Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ankle posted:

Do you have any tips for doing this?

Admittedly, I have dual gathering professions, but at level cap you get a good bit of coin just off your dailies. Further more, as I just learned, exp = cash if you're capped on Elder Gems for the week. Then just vendoring everything I can since the AH/CX is hosed and people sell stuff for less than it vendors still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Admittedly, I have dual gathering professions, but at level cap you get a good bit of coin just off your dailies. Further more, as I just learned, exp = cash if you're capped on Elder Gems for the week. Then just vendoring everything I can since the AH/CX is hosed and people sell stuff for less than it vendors still.

Also salvaging blue items at 50 can get you the more rare cores which seem to sell pretty well right now. Simply leveling 1-50 and vendoring everything should get you enough Plat for at least 2 CREDDs at current prices.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

allsizesfitone posted:

Holy poo poo.

I did send them photos to the fan art e-mail, so maybe they'll put it in the house devspeak.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
I mentioned this in the Terrible Secrets of Space chat earlier but something I've noticed I really miss from playing WoW is that I used to enjoy leveling up by chain-running dungeons. It's a bit slower than just questing, but with a tank or healer you get a fast queue and level up by performing a role you want to play at end game.

The problem is that the Wildstar dungeons are just too difficult for PUGs to go through at a reasonable rate if you're running multiple dungeons for experience gain. I don't want them nerfed, it's just a shame that the difficulty (which I enjoy) is at odds with my favoured leveling method.

Maybe after a few months when people know the fights more it'll be something that's more reasonable to do. Until then, I'm starting to find the questing dragging on a bit at 39, even with lots of PvP interspersed.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Windchilla posted:

Simply leveling 1-50 and vendoring everything should get you enough Plat for at least 2 CREDDs at current prices.

What "current prices" mean varies by server to server, but even for 2-2,5p this sounds like a really optimistic estimate assuming you're buying your AMPs and possibly spending a couple of gold on something else. I'd have to pay more than 5p for a CREDD on Hazak.

If a rule of thumb is needed, I'd rather never vendor anything green or better, than vendor everything. As long as rune fragments are worth over 2-4g (depending on item level) you're almost certain to make more money by salvaging from those alone. Never seen their prices below 4g on my server where they're probably cheaper than average.

(made something like 30 plat selling runes)

And word to the wise, never ever vendor crafting materials (especially T1, T2 & T5) unless you're out of bank space or desperately need a few gold or something.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 16, 2014

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Can't wait to go see the new fast and furrious movie!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Space is awesome, you guys.

And so is my new evil mad science lab.

MWAHAHAHA!!!! You WILL reveal your secrets to me, banana!

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 16, 2014

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Strange Horizon posted:

I mentioned this in the Terrible Secrets of Space chat earlier but something I've noticed I really miss from playing WoW is that I used to enjoy leveling up by chain-running dungeons. It's a bit slower than just questing, but with a tank or healer you get a fast queue and level up by performing a role you want to play at end game.

The problem is that the Wildstar dungeons are just too difficult for PUGs to go through at a reasonable rate if you're running multiple dungeons for experience gain. I don't want them nerfed, it's just a shame that the difficulty (which I enjoy) is at odds with my favoured leveling method.

Maybe after a few months when people know the fights more it'll be something that's more reasonable to do. Until then, I'm starting to find the questing dragging on a bit at 39, even with lots of PvP interspersed.

I'm about to hit 40 and feel the same way. The XP rewards from running dungeons are very weak considering the effort involved. I think this is primarily why people don't run them. If it was actually worth the time, maybe your average player would be willing to tolerate a few wipes instead of quitting at the first sign of trouble. Not to mention loot can drop from bosses that is unusable by anyone in the group. It's quite a kick in the balls when you get through a tough run and 3/4s of the poo poo that dropped was worthless.

Carbine are outspoken about rewarding players that put the effort in for difficult group content (i.e. raiders) at level 50. I don't see any convincing arguments for why 1-49 has to be any different.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
It doesn't, Carbine specifically said that they wanted multiple avenues of approach to leveling. It's stupid that group content is so unrewarding with how terrible it is. I'm hoping we'll hear something about the state of the game this week.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Trilin posted:

It doesn't, Carbine specifically said that they wanted multiple avenues of approach to leveling. It's stupid that group content is so unrewarding with how terrible it is. I'm hoping we'll hear something about the state of the game this week.

I really enjoyed Storm Talons lair when I hit 20. It's super challenging and reminds me a lot of shattered halls and other hard dungeons from the burning crusade but dungeons definitely need to award like half a levels worth of xp if you do them at the correct level. Most of the people in my guild straight gave up after the first two because the time invested wasn't worthwhile.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Hello it has been two weeks. Here is some data that is current as of RIGHT NOW.

There are 500 people in GS.

73 people are 50
289 people are 20-49
125 people are under 20

Here are the class breakdowns for the whole guild:

101 Engineers
93 Warriors
63 Espers
76 Medics
90 Spellslingers
76 Stalkers

Out of the people that are 50:

19 Engineers
10 Espers
12 Medics
11 Spellslingers
7 Stalkers
14 Warriors

Guild leaders that are not 50:

Doublestep

Most alts held by guild leader:

Doublestep

Highest guild leader character level:

Most time spent humming and hawing over housing/class selection/amps that haven't been acquired:

Doublestep.

SEE YOU NEXT MONTH

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

whatspeakyou posted:

I did send them photos to the fan art e-mail, so maybe they'll put it in the house devspeak.

People keep mentioning this, where is it? Is it a submission thing? Where are the details?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Doublestep needs to step it up a notch. (Heh) :smug:

Needs more Vince.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Hot tip to those going into neutral PvP towns with offensive debuff AMPs: don't! I went into some Lopp town in Whitevale with my Medic and the guards surprise killed me and wouldn't stop when I rez'd. Turns out my Null Zone AMP was triggering a hostile action in the town whenever the other faction walked past me and the guards would see that as punishment-worthy :haw:

I think this happens with Warrior too from what I've read, but I don't know other classes well enough to know. Just a heads up!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Please edit that post.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The fact you can't level via group PvE is a real downer, since I've pretty much dried up my tolerance for questing and I'm in my late 30s. Healing is the real reason why I want to stick with the esper, but my only option for EXP that way is PvP, and that's just a incoherent rave with significantly less drugs. They kind of fell through with their promise of accommodating different playstyles to level.

Fortunately, rest exp seems to accrue pretty fast and the switch to avoid blue quests like the plague really made it much less painful. Maybe post-release they'll tune group content and fill in the gaps with new dungeons, but as of right now: :barf:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

wtfmoses posted:

101 Engineers
93 Warriors
63 Espers
76 Medics
90 Spellslingers
76 Stalkers

That's about the numbers I would have guessed for the game over all.

I'm betting there would have been even less medics if people who are naturally inclined for the healer role didn't jump on the medic so fast.

In my opinion. Naming a class after a group role is really not the right way to go. It gives the impression that it is "The healer" rather than "A healer".

alarumklok posted:

The fact you can't level via group PvE is a real downer, since I've pretty much dried up my tolerance for questing and I'm in my late 30s. Healing is the real reason why I want to stick with the esper, but my only option for EXP that way is PvP, and that's just a incoherent rave with significantly less drugs. They kind of fell through with their promise of accommodating different playstyles to level.

Fortunately, rest exp seems to accrue pretty fast and the switch to avoid blue quests like the plague really made it much less painful. Maybe post-release they'll tune group content and fill in the gaps with new dungeons, but as of right now: :barf:

I disagree there.

I did Hycrest insurrection from level 15-20 and in the end I averaged about 30% of a level per run which is acceptable.

I then did "Ruins of Kel Voreth" followed by "Stormtalon's Lair" which earned me 128% of a level and that's pretty good in my opinion.

I can work with this.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 16, 2014

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

People keep mentioning this, where is it? Is it a submission thing? Where are the details?

It was on their facebook a few days ago. I think I might have missed it with my town lot thing, which is unfortunate.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Hycrest Insurrection?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

Hycrest Insurrection?

Exile level 15 adventure.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

WastedJoker posted:

Hycrest Insurrection?

Level 15 Exile Adventure.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Ohhhh, I was worried I'd missed something since I became the hero of hycrest the other day.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ever since the last patch I have been getting memory crashes in every single pvp match

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WastedJoker posted:

Ohhhh, I was worried I'd missed something since I became the hero of hycrest the other day.

you are basically fixing what the terrorists did in order to get that Title

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Carbine, give us this sky for housing, thanks.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Pesterchum posted:

Carbine, give us this sky for housing, thanks.

I'm calling it now, it's gonna be a drop from the raids.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

How does this game play with low latency?

Yesterday I fought The Forgemaster in "Ruins of Kel Voreth" and my first thought was that there is no way someone on a mobile broadband could survive this.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

How does this game play with low latency?

Yesterday I fought The Forgemaster in "Ruins of Kel Voreth" and my first thought was that there is no way someone on a mobile broadband could survive this.

Why would you do a dungeon on an mmo with mobile broadband. That poo poo is meant for Facebook or tooling around the major city.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Do you mean the other thing? You know, "high latency"?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Why would you do a dungeon on an mmo with mobile broadband. That poo poo is meant for Facebook or tooling around the major city.

Depending on where you live it might be the only option.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Whitevale is kind of an oddly structured zone that has you beeline straight to the middle then fishhook back around towards the south, then probably go right back northeast again when you play Dominion.

Then there's that awkwardly placed prison.

Exiles, there's a super-max prison on your doorstep. What gives?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

Depending on where you live it might be the only option.

You have the option to not play a latency-intensive genre of multiplayer game because your Internet is poo poo. Wildstar especially is probably nigh-unplayable with anything over 200 or 300 ms lag, depending on how much of a masochist you are.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I'm trying to imagine playing Spellslinger in PvP at 300ms lag and I want to punch myself in the dick at the thought of it.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

First Bass posted:

You have the option to not play a latency-intensive genre of multiplayer game because your Internet is poo poo. Wildstar especially is probably nigh-unplayable with anything over 200 or 300 ms lag, depending on how much of a masochist you are.

Most of the issues people might think are lag related in this game are actually problems pretty much everyone deals with either way, ie: hit detection in pvp. Though 300 is a excessive.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Doublestep posted:

I'm trying to imagine playing Spellslinger in PvP at 300ms lag and I want to punch myself in the dick at the thought of it.

I've been there, friend, and let me tell you: just sit in a corner and cry until your fairy godmother appears to make the latency boogeymen go away.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

ankle posted:

Do you have any tips for doing this?

1. Get a gathering profession.
2. Go to Crimson Badlands
3. Wander around picking up plants & whatever your gathering profession allows for like 3 hours
4. Vendor everything you got
5. Enjoy your CREDD.

Optionally:

6. Do Crimson Badlands challenges every time they're off cooldown
7. Select Bag of Scavenged Goods as your prize
8. If you get the Trigger Fingers AMP (you won't), enjoy your 10 CREDDs.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

2. Go to Crimson Badlands

What level zone is Crimson Badlands? Exiles don't go there.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

What level zone is Crimson Badlands? Exiles don't go there.

50. Exiles and Dominion go there alike at cap. It's the "Daily Quest Zone".

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

wtfmoses posted:

Most time spent humming and hawing over housing/class selection/amps that haven't been acquired:

Doublestep.

SEE YOU NEXT MONTH

I DEMAND A RECOUNT.

In HOUSING news, feeling unsatisfied with my ship's paltry array of weaponry, I upgraded.

Too much?

Vanity pic:

Also featuring Robotulism.

Cronodoculous fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Doublestep posted:

Maybe that's why I ended up going to all wide AoEs in PvP. I thought I just sucked at aiming but last night Latency Monitor was definitely averaging around 300, and I'm not even in Bumfuck USA.

• Locked thread