Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

PaganGoatPants posted:

Just add Assassinate to this and you're good.

I need to find the amp first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
Scruffy's good but I had to go with Zorg for my mouse.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Opioid posted:

For the guy complaining about 240 days to make his armour set... is it BoP? It is an MMO, surely you can take one of the slots recipes and in combination with 4 other armorsmiths make the full set instantly for everyone? You know, the multiplayer part.

Especially if you're in a goon guild. Surely you'll be able to find 4 other guys also wanting the armour set.

Ihki posted:

What do you think this means to a person who doesn't know that?

But yeah, you can only do it yourself, a few hours of farming for the (other) crafting materials and 240 days of BoP daily rewards. You can organize a group of crafters to specialize in different ways, but that's what you need to get your own poo poo done.

I have the full expectation that it's going to change, and likely soon once more people start running the numbers and making a big deal of it, but here's how it works for end-game crafting:

Hit Level 50.
Reach Expert Crafting.
For all but Technologist (NYI), you will then receive a Mail pertaining to "Expert Research" crafting, or, for Architect, 'Master/Grand Master' crafting. For Expert Research, which is the relevant one here, this is where we create the 'Epochos XX1' and the 'Adventus XX2-4' tiers of gear. Ideally the numbers of these crafts are tuned similarly to starting out with Vet Adventures on Epochos, then beginning raiding on Adventus XX4. Adventus XX3 tends to be better for most people, but let's ignore that for now.

So, say you've already done most of the vet Adventures, but didn't get lucky with gear drops. You're getting ready to do the easier dungeons, so you want some Adventus XX2 armour, which would help out pretty similarly, but maybe slightly less so, than having a bunch of Vet Adventure Epics. The process to make Adventus XX2 armour is to first make every single Epochos XX1 piece. To make each Epochos piece, you have to first purchase the schematic using your Crafting Vouchers, which you obtain by doing Crafting Dailies. Overall, the cost for Epochos comes to roughly 2 days' worth of dailies. Secondly, you need to obtain 1 Elder Data Fragment per Epochos piece.

How do you obtain Elder Data Fragments? Every single day, you can do a fetch quest to obtain just one. Additionally, you get a bonus singular Elder Data Fragment upon hitting Level 50. Pre-patch, you had three of these quests, but now it's been reduced to one per day.

This is the problem.

The armours themselves are BoE, so you're absolutely free to make armour for other people - at the cost of only being able to make one per day, now, so it'll still take you about a week to make a full set, regardless of EDF costs. Here's the costs per tier:

Epochos XX1 - 1 EDF
Adventus XX2 - 7 EDF
Adventus XX3 - 10 EDF
Adventus XX4 - 18 EDF

I can't confirm yet whether or not you have to make the Support System/Shield/Implant to unlock the next tier as well as every other piece, but for the full set of XX4 it comes out to around 7 to 8 months. Either way, because you have to make the full set to unlock the next tier, you can't rely on other people for anything because they're just as delayed as you are to the next tier.

Opioid posted:

So per armoursmith there can only be 1 set of gear entering the game every 240 days? That does seem sparse but I can't imagine the guys tuning the numbers not acknowledging that when they were deciding on numbers. Maybe it's only intended to plug gear gaps with a piece here and there.

Well..

There is the caviat that once you have crafted a piece using the Elder Data Fragments, you unlock the schematic to be crafted without either the Crafting Voucher Schematic or the Elder Data Fragments. So.. after 8 months, you could craft a full set of Adventus XX4 on a weekly basis, supposing you had the resources for it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zephyrine posted:

I need to find the amp first.

I think it's the 2 point tier 3 item. So you'd need one tier 2 of your choice.

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012

Enigma Guildleader posted:

No Compromise. I don't care if you are the best player in the world. If you want to bring your lovely girlfriend along, I will personally show you where to shove it.

Clearly a cool guy who easily relates to women.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

trashcangammy posted:

Clearly a cool guy who easily relates to women.

You're missing the best part of the entire thing.

Enigma Goonleader posted:

Control over your life. If your mom is going to disconnect your net because she thinks you're addicted to video games, Enigma isn't the place for you. If your job/school will never allow you to take a week off, that's an immediate disqualifier.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

The spinning psyblade thing (at least the one I'm thinking of) isn't on the GCD. It'd be pretty worthless otherwise.

Might not be but that time you stop to cast it could be spent casting a tks

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 14, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So I just did the world boss in Celestion with 19 pubbies and holy poo poo was that a fight.

Also apparently even the basic Medic heal uses Focus, so I was bottomed out at like 1-3% the entire back half of the fight because I had nothing on my bar that didn't need Focus. I think from now on I'm gonna keep Dispersion on there so I can at least do dinky DPS.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Holyshoot posted:

For these guys it's a job that gets them to be the best in the world at something. And that alone is worth more than money to some people I guess. And some people enjoy raiding at the top performance level regardless of class.

Those shitlords say if you can't take a week off to raid that you probably shouldn't apply. I don't even.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Zephyrine posted:

For some people MMOs are just a second job that you pay to perform.
Second would imply they have a first.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kaldaris posted:

You're missing the best part of the entire thing.

Bahahahaha yeah I'm going to waste 5 or more days of vacation time on a video game -- let alone progression raiding in an MMO.

"Sorry, honey! I know you wanted to go on that trip out west but I need to take time off for my guild instead. xXxScumLordzxXx is going to beat us to world first in a raid that will be obsolete in less than 6 months."

Who am I kidding none of these people are married.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 14, 2014

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Virigoth posted:

Those shitlords say if you can't take a week off to raid that you probably shouldn't apply. I don't even.

Not hard to get a week off from work if you're not working a lovely minimum wage job (except if its broadcasting your twitch gameplay with 200-300 viewers). I would assume most people applying to this guild are either single with no job, single with a job where they arent that important but get normal vacation time and like using it on a video game, or are rich, or are their own boss. Or anyone of those with a significant other who doesn't care they have these priorities.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Bahahahaha yeah I'm going to waste 5 or more days of vacation time on a video game -- let alone progression raiding in an MMO.

Vacation time is used for what you enjoy doing. If its going to europe for 5 days or staying home playing for 5 days how is that bad?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

You use it after something that casts instantly but starts the gcd.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

You use it after something that casts instantly but starts the gcd.

So mindblast? So tks to five then mindblast and launch off two spinning weapons then back to tks?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"Sorry, honey! I know you wanted to go on that trip out west but I need to take time off for my guild instead. xXxScumLordzxXx is going to beat us to world first in a raid that will be obsolete in less than 6 months."

Who am I kidding none of these people are married.

Note in the ad he says "I don't care if you're studying for your SAT or your PHD." Those are the alpha and omega of their lifespans.

They're all entitled college-age white boys being bankrolled by their parents, probably led by an engimatic "self-employed" (still living off inheritance) elder of 30ish.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

boho posted:

Note in the ad he says "I don't care if you're studying for your SAT or your PHD." Those are the alpha and omega of their lifespans.

They're all entitled college-age white boys being bankrolled by their parents.

congrats you cracked the case

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
They're just stealing recruitment standards from top five world guilds in WoW and amping it up a notch.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

folgore posted:

congrats you cracked the case

Thank you. If anyone from the FBI is reading this and has an opening for an internet nerd profiler feel free to contact me via PM. I specialize in goons and things worse than goons.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Holyshoot posted:

So mindblast? So tks to five then mindblast and launch off two spinning weapons then back to tks?

Or you use them to build up 2 psi points at the beginning of the fight. Double-tap it before you engage, then start your rotation, then the blades hit and you get 2 quick points to get you to 5 faster.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

boho posted:

Second would imply they have a first.

That's kind of funny because when I was younger I would be unemployed during the winters and my WoW progression worked in perfect correlation with the unemployment spikes.

At the peak I ran a guild with two 25 man raid teams and four 10 man raid teams and then I started working and all of it went down the toilet. 3 months of working and I had lost all of it. When I wasn't there to micromanage every little aspect. Things just fell apart.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

That's kind of funny because when I was younger I would be unemployed during the winters and my WoW progression worked in perfect correlation with the unemployment spikes.

At the peak I ran a guild with two 25 man raid teams and four 10 man raid teams and then I started working and all of it went down the toilet. 3 months of working and I had lost all of it. When I wasn't there to micromanage every little aspect. Things just fell apart.

Sounds like you had lovely officers who couldn't run stuff in your stead when you were not around.

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Managing MMO players is like herding cats, except cats aren't complete cunts.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zephyrine posted:

All goon guild leaders should immediately quit their jobs, tia :eng101:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

I use it after spectral swarm, but you can also use it after finishers or whatever.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

trashcangammy posted:

Yes they are :colbert:

(of course MMO players are worse than complete cunts, but still)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I use it after spectral swarm, but you can also use it after finishers or whatever.

When do you slot in spectral swarm? Is that off the GCD as well? Basically can I get your rotation for a boss fight? :shobon:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

trashcangammy posted:

Oh they are complete cunts. I know this because I have two, but unlike the average MMO player they're sometimes endearing and cute.

Also fluffy.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

a cat on an apple posted:

The armours themselves are BoE, so you're absolutely free to make armour for other people - at the cost of only being able to make one per day, now, so it'll still take you about a week to make a full set, regardless of EDF costs. Here's the costs per tier:

Epochos XX1 - 1 EDF
Adventus XX2 - 7 EDF
Adventus XX3 - 10 EDF
Adventus XX4 - 18 EDF

There is the caviat that once you have crafted a piece using the Elder Data Fragments, you unlock the schematic to be crafted without either the Crafting Voucher Schematic or the Elder Data Fragments. So.. after 8 months, you could craft a full set of Adventus XX4 on a weekly basis, supposing you had the resources for it.

So rather than 8 months it takes 18 days worth of dailies to unlock one piece per person and then being able to make that piece using vouchers or fragments. Kind of missing how this adds up to 240 days but I am just going off your post.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Sounds like you had lovely officers who couldn't run stuff in your stead when you were not around.

All my officers ever did when I gave them responsibilities was demand more guild bank access and/or take handfuls of members to run off and try and start their own raid guilds.

I ran that Wow guild for 6 years. Never once did I have an officer I could trust. But I'm not acting the victim. I know officers need "wooing" to remain happy and fulfil their duties and I believe I failed in keeping them happy which is why they failed the Guild in return.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Man BGs would be great if we didn't have to deal with stupid pubbie bot af-

:suicide:

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

I ran that Wow guild for 6 years. Never once did I have an officer I could trust.

That's just weird, why did you make the effort for them? I suppose the majority of people who want to be a guild officers in MMOs are exactly the kind of people who would be bad at it.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

trashcangammy posted:

That's just weird, why did you make the effort for them? I suppose the majority of people who want to be a guild officers in MMOs are exactly the kind of people who would be bad at it.

:colbert:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

trashcangammy posted:

It's really this. Being an officer loving sucks and it's the fastest way to hate video games forever second to maybe being the guild leader. Nearly everyone who really wants the position doesn't have what it takes to be one.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Don't fill your guild with ungovernable cunts and being a guild leader is very easy. If someone gives you grief every single day you log on just kick them out of your guild.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

You avoid this by using Concentrated Blades and Bolster inside of other skills GCDs, while leveling you can usually stick it in during Spectral Swarm's GCD, in longer fights it should go in Mind Burst's GCD.

My standard leveling rotation in the 40s goes Haunt -> Spec Swarm -> CB+Bolster inside Spec Swarms GCD -> TKS -> TKS and immediately Mind Burst (this is a trick with the ability queue that will give you the TKS point after the MB) -> the 2 CBs and the second TKS hit, giving you 3 points -> 2 more TKS and another MB. Most mobs are dead by that point. Dashes get fit inside the Mind Burst GCD for Tactician procs, if things go wrong or I gently caress up I'll usually pop innate then.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

timmmmaaaah posted:

So rather than 8 months it takes 18 days worth of dailies to unlock one piece per person and then being able to make that piece using vouchers or fragments. Kind of missing how this adds up to 240 days but I am just going off your post.

You're not reading it right. You have to make ALL of the gear in a tier to get the next level. Want Adventus? Gotta spend 18 days per piece of gear on the lower set.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Doublestep posted:

You're not reading it right. You have to make ALL of the gear in a tier to get the next level. Want Adventus? Gotta spend 18 days per piece of gear on the lower set.

This is absolutely not the case. I have an Adventus Weapon Attachment unlocked by just buying the pattern while only have 3 weapon schematics researched. Similarly, I have Adventus Outfitter Chest crafted while still missing 3-4 pieces of Epochos gear that I didn't need.

Rathi04
Dec 31, 2006
I just started a couple days ago on a Stalker and just hit level 15 with him. Does anyone have any skills they recomend using on just general pve questing and maybe dungeons for dps? There are so many and kinda hard to test out.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I still don't understand these crafting bags you can get with the little vouchers. Are they just tier appropriate stuff, or can you get more exotic equipment though them? The tutorial teaches you how to buy them but that's about it; I'm paranoid I'd be wasting the bloody things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

trashcangammy posted:

I did care a lot about the guild and the regular members.

The problem with officers seemed to be that the people who wanted to be officers had no business being one and the people I needed to be officers knew better and refused the position.

• Locked thread