Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The part where Mikey starts singing Vanilla Ice's Ninja Rap was my favourite reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
All the referencing and they didn't call the pizza shop Panucci's? For shame.

Especially since John DiMaggio was the voice. :v:

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Lordy that episode had me laughing the hardest I have laughed in months. I nearly passed out.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Was this seriously the season finale?! I thought that was Wormquake. Why can't 3/4 of the shows that I watch stick to a regular schedule?

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Pretty sure there are 8 episodes left, this was #18 of 26.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
That was awesome, felt like the kind of ridiculous stuff that used to happen on the 80's show.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Toadsniff posted:

Pretty sure there are 8 episodes left, this was #18 of 26.

That'll show me for believing what gets posted on the internet.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I usually don't get creeped out by the stuff in this show, but the whole part with April getting smacked with toppings and having sauce poured on her super creeped me out. I couldn't stop thinking about how that's probably someone's fetish. I know people getting eaten is definitely a thing("vore").

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

PureRok posted:

I usually don't get creeped out by the stuff in this show, but the whole part with April getting smacked with toppings and having sauce poured on her super creeped me out. I couldn't stop thinking about how that's probably someone's fetish. I know people getting eaten is definitely a thing("vore").

I, too, had the horrible feeling of "someone is masturbating to this" during that scene.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I want a gif of Mikey's sunglasses reflecting the flames of the pizza oven.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

I want a gif of Mikey's sunglasses reflecting the flames of the pizza oven.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
This latest one is a way more serious episode compared to the last one, but it's pretty cool that they're shaking up their own status quo so significantly. I love when shows have villains that only show up when poo poo gets serious, and Tiger Claw definitely fits in that category.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You know what isn't cool? Talking about how Tiger Claw single-handed slashed a new rear end in a top hat out of the universe/krang forces, fighting his way back to earth just to get revenge, and never show it outside of a few panels. :(

But I hope nothing too severe happened to Miwa. And what I mean by severe is please don't mutate her into the new Venus. There are somethings that should just stay dead, Nick.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Crabtree posted:

You know what isn't cool? Talking about how Tiger Claw single-handed slashed a new rear end in a top hat out of the universe/krang forces, fighting his way back to earth just to get revenge, and never show it outside of a few panels. :(

But I hope nothing too severe happened to Miwa. And what I mean by severe is please don't mutate her into the new Venus. There are somethings that should just stay dead, Nick.

Yeah, the "I went from being eaten by a worm to baddest rear end in the history of rear end" thing was kind of eye-rolling. But I never even considered them going that route with Karai; mutation in this universe isn't quite as predictable(?) as it's been in prior series.

I just hope they get her out. Poor Karai/Miwa.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Thanks for the gif.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Gotta love how Bebop combines neon purple lights and constantly yelling with a super stealth suit.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Dr_Amazing posted:

Gotta love how Bebop combines neon purple lights and constantly yelling with a super stealth suit.

The pixelated effects were a nice touch, especially the explosion. That thing looked really cool.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Nice to see all of Shredder's troops at once, they even had some dynamics going on with each other. I wouldn't mind an episode starring the four of them.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Dr_Amazing posted:

Steranko must be Rocksteady as well right? I mean, that was so obviously Bebop it hurt so Steranko's gotta be Rocksteady.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Last two episodes have felt more like season 1's humor-seriousness blend. Season 2 has the humor dial turned way up where the situations are completely bizarre, the mutants are even weirder, and mikey's even weirder than both. Season 1's got humor but more restraint.
I mean, I like season 2's surrealness but season 1's approach was what brought me in on this.

Across the internet you can already find people getting mad that they made a fun reimagining of the two 1980's characters that these guys are going to be. Actually, that was still going on when the concept pics of them surfaced but in the discussions it was great to see people saying "Well... it's not what I expected but gently caress it the writers have earned my trust." Whatshisname master thief this episode was loving great, and so was his background music.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

MrFlibble posted:

Steranko must be Rocksteady as well right? I mean, that was so obviously Bebop it hurt so Steranko's gotta be Rocksteady.

I am appalled that upon seeing a black guy with '80s visor sunglasses and a purple mohawk I did NOT immediately think "Bebop." Turning in my TMNT nerd card.

That would make sense but I'm not really seeing Steranko in the character art of Rocksteady. But I'm already in love with Bebop so like Rita said, I will trust them with Rocksteady, whoever he ends up being. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zeck is clearly Bebop

Strenko is Rocksteady for sure.

See the Hammer and Sickle Knuckles they both have.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

How did I miss the brass knuckles. I was wondering what the hell was with his hands.

I'm so happy they'll be in the series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I forgot he showed up before. Also those brass knuckles are amazing.

Bebop's great here :allears:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I guess Jason Biggs couldn't make it to record that episode? The new VA kinda threw me off.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I hear there may have been some friction between him and Nickelodeon, though not sure whether it's resulted in a permanent recasting (if true at all).

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I really enjoyed human bebop but I'm not digging that warthog head on the skinny little body.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Mooseontheloose posted:

I guess Jason Biggs couldn't make it to record that episode? The new VA kinda threw me off.

Wait, there's a new voice actor?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

Wait, there's a new voice actor?

Dominic Catrambone, VA for Leonardo in the video game. He also did some of Leo's lines in Pizza Face.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I thought something was "off" about Leonardo's voice but I thought Jason Biggs was finally going through puberty or something. I wonder if it will be permanent?

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I wonder if it will be permanent?

Probably by the looks of Dom Catrambone's twitter, either that or he's REALLY excited to be in an episode or two. I could care less as long as they don't change Mikey's.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nickelodeon-renews-teenage-mutant-ninja-712533
Official Season 4 announcement, and apparently Seth Green will be Leo on season 3+

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

I wonder if it will be permanent?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nickelodeon-renews-teenage-mutant-ninja-712533?xid=TMNTFB

Looks like Leonardo's going green...Seth Green that is

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Toadsniff posted:

Probably by the looks of Dom Catrambone's twitter, either that or he's REALLY excited to be in an episode or two. I could care less as long as they don't change Mikey's.

Eh, I dunno, Paulsen makes a much better Donnie than Raph if you ask me, and I like Austen's Raph. Splinter and Shredder are pretty perfect as they are too.

I'm sure Seth Green will do fine, though it might be jarring if Leo suddenly sounds like Oz/Scott Evil.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

What is Nick's obsession with well known or big name actors, I don't really think they need that to sell the show and it also increases the chances that they'll bail after a few seasons. I'm sorry mister Frodo I don't mean to but I have join the cast Adventure Time ooooh.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Seth Green has a pretty recognizable voice, so I'm curious as to how I'll be able to handle it. I honestly could not have identified Jason Biggs's voice from any other no-name actor's. Like Toadsniff, I don't get the trend of casting well-known actors in these kinds of roles.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Seth Green has a pretty recognizable voice, so I'm curious as to how I'll be able to handle it. I honestly could not have identified Jason Biggs's voice from any other no-name actor's. Like Toadsniff, I don't get the trend of casting well-known actors in these kinds of roles.

To be fair, Seth Green is a talented voice actor who has been doing a lot of cartoons lately. He has some range on his voice and is good at disguising his normal voice. Biggs did a good job of giving Leo a sweet and vulnerable voice (thought could use a little more oomph I guess) and I am sure SG can do the same.

...I just analyzed the voice of cartoon turtles, I think I have a problem.

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
Well, that ending sucked. I was hopeful for a second and they had to pull that.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
Kind of a gut punch of an episode, huh. Is that it for the season, or do we have more episodes coming?

At least Karai retained her intelligence and some semblance of humanity, unlike poor Timothy who just wanted to help. I also liked that they immediately had one of the characters reference the retro-mutagen, and it's not going to be an issue where the heroes come up with an idea once and then forget they can do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Iskanderson posted:

Kind of a gut punch of an episode, huh. Is that it for the season, or do we have more episodes coming?

At least Karai retained her intelligence and some semblance of humanity, unlike poor Timothy who just wanted to help. I also liked that they immediately had one of the characters reference the retro-mutagen, and it's not going to be an issue where the heroes come up with an idea once and then forget they can do it again.

It seemed like a season finale to me but the first season had 26 episodes so I suppose we could likely have 4 more.

• Locked thread