they are called (I've heard them called Tree Islands, but I dunno). Basically, the ones in the parking lot look like this, if a bit smaller:

(sans tree)

So I'm waiting and I hear a thump and a scraping noise. A middle-age lady evidently didn't see it, and ran over it. The height of the curb was just about equal to the height from the bottom of her car to the ground, and the car gets stuck. She revs her engine a few times, and nothing.

I desperately wanted to take pictures, but a cop stopped by and my friend came out of the theater, so I left. But how do you miss those things?

EDIT: vvv She ran over it head-on in my case. :wtc:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Jun 13, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

MisterBibs posted:

I desperately wanted to take pictures, but a cop stopped by and my friend came out of the theater, so I left. But how do you miss those things?

You'd be surprised just how often they get hit. We had someone back into something similar (Sans tree) in the apartment parking lot a couple of weeks back. It was, obviously, the concrete block's fault.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MisterBibs posted:

EDIT: vvv She ran over it head-on in my case. :wtc:

Yeah, it happens. I took this yesterday. Nothing serious but...how?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Sometimes I see people try to jump those to avoid the actual lot exits and instead go right into the street, different lot, etc.

It rarely works as well as they might imagine it would have. "gently caress, there's my muffler."

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

KoRMaK posted:

I thought the brunette was being funny at the beginning, "no monkey business" and "thats bananas" and the weather lady really took her goofing around personally.

Yeah it was pretty obvious to me they were doing a shtick, and a pretty amusing one at that (for local news/weather at least).

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc5EMEyvFA4 LA Beast has a new video that even he can't muster enthusiasm for, and which proves his fans like seeing him in as much needless pain as possible.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Try parking on-top of a "concrete-piggy":

Edit: Newspaper article only says "odd parking" and that the police had no information regarding an accident.

1-Up has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Jun 13, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I mean I've bumped into the curb at the end of a parking space on occasion but how would you even be going fast enough to get up there? :confused:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Can we assume the front-end damage of the older Audi has something to do with it?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Cakefool posted:

Can we assume the front-end damage of the older Audi has something to do with it?

Probably not. There's no way a car like that could push a van like that on top of that concrete thing and get away with as little damage as it has. I doubt it'd even be possible if it was put in to park.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Requesting a specific Schadenfreude. It was a series of facebook posts that started out all "If you can't drive with your knees then gently caress you!" and then like 2 minutes later all "I totaled my car. My life is ruined"

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Volume posted:

Requesting a specific Schadenfreude. It was a series of facebook posts that started out all "If you can't drive with your knees then gently caress you!" and then like 2 minutes later all "I totaled my car. My life is ruined"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There's a decent amount of schadenfreude going on twitter at the moment, due to the hashtag #endfathersday.

it's a hoax People losin' their poo poo up in heah, up in heah.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

1-Up posted:

Try parking on-top of a "concrete-piggy":

Edit: Newspaper article only says "odd parking" and that the police had no information regarding an accident.

I watched this happen about twenty years ago, but the woman was driving a Corvette. And it wasn't enough that she pulled that off and got stuck, she started freaking out and kept her foot on the gas while shifting back and forth between drive and reverse, burning through her tires and loving up the bottom of her car even more.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Was driving home one evening approaching a bit of road that was a well known speed trap area used by the police. So I make sure I'm hovering below the limit which in turn is pissing off the driver behind me who speeds up to take over and races on down the road. 10 seconds later I drive past him as he's been pulled over by the police at the speed trap.

I drive by howling with laughter.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

areyoucontagious posted:

At first I thought the Wired article was going to be a positive spin, but it's really more a drama piece about an addict and how he's ruining his life. I thought that quote was fake at first, and now I'm just sad. Dude's buying pinball machines now - do you think he has any real friends?

I don't see how he's ruined his life. He was engaged to someone who is clearly a raging casual, now he is not. :colbert:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Midjack posted:

What really makes that weird is he's my age and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were a thing when we both would have been in High School. I remember being kind of proud that there was finally some kid poo poo I didn't know about and didn't care about. So he has nostalgic bed sheets for something he has no business being nostalgic about.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9s4Wh_iH8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6fbGSrdBOM

Have some high stakes poker tears.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

moot the hopple posted:

Have some high stakes poker tears.

Beautiful. This one has no tears, but a guy who misreads the hand as it ends, and starts celebrating before a wonderfully timed "YOU LOST BRO"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8gpFFYb4tg

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46nBzcA8dbQ

Phil Hellmuth gets mad as poo poo when someone beats him who "didn't play right" (ie beats a "pro" poker player with luck)

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
I'm working as a photo editor in a big newspaper. The amount of devastated Spanish fan schadenfreude coming in over the wires is amazing. Page after page of dejected drunk people in stupid hats covered in facepaint.

I love my job.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

bucksmash posted:

Beautiful. This one has no tears, but a guy who misreads the hand as it ends, and starts celebrating before a wonderfully timed "YOU LOST BRO"

Holy poo poo comparing that woman's locked down emotions to the rest of those guys throwing tantrums and acting like babies. I get keeping the poker face going through out the game, but she still showed little emotion revealed her hand. She then gathered up those chips with the enthusiasm if she was packing them away after a for fun match. At the end he asks her a question, was it just luck on her part?

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

occluded posted:

I'm working as a photo editor in a big newspaper. The amount of devastated Spanish fan schadenfreude coming in over the wires is amazing. Page after page of dejected drunk people in stupid hats covered in facepaint.

I love my job.

I request you post your favorite(s)!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

bucksmash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8gpFFYb4tg

Related video:
"If [he] folds this hand I swear to god I will shoot myself in the head head with a bazooka."
"Which is awkward but you've got the arms to do it."
"Phil Hellmuth would have thrown a chair by this time."

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

From last night's Kings' Stanley Cup victory:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Augh, right on the boob. That has gotta hurt.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I'm impressed she made it that far with those heels.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Dead Blue Sky posted:

I'm impressed she made it that far with those heels.

Ya can use spike heels like ice picks.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Arjen Robben's face (back right) sums up my feelings about the Netherlands - Spain match. What an amazing match.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm also wondering when Lou Diamond Phillips became a sports reporter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Peanut President posted:

Phil Hellmuth gets mad as poo poo when someone beats him who "didn't play right" (ie beats a "pro" poker player with luck)

And Tony G loves trolling the poo poo out of him, it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKgR4QJCHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC_S4h0391M

• Locked thread