Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Deranged M posted:

"Video has been removed by user" :negative:

please I need to see this! What was it

It was like if you took the woman who sang on Mike Oldfield's "Moonlight Shadow", gave her a recorder to noodle on, and sat her in front of an over-geared, underachieving rock band. The bored guitarist played a sort of vaguely metallic three-chord stomp, the hobbit drummer was glad to beat-box his dwarf-core, the other guitarist noodled all the gently caress over top of it, there were bad blue screen effects, and it was AMAZING.

http://indavideo.hu/video/Stardust_Reverie_-_Universal_Horrors Hah! (Site may be nws)

e: oh my god, I just noticed the ankh inlays and white tiger design on the lead guitarist's instrument.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

It was like if you took the woman who sang on Mike Oldfield's "Moonlight Shadow", gave her a recorder to noodle on, and sat her in front of an over-geared, underachieving rock band. The bored guitarist played a sort of vaguely metallic three-chord stomp, the hobbit drummer was glad to beat-box his dwarf-core, the other guitarist noodled all the gently caress over top of it, there were bad blue screen effects, and it was AMAZING.

http://indavideo.hu/video/Stardust_Reverie_-_Universal_Horrors Hah! (Site may be nws)

e: oh my god, I just noticed the ankh inlays and white tiger design on the lead guitarist's instrument.

Don't worry here's another link to it if yours goes down
link
its a joke
;)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

I couldn't help myself, sorry for anyone whose PC I lagged.

Also
http://i.imgur.com/6QTmjK3.gif
http://i.imgur.com/qBIfTjB.gif

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I love how bluesdad didn't even bother hooking up a fake cable in that video.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I just cannot stop laughing at the tuning pegs being eaten by just one string coil. What loving gauge is that lowest string rope?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lrWZuRn08I

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 12, 2014

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

I couldn't help myself, sorry for anyone whose PC I lagged.

Also
http://i.imgur.com/6QTmjK3.gif
http://i.imgur.com/qBIfTjB.gif

Evidently Metal-dad is now a thing.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I just cannot stop laughing at the tuning pegs being eaten by just one string coil. What loving gauge is that lowest string rope?

ebay posted:

The strings are a various collection of brands running from .317 (needs to be thicker than that), .254, .232, .217, .184, .156, .135, .105, .080, .060, .032, .024, .014, .011 and .008. The tuning is F, A#, D#, G#, C#, F#, B, E, A, D, G, C, F, a# and d#.

NEEDS TO BE THICKER

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Sockington posted:

NEEDS TO BE THICKER

It basically already looks like one of these door stoppers:

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Dirt posted:

It basically already looks like one of these door stoppers:

"The nut does compress the larger strings somewhat but, the tone isn't sacrificed by that."

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

This dude (company? not sure, really) makes some cool multiscale guitars, and does some seriously impressive finish work, but man. It's pretty drat bluesdad.

[edit] Multiscale bass.

BUSH 2112 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 13, 2014

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

quote:

The strings are a various collection of brands running from .317 (needs to be thicker than that), .254, .232, .217, .184, .156, .135, .105, .080, .060, .032, .024, .014, .011 and .008. The tuning is F, A#, D#, G#, C#, F#, B, E, A, D, G, C, F, a# and d#.

That B string is at about 30 hertz. Most of the notes on the bottom 6 strings are going be be below the range of human hearing.

I guess he wants to be able to play the brown note.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

I know why they missed their market with this.

Where's the abnormally curvy body shape (like something from an ink blot picture) and natural wood finish option?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I can't stop laughing at how the lowest strings don't even appear to be sitting in the nut at all. I'm pretty sure that thing isn't playable in any sense.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Dude, he clearly stated that it being unplayable doesn't affect the tone. Check and mate.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

HollisBrown posted:

I can't stop laughing at how the lowest strings don't even appear to be sitting in the nut at all. I'm pretty sure that thing isn't playable in any sense.

I also like how the logo seems to be scotch taped onto the headstock. Quality.

BUSH 2112 posted:

This dude (company? not sure, really) makes some cool multiscale guitars, and does some seriously impressive finish work, but man. It's pretty drat bluesdad.

I always wanted to try those alumitone pickups. Just not like that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Actuary X posted:

That B string is at about 30 hertz. Most of the notes on the bottom 6 strings are going be be below the range of human hearing.

I don't even understand how they could be fretted, so I don't think it matters if you could hear them. I imagine it just sounds like scraping metal and a wet fart.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

They're pretty awesome, very reminiscent of a good P90, but with that Fender-esque twang. It's kind of weird to describe.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Dirt posted:

I also like how the logo seems to be scotch taped onto the headstock. Quality.

I always wanted to try those alumitone pickups. Just not like that.

I would really love to build some of those pickups, winding copper is a pain in the rear end.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

trying to read his lips but all I get is 'burrito'

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
:black101:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
The best guitar for injuring yourself while you play. What a badass (stupid) idea.

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
When I saw Dillinger Escape Plan oin 2004, when Greg first joined and before the 2nd album, those guitar players had the really pointy headstocks and would run around violently thrashing the headstock right in my loving face. It was frightening. Greg put his hand on my shoulder with all his weight, that man is an ape.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
do those guitars come with free tetanus boosters?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

crikster posted:

When I saw Dillinger Escape Plan oin 2004, when Greg first joined and before the 2nd album, those guitar players had the really pointy headstocks and would run around violently thrashing the headstock right in my loving face. It was frightening. Greg put his hand on my shoulder with all his weight, that man is an ape.

Dillinger is insane. I hear they just toured with Tera Melos. God those shows must have been nuts.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

crikster posted:

... violently thrashing the headstock right in my loving face. It was frightening. Greg put his hand on my shoulder with all his weight, that man is an ape.

so how's your butthole. Sounds like you experienced rape

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
I didn't go the last show they played few years ago, but I heard they were acting like pussies. Greg was trying to woo the girls and was singing pretty. I saw them another time before that and he climbed up the light fictures and hung upside down like feet up and was going nuts. They were opening for Killswitch Engage, so the audience were a bunch of douche bags with no idea who DEP was. We walked out on killswitch, they were being very goony and the fans were helicoptering their dick around. It was a poo poo venue anyway. Hardcore shows got to be seen at a small club, not a big theater place.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Can we talk about how good Tera Melos is. Those guys are ridiculous.

crikster
Jul 13, 2012

start today
I never heard of them before now just looking them up on youtube. I love their gear. Kind of a Man or Astroman vibe....on ACID

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

They're touring with LITE in Japan because cool things don't really happen here

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
lol if you are trying to enjoy tonewoods without proper tonewood for your walls

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Ehh, I agree that tone woods are a bunch of bullshit snake oil, but that's just a better/different looking diffuser than what you'd normally see. He doesn't say or imply anything about the wood doing anything but looking better.

I'll admit, if I had the spare cash, I'd probably pick a few of those up, just to improve the aesthetics of my studio.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kind of looks like something you'd see in an architects office, or maybe a therapists waiting room. That price is pretty good though.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

These are legit. Go into any decent mixing or mastering room and there will be some sort of device that breaks up reflections. The wooden grid ones are neat - you can use crazy math to produce a distribution of pegs with an ideally controlled, non-pattern-forming amount of effect on the audio spectrum. They also look cool and are fairly inexpensive to build.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
My world is tumbling down

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
are you incredulous?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Well, it says it's made to work in any control room. I'll see if the guys at work need any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

The auditorium at my undergrad has walls similar to this.

• Locked thread