Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I'm just pleased to see that Fantasy Flight is still able to put out "Legends" EU content. With the whole switchover to Story Group canon and the like, there was a very real chance that FFG would have to make all their products compliant with the "only stuff from the movies, Clone Wars and future material" rule.

It probably helps that as yet they aren't CREATING any new Legends content, just releasing stuff that already exists in Legends within the X-Wing Miniatures game framework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Dash seems super expensive in the Outrider for what he brings; maybe I'm just being obtuse.

Also comedy option: He ignores terrain despite getting killed by... Flying through terrain.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

It's not about moving 20 extra meters forward, it's movement during a set timeframe: the extra distance represents acceleration for s small amount of time before the pilot/y-wing can't take it anymore.

The timeframe for each move would have to be something ridiculously short. Like half a second per move given how fast these things fly in the movie.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
All told, I think FFG had done a decent job of striking a balance between fluff and playability. A certain level of abstraction is necessary otherwise you get a nightmare of a game that takes hours to play. See Axis and Allies as opposed to any number of WW 2 tabletop games. Not that the crazy detail doesn't have a place, but it's not a recipe for making a broadly accessible and popular game.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

WAR FOOT posted:

Dash seems super expensive in the Outrider for what he brings; maybe I'm just being obtuse.

Also comedy option: He ignores terrain despite getting killed by... Flying through terrain.

It is super expensive, it'll open up some pretty weird early game flanking options *maybe*. I think the YT-2400 is overhyped and as soon as the pubbie forums stops making GBS threads their pants over it I think they'll see it's interesting but it doesn't seem amazing.

Now as far as Rebels vs Imperials, the VT-49 "Bad Guy Falcon" will be something else. If it doesn't collapse like a wet paper bag I think it'll open up extremely viable 3 ship lists along the vein of HSF.

Crudeboy
Jun 1, 2010
My local store is finally doing Imdaar Alpha tomorrow evening, and I'm sitting here fiddling with my first tournament list. I've played only a handful of friendly games with a buddy (and lost every single one of them), and after just finishing my first game over VASSAL (ditto), I'm fairly confident that I'm getting a decent understanding of the game.

Here's what I'm working with thus far, submitted for critique. This is basically what I ran for the VASSAL game, and I felt I did fairly well despite getting stomped. I think my biggest hurdles at the moment are efficient maneuvering and remembering to use my upgrades. I'm very much a "rule of cool" type of guy and really dig some A-wings, but said buddy has pretty much everything FFG's put out and has kindly offered to let me use anything that he isn't bringing tomorrow.

code:
============
Tournament
============

93 points

Pilots
------

Green Squadron Pilot (27)
A-Wing (19), Assault Missiles (5), Push the Limit (3)

Green Squadron Pilot (27)
A-Wing (19), Assault Missiles (5), Push the Limit (3)

Ten Numb (39)
B-Wing (31), Advanced Sensors (3), Autoblaster (5)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It's an interesting set-up, I can see what you are trying to do with each ship. I think the problems you'll have to address is a) the large amount of squad points left over and b) overall hitting power.

B-Wings are great and I like them, I haven't seen Autoblasters do amazingly well but your mileage may vary and I think it allows for blistering range 1 shots especially when paired with Ten Numb, whose ability compliments the use of Autoblasters. The real trick will be defintely be getting and staying at range 1 which might be harder if you are facing PtL Interceptors. The Green Squadron Pilots are pretty generic and will not like matchups against Falcons. You'll have to stay out of firing arcs to survive but if carefully flown they should do alright, they should be maneuverable at the very least and the rear end missiles have a little bit of teeth but probably require the TL + Focus for maximum fun and that'll leave you exposed.

Off the top of my head you can either upgrade an A-Wing to Tycho or give Ten Numb an EPT. You could even use someone like Ibtisam who loves stress for a bit more 'interesting' but you've found a list that you like and works for you, I don't want to change the composition too much because it'll affect how it'll fly.

How well did you do in the VASSAL game? Are you being put in the own-zone completely or barely losing?

Crudeboy
Jun 1, 2010

Leo Showers posted:

It's an interesting set-up, I can see what you are trying to do with each ship. I think the problems you'll have to address is a) the large amount of squad points left over and b) overall hitting power.

Yeah, I was wondering what to do with those left over points. I was thinking bumping up to a named A-Wing pilot, but I kind of like keeping the same PS between the two so they can pretty much act together. I took Tycho for the online game and, truth be told, got absolutely nothing special out of the guy.

Firepower outside of the one-shot missiles is a bit of a concern too, I suppose. I got a good number of primary shots off with the Green, but I can attribute some of that to focusing. A plain 2-die attack does seem a little weedy.

quote:

B-Wings are great and I like them, I haven't seen Autoblasters do amazingly well but your mileage may vary and I think it allows for blistering range 1 shots especially when paired with Ten Numb, whose ability compliments the use of Autoblasters. The real trick will be defintely be getting and staying at range 1 which might be harder if you are facing PtL Interceptors. The Green Squadron Pilots are pretty generic and will not like matchups against Falcons. You'll have to stay out of firing arcs to survive but if carefully flown they should do alright, they should be maneuverable at the very least and the rear end missiles have a little bit of teeth but probably require the TL + Focus for maximum fun and that'll leave you exposed.

I was actually pretty pleased with the Numb-Autoblasters combo in this last game. Granted, my friend was playing a heavily armored but slow-moving squad. It was a no-name Lambda with Vader as crew, a Bomber with Jonus, and a Bounty Hunter Firespray with a merc copilot and anti-pursuit lasers. The short range on the Autos spooked me at first, but I was able to stay right on the Firespray and Bomber, and managed to pound the Firespray pretty decently. I can definitely see this being trickier against Interceptors and such though.

As for the Assault missiles, I figured they would be sort of a happy medium with the same punch as Concussions, but with the ability to hopefully soften up any swarms I come across. My main problem is just remembering to use the damned things. I can think of at least three opportunities my last game for putting them to good use. Having to most likely split up my TLs and Focuses on different turns may indeed be a little rough, as I make heavy use of PTL for boosts, barrel rolls, and generally boogieing my rear end out of the way of anything bigger.

quote:

Off the top of my head you can either upgrade an A-Wing to Tycho or give Ten Numb an EPT. You could even use someone like Ibtisam who loves stress for a bit more 'interesting' but you've found a list that you like and works for you, I don't want to change the composition too much because it'll affect how it'll fly.

How well did you do in the VASSAL game? Are you being put in the own-zone completely or barely losing?

Paring this down a little more, I might be able to shoehorn a rookie X-wing in there. I would have to drop the B-wing to a Dagger pilot or lower, but it would get another ship out there for screening and a little extra firepower. I'll tinker with it some.

I felt I did fairly well overall, despite getting stomped pretty badly all at once very late in the game. We managed to create a big corner dogpile with my A-wings, the Firespray and TIE-B, and the Firespray just started flicking them away at close range.

I think recognizing where I made mistakes was the biggest thing I walked away with from this one. I feel I eventually let my A-wings run just a little too far away from my B, and then after a mishap with an asteroid, too far from each other. I kept my opponent chasing after me for the majority of the game, taking potshots with the A-wings while working Ten Numb up behind them. I didn't down any ships, but did manage to make some pretty satisfying holes.

Thanks for the input!

Crudeboy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 14, 2014

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
So. The Decimator. Imma call him Dessy.

Looking it over, it looks like it has a left (and presumably right) bank 2 green. I'm guessing that it's going to be similar to the TIE Fighter though, and won't be able to do 1 banks, rather than having bank 1 and 2 green banks. Which makes the turret primary quite important, to help keep more agile enemies from just keeping out of your arc of fire. I'm not really optimistic about the lack of even a single Agility die. Even the Lambda has one, are they honestly saying this thing's almost as easy to hit as the CR-90? Yeah it's got 16 total hits it can take, but 3/4 of those are hull which means a greater chance of taking and feeling the effects of criticals. I can think of two reasons why lacking a single defense die is a bad idea off the top of my head.

One, it means that the ship will probably go down a lot faster than its high hull and moderate shields would lead you to believe. With an initial cost likely somewhere in the low to mid thirties, and the additions of up to 3 crew, I think it's going to easily hit 40 points or more on average. However, every hit or crit the enemy rolls is straight to the ship. Meaning there is a known, calculable maximum number of hits the enemy has to roll before the ship dies. If they get a Direct Hit! crit, then it will die even sooner. Granted, at range 3 it will get an additional defense die, so I guess there is theoretically no easy way to calculate the number of hits the enemy has to roll, but I think in practice the enemy will either be firing mostly at range 1-2, or be using secondary weapons at range 3. Unlike ships with Agility, which can null enemy attacks to prolong their lives, the Decimator has not that luxury. And I don't think it will make for a very good Corvette hunter, if the enemy takes a Turbolaser; 0 agility x 2 is still 0, and without range penalty giving you defense dice, since it's a secondary weapon... it's gonna hurt.

Two, it means that there's not really anything for the Decimator's player to do during the enemy's attacks. This may seem unimportant, but I assure you, it is a big, big thing. In X-wing, until now (baring Epic matches with huge ships) you would always have some way to interact with the opponent's shooting. You had your defense dice, which let you have a shot at evading some damage. This keeps play interesting even during the opponent's shooting, more so than the interest of "did he kill my dude?". It adds suspense and tension to every attack, to that already existing after the attack dice have been rolled. With the Decimator, baring primary attacks at range 3, you won't be getting that. I predict that, while this won't make the ship noticeably less used by itself, it will make it feel less fun.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Quick rules question. When you end the shooting phase and you "clean up" what all stays on the board besides target locks? I could have sworn you could horde up evade and or focus tokens as well.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Quick rules question. When you end the shooting phase and you "clean up" what all stays on the board besides target locks? I could have sworn you could horde up evade and or focus tokens as well.

Stress Tokens, and Ion Tokens (if they weren't removed in the movement phase). Unused circular tokens are lost. You can't dodge a shot because you were being slippery 30 seconds ago.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Poopy Palpy posted:

Stress Tokens, and Ion Tokens (if they weren't removed in the movement phase). Unused circular tokens are lost. You can't dodge a shot because you were being slippery 30 seconds ago.

Unless you have a specific stated exception, such as the Moldy Crow title for the HWK which lets you keep focus tokens.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Shoeless posted:

So. The Decimator. Imma call him Dessy.

Looking it over, it looks like it has a left (and presumably right) bank 2 green. I'm guessing that it's going to be similar to the TIE Fighter though, and won't be able to do 1 banks, rather than having bank 1 and 2 green banks. Which makes the turret primary quite important, to help keep more agile enemies from just keeping out of your arc of fire. I'm not really optimistic about the lack of even a single Agility die. Even the Lambda has one, are they honestly saying this thing's almost as easy to hit as the CR-90? Yeah it's got 16 total hits it can take, but 3/4 of those are hull which means a greater chance of taking and feeling the effects of criticals. I can think of two reasons why lacking a single defense die is a bad idea off the top of my head.

One, it means that the ship will probably go down a lot faster than its high hull and moderate shields would lead you to believe. With an initial cost likely somewhere in the low to mid thirties, and the additions of up to 3 crew, I think it's going to easily hit 40 points or more on average. However, every hit or crit the enemy rolls is straight to the ship. Meaning there is a known, calculable maximum number of hits the enemy has to roll before the ship dies. If they get a Direct Hit! crit, then it will die even sooner. Granted, at range 3 it will get an additional defense die, so I guess there is theoretically no easy way to calculate the number of hits the enemy has to roll, but I think in practice the enemy will either be firing mostly at range 1-2, or be using secondary weapons at range 3. Unlike ships with Agility, which can null enemy attacks to prolong their lives, the Decimator has not that luxury. And I don't think it will make for a very good Corvette hunter, if the enemy takes a Turbolaser; 0 agility x 2 is still 0, and without range penalty giving you defense dice, since it's a secondary weapon... it's gonna hurt.

Two, it means that there's not really anything for the Decimator's player to do during the enemy's attacks. This may seem unimportant, but I assure you, it is a big, big thing. In X-wing, until now (baring Epic matches with huge ships) you would always have some way to interact with the opponent's shooting. You had your defense dice, which let you have a shot at evading some damage. This keeps play interesting even during the opponent's shooting, more so than the interest of "did he kill my dude?". It adds suspense and tension to every attack, to that already existing after the attack dice have been rolled. With the Decimator, baring primary attacks at range 3, you won't be getting that. I predict that, while this won't make the ship noticeably less used by itself, it will make it feel less fun.

It comes with some kind of Sensor Jammer and Evade tokens. Let's wait and see on this.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

alg posted:

It comes with some kind of Sensor Jammer and Evade tokens. Let's wait and see on this.

Even so, that still leaves my second point. There's not nearly as much tension and suspense in just using a token to negate an attack as there is to rolling a die. However if they can be more survivable, dice or not, then that's certainly something I'll be glad of make no mistake.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

As much as Dash Rendar is the Poochy of Star Wars, I do love the idea of what is essentially a Falcon with a swappable turret.

I've been pondering Mara Jade in X-Wing. Since she flies a Headhunter in her stories, I wonder if they do an "Aces" where Imperials get extremely limited access to Rebel ships, and vice versa.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Played in the regionals at the FFG flagship store today. 77 players, including a former world champ, current North American champ, bunch of top 16 worlds players, and almost a dozen top 8 players from the Omaha and Milwaukee regionals.

Ended up going 6-1 in Swiss, along with another local friend. Played the North American champ in top 8 and JUST edged out a win. At that point I was exhausted and top 4, so I just straight up jousted the last game so one way or another it would go quick. Lost, but got my dice, evades, and movement templates!

I flew 2 Daggers with Advanced Sensors, a Red Squadron, and a Gold with Ion Turret.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I'm still disappointed that they chose the B-Wing for Rebel Aces instead of the Y-Wing. The B-Wing is clearly competitive enough and probably didn't need any help with Crew or anything.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Leo Showers posted:

I'm still disappointed that they chose the B-Wing for Rebel Aces instead of the Y-Wing. The B-Wing is clearly competitive enough and probably didn't need any help with Crew or anything.

Come to think of it... it's probably too soon for this to be a serious consideration, but what about an Imperial Aces MK II or something? Phantom and Defender, both definitely only given to highly skilled pilots. While they do already come with a pair of unique pilots, I'd be interested to see an expansion that adds another one or two each. Possibly with some new upgrade cards? While Imperial Aces already covers Interceptors, I would also be really happy if such a theoretical Imp Ace 2 came with new ship Modifications, which would ideally give a boost to use of the Royal Guard title for TIE Interceptors, which seems to go nigh completely unused. While such modifications would be usable by any ship, certainly the ones in 2, it would still give a boost to Royal TIEs, which I'd like to see. I don't think it would lead to necessarily making heavily used ones like Soontir even more powerful, as adding additional mod(s) would increase costs, but I really would love if it became competitively viable to use sort of, custom generic Royal Pilots who are differentiated by what hull mods they get.

Also, on a completely different topic, I happen to like Dash Rendar, if only because when I read Shadow of the Empire when I was younger he seemed cool. I felt sad when he could not destroy the missile. The recent LP of his game has helped too. After all, who doesn't remember the time Dash totally fought Boba Fett and beat him up, and then again in round 2 where Boba was in the Slave 1 and he was still on foot? Such an iconic part of the Star Wars EU! :v:

Aristocrat
Dec 24, 2005

Shoeless posted:

Come to think of it... it's probably too soon for this to be a serious consideration, but what about an Imperial Aces MK II or something? Phantom and Defender, both definitely only given to highly skilled pilots. While they do already come with a pair of unique pilots, I'd be interested to see an expansion that adds another one or two each. Possibly with some new upgrade cards? While Imperial Aces already covers Interceptors, I would also be really happy if such a theoretical Imp Ace 2 came with new ship Modifications, which would ideally give a boost to use of the Royal Guard title for TIE Interceptors, which seems to go nigh completely unused. While such modifications would be usable by any ship, certainly the ones in 2, it would still give a boost to Royal TIEs, which I'd like to see. I don't think it would lead to necessarily making heavily used ones like Soontir even more powerful, as adding additional mod(s) would increase costs, but I really would love if it became competitively viable to use sort of, custom generic Royal Pilots who are differentiated by what hull mods they get.

Imperial Aces 2 should be Advanced + Defender in my opinion. The Advanced could use a leg up and it's a crime that there's no Maarek Stele Defender pilot.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Aristocrat posted:

Imperial Aces 2 should be Advanced + Defender in my opinion. The Advanced could use a leg up and it's a crime that there's no Maarek Stele Defender pilot.

Yeah, I could see that. The Phantom does seem like it needs less help than the Defender and Advanced.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Today was a good day. Went into the three LGS in Manchester today in search of promos to look at and possibly buy if able, as I missed our Imdaar Alpha event but I heard all the stores got sent some:

Store 1 (I don't like it much, it's pretty nerdtastic in terms of odour, the owner is 'Comic Book Guy' down to a loving tee, and frankly is also a cliquey dickbag) ran the event, but only had three people turn up. Guy at the counter calls the owner, who thinks the winner might have taken two ships instead of one, but pretty much broadcast the view that the reality is he's holding onto it.

Store 2 (General comic book store, doesn't really do games, but I know they've stocked X-Wing so I drop by on the off-chance) has no idea where theirs are, though they're sure they received some. After making it clear I'd be willing to buy them, I'm not just on the scrounge they make a perfunctory attempt to look, but don't seem to be bothered. I eventually give up, still frustrated.

Store 3 (Comic book store again, but they stock a lot of miniatures & RPG's, they just don't play them there) I know has some, as I saw them last week. He was debating whether to sell them to me then, but said he'd probably crack them open and use them as display pieces. I'm cool with this, at least he's putting them to use, and as I walk in I see they're hung up, so good job in my opinion. Then a flash of insight hits me...

"Hey, what did you do with the packaging and the cards they come with?"
"Oh, nothing. I don't play, and I don't need them, do you want them?"
"Uuuuh... suuuure?"

Cue receiving for nothing one bag with all the cards for all four packs, including upgrade cards (Advanced Sensors!) dials, etc. just for the princely sum of 'asking, and not being a dick'. Result! Now, to hit up Shapeways for a few Z-95's!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So i think i've asked this before, but what are you guys using to hold all your figures/cards/other knicknacks? The Start Set boxes are getting crowded and will eventually not cover it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i think i've asked this before, but what are you guys using to hold all your figures/cards/other knicknacks? The Start Set boxes are getting crowded and will eventually not cover it.

Depending on the size of your collection:

small
medium
large

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Much obliged good sir! Hah i like that Amazon even says that most people bought the medium one and then a few ships together.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

When I outgrew my 2 small cases, I upgrade to this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Angled-Tackle-System/15904153

It's big as hell and can fit all my small/large ships no problem. The two cases on the side are empty ready for more ships, all the other cases are half full.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

pbpancho posted:

Played in the regionals at the FFG flagship store today. 77 players, including a former world champ, current North American champ, bunch of top 16 worlds players, and almost a dozen top 8 players from the Omaha and Milwaukee regionals.

Ended up going 6-1 in Swiss, along with another local friend. Played the North American champ in top 8 and JUST edged out a win. At that point I was exhausted and top 4, so I just straight up jousted the last game so one way or another it would go quick. Lost, but got my dice, evades, and movement templates!

I flew 2 Daggers with Advanced Sensors, a Red Squadron, and a Gold with Ion Turret.

I would be curious what lists you played against. Did you play any swarms?

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

TouchToneDialing posted:

I would be curious what lists you played against. Did you play any swarms?

There were a good number of swarms there but I didn't face any, other than the same 5 ship Rebel swarm, twice. I had a bye, modified Han Shoots First, 3X plus HWK (my only loss in Swiss), dual Falcons, Chewie + 2 sensor jammer Daggers, ORS w/ 3 FCS Blues, and the XXYYB swarm. Top 8 I faced Wes, Wedge, and Luke, then the Rebel swarm guy again in top 4. Overall winner was an Obsidian swarm. One other swarm made top 8. Rest were 3-5 ship rebels and one Kath build I think.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I read the post on the official forum haha! Sounds like it must have been a long day.

What do you think of the ORS and blues lists? Iv never actually played verse one but I know a few people are bringing them to our regionals next week but with anti pursuit lasers.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Wave 4 is finally shipping :unsmith:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So what are some must have purchases? So far i have

3 X-Wings
1 Y-Wing
1 B-Wing

4 TIE Fighters
1 TIE Bomber
2 TIE Advances (from Imperial Aces)

I've seen alot of talk about the Falcon and Firesprays but i was also thinking about A-Wings as well. Thoughts?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what are some must have purchases? So far i have

3 X-Wings
1 Y-Wing
1 B-Wing

4 TIE Fighters
1 TIE Bomber
2 TIE Advances (from Imperial Aces)

I've seen alot of talk about the Falcon and Firesprays but i was also thinking about A-Wings as well. Thoughts?

I think one of each is must have if you know you enjoy the game. I think you mixed up Tie advanced and tie interceptor(Although a imperial aces like set with the advanced is coming) you really need the interceptor expansion as well as the imperial aces. Another B-wing opens up a lot of good lists that need two b-wings. Do you have the tie fighter expansion? Thats a must must have for howlrunner.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Swagger Dagger posted:

edit: I wonder how the debris clouds will be different than asteroids.

From what iv heard, you will get a stress rather than rolling for a damage.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

TouchToneDialing posted:

(Although a imperial aces like set with the advanced is coming)

Source? I know plenty of people want this, but there's no particular reason to believe it will happen, other than, "If I were FFG..." as far as I am aware.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Yeah, there's a lot of speculation about it but absolutely nothing announced.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

TouchToneDialing posted:

I think one of each is must have if you know you enjoy the game. I think you mixed up Tie advanced and tie interceptor(Although a imperial aces like set with the advanced is coming) you really need the interceptor expansion as well as the imperial aces. Another B-wing opens up a lot of good lists that need two b-wings. Do you have the tie fighter expansion? Thats a must must have for howlrunner.

Uh yeah i think you're right, my brother plays Imps and he used Howlrunner to very annoying effect the last time we played.

I was kind of planning on one of each at some point but i just wondering if there some really good ones to get before any others. Whether the cards a certain ship gives are really good or if the ships themselves are great to have around. I'm in no big rush to start playing "competitively" until i get a bigger collection plus find if there is actual a X-Wing scene in the DFW area.

Plus this game is just complex enough that i will usually forget how various things work/do at points and i wouldn't want people to yell at me for it :v:

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Its being tested, its coming. Testers don't know what the repaint is going to be.

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Uh yeah i think you're right, my brother plays Imps and he used Howlrunner to very annoying effect the last time we played.

I was kind of planning on one of each at some point but i just wondering if there some really good ones to get before any others. Whether the cards a certain ship gives are really good or if the ships themselves are great to have around. I'm in no big rush to start playing "competitively" until i get a bigger collection plus find if there is actual a X-Wing scene in the DFW area.

Plus this game is just complex enough that i will usually forget how various things work/do at points and i wouldn't want people to yell at me for it :v:

Madness games and comics in Plano seems to have a steady regular crowd. I'm in Austin, but I'm heading up there for regionals in July.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
How does this setup look for 4-ship Rebels?

"Cracken's A-Team" 100 points

Airen Cracken (19 points)
-Z-95 Headhunter (19 points)

Cracken gives actions after he fires and has a high PS.

"Dutch" Vander (29 points)
-Y-Wing (23 points) + Ion Cannon Turret (5 points) + R2 Astromech (1 point)

Dutch gives out target locks to all friendly ships and is relatively tanky. He also ruins flight plans with the ion cannon turret.

Garven Dreis (26 points)
-X-Wing (26 points)

Garven drops focus tokens to buddies as he uses them.

Roark Garnet (26 points)
-HWK-290 (19 points) + Blaster Turret (4 points) + Recon Specialist (3 points)

Roark skyrockets pilot skill and maintains a strong offense and defense with the Blaster Turret / Recon Specialist combo.

---

I've also taken a look at swapping Cracken for a Rookie Pilot X-Wing and Roark for a Rebel Operative, and giving Garven an R2 unit. That trades some combo buffs for a slightly more killy and sturdy X-Wing.

Is this a crazy build, or does it have potential?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So what would be a non-retarded amount of Z-95s to pick up? I've heard anywhere from 6-8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Carteret posted:

So what would be a non-retarded amount of Z-95s to pick up? I've heard anywhere from 6-8.

I'm starting with 3. There's no force multiplier for them like Howlrunner, so a huge swarm won't really be good. I'll have 3 to run with other ships.

• Locked thread