Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwillinob
Jun 26, 2009
If I have to hear the taxi driver joking about how he doesn't know how we make do with physical bodies one more time...

I'm pretty sure I've heard that one more often than all his other stories combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

whatspeakyou posted:

Welp, I hit the decor item cap, so here's the finished product (bar and restauraunt inside the ship):

Wow that is awesome. What do you use for walls? This is really great.

Edit: Is the Warbringer guild purging inactives every Monday or was that a one-time thing? I'm waiting for a slot to open up for my main (I know there are likely many more waiting also).

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 16, 2014

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
My dude is looking like she shops at Gap

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

whatspeakyou posted:

It was on their facebook a few days ago. I think I might have missed it with my town lot thing, which is unfortunate.

Don't worry mate, I have you covered. Feeling pretty strongly about doing your Lot after Euologys.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Don't worry mate, I have you covered. Feeling pretty strongly about doing your Lot after Euologys.

Can't wait to see Eulogy's video. Gonna be really good!

GreenMarine posted:

Wow that is awesome. What do you use for walls? This is really great.

Edit: Is the Warbringer guild purging inactives every Monday or was that a one-time thing? I'm waiting for a slot to open up for my main (I know there are likely many more waiting also).

just normal walls or floor pieces, honestly. I save item space by enlarging the poo poo out of them. For instance, my street there is just an Aurin floor maxed in size with smaller floor pieces on the sides for sidewalks.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
How annoying is world PVP in this game? WoW's world was pretty bad for pretty much ever, and always kind of turned me off from playing on MalGanis with Goons.

...but the Goonsquad PVE is on an RP server? Oh god.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jeeves posted:

How annoying is world PVP in this game? WoW's world was pretty bad for pretty much ever, and always kind of turned me off from playing on MalGanis with Goons.

In case anyone didn't know, there's an RP chat option that's turned off by default.

As of right now, I find World PvP to be, uh, lacking. I had some good throw downs in Malgrave whilst leveling, but on Crimson Badlands (the shared level 50 questing zone) I'm questioning whether or not most people on the Dominion side realized they were picking a PvP server. The Exiles as a group seem to be more aggressive, and the Dominion, less so.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

jeeves posted:

Most Exiles are pretty polite and seem to be fine with just doing quests, at least when you get past the furious battle of the first pvp zone. It was a bit of an adjustment there (Whitevale) when you get to the first neutral bunny village, at least for me, there were dozens of Exiles in the questing area killing all Dominion on sight. It is better later. Most people at my level (40) just seem to be trying to power to the cap, rather than fight, which makes it fun to ambush and camp them when I get bored of endless quests.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

:argh: gently caress you doublestep

you are literally hitler

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Another newbie question: how lame is the path system? It seems pretty sub-par that you pick it without much fanfare at the character screen but you can never change it, especially since it seems like scientist and settler are way better than explorer and soldier as of right now. It just seems like an enforced way to add more class combinations to make people make new alts.

Also, it seems like calling a class Medic seemed like a terrible idea-- it totally makes the class sound like a 100% healer. It kind of works in a game like TF2 because it is primarily a healer with like a small bit of self defense otherwise, but you spend most of your time healing. It's like calling a class Doctor.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kresher posted:

you are literally hitler
I'm pretty sure you deserved that kick because you aren't using the SA Emotes addon :colbert:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kresher posted:

you are literally hitler

You don't use SAmotes?

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
I use betterchatlog :colbert:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

jeeves posted:

Also, it seems like calling a class Medic seemed like a terrible idea-- it totally makes the class sound like a 100% healer. It kind of works in a game like TF2 because it is primarily a healer with like a small bit of self defense otherwise, but you spend most of your time healing. It's like calling a class Doctor.

In the beta, they jokingly called the class 'Sawbones'. I am sad they didn't stick with this.

In reality, it means all the nearsighted morons don't play my gorgeous technomancer because they are too lazy to read more than a class name, because Medics are metal as gently caress and awesome to the max. Welcome glorious medic fellows, who were smart enough to do their homework.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I am currently playing the trial and having a good time so I look up to see if anyone is selling WildStar account they don't want for cheap on CraigsList (maybe they got bored of it after a few weeks). I type in Wildstar and a few local craigslist ads pop up. I see one wehre a guy is offering his account key he won during a twitch stream for a dominos Pizza $25 egift card. I decide hey wow that is a really good deal. I don't want to spend $60 right now but can afford $25! I hit him up and we go back and forth and he tells me buy the gift card and once I Get it I'll send you a key.

I'm like well poo poo he is a gamer so should be legit. I send him a $25 dominos egift card and then wait a few minutes. I message him back "I sent it" and then 2 hours later "you going to send the key or what?". I log into dominos and it doesn't even show he has looked at the e-mail. I gave him all day and just came home from work and fucker used the money while I was at work. Welp that is my story how I already spent $25.00 on getting scammed buying wildstar and will now have to buy it at full price costing me about 85 bucks instead of cheaper like I had wanted.

Anyways, I've been messing around with soldier and am only level 10 but reading a lot of guides online it seems all you do is spam rampage as your finisher. Does this ever change? Are warriors really good DPS at higher levels because at low levels I could be playing a stalker and killing 4x as quick it seems. That tutorial area is really not making me want to start any other classes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In the beta, they jokingly called the class 'Sawbones'. I am sad they didn't stick with this.

In reality, it means all the nearsighted morons don't play my gorgeous technomancer because they are too lazy to read more than a class name, because Medics are metal as gently caress and awesome to the max. Welcome glorious medic fellows, who were smart enough to do their homework.

I love them the most so far if only for the style, yeah, but good god almighty questing feels slow. Only like 17 though, does getting to T4 abilities ramp things up?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kresher posted:

you are literally hitler

I told you I didn't kick you but you're providing increasingly good evidence to keep you kicked

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm really starting to wish I hadn't taken Explorer. There's some quests in Aurora (or however that is spelled) that I just cannot do. A scavenger one in the mining area and disabling some exile transmitters in the rocky bit with the apes.
I couldn't do them in beta either. The scavenger one is the most annoying because it's pretty clear about where to go and the areas are very small, but I just don't get any green bar or dig prompt.

I really REALLY don't like just having to leave quests since I'd much prefer to complete the area but I just don't know what to do. The disable transmitters one starts in a cave but all the arrows just point to absolutely nothing!

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Esper is my favorite class, but I'm not interested in any of the races that can play them. Mordesh is my favorite race by far, and Warrior is probably my 2nd favorite class, but it seems like a bad long-term plan to choose a class I like somewhat less just so that I can look cooler.

I am slowly convincing myself that it'll be fine to be an okay-looking Human instead of a badass space zombie, but it's the hardest thing I've ever done.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

But your epic sets are anime as gently caress?

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Doublestep posted:

I told you I didn't kick you but you're providing increasingly good evidence to keep you kicked

Welp, I made that post before I whispered you.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Meowbot posted:

I am currently playing the trial and having a good time so I look up to see if anyone is selling WildStar account they don't want for cheap on CraigsList (maybe they got bored of it after a few weeks). I type in Wildstar and a few local craigslist ads pop up. I see one wehre a guy is offering his account key he won during a twitch stream for a dominos Pizza $25 egift card. I decide hey wow that is a really good deal. I don't want to spend $60 right now but can afford $25! I hit him up and we go back and forth and he tells me buy the gift card and once I Get it I'll send you a key.

I'm like well poo poo he is a gamer so should be legit. I send him a $25 dominos egift card and then wait a few minutes. I message him back "I sent it" and then 2 hours later "you going to send the key or what?". I log into dominos and it doesn't even show he has looked at the e-mail. I gave him all day and just came home from work and fucker used the money while I was at work. Welp that is my story how I already spent $25.00 on getting scammed buying wildstar and will now have to buy it at full price costing me about 85 bucks instead of cheaper like I had wanted.

Anyways, I've been messing around with soldier and am only level 10 but reading a lot of guides online it seems all you do is spam rampage as your finisher. Does this ever change? Are warriors really good DPS at higher levels because at low levels I could be playing a stalker and killing 4x as quick it seems. That tutorial area is really not making me want to start any other classes.

I'm sorry, that was me. The Pizza was delicious. PM me for the account info.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Esper is pretty fun, actually. I want the Imperial Soldier uniform though, that looks neat. I'll get it eventually, I suppose.

I know someone mentioned you can xmog gear. Can you only xmog gear you can wear, or could espers/spellslingers xmog really heavy armor (for some dumb reason)?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Thumbtacks posted:

Esper is pretty fun, actually. I want the Imperial Soldier uniform though, that looks neat. I'll get it eventually, I suppose.

I know someone mentioned you can xmog gear. Can you only xmog gear you can wear, or could espers/spellslingers xmog really heavy armor (for some dumb reason)?

Any class can wear any kind of armor in their costume slots, so yes, you can have your space wizards wearing heavy armor or engineers and warriors wearing dresses and hoodies.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Metrohunter posted:

Any class can wear any kind of armor in their costume slots, so yes, you can have your space wizards wearing heavy armor or engineers and warriors wearing dresses and hoodies.

My pretty princess potential has increased tenfold. Yay.

I wish I could hide my psyblade. My hair clips into it and it's annoying. Other than that, I'm happy with everything.

When should I consider buying/using Gheist? So far I can just kill things before any real damage is done although I suspect that will change at some point.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So there is this one quest in Farside on the moon where you board a space ship and you have to save it but you're breathing this gas and and you have this insanity meter that you have to constantly find air tanks to keep from hitting zero oh no don't let it hit zero otherwise you go insane but but go insane gently caress the air tank all of the sudden everything turns into Lisa Frank and oh god the vending machine attacked me guys

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
gently caress. I've discovered I like being a Medic much more than a Warrior but I'm already 40 on my Warrior and I don't know if I can plow through leveling in this game again. This usually doesn't happen to me. Maybe I am simply bored with the warrior playstyle. Anyone have any bad things to say about the medic?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

My pretty princess potential has increased tenfold. Yay.

I wish I could hide my psyblade. My hair clips into it and it's annoying. Other than that, I'm happy with everything.

When should I consider buying/using Gheist? So far I can just kill things before any real damage is done although I suspect that will change at some point.

Geist sucks, get used to moving around a lot with :dive: and casting telekinetic strike, mind burst, and building charges with spectral form and bolster. I'm really liking phantasmal armor and projected spririt for not-dying utility, and crush should probably always be on your bars too.

Geist sucks.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

gently caress. I've discovered I like being a Medic much more than a Warrior but I'm already 40 on my Warrior and I don't know if I can plow through leveling in this game again. This usually doesn't happen to me. Maybe I am simply bored with the warrior playstyle. Anyone have any bad things to say about the medic?

Just read the official* forums man apparently medics hit everything with nerf foam or something.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Meowbot posted:

Do you have this person's email so we can recruit him after you get booted?

P.S. I'm sorry for your pizza loss.
P.P.S No I'm not this is hilarious :lol:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Darth Windu posted:

THERE IS NO ESCAPE.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013
does anyone know which server is dominion heavy or has a decent dom population and is pve?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Lvl 20 medic speaking:

Playing a medic is like going grocery shopping at five different stores with seven different kinds of currency. Keeping track of when you can use different skills is genuinely challenging.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

kingcobweb posted:

Lvl 20 medic speaking:

Playing a medic is like going grocery shopping at five different stores with seven different kinds of currency. Keeping track of when you can use different skills is genuinely challenging.

Thank you. I have enough trouble realizing when Breaching Strikes is up so this is actually pretty negative.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013
I use an addon called ProcsHUD which flashes buttons in the middle of the screen when some of my abilities "special requirements" kick in. Not sure how useful for medics but it helps keep my eyes in the middle of the screen and keeping up my Quick Bursts and instant Bio Shells.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

a cat youtube posted:

does anyone know which server is dominion heavy or has a decent dom population and is pve?

Why would that matter? Maybe for auction house fuckery?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

First Bass posted:

But your epic sets are anime as gently caress?

Yeah, they are pretty Anime. Mostly Gundamesque.

Darth Windu posted:

Anyone have any bad things to say about the medic?

So, you say this. And this guy says this:

kingcobweb posted:

Lvl 20 medic speaking:

What he actually means is that you have a bunch of amazing abilities that most of the time can only be used after a crit, and when those suckers light up you stroll your fingers across the keyboard like a concert pianist and watch a symphony of amazing numbers appear on the screen. This isn't a bad thing at all. A lot of people whine and moan about Medics 'doing lovely damage' because they don't have the mental capacity to stop spamming the builder ability you get at level 1. It hits like crap, but you have a dozen other incredible abilities that hit like a truck, and AoE fields that tick away and you are rewarded for pulling multiple mobs.

STOP SPAMMING DISCHARGE. You have poo poo like Collider, or Nullifier, or even Annihilation Field if you have the amp, you can do sweeping damage to everyone in your way. I am level 26, geared like a wet blanket but walk through swathes of people because it's what badass motherfuckers do.

On an unrelated note: I can't help but feel all the people continuously whining about the 'High Time-To-Kill' in this game have never once in their life done a proper 'Moment of Opportunity'.

On the other hand, it's a badly explained mechanic, and shame on Carbine. Thoughts?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So Wildstar seems to have the exact opposite leveling pace issue that WoW had in vanilla, in that leveling is sorta slowish for a while and then it skyrockets. In 3 hours I went from 42 to 46 at a breakneck pace in Malgrave/Grimvault, and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down as I approach cap. It's kinda... weird, honestly, but I'm certainly not complaining. Warrior just seems to get better and better as I go, and at 47 I'll have Kinetic Fury/Armor Shred/Power Link all at the same time.

But what really gets me is T8 Relentless Strikes and Rampage. It's just... it's... :staredog:

I mean it's basically "Hey there, Warrior! Big fan of Rampage I bet. Best drat damage spammer in the game, am I right or am I right? But you know what sucks? That cooldown. Wouldn't it be nice if that cooldown just... wasn't really there anymore? And Rampage made itself and everything else stronger? Well congratulations, you're 45, all of that is now true, and you are a god. Try not to have too much fun murdering everything you look at funny on the way to 50, you don't want to get nerfed too fast."

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lionguild posted:

I use an addon called ProcsHUD which flashes buttons in the middle of the screen when some of my abilities "special requirements" kick in. Not sure how useful for medics but it helps keep my eyes in the middle of the screen and keeping up my Quick Bursts and instant Bio Shells.
hitbutton also wrote a pretty great addon called SassyBars which has a bunch of really nice candy coloured bars that count down as your stuff is coming off cooldown which does the same sort of thing.

On an unrelated note: I can't help but feel all the people continuously whining about the 'High Time-To-Kill' in this game have never once in their life done a proper 'Moment of Opportunity'.
MoO's are so amazing when I manage to trigger them at the time I have 5 psi points on my Esper and get a crit brainbird :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Lionguild posted:

Now this sounds interesting. I had a similar thing in WoW and I loved it.

• Locked thread