Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Besser being a huge sports fan, it sounded like he was purposely forgetting things to win that argument. Arizona was the most famous state to pass an anti-gay law. Remember a few months back when gay-hater Jan Brewer only vetoed it when the NFL said they were going to take their Super Bowl away?

Also, Arizona is clearly the worst state in the union in my eyes. Besides making it legal for cops to ask any brown person their legal status, it has a law that outright bans the teaching of Mexican-American history (HB 2281). At least Mississippi didn't outlaw African-American studies courses.

I didn't know about HB 2281, that's totally insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I've been listening to old I4Hs and the first live episode with Parham, Wengert and Gemberling is one of the all time greats. Eric the Intern discussing his date is amazing.

"She asked if I was going to order a drink but instead of taking that as a cue to buy her a drink, I thought it would be a good segue into telling her about times I ordered food online".

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm listening to the Zooropa episode and at 12:30 Adam asks what's that thing you paint on wood to give it a finish. Scott answers "STAIN" and Adam replies that it's been a while since he used that terminology. But not in the singing voice. This is like hearing Scott say My Wife on like, episode 17 of Comedy Death Ray.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Or anyone say My Wife in the episodes from this year.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

jeffullrich posted:

We've got some pretty big news coming Monday. Excited to share.

Here is my news: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/16918-announcing-earwolfs-new-ceo/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm tempted to create an account just to post "When is there going to be more Cyberthug Radio?"

I am nervous and I think you are only doing this for the sweet "Chairman" title, but I can't blame ya for that.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I am nervous and I think you are only doing this for the sweet "Chairman" title, but I can't blame ya for that.

Nervous, like nervous that I'm not really leaving?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

jeffullrich posted:

Nervous, like nervous that I'm not really leaving?

No, nervous in that I think you and Scott were a really good working partnership. You could be the bad guy when need be, and he only had to worry about those trademark puns. Will this new guy have that? Time will tell I suppose, and I doubt you would hand it off to someone who couldn't do it.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

No, nervous in that I think you and Scott were a really good working partnership. You could be the bad guy when need be, and he only had to worry about those trademark puns. Will this new guy have that? Time will tell I suppose, and I doubt you would hand it off to someone who couldn't do it.

Thanks. Scott is the best. New guy will be fine. We are so much more than Scott and I at this point, there is a lot more too it than that (which is part of where this comes from).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this sucks, imo. bad move for the cmpany this point forward

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

this sucks, imo. bad move for the cmpany this point forward

Why?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
for one, I domt see this higher budget helping anyone. all I see is a cool underground hipster joint transforming into a fearsome corporate company, just like uhhh..... Gary Sinise in Snake Eyes

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

for one, I domt see this higher budget helping anyone. all I see is a cool underground hipster joint transforming into a fearsome corporate company, just like uhhh..... Gary Sinise in Snake Eyes

Well, we now have benefits, which allows our studio manager Savannah to have a baby (according to her, not me), which I am really proud of. We have new studios with furniture that works, allowing everyone to both feel safe and be proud of their workplace (it was really bad for a long time). It allows us to fund things like the Andy Daly Pilot Project Podcast, which we didn't make any money on, because we think it needs to exist in this world. That is in addition to the well-documented investment we make in that terrible show that you all seem to love so much, Hollywood Handbook.

And, it lets me move on to not killing myself with work, because I can afford to pay other people to help out.

I understand the sentiment, I do. But we are not changing all the podcasts. We're not canceling anything. But you are right, it will continue to become more of a business, though not a corporation. I believe there is a difference and that we've been a business this whole time. Our budget was $1,700/month as recently as August 2011. I'm glad it isn't that way any more, those days sucked. And I'm proud of the business I've built. And it's not a fearsome corporate company.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it. I'm glad you care about Earwolf.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Where's that one poster who thought Nerdist being sold to Legendary was the beginning of the end for podcasts? Probably somewhere having a coronary.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Where's that one poster who thought Nerdist being sold to Legendary was the beginning of the end for podcasts? Probably somewhere having a coronary.

And just to be clear, we haven't sold.

Not saying we wouldn't, but we haven't. In fact, we turned down an offer 2 weeks ago.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Jeff, you've really built something great and you have earned this rest. Enjoy it, man. Look forward to anything you do in the future, with Earwolf or without. I think this is the part where we all stand on our desks.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Politicalrancor posted:

Jeff, you've really built something great and you have earned this rest. Enjoy it, man. Look forward to anything you do in the future, with Earwolf or without. I think this is the part where we all stand on our desks.

Thank you so much. It really means a lot for you to say that. I will try and enjoy it, while not driving my wife crazy.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Yeah godspeed man. You've given us all countless hours of joy, so you've earned whatever you want to do.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Jeff you have done some amazing work and have created something that we all love dearly, but I'm concerned that without this income you'll have to change your name to Jeff Ullpoor!!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jeffullrich posted:

the Andy Daly Pilot Project Podcast, which we didn't make any money on

There is no justice in this godforsaken world :negative:

Glad to hear that things look bright for Earwolf's future. Enjoy your respite from the daily podcast grind.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Indigi wins.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Enjoy the rest Jeff, you earned it! Apart from doing a fantastic job at Earwolf I'm really glad you took the time to reach out to us fans on a completely page outside of Earwolf (how did you come about finding us by the way?). It has been very meaningful to have shows like CBB and I4H to look forward to each week during a couple of years of ups and downs.

(I'm going to let that comment about Hollywood Handbook slide :colbert:)

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

Enjoy the rest Jeff, you earned it! Apart from doing a fantastic job at Earwolf I'm really glad you took the time to reach out to us fans on a completely page outside of Earwolf (how did you come about finding us by the way?). It has been very meaningful to have shows like CBB and I4H to look forward to each week during a couple of years of ups and downs.

I was going to write something but this really says it all. So pretend I wrote it, ok Jeff?

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

There is no justice in this godforsaken world :negative:

To be fair, we could only charge advertisers for 1/4 of the downloads because we had no idea how many people would listen. And since it was limited run, we never had a chance to make up for that. But...I would have done it even if it cost us $10K, just to be able to hear it myself.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

I have no idea what this means. But I'm happy for them.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

I don't remember how I found you, I think someone told me maybe?

This is a great group of real fans and I'm glad I did find you!

Also thanks to Alikchi, Riptor and The Ape of Naples. I was afraid no one would care, I appreciate you going out of your way to say otherwise.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Echoing the thanks - I was big on live stand-up and comedy a few years back, but being physically isolated from anything but people who made it to my second-tier Canadian town meant I sort of got bored by limited access. Podcasts (starting with CDR/CBB) brought me back in, and now we make a point of hitting up the major Canadian comedy festivals to catch our touring favourites, dragging friends along, and it's awesome.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Big on you, bro. You know you've created something truly endearing and that has touched so many people. And not only a place for fans to listen, but you created a venue for new comedians to shine in. You've earned the time off. Keep on keeping on, and I'm sure we'll hear big things from you soon.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 16, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pretty much just echoing what everyone else has said, you made a great thing and totally deserve the rest, thanks for providing a platform for a lot of us to find awesome comics and junk.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Riptor posted:

but I'm concerned that without this income you'll have to change your name to Jeff Ullpoor!!!

Crap now I am real worried about this. Please don't change your name Jeff.

But seriously Earwolf is amazing and I'm glad you're taking some well deserved break time. Good for you man

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Nothing I can say that others haven't already, but I just wanted to throw my thanks and congrats on the pile. Good luck with whatever you do next, Jeff.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

tnimark posted:

Nothing I can say that others haven't already, but I just wanted to throw my thanks and congrats on the pile. Good luck with whatever you do next, Jeff.

Thanks guys! I didn't expect so many kind words, but I very much appreciate them. I'm confident things will keep getting better and better!

Beeez
May 28, 2012
ur okay i guess

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've noticed that Jake Folgelnest hasn't been here to give support to Jeff. I mean, I don't want to start any rumors or bad blood or anything. Just sayin'

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Jeff is the higher budget going to allow you to get Bono/ Thedge/and or college girls???

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

To be fair, we could only charge advertisers for 1/4 of the downloads because we had no idea how many people would listen. And since it was limited run, we never had a chance to make up for that. But...I would have done it even if it cost us $10K, just to be able to hear it myself.

This makes sense, but I'm still surprised. That series was some of the best stuff Earwolf's ever ran, especially the August Lindt episode. Anyway, also chiming in to say thanks again for all the great podcasts Jeff, you're earned this break!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

You're a good dude, Jeff. Thanks for spending time with us and answering our dorky rear end questions about podcasts. Long Live Love, Dad!

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

You're a good dude, Jeff. Thanks for spending time with us and answering our dorky rear end questions about podcasts. Long Live Love, Dad!

Thanks everyone. It's been a difficult day, but I'm glad I'm doing this. I miss Love, Dad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
All the best, Jeff! You're an official Good Dude in my book!