Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Gishin posted:

They should have gone the manga route.

Is this the secret ending to Other M?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I haven't played or seen any of the Other M cutscenes! I consider myself lucky, because I loving loved the Prime trilogy.

I do wish someone at Nintendo would acknowledge that Other M was a mis-step, though.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just read that Forbes article and I saw this:

:unsmith:
Miyamoto's the best goddamn person...

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I think part of what makes people like Nintendo so much is that a lot of the people who are there seem like pretty cool people.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Hey, did Noggle do ET 2014 yet?

Archives:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3554248
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3488837

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Music Theory posted:

I think part of what makes people like Nintendo so much is that a lot of the people who are there seem like pretty cool people.

Also that the genuinely seem to play and enjoy their own games (even if that's not true). Like when the other CEOs come to talk about whatever they just seem like marketing people.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Excels posted:

Is this the secret ending to Other M?

No thats the reaction of anyone who played Other M

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
Did anyone here happen to snap any photos of the Evolve setup at the Microsoft Booth? I worked that booth all 3 days, but don't have any pictures of it, or myself talking to people there.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Grasshopper finally explained what the hell Let It Die is. Here, here's a handy diagram they had at hand:

Don't get it? It's simple: When you die, your character is uploaded to the DEATH CLOUD where it'll become an enemy in other players' games. All those enemies running around in your game? Other dead players. Sort of like Bones files in Nethack, I guess!?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Just found it
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642138

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maybe it's because I haven't seen the game in forever, but Let It Die gave me Thrillkill vibes.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

The Kins posted:

Grasshopper finally explained what the hell Let It Die is. Here, here's a handy diagram they had at hand:

*image snip*

Don't get it? It's simple: When you die, your character is uploaded to the DEATH CLOUD where it'll become an enemy in other players' games. All those enemies running around in your game? Other dead players. Sort of like Bones files in Nethack, I guess!?

That's actually pretty cool.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

The Kins posted:

"I LOOOOOVEEE DEATH!"

This is a pretty great concept, I hope this comes to the PC eventually.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

The Kins posted:

Grasshopper finally explained what the hell Let It Die is.

So when everyone else starts dying, it's because whoever got the game first sucks? I hate that guy!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Suspicious Cook posted:

So when everyone else starts dying, it's because whoever got the game first sucks? I hate that guy!

But what kills the first player? And if everyone starts with nothing, how can you kill others to get their equipment, where does it come from?!

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

But what kills the first player? And if everyone starts with nothing, how can you kill others to get their equipment, where does it come from?!

The entire game is just a big arena with a bottomless pit as a moat. The first guy jumps in the pit because he's bored.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Maybe the entire thing starts out with you fighting an enemy you have no hope of defeating, thus the first death of the first player is the first person to hit New Game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Maybe during development, they'll have the playtesters commit harakiri on their characters. And thus begins the endless cycle of Death Cloud (trademarked).

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

It's free to play, so presumably it'll be purchased.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

The Kins posted:

So like Forza's drivatars? Instead of A.I., endless player ghosts acting like retarded assholes?

Sign me up.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

t3h z0r posted:

So like Forza's drivatars? Instead of A.I., endless player ghosts acting like retarded assholes?

Sign me up.

I think the ghosts kind of have to be AI controlled, because otherwise you wouldn't get hurt at all unless you suck and just run into one.

Although, actually, I guess, given enough ghosts, they wouldn't have to be AI controlled for this...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

I totally suggested Dark Souls should do this like a year ago :colbert:

Sounds neat :)

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's a Grasshopper game so the odds of the combat not being terrible are pretty low but it's a great concept.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Surlaw posted:

It's a Grasshopper game so the odds of the combat not being terrible are pretty low but it's a great concept.

I'm sure it will be full on Japanese wackiness but actually a godawful game like pretty much everything else they produce.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Suda will probably have very little to do with it like he has with every Grasshopper game since No More Heroes.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

So when's Suda gonna, y'know, actually make a game instead of just plopping his name on whatever Grasshopper makes?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

YourAverageJoe posted:

So when's Suda gonna, y'know, actually make a game instead of just plopping his name on whatever Grasshopper makes?

When he stops swimming through his pile of PS4's, Scrooge McDuck style.

He should definitely team up with Shinji Mikami again. Killer7 was great, but Shadows of the Damned had too much meddling by EA. Mikami also makes fantastic games with campy stories, but if Suda wrote something as good as Killer7 or Flower, Sun, and Rain again, it would be brilliant.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I could go for another No More Heroes, those were pretty good.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I would like a sequel to LC please

with 100% less James Gunn and 100% more Suda.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Help Im Alive posted:

I could go for another No More Heroes, those were pretty good.

"Way More Heroes", a four player co-op experience.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Actually nevermind.

I know how to use Google.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Incidentally, GameTrailers just laid off like 2/3rds of their staff after E3, in the wake of their acquisition by another company, so it's possible we've seen the last of Geoff Doritomann covering E3 on Spike TV.

But based on the amount of coverage E3 got from IGN, Gamespot, Twitch, and even Nintendo and Sony themselves, it's probably not a huge loss other than the sad loss of all the trainwreck potential that Gametrailers always brought themselves.

RIP giraffe with bowtie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quest For Glory II posted:

Incidentally, GameTrailers just laid off like 2/3rds of their staff after E3, in the wake of their acquisition by another company, so it's possible we've seen the last of Geoff Doritomann covering E3 on Spike TV.

But based on the amount of coverage E3 got from IGN, Gamespot, Twitch, and even Nintendo and Sony themselves, it's probably not a huge loss other than the sad loss of all the trainwreck potential that Gametrailers always brought themselves.

RIP giraffe with bowtie.
Who bought them? I read about the layoffs earlier on Twitter but I didn't know why that happened.

And I guess that means no more GTTV on Spike? Not that I was a frequent watcher but it was cool to see that kind of stuff on TV every now and then.

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

Geoff is probably the one person GT wouldn't consider laying off, he's the face of their company these days.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Dart posted:

Geoff is probably the one person GT wouldn't consider laying off, he's the face of their company these days.

One cannot just oust His Holiness

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

Only when white smoke rises from Gametrailers HQ will we know that a new leader has arisen to guide us in our retail purchases.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Geoff doesn't work for GameTrailers and wasn't affected by the layoffs.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dart posted:

Only when white smoke rises from Gametrailers HQ will we know that a new leader has arisen to guide us in our retail purchases.

While the Council of Dew has been busy as of late, I believe they convene on the next Day of Radicalness in August.

I wonder which name Cardinal Geoff will take. Historical succession would seem to indicate he may take the title His Holiness Pope Dew VII, but he's more of a progressive leader, and this may lead him to choose the title The Most Beatific Pope Doritoman II.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

That loving Sned posted:

When he stops swimming through his pile of PS4's, Scrooge McDuck style.

He should definitely team up with Shinji Mikami again. Killer7 was great, but Shadows of the Damned had too much meddling by EA. Mikami also makes fantastic games with campy stories, but if Suda wrote something as good as Killer or Flower, Sun, and Rain again, it would be brilliant.

Ps4 dude was swery, the guy behind deadly premonition. I assume you mean the picture of that guy smug with thrones of parks behind him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

So (not counting Nintendo because they did their own thing which was way better) how would you guys grade this year's E3 in terms of entertainment?

Can include cringe-factor

• Locked thread