Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Ynglaur posted:

Is there any way to split an MO install across multiple disks. I seem to have managed to use around 100GB of mod files on my SSD, many of which are just combinations from installers for configurations I'm not currently using (e.g. Texture Pack A for ENB users; Texture Pack A for CoT users; Texture Pack A for ENB users who also use CoT; and so forth).

I'd like to move mods I'm unlikely to use to another disk, without needing to uninstall, re-install, etc. Is there an easy way to do this with symlinks or something?

Uh, copy the /ModOrganizer/Mods/<some mode> folder to the second disk then mklink /j <link name> <path> with name being the folder name and path being where you moved the folder to. I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I'm getting crashes to desktop when entering a fairly large area, while trying to do the second Dawnguard quest (where you have to take the girl home.)

Map screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/qUeqkHF.jpg (This is the northwest area of Skyrim.)

I can't go any further north than the south edge of Druadach Redoubt, and I can't go very far west of Widow's Watch Ruins without a CTD. Attempting to fast travel into the area crashes instantly, as does trying to get in via movetoqt. I tried turning on debug logs and got nothing useful. Here's my load order: http://pastebin.com/0iWQZ6Vx

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

m2pt5 posted:

I'm getting crashes to desktop when entering a fairly large area, while trying to do the second Dawnguard quest (where you have to take the girl home.)

Map screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/qUeqkHF.jpg (This is the northwest area of Skyrim.)

I can't go any further north than the south edge of Druadach Redoubt, and I can't go very far west of Widow's Watch Ruins without a CTD. Attempting to fast travel into the area crashes instantly, as does trying to get in via movetoqt. I tried turning on debug logs and got nothing useful. Here's my load order: http://pastebin.com/0iWQZ6Vx

Try this routine:

Open the console, and use the following commands:
coc qasmoke
pcb
set timescale to 1000000
Now close the console and sit there for a few moments until 31 in game days have passed, it should only take a few seconds. Open the console and type:
set timescale to 20

Save via the menu, then quit to desktop.

Restart, coc Riverwood and see if that fixes the problem.

Usually this is caused by something corrupt in that area. This clears the cached memory and forces that area to completely reset.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Being a late-adopting philistine, I recently bought Skyrim on Steam and am now just starting to play it. Should I be playing completely vanilla to begin with or should I be installing some of the baseline bug fixing mods from the OP immediately?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

Being a late-adopting philistine, I recently bought Skyrim on Steam and am now just starting to play it. Should I be playing completely vanilla to begin with or should I be installing some of the baseline bug fixing mods from the OP immediately?
Grab the unofficial patches and then play for a bit. An hour or somehting. Once you have a decent of idea of what it is you want to change, add, modify, whatever, start adding mods.

Important advice: Start small. The number one mistake people new to modding these games make is installing 100+ mods at once. If something goes wrong, you'll have no way to troubleshoot things. Install & test mods one at the time, or at least in small batches.
Also read readmes and the description pages of mods.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Raygereio posted:

Grab the unofficial patches and then play for a bit. An hour or somehting. Once you have a decent of idea of what it is you want to change, add, modify, whatever, start adding mods.

Important advice: Start small. The number one mistake people new to modding these games make is installing 100+ mods at once. If something goes wrong, you'll have no way to troubleshoot things. Install & test mods one at the time, or at least in small batches.
Also read readmes and the description pages of mods.

Should I do just the Unofficial Patches or everything in the "Fixes" section?

Also, the link for BOSS in the OP doesn't work and I can't find it ont he Nexus, so I don't know what's up with that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is there any way to fix the Blood on the ice quest and get it to start with an unofficial patch even after clearing everything else in the main game and all the DLC?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Try this routine:

Open the console, and use the following commands:
coc qasmoke
pcb
set timescale to 1000000
Now close the console and sit there for a few moments until 31 in game days have passed, it should only take a few seconds. Open the console and type:
set timescale to 20

Save via the menu, then quit to desktop.

Restart, coc Riverwood and see if that fixes the problem.

Usually this is caused by something corrupt in that area. This clears the cached memory and forces that area to completely reset.

Didn't work. I did all this then tried to fast travel to the mountain cave icon just below the quest destination icon on the picture I posted before and it still crashed during the load screen.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I ran Reproccer, which I had in the right directory and all, and all it's doing for me is reverting all of my weapon and armor values to the vanilla values instead of updating them to the SkyRe values, including reverting the vanilla weapons that had SkyRe values before I tried patching. How common is this problem and what did I do wrong this time?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Ignoranus posted:

Also, the link for BOSS in the OP doesn't work and I can't find it ont he Nexus, so I don't know what's up with that.

Try LOOT (Load Order Optimization Tool) instead, it does basically the same thing but actually looks at what mods change rather than using a static master list of mods, so it can adapt for new mods the maintainers haven't dealt with. (It still has a list, but it's very short compared to BOSS.)

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

m2pt5 posted:

Try LOOT (Load Order Optimization Tool) instead, it does basically the same thing but actually looks at what mods change rather than using a static master list of mods, so it can adapt for new mods the maintainers haven't dealt with. (It still has a list, but it's very short compared to BOSS.)

Is there a way to get LOOT to give me a mod order I can work with with Mod Organizer?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Ignoranus posted:

Is there a way to get LOOT to give me a mod order I can work with with Mod Organizer?

The newest versions of MO have LOOT built in. There's a 'Sort' button on top of the lefthand column.

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're launching it from MO, it should be seeing them already.

You would think that, except it's not happening. Only mods that are directly installed in skyrim/data/ are seen in the CK when I launch it. I've tried things like running it as an administrator (both the CK and MO) to c/p my plugins.ini file from MO into the base skyrim folder. Admin mode doesn't change anything, and having the plugins file just causes the CK to crash immediately on startup. I've been trying to find a solution to this for a bit and no dice.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

The Steak Justice posted:

So I ran Reproccer, which I had in the right directory and all, and all it's doing for me is reverting all of my weapon and armor values to the vanilla values instead of updating them to the SkyRe values, including reverting the vanilla weapons that had SkyRe values before I tried patching. How common is this problem and what did I do wrong this time?
Did you install and run reproccer through MO? Is everything enabled in MO that should be, left and right panels? And is your skyrim install in program files? Reproccer uses xml or ini files or something to figure out how things should be adjusted, are they where they should be? Do the reproccer debug logs have any errors in them?

Vasudus posted:

You would think that, except it's not happening. Only mods that are directly installed in skyrim/data/ are seen in the CK when I launch it. I've tried things like running it as an administrator (both the CK and MO) to c/p my plugins.ini file from MO into the base skyrim folder. Admin mode doesn't change anything, and having the plugins file just causes the CK to crash immediately on startup. I've been trying to find a solution to this for a bit and no dice.
The ck can load MO managed stuff fine but files created after you launch the ck won't be visible in it until you restart the ck. Which makes real modding a pain but is fine for little things.

So to double check you open MO, enabled the mods you want the ck to see, both left and right panel, and then run the ck through MO and it doesn't see your mods? Is skyrim installed in your program files folder?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vasudus posted:

The newest versions of MO have LOOT built in. There's a 'Sort' button on top of the lefthand column.

It works fine for me. Have you moved your install out of the program files directory?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LtSmash posted:

So to double check you open MO, enabled the mods you want the ck to see, both left and right panel, and then run the ck through MO and it doesn't see your mods? Is skyrim installed in your program files folder?

Yep, that's my process.

Agents are GO! posted:

It works fine for me. Have you moved your install out of the program files directory?

Nope, it's not installed to program files or any other protected directory. Skyrim is c:\games\steam, and MO is in the skyrim folder.

wall
Nov 23, 2007
like, a brick one.
I had the same problem for a while, did you have the Steam AppID in the modify executables settings?
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs under creation kit.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Ignoranus posted:

SkyUI is a must, I don't know how I lived without it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still can't get blood on the ice to start, any ideas? It's the last big quest I need to do in the with everything else completed.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I looked through the Nexus and Workshop and I can't find any mod that makes Vampires burn to ash when they die like in Buffy or Blade. I definitely used one in Oblivion and there may be buried in some other mod that does lots of things.

Entropic posted:

SkyUI is a must, I don't know how I lived without it.
Yeah, definitely go with some bug-fixing and such. If you like to play stealthy then you might also look into SkyTweak to stop enemies who haven't even detected you from getting sudden jedi reflexes while you try and snipe them.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I still can't get blood on the ice to start, any ideas? It's the last big quest I need to do in the with everything else completed.

Is nobody showing up in the Graveyard? If not then go leave town, go anywhere else and wait 24 hours. Go back to Windhelm and take a look. Rinse and Repeat until the event triggers.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Chaltab posted:

I looked through the Nexus and Workshop and I can't find any mod that makes Vampires burn to ash when they die like in Buffy or Blade. I definitely used one in Oblivion and there may be buried in some other mod that does lots of things.

Pretty sure Vampiric Thirst does that, if you want to install it for a single feature.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm wondering if added gear (immersive armor) is set to appear in the work or if some is craft only? There's some great great in these mods but I don't want to put points into Smith in all my characters just to get them.

Also that's more iron daggers than I want to think about.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Oh, yeah. It's specially wrangled to insert itself into leveled lists without actually mangling those actual, conflict-ridden leveled lists.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I've come across a pretty odd issue with draugur. Any of the proper mage type ones - I think they're the 'draugur warlock' class in the game files - just spend forever holding their spells ready to fire but doing nothing while I kill them. Other types, like the guys who fire ice at you from one hand, are still fine.

I use ASIS but I've added all my magic mods to the exclusion list, which doesn't seem to help. TesV Exit doesn't seem to think anything is altering the class either.

Something to do with SPERG perhaps? ASIS excludes SPERG perks, but some of the spells it gives out require perks (which are blocked)?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm running the mods that kill guards for "arrow to the knee"/"sweetrolls" comments, and on starting BonI the guard arrow'd just as I was about to interact - and so I found out that it was *that* guard, and no other, that would work for continuing the quest.

If that guard got killed in some manner - vampire or dragon attack, "guilty bystander" to another murder :ninja:, whatever, you might not be able to continue. I don't know if that would break it from the very beginning of the quest, however.

Might be worth opening the console and checking your quest progress - I don't recall the commands for that offhand (and can't check from work).

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Strategic Tea posted:

I've come across a pretty odd issue with draugur. Any of the proper mage type ones - I think they're the 'draugur warlock' class in the game files - just spend forever holding their spells ready to fire but doing nothing while I kill them. Other types, like the guys who fire ice at you from one hand, are still fine.

I use ASIS but I've added all my magic mods to the exclusion list, which doesn't seem to help. TesV Exit doesn't seem to think anything is altering the class either.

Something to do with SPERG perhaps? ASIS excludes SPERG perks, but some of the spells it gives out require perks (which are blocked)?

You can take the magic mods out of the exclusion lists. Its a bug with asis and draugr so the solution is to put draugr in the npc exclusion list. The draugr ai is set to fight with a weapon in one hand a spell in the left and in vanilla they only get left hand spells (there are special npc left or right hand only versions). But when asis gives them right handed spells they equip it and the AI thinks they don't have a valid weapon so they just kinda try and hug you to death. I've been meaning to fix it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yo Smash, someone beat you to a working degradation mod.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
It seems you can repair your weapons by dropping them on the ground for 30 seconds which is convenient but also seems to defeat any immersion gained from the system.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Considering that it's an engine limitation behind that issue, I'd say it's pretty decent overall.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

I saw that and was not especially enthused.
code:
Function Decay(Int i, Form[] MyArray, Int[] RatingList, Int[] CurRatingList, Float[] PercentList)
	PercentList[i] = PercentList[i] - 1.0
	Int NewRating = Round(RatingList[i] * (PercentList[i] / 100))
	If (MyArray[i] as Armor)
		(MyArray[i] as Armor).SetArmorRating(NewRating)
	Else
		(MyArray[i] as Weapon).SetBaseDamage(NewRating)
	EndIf
	CurRatingList[i] = NewRating
EndFunction
If your weapon degrades that entire weapon type degrades. Wear iron/steal weapons down to a nub and watch bandits not be able to hurt you. Based on the engine limitations there's only so much that can be done but I'm not a fan of that solution. I've been half meaning to make one that makes tempered weapons wear out at least since with skse 1.7.0 that's trivial but I'm not sure that's actually fun.

Also I started work on adding NPCs to CBash and discovered that it solves the problem of adding functions to manipulate each part of each record by having a single function per record type. Potions for example don't have stuff like getName, getValue, and getEffects but it has a single GetField() where you fill in whatever you want and it sees if that matches up with something it has and it gives you whatever that might be back. So to get the 2nd effect's power you do like power = somePotion.GetField(35, 1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0). gently caress.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Vasudus posted:

Holy poo poo, really? I had a nice load order working and then decided to add More Things, including Skyrim Unbound. I had a freeze within 5 minutes. I'm wondering if something like LOOT could make things more stable. Having it integrated into MO makes it far more convenient...I just need to figure out how to run ASIS, Lootification, etc. without running BOSS (I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere...I'll go find it later).

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

LtSmash posted:

You can take the magic mods out of the exclusion lists. Its a bug with asis and draugr so the solution is to put draugr in the npc exclusion list. The draugr ai is set to fight with a weapon in one hand a spell in the left and in vanilla they only get left hand spells (there are special npc left or right hand only versions). But when asis gives them right handed spells they equip it and the AI thinks they don't have a valid weapon so they just kinda try and hug you to death. I've been meaning to fix it.

That's really helpful, thanks!

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Ok, I've tried every combination of googling I can think of and can't find this, so I'm coming here because it has to exist.

Is there a mod that sets Dawnguard to start after the Main Quest is done? Dragonborn makes sense because the bad guy is after you personally and you just made yourself known. I hit level 10 just loving around Whiterun though, and suddenly I get a questchain that demands I find the main quest Elder Scroll/fight the greatest evils of the world...at level 10.

I tried just turning it off in my mod list, but of course that makes half my mods stop working.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Rookersh posted:

Ok, I've tried every combination of googling I can think of and can't find this, so I'm coming here because it has to exist.

Is there a mod that sets Dawnguard to start after the Main Quest is done? Dragonborn makes sense because the bad guy is after you personally and you just made yourself known. I hit level 10 just loving around Whiterun though, and suddenly I get a questchain that demands I find the main quest Elder Scroll/fight the greatest evils of the world...at level 10.

I tried just turning it off in my mod list, but of course that makes half my mods stop working.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26022/

I don't see an option to delay until after the main quest, but you can set it to start at levels 20, 30, etc.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Is there a mod that sets Dawnguard to start after the Main Quest is done?
Here you go.
This will delay activating the vampire attacks and Durak hunting you down until after you've completed the Dragonslayer quest. Didn't test it, but it should work just fine.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Here you go.
This will delay activating the vampire attacks and Durak hunting you down until after you've completed the Dragonslayer quest. Didn't test it, but it should work just fine.

You are the best. Judging by the name of this mod, I'm guessing you are also responsible for fixing the abomination Mirmulnir Arthmoor put in the game, which makes you the double best.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Ynglaur posted:

Holy poo poo, really? I had a nice load order working and then decided to add More Things, including Skyrim Unbound. I had a freeze within 5 minutes. I'm wondering if something like LOOT could make things more stable. Having it integrated into MO makes it far more convenient...I just need to figure out how to run ASIS, Lootification, etc. without running BOSS (I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere...I'll go find it later).

If you aren't using BOSS at all you can uninstall it and then hit cancel when skyproc asks you to find it. If you want to keep it installed add -NOBOSS at the end of the arguments entry (outside the quotes) in the MO executable window for the patcher. ASIS won't run it at all if you have the newest version.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I hosed something up with my Reproccer patch. Everything is working appropriately now, but all the potions are instant heal instead of heal over time. It seems like that's the only problem but what can I do about this? I can't find a specific conflict about it.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Is there a simple mod that removes the "feature" where once you have done a quest for someone, you can go into their home/place of business and rob them blind?

It is pretty immersion breaking for me. I could see getting a discount at a store, but not being able to go into Arcadia's Cauldron and steal every ingredient that's left out, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Mistikman posted:

Is there a simple mod that removes the "feature" where once you have done a quest for someone, you can go into their home/place of business and rob them blind?

It is pretty immersion breaking for me. I could see getting a discount at a store, but not being able to go into Arcadia's Cauldron and steal every ingredient that's left out, for example.

You could just not steal...

• Locked thread