Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Everblight posted:

Masques block was a different time, man. 1/3's for 3 were banned, and everything was slow as poo poo.
Wait, did anyone ever attack with Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

LordSaturn posted:

That name is some garbage, but I will gladly replace my old foil Plague Wind with this thing. (supposing it's real etc spoilers start next week)

LordSaturn posted:

That name is some garbage, but I will gladly replace my old foil Plague Wind with this thing. (supposing it's real etc spoilers start next week)

Why add the word "In"? Should just be "Garruk's Wake."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I guess that's a thing to cast off Nykthos.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Angry Grimace posted:

Because we're not going to Garruk's funeral.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

whydirt posted:

Maybe you're not. :getin:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

whydirt posted:

But we did go to Mirari's?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Snacksmaniac posted:

I guess that's a thing to cast off Nykthos.

It seems like if you're at 9 mana from Nykthos your board state should be pretty ridiculous already anyway.

I think I'd much rather cast Polukranos and monstrous for 2 on the same turn to eat some small creature than try to cast this Plague Wind, because while plague wind is better in that case it's worse in every other game when you don't get to 9 mana. I can just cast Polukranos on turn 3 off an Elvish Mystic and be pretty happy, if that Polukranos in my hand was a Plague Wind it's rotting there for a bunch more turns and not helping my board state. If you can live long enough to cast it it's great, but that's a big if when you're gumming up your hand with 9 mana spells.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
These have been floating around for a while, new art Garruk and Jace playmats. Are they the final card arts? Maybe, but they look like legit magic mats.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cuz we just can't LIVE without a new Jace in every standard!

Watch it be named "Jace, Guildpact"

Where's the Chandra, Pyromaster reprint. :reject:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The Garruk playmat actually looks very similar to the Wake art.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is that from that spellslingers show? I hope that means more episodes. I enjoy day[9] so much.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Entropic posted:

It seems like if you're at 9 mana from Nykthos your board state should be pretty ridiculous already anyway.

I think I'd much rather cast Polukranos and monstrous for 2 on the same turn to eat some small creature than try to cast this Plague Wind, because while plague wind is better in that case it's worse in every other game when you don't get to 9 mana. I can just cast Polukranos on turn 3 off an Elvish Mystic and be pretty happy, if that Polukranos in my hand was a Plague Wind it's rotting there for a bunch more turns and not helping my board state. If you can live long enough to cast it it's great, but that's a big if when you're gumming up your hand with 9 mana spells.

Hey wow thanks a lot killjoy
I just wish Lili 3 had something good to cast. Probably won't even see Consume Spirit in super standard because of Nykthos.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Entropic posted:

Drawing this in your opening hand would SUCK.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

So nice when you're already drafting Goblins and your third pack rare is Goblin Lackey. I wish I got more than one Goblin General, but a playset of Goblin Matrons kind of counts.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, I pulled a loving Jace of all things in my opening pack of a draft. I didn't even realize he was in it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
"I've been a little down on tournament legacy, maybe looking at the invitational top 8 will give me some new ideas for some new deck or some cool tech to pu-"

http://sales.starcitygames.com/deck...tion=Show+Decks

Welp. :v: I think Delver might be on it's way out, you guys.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

BaronVonVaderham posted:

So nice when you're already drafting Goblins and your third pack rare is Goblin Lackey. I wish I got more than one Goblin General, but a playset of Goblin Matrons kind of counts.

Goblins is fun. I went 2-1 with this deck:

Not the best but it pulled through, lost to a madness deck barfing out Arrogant Wurms on the back of a Waterfront Bouncer.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

TheKingofSprings posted:

"I've been a little down on tournament legacy, maybe looking at the invitational top 8 will give me some new ideas for some new deck or some cool tech to pu-"

That's actually the Legacy Open, the Invitational Top 8 was Standard (though they all had Legacy decks too, which you can see here.

And then there's the decks that specifically did well in the Legacy portion of the Invitational, seen here.

The Open top 8 did have an insane number of Delver decks, though most of them were gone by the top 4 and none of them won.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

That was the Open Top 8 :ssh:

The actual invitational looked quite a bit different, and does actually have some wacky tech and hijinks.

e: fb

edit2:

Attorney at Funk posted:

The Open top 8 did have an insane number of Delver decks, though most of them were gone by the top 4 and none of them won.
I'm not sure how much I'd read into this though, given that it was mathematically impossible to avoid having a bunch of Delver decks eliminated immediately (as they were 6 of the 8).

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 16, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is that Death and Taxes I see at the top? :allears: My favorite legacy deck type winning? Oh joy!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Angry Grimace posted:

Speak for yourself, they're going to find me passed-out drunk in the grave, on top of the coffin. Garruk would have wanted it that way.

Bugsy posted:

These have been floating around for a while, new art Garruk and Jace playmats. Are they the final card arts? Maybe, but they look like legit magic mats.

Jace looks very dark. Undoubtedly he's also been corrupted and will require a lengthy redemption arc.

Or maybe he's just brooding real hard.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Cuz we just can't LIVE without a new Jace in every standard!

Watch it be named "Jace, Guildpact"

Where's the Chandra, Pyromaster reprint. :reject:
According to MaRo he's the most popular Planeswalker so expect to see him a lot! I don't really get why people here hate him so much, is it because of JTMS or is it some lore thing I missed?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Retcon posted:

According to MaRo he's the most popular Planeswalker so expect to see him a lot! I don't really get why people here hate him so much, is it because of JTMS or is it some lore thing I missed?

He's an arrogant, smug prick who Wizards puts in the spotlight a helluva lot.

Every flavor text involving him is him saying something extremely Anime Rival Smug levels of Smug.

It'd be acceptable if he did things that warranted his lovely personality like, being a villain. But instead of that he gets to be put in the Mary Sue limelight as The Know All End All Of Rules On Ravnica. Sure.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Retcon posted:

JtMS, plus his popularity is a reflection of everything we hate about ourselves.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Retcon posted:

He's insufferable like most magic players (statistically, including you). Imagine Literally The Worst crossed with Zoness, only magical.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 16, 2014

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Quote isn't edit.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Count Bleck posted:

He's an arrogant, smug prick who Wizards puts in the spotlight a helluva lot.

Every flavor text involving him is him saying something extremely Anime Rival Smug levels of Smug.

It'd be acceptable if he did things that warranted his lovely personality like, being a villain. But instead of that he gets to be put in the Mary Sue limelight as The Know All End All Of Rules On Ravnica. Sure.

I will go with, "Reasons Jace can DIAF" for $1000 Alex.

This hits the bullseye on why I hate Jace.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

I will be okay with this if it meant we got a 5-color walker out of him.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Jace rules. "Dude who glows blue, and has Aspergers" is an indispensable wizard archetype.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I guess I can see why some people think Jace is insufferable but I find him kind of endearing. He's a huge dork who managed to luck into power and tries to be all mysterious. The whole Guildpact thing was dumb as hell but outside of that he didn't have much impact on the storylines (as far as I know).

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Retcon posted:

He's boring as poo poo and his flavor text is generic smug blue mage. You could replace almost every flavor text that's a Jace quote with previous smug blue mage Ertai or just leave it unattributed and nothing would change. He's a teenage power fantasy if that fantasy is just being an rear end in a top hat.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Count Bleck posted:

To be fair, while the job title is pretty sweet, the actual job is something akin to an overworked bureaucrat that everyone yells at.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

KidDynamite posted:

Is that from that spellslingers show? I hope that means more episodes. I enjoy day[9] so much.

Yup!

https://twitter.com/day9tv/status/478323550835576834

"Just finished filming Season 2 of Spellslingers! Got to see the new planeswalker cards. Holy. poo poo."

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

LordSaturn posted:

Looks like it is the launch promo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

Jace rules. "Dude who glows blue, and has Aspergers" is an indispensable wizard archetype.

He's still not quite Gideon. I'd go gay for Gideon.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bugsy posted:

Looks like it is the launch promo.

Does anybody know how to translate that?

I'm curious to know what Garruk has or is being served by now.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Count Bleck posted:

Something about anime, clearly.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Jace is actually the first guy to want rare redrafting, so hope that helps

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Count Bleck posted:

It's just another posting of this

PrinnySquadron posted:

Has this been posted yet? It's been going around tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Gyshall posted:

Jace is actually the first guy to want rare redrafting, so hope that helps

He's also the guy that fills out the results slip wrong and slips it to you to sign, hoping you won't notice.

• Locked thread