Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Okay I'm slowly coming round to this MMO after looking at the addons and I desperately need something to play.

Are people happier to see tanks or heals in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

nopantsjack posted:

Okay I'm slowly coming round to this MMO after looking at the addons and I desperately need something to play.

At this point in time I think everything is needed

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

skylined! posted:

Geist sucks, get used to moving around a lot with :dive: and casting telekinetic strike, mind burst, and building charges with spectral form and bolster. I'm really liking phantasmal armor and projected spririt for not-dying utility, and crush should probably always be on your bars too.

Geist sucks.

Okay cool, I'll probably do that then. I like the ability system, this game does a lot of things right and the fact that it's an MMO is still vaguely odd to me.

a cat youtube
Jun 25, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

Why would that matter? Maybe for auction house fuckery?

larger population means more people to do things with + more players at end game

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Darth Windu posted:

gently caress. I've discovered I like being a Medic much more than a Warrior but I'm already 40 on my Warrior and I don't know if I can plow through leveling in this game again. This usually doesn't happen to me. Maybe I am simply bored with the warrior playstyle. Anyone have any bad things to say about the medic?

We only have one stun, which makes no sense.

Keerith
Jun 14, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

I like the ability system, this game does a lot of things right and the fact that it's an MMO is still vaguely odd to me.

I know, right? It's like they spent the last few years actually seeing what other games did well and did wrong and used that to influence their design. :x I remember seeing this at the same PAX that Guild Wars 2 was on demo at, and Wildstar impressed me more by far.

GW2 did some things right, but Wildstar hit so many more good points.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just joined the game. I'll be able to actually play tomorrow afternoon/night.

I managed to not gently caress up the auth system. Man that was super smooth. Whoever coded that is A+++.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I just got some kind of Imbuement quest? Wants me to go kill a warbot or something. Problem is, I'm not sure how to get to it. I think an explorer has to open up that part of the map or something. Am I wrong?

I googled it and there weren't any answers, just map locations (which doesn't really help)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The warbot is part of the zone's quest line, you can't miss it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

nopantsjack posted:

Dominion is desperate for healers in PvP.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

boho posted:

Dominion is desperate for healers in PvP.

So are exiles. I'm pretty sure that any time a goon queues it automatically tosses us in with the retards.

Keerith
Jun 14, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

I just got some kind of Imbuement quest? Wants me to go kill a warbot or something. Problem is, I'm not sure how to get to it. I think an explorer has to open up that part of the map or something. Am I wrong?

I googled it and there weren't any answers, just map locations (which doesn't really help)

The Warbot is the 'boss' at the end of that zone. Don't go find it right away when you get the Imbuement quest, just keep playing normally and then get the bonus at the end when you finish up. :)

Unless you really want to do it twice. The benefit from the quest is snazzy, but not a big enough deal to make the starter zone any easier - it's more of an introduction to that type of quest, although I'm level 20 and I haven't ran into another yet.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Meowbot posted:

I am currently playing the trial and having a good time so I look up to see if anyone is selling WildStar account they don't want for cheap on CraigsList (maybe they got bored of it after a few weeks). I type in Wildstar and a few local craigslist ads pop up. I see one wehre a guy is offering his account key he won during a twitch stream for a dominos Pizza $25 egift card. I decide hey wow that is a really good deal. I don't want to spend $60 right now but can afford $25! I hit him up and we go back and forth and he tells me buy the gift card and once I Get it I'll send you a key.

I'm like well poo poo he is a gamer so should be legit. I send him a $25 dominos egift card and then wait a few minutes. I message him back "I sent it" and then 2 hours later "you going to send the key or what?". I log into dominos and it doesn't even show he has looked at the e-mail. I gave him all day and just came home from work and fucker used the money while I was at work. Welp that is my story how I already spent $25.00 on getting scammed buying wildstar and will now have to buy it at full price costing me about 85 bucks instead of cheaper like I had wanted.

:psyboom:

Also protip - you can almost always get any game that GMG has for sale for 20%+ off.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I really hope they don't nerf vendor prices for gathering mats again... I rake in some money from all my harvesting plugins in my 3 character's houses.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

nopantsjack posted:

As a tank, I sometimes don't get instant queues when I queue for dungeons. Which is really odd because in other MMOs as a tank its almost always instant. Once I had to sit in queue for over 20 minutes! That was the most horrible feeling in the world.

I've also queued as a Healer and DPS on my Esper alt and got picked as a DPS though. So maybe its not a lack of healers but some weird period in the afternoon where no one wanted to run dungeons.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Keerith posted:

The Warbot is the 'boss' at the end of that zone. Don't go find it right away when you get the Imbuement quest, just keep playing normally and then get the bonus at the end when you finish up. :)

Unless you really want to do it twice. The benefit from the quest is snazzy, but not a big enough deal to make the starter zone any easier - it's more of an introduction to that type of quest, although I'm level 20 and I haven't ran into another yet.

Yeah, I realized that like five minutes after I posted it. Oh well.

I'm almost level 10. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm just doing whatever quests I find and then doing path missions when I come across them. I want that snazzy outfit, dammit.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

nopantsjack posted:

I have no stats to support this, but judging by queue times with my warrior friend, there are a lot less tanks than anything else. My friend and I queued for the first adventure with me as healer/dps and him just as DPS. A few minutes of no pops, we re-queued with him as tank and got a group instantly. People are afraid to tank apparently. Queues as healer on my level 40 medic are long enough that there doesn't seem to be a shortage of healers either.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, as a tank I haven't had more than 2 minute queue for things and that's the aberration. It's usually faster than I can close the group finder window.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
People that do adventures/dungeons as a medic healer, what does your skill bar look like? How does your gear vary from standard questing fare?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
So I put up an order for 200 Iron Ore on the Commodity Market Last night to help with my Survivalist Architect and I thought I'd go with one copper above the lowest buyer for 64 copper. I then realized after clicking that the Vendor price of copper was over a Silver and I was pretty much buying it at half the vendor price. There was literally no reason for anyone to ever sell me a single piece of copper.

The order was done in an hour.

What the gently caress. Am I missing something?

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Fans posted:

So I put up an order for 200 Iron Ore on the Commodity Market Last night to help with my Survivalist Architect and I thought I'd go with one copper above the lowest buyer for 64 copper. I then realized after clicking that the Vendor price of copper was over a Silver and I was pretty much buying it at half the vendor price. There was literally no reason for anyone to ever sell me a single piece of copper.

The order was done in an hour.

What the gently caress. Am I missing something?

People want to sell their mats, they don't check the vendor price, and the game puts no lower limit on buy order prices. After the first week of the game the price of leveling mats plummeted so far that I've just been vendoring everything.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

kingcobweb posted:

People that do adventures/dungeons as a medic healer, what does your skill bar look like? How does your gear vary from standard questing fare?

For the first two dungeons and level 15 adventure you can just slot Emission/Crisis Wave/Dual Shock/Mending Probes/Flash and Paralytic Surge for helping stun mobs. Also Barrier for emergencies. Start using Shield Surge as soon as you unlock it at level 24.

For gear, you want insight instead of tech and resonators with more support power than assault. Maybe some focus regen items too. Other than that, the stats effective for questing are good for healing too (moxie, brutality)

Sapoapo
Nov 6, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

I run, Emission, Mending Probes, Empowering Probes, Protection Probes, Shield Surge, Flash, Paralytic Surge, Urgency.

I have a few epics and the rest is pretty much lvl 50 blues.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Veteran adventures in a nutshell:

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
All reserved names now unlocked.

Finally I can get my name!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
War of the Wilds is (presumably) fixed! I can now actually attempt it for my tanking claws on Gold.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kaldaris posted:

All reserved names now unlocked.

Finally I can get my name!

I'm set on alt names for the rest of this games lifespan :smugdog:

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?

panda clue posted:

I'm set on alt names for the rest of this games lifespan :smugdog:

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' ta gently caress wit.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So let's talk about Trigger Fingers. The loving thing doesn't drop, this much we know. Precisely one is currently for sale on my crappy server (Caretaker) at 20 plat. This is not unusual. But here's the thing. Nobody from Carbine will talk about it. Does that mean that it's the way it is and I should suck it up and start grinding for 20 plat? Does that mean they're about to nerf the heck out of it and doing so would be a huge waste of my time? Not knowing whether this is intended or not is the truly maddening thing here.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
OP says to Authenticate to join a Goon Guild but I'll be hosed if the Authenticator actually works for me. What idiot child mistake am I making?

Edit: Nevermind apparently my fat fingers leave me unable to spell words properly.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

30.5 Days posted:

So let's talk about Trigger Fingers. The loving thing doesn't drop, this much we know. Precisely one is currently for sale on my crappy server (Caretaker) at 20 plat. This is not unusual. But here's the thing. Nobody from Carbine will talk about it. Does that mean that it's the way it is and I should suck it up and start grinding for 20 plat? Does that mean they're about to nerf the heck out of it and doing so would be a huge waste of my time? Not knowing whether this is intended or not is the truly maddening thing here.

Too bad you're not on God's chosen server (Warbringer) where Trigger Fingers rains from the sky and every spellslinger (Including our healers) has one in their AMP system

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
They're a world drop and our Guild bank has plenty in there we've randomly picked up. Unfortunately most people just vendor it or toss it in their Bank, never to be actually used.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
What's all this t4/t8 chat about?

Edit: I queued for 7hrs to do Riot yesterday and not a single invite.

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 17, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Lionguild posted:

I use an addon called ProcsHUD which flashes buttons in the middle of the screen when some of my abilities "special requirements" kick in. Not sure how useful for medics but it helps keep my eyes in the middle of the screen and keeping up my Quick Bursts and instant Bio Shells.

There's also AuraMastery which is a whole lot more powerful, but requires some time setting up.

For my engineer I have it configured to basically show me an icon of what I should be casting next.

If volatility between 30 and 70 and Bio Shell is off cooldown, show Bio Shell.
If volatility is 55 or above and Bio Shell is on cooldown, show Bolt Caster.
If volatility is below 30 and Target Acquisition is off cooldown, show TA.
If everything is on cooldown and volatility < 30 I need to dash to build volatility. (You do have Reckless Dash, right?)

Additionally (doesn't replace the above icons, displays next to them)
If I've caused a crit and Quick Burst is off cooldown, show Quick Burst.
If I've deflected an attack and Feedback is off cooldown, show Feedback.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 17, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Doublestep posted:

Too bad you're not on God's chosen server (Warbringer) where Trigger Fingers rains from the sky and every spellslinger (Including our healers) has one in their AMP system

More like God's chosen faction, Dominion (Warbringer). I don't think anyone in LGTB has even seen a Trigger Fingers yet.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Now this sounds interesting. I had a similar thing in WoW and I loved it.

It's only for engineers, unfortunately. It doesn't show me any of my warrior ones.

The thing is that in every other game I've played with procs of this nature the stuff procHUD does is built in anyway - it just makes a big button appear near you to tell you the proc is ready.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Taear posted:

It's only for engineers, unfortunately. It doesn't show me any of my warrior ones.

The thing is that in every other game I've played with procs of this nature the stuff procHUD does is built in anyway - it just makes a big button appear near you to tell you the proc is ready.
Wildstar does too, you get a flashing dashed line around the icon when it becomes available. It's just a bit too subtle.

I'm pretty sure ProcsHud worked for my warrior when I tried it. But AuraMastery is better and more flexible anyway.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Collateral Damage posted:

Wildstar does too, you get a flashing dashed line around the icon when it becomes available. It's just a bit too subtle.

I know it tells you, but other games have the flashing line AND a gigantic icon on the screen. Even WAR did it.

Dekaar
Mar 31, 2012

Been trying to connect all morning and keep getting "Cannot connect to NCSOFT login services" Game was working fine all along and I havent changed anything so not sure why this happens now but its maddening. I actually did get to log in once out of about 100 atttempts but then I logged back out to see if the issue was fixed and it wasnt so now I'm stuck again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/77847-update-notes-6172014/

quote:

General
Fixed several issues that were having detrimental effects on server stability.
Released reserved guild and player names for open use if available.

Adventures
War of the Wilds
Shortened up the timing of strategy objective population.
The "Don't Die" strategy objective will now automatically complete and grant credit if the Giant Moodie Totem is destroyed while it is active.
Strategy objectives that require players to kill champions still require at least one player tagger, but no longer require a player to score the killing blow.
The strategy objective that requires players to kill a boss has had its timer lengthened and will no longer populate as the second strategy objective.
Players will no longer receive a strategy objective requiring them to take control points as a second strategy objective.
The strategy objective that requires players to kill moodies no longer require players to score the killing blow.

User Interface
Fixed an issue that triggered a LUA error which prevented some mail from being reported as spam.

• Locked thread