Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381&userid=105755 these are the posts of a man with a fulfilling life full of friends and good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Second Son is the first implementation of GPGPU on the PS4 and can handle something like 170,000 discrete particles along with other lighting and physics calculations. The GPU itself has an extra bus for direct memory access for GPGPU syncing, L2 support for graphical *at this point in the post, the transformation into the ultimate human being is complete*

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Wii u has the best next gen games!

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I like particles. Not those showy ones though.

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Stux posted:

nintendo needs to make new console... but with name other than nintendo. parants looking at games for they're children look at nintendo and go "ah but my children are older than 3 now, i will get a xbox or playstation instead". drop the name nintnedo...

hm. yes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This thread would never happen if Gunpei Yokoi and Hiroshi Yamauchi were still alive. Howard Lincoln would put a stop to it.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
I just want to know why Stux is using Rick Roll in the year of our lord 2014

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Are we gonna see the dick, or not?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yaoi Mandel posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381&userid=105755 these are the posts of a man with a fulfilling life full of friends and good times

did u know that posts take, on average, 5 days per word to render

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yaoi Mandel posted:

i love the black and white nature of the mentally ill person's brain though, as if a man (me, a grown rear end powerful and handsome man) who likes nintendo games has not also put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into dark souls 1,2 and demons souls and could absolutely wreck him in pvp because i am just flat out better at gaming, posting, insults, hell you name it. those two things are mutually exclusive in the boring sadman failed british dj retard brain

hundreds upon hundreds

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Stux posted:

Hmm, yes, what could a post every 15 minutes of every hour of every day possibly say about somebody's social life?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Yaoi Mandel posted:

That thread is very bad.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Stux posted:

did u know that your posts, on average, are all stupid bullshit that nobody cares about

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

i dont care to see another mans penis, can we talk about wii u or waluigi or malcom in the middle or whatever bullshit we were going on about earlier

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hmm, yes, what could a post every 15 minutes of every hour of every day possibly say about somebody's social life?

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Nothin wrong with a sic dic pic but i just wanna see waluigi jokes and people getting mad over reggie or whatever

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
What the gently caress is this thread about?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

midnightclimax posted:

Stux mental illness posting repository.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

midnightclimax posted:

The WiiU is the second worst console in history (first being the god drat Xbone!) and if I were in charge of Nintendo I'd stop system production and become a third party dev because that is smart.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Nintendo doing the same thing as Microsoft and Sony and making extremely user-friendly PC's without any of the manufacturing benefits those companies have that makes the process cheaper/easier does not seem like a good idea, at all!

Hat Thoughts, how dare you make a good post in this thread? This thread is for bad posts!

But yeah, "do the exact same thing as your competition!" is not good business advice unless you're in a monopolistic position. Nintendo is making the right choice to not do that, though whether they're making the right choices for what to actually do could be debated. For instance, I would have said the Gamepad was a bad decision up until yesterday when I could easily give up the TV to roommates and keep playing on the Gamepad. Now I think the Gamepad is awesome.

Nintendo is targeting a demographic of families, people who have friends over, and people who share a TV. The mistake there is that's probably a smaller demographic than the brogamer or "must have console instead of PC" crowd.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

midnightclimax posted:

This was the Wii U Shitposting thread. It is currently the Shitposting Wii U thread.

CatsPajamas posted:

Nintendo is targeting a demographic of families, people who have friends over, and people who share a TV. The mistake there is that's probably a smaller demographic than the brogamer or "must have console instead of PC" crowd.

I'm not sure it's necessarily a smaller demographic so much as it is a demographic less willing to throw money at video games they haven't even seen actual footage of in general.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
I want to buy a WiiU after that E3 presentation.

Is this what this thread about?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Thisuck posted:

yes, the Wii U is good now and you should buy either the Mario Kart bundle or a $200 refurbished unit directly from Nintendo.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

did anything good or funny get posted in the 496 pages of this thread

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Davincie posted:

did anything good or funny get posted in the 496 pages of this thread

Yeah, this http://badoo.com/lstuxl/p1136090

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

LOL!

oh uh sorry gotta keep up the high posting standard of the Something Awful Comedy Website Forum

:lol:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

home office probabably

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Thisuck posted:

have u checked mothercare or similar stores where baby gifts are sold? those are you're best bet for baby toys

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

CatsPajamas posted:

Hat Thoughts, how dare you make a good post in this thread? This thread is for bad posts!

But yeah, "do the exact same thing as your competition!" is not good business advice unless you're in a monopolistic position. Nintendo is making the right choice to not do that, though whether they're making the right choices for what to actually do could be debated. For instance, I would have said the Gamepad was a bad decision up until yesterday when I could easily give up the TV to roommates and keep playing on the Gamepad. Now I think the Gamepad is awesome.

They completely wasted the year head start they had over their competition. They barely had anything ready for launch, despite the Wii's software completely drying up a few years earlier.

It would have had a brilliant launch line-up if they waited until Super Mario 3D World was finished, but it might also have been overshadowed by the other two consoles.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The WiiU is the second worst console in history (first being the god drat Xbone!) and if I were in charge of Nintendo I'd stop system production and become a third party dev because that is smart.

Agreed.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
g0m_nn on Nintendo Network here. Add me for some mario kart 8, some sonic & all stars racing transformed, or just to vidchat. Cheers.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

no they will not posted:

g0m_nn on Nintendo Network here. Add me for some mario kart 8, some sonic & all stars racing transformed, or just to vidchat. Cheers.

I'll.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 15, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Claymation is cool. Kirby is fun. Can't wait. Wii U best next gen console

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Stux posted:

home office probabably

A home office wouldn't even hire you. I have relatives who are nothing but shaven sasquatches who have law degrees because their forest home was destroyed by the ranching industry, and while they still poo poo in the backyard like the animals that they are, they at least have some standards.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Yaoi Mandel posted:

yes, the Wii U is good now and you should buy either the Mario Kart bundle or a $200 refurbished unit directly from Nintendo.

No that's loving retarded because everything in that presentation is next year, so just wait until then when Iwata is handing out free Reggie blowjobs and a 2DS with each $100 WiiU. Unless you just gotta put on the klan hood now and start playing those whites-only games because that MK roster may as well say "no coloreds" on it.

quote:

Ok Aatrak.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zachack posted:

Ok Aatrak.

That's some allegation.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zachack posted:

No that's loving retarded because everything in that presentation is next year, so just wait until then when Iwata is handing out free Reggie blowjobs and a 2DS with each $100 WiiU. Unless you just gotta put on the klan hood now and start playing those whites-only games because that MK roster may as well say "no coloreds" on it.

What if I want Bayonetta 2?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just gotta say I own every good Wii-U game now, the 30 dollar and under sale price tag for the games is very good.

They need to do this year round for everything. Between the Toysrus 40% off sale, the free Mario kart game, and the 20 dollars off Best Buy sale it's all been very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

A home office wouldn't even hire you.

what

• Locked thread