Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
See I'm so in love with that, I don't regret my HLJ preorder at all. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Magnus looks sick. And if Star Saber does well, we're one step away from the greatest autobot leader ever, Dai Atlas.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Star Saber better come with some boss samurai swords.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

we're one step away from the greatest autobot leader ever, Dai Atlas.
It's called repainting the Generations Blitzwing mold.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened yet, it would have been a much more fitting choice than Double Dealer. They even look the same structure-wise in robot mode with the wing shoulders and tread legs.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 14, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's called repainting the Generations Blitzwing mold.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened yet, it would have been a much more fitting choice than Double Dealer. They even look the same structure-wise in robot mode with the wing shoulders and tread legs.

Man, I'd buy a retool of Blitzwing in a second. There's so much to like about him, but he's ruined by a couple little things and some bad material choices.

It's a great mold in theory. It sucks how one or two little things can completely ruin a toy.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

All of you babies who don't like Star Saber are welcome to challenge me to a water slide race over it at TFCon 2014.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Star Saber has like two layers of super mode and if the MP does that justice I'll probably lose me poo poo.

I'm still waiting for the second coming of Omega Prime over here.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

All of you babies who don't like Star Saber are welcome to challenge me to a water slide race over it at TFCon 2014.

Come to Chicago and I will get you girl-drink drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4TGGtPzBU&sns=em

It tastes like candy Rei...

Then fight you about MP whatever.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 15, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
All I am really asking from MP Star Saber is that he is compatible with G1 Victory Leo (or that he come with a flyer stating the release date of MP Victory Leo).

And I'm REALLY hoping this means we are on our way to MP Deathsaurus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lockdown speaking and a Dinobot transforming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2VrhQj6BY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1n-NH9yBI0

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Ugh... each new TV spot gets better and better. I am really pumped for this movie. :smith:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Okay so it's not Lance Henriksen which is a shame, but that's still a cool Lockdown voice.

It also looks like they're actually making the bad guys have personalities and poo poo, which is a huge step up from the last three movies.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

and poo poo.

Like faces.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I think more humanoid faces goes a long way to make them more ... uh, relatable? the whole decepticon bug faces thingy was always dumb with some exceptions.

I'm only in it for the toys but maybe the movie will be actually fun this time.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, I shared the picture but actually I don't know much or care about Star Saber. People who like him seem to be super happy about how the MP turned out, however.

Anyway here's more Magnus:

Rather than the actual colored product it looks like the earlier proto but digitally colored. I still like how he looks.

I don't dislike it but something seems off. Maybe the '86 movie designs just don't translate as impressively to an MP due to their simpler/cleaner lines. And that buttflap still sucks.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
He seems a bit squat, but I still like him a lot better than Citizen Stack.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah, maybe that's it. His legs are a bit short for his body, at least for a heroic commander type figure. Definitely still better than "don't look at me any way but head on" Citizen Stack, but not quite the perfect Magnus I had hoped for.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
It's the short thighs and calves that go on for dayssssssssssssss that make him look disproportionate to me.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Did he always have a red bumper? It is really distracting me.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

revtoiletduck posted:

Did he always have a red bumper? It is really distracting me.

Toy no, Animation Model yes

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Other posted:

Toy no, Animation Model yes

Is this going to be another "Soundwave's Eyes" incident?

Edit: Broke down and bout Evasion Prime. I hate his toe feet but his leg assembly is the best implementation of "legs-for-a-truck-bed" I've ever seen, and it's like the first time using the soles of the feet as the truck bed has ever looked convincing. His head is terrible though.

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 16, 2014

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

ForeverSmug posted:

Edit: Broke down and bout Evasion Prime. I hate his toe feet but his leg assembly is the best implementation of "legs-for-a-truck-bed" I've ever seen, and it's like the first time using the soles of the feet as the truck bed has ever looked convincing. His head is terrible though.

That's why I'm just waiting on that two pack.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

ForeverSmug posted:

Up until the point everyone realizes they keep it in bot mode anyway

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

All I am really asking from MP Star Saber is that he is compatible with G1 Victory Leo (or that he come with a flyer stating the release date of MP Victory Leo).

And I'm REALLY hoping this means we are on our way to MP Deathsaurus.

I think I'd rather have an MP Brestforce or Dinoforce myself.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

RaspberryCommie posted:

I think I'd rather have an MP Brestforce or Dinoforce myself.

Yeah, me too, but I was trying to stay within the realm of possibility. Not even 3P companies are touching such niche characters. :(

As long as I'm posting, did anyone buy the Target Prime/Grimlock two-pack with all the chrome? Do I have any "plastic quality snob" brothers that can tell me whether or not I need to return my impulse buy? Some of the Target exclusives of years past have had absolutely DIRE plastic quality.

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 16, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah, me too, but I was trying to stay within the realm of possibility. Not even 3P companies are touching such niche characters. :(

On one hand I think Star Saber may be a one-off in terms of characters nobody outside of Japan knows/cares about just because of the poll. I can't imagine Hasbro is real keen on MP molds that would be borderline impossible to sell in the US due to lack of familiarity. On the other hand, then I remember that they've released Acid Storm and are releasing Sunstorm at US retail so maybe Hasbro just gives no fucks. I'm very curious if Star Saber will have the smaller robots. I would think a Masterpiece Star Saber would have to have them, but then I would have said the same about a Masterpiece Magnus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
MP Rollbar or nothing!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Keldroc posted:

On one hand I think Star Saber may be a one-off in terms of characters nobody outside of Japan knows/cares about just because of the poll. I can't imagine Hasbro is real keen on MP molds that would be borderline impossible to sell in the US due to lack of familiarity. On the other hand, then I remember that they've released Acid Storm and are releasing Sunstorm at US retail so maybe Hasbro just gives no fucks. I'm very curious if Star Saber will have the smaller robots. I would think a Masterpiece Star Saber would have to have them, but then I would have said the same about a Masterpiece Magnus.

They seems to be slaves to cartoon accuracy more that toy accuracy (so far). So I would think that you can count on the inner robots. But nothing is ever certain until it's in your hands of course.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

So...yeah.
Angry Birds Transformers

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Angry Birds Star wars and Now Angry Birds transformers.

Gonna wait for Angry Birds GIJoe and Angry Birds My Little Pony.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of crossovers, why aren't there GI Joe Transformers, sorta like the Human Alliance stuff from DOTM?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Because Hasbro hates GI Joe.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

Angry Birds Star wars and Now Angry Birds transformers.

Gonna wait for Angry Birds GIJoe and Angry Birds My Little Pony.

just as a side note, I'm honestly surprised we haven't see more whoring out of My Little Pony from Hasbro. It may just be that I'm not looking for them, and there's a bunch of like GI Joe ponies and transformers ponies that I've never seen. Just seems like as much as they throw poo poo at the wall within individual lines.

That said I wouls love for them to take some of those crazy old Cobra vehicles and make Transformers out of them.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Joe figures are too big and and TFs are too expensive for it to work. Think how big something that has room for one Joe figure in the drivers seat but also has a enough bulk to transform from a GiJoe vehicle into a non-half assed robot would be. You could make the Joe HA sized and work something out maybe with the bigger vehicles but at that point it's not really a proper crossover is it? Best they could do is go the Star Wars Transformers route and make regular TFs out of iconic GiJoe designs except without the robot Luke Skywalker from an X-wing stuff

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I don't really care if they seat a figure, I'd just like to see one of those single-seater Cobra death balls transform.

I have not seen old GI Joe stuff in years, so I cannot remember their names.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
If you don't actually care about branding and only want baller* 1/18 scale toy soldiers with transforming vehicles, good news!

*expensive

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sunstorm you put your underwear over your pants again!

:buddy:

I like the flame pattern tho.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Blackheart posted:

He's smiling, but his bones are basically jelly now.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Anora posted:

I don't really care if they seat a figure, I'd just like to see one of those single-seater Cobra death balls transform.

I have not seen old GI Joe stuff in years, so I cannot remember their names.

That's the Cobra Flight Pod, or "Trubble Bubble". YoJoe.com should have listings of all the toys from 1982 (even some data from the 60's-70's stuff) and beyond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Flame deco's pretty cool but wow all that red was inadvisable.