Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My wallet!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^^^ oof. Worth it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Love me some varvatos

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

NotAnArtist posted:

Love me some varvatos

Weapons?

Nice. I've got very similar JV ones - the tongue and sides aren't perforated and the tongue has a little more black on it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Some generation 3 Panasonic Eneloop Ni-MH AA batteries that I ordered from Japan. Four of the pairs have custom textures on them for easy pairing. Along them, a Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne battery charger/analyzer, a real beast of a charger. :allears:
I have still way too many uses for AA batteries. Hopefully this will stop the staggering amount of them that I'd chew thru.

Also, a special book that I've been wanting for a long time now. The Codex Seraphinianus is an indecipherable art book filled with stuff that seems to describe another world that exists only in a crazyman's head. It was way too expensive while it remained out of print, but this fairly recently released new edition made the book affordable again. It was totally worth the price.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Is the print quality worth it? I love the art from this "book".

Did you pay the $80ish on amazon for it?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

psyopmonkey posted:

Is the print quality worth it? I love the art from this "book".

Did you pay the $80ish on amazon for it?

The print quality is great, the details of the strokes of the wooden pencils in the shading are very clear. The stuff that was written in ink is very sharp. The pages are thick and fibery, too. There's a small amount of dithering for the drawings that I can't actually see with my eyes, though I do see it with a clear zoomed in picture. Here's a couple of pictures, you can see for yourself.
http://personal.applegrenade.com/junk/codex_print_01.jpg

This includes a canadian 25 cents for reference ( :canada: ), pretty similar in size to a US quarter:
http://personal.applegrenade.com/junk/codex_print_02.jpg

An even more zoomed in view of another page. We're seeing about 1/6th of a page in here:
http://personal.applegrenade.com/junk/Codex_print_03.png

As for where I got it, it was from Amazon.ca so it was actually a little more expensive, but in the same ballpark.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR

Gimbal lock posted:

The print quality is great, the details of the strokes of the wooden pencils in the shading are very clear. The stuff that was written in ink is very sharp. The pages are thick and fibery, too. There's a small amount of dithering for the drawings that I can't actually see with my eyes, though I do see it with a clear zoomed in picture. Here's a couple of pictures, you can see for yourself.
http://personal.applegrenade.com/junk/codex_print_01.jpg

This includes a canadian 25 cents for reference ( :canada: ), pretty similar in size to a US quarter:
http://personal.applegrenade.com/junk/codex_print_02.jpg

An even more zoomed in view of another page. We're seeing about 1/6th of a page in here:
http://personal.applegrenade.com/junk/Codex_print_03.png

As for where I got it, it was from Amazon.ca so it was actually a little more expensive, but in the same ballpark.

Had that 'ordered' from Amazon on their back order list since the last time it came up in this thread. I took it off a few months ago just because amazon kept hassling me asking if I still wanted it. Did they do another printing recently?

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Here's some stuff that I bought for an upcoming trip to Montana that a select few weirdos like myself care about :

Lamson Speedster fly reel that will be paired with:

This in progress custom Epic fiberglass rod.

Also got an Orvis Superfine rod and a guide sling.

I spent way too much but I got "deals" on everything and I'm ridiculously excited.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Opioid posted:

Had that 'ordered' from Amazon on their back order list since the last time it came up in this thread. I took it off a few months ago just because amazon kept hassling me asking if I still wanted it. Did they do another printing recently?

I usually order my amazon stuff from amazon.com because amazon.ca is very terrible. This book was an exception to that because amazon.ca actually had some left while amazon.com had been backordered since as far back as I remember checking (november I think). Amazon.com has certainly received another batch lately because it looks like they have some in stock.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Armed Neutrality posted:

Here's some stuff that I bought for an upcoming trip to Montana that a select few weirdos like myself care about :

Lamson Speedster fly reel that will be paired with:

This in progress custom Epic fiberglass rod.

Also got an Orvis Superfine rod and a guide sling.

I spent way too much but I got "deals" on everything and I'm ridiculously excited.

Nice stuff! I was fishing on the Madison last October and was tearing them up with a 2 inch rainbow trout pattern rappala shore wadding. Got some pretty explosive bites with a mid speed retrievel just a few inches beneath the surface.
In other words if you get too lazy or frustrated doing the fly thing that's an option.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
A new mount for my telescope / imaging equipment.

iOptron CEM60.

Hopefully it will prove far more capable at handling my setup.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Finally got a pressure cooker. My Brazilian roots are finally showing. It must be all the World Cup matches I have been watching.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

FATHER
GIVE ME LEGS

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Trabant posted:

FATHER
GIVE ME LEGS

Hahaha. Dear lord, I see it now.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Meatwave posted:

Hahaha. Dear lord, I see it now.

Ha ha! I'll always love you, creator.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
Great, now I have a small sad robot bolted to a giant lump on concrete in my shed.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Tulip Candy posted:

Finally got a pressure cooker. My Brazilian roots are finally showing. It must be all the World Cup matches I have been watching.

I expect short ribs and oxtail pics within the week. Execute.

:colbert:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I finally caved and bought a KitchenAid mixer:

5-qt Artisan series. I was this close to buying one off of Woot last week for over $200, and I'm very glad I didn't pull the trigger because there's a store on eBay selling refurbished mixers for $160 right now.

Same model that Woot had, and even more color choices (I went with Caviar...basically black with pearlescent.) (And woot's were refurbs, too.)

And I had a bunch of money sitting in my payPal account from selling a few things in SA-Mart, eBay, and some money that was sitting in my CafePress account for like three years that I forgot about. I was set up to only deposit when I hit $100, and the balance was $95, so I lowered the threshold to $50.

So I didn't have to spend anything out of pocket, so it's kind of like it's free.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Jun 17, 2014

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Akai APC40 MIDI controller. Now I just need to learn how to use it.

2 Mackie MR8 MK2 speakers for $200 total! Literally paid less for two speakers than it typically costs for one. So happy about this. I've been using lovely computer speakers for the longest time. Had to keep reminding myself "There is no need to ever buy new speakers at retail price." Glad I held off.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

VM Carpet Hilla 140x370cm. Waited 8 weeks for it, but as I think the 400 price was low, I don't mind the wait.

My old bike got stolen so bought a 23" Cube LTD Race 29er

And in hopes of keeping the parts bolted to the frame, bought front&rear axle, seatpost & ahead locks from pitlock:

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I finally caved and bought a KitchenAid mixer:

5-qt Artisan series.

If you're ever feeling unsure about this purchase, or that maybe it was very expensive - do yourself a favour and check out how much people in the UK have to pay for Kitchenaids :cry:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ihmemies posted:

VM Carpet Hilla 140x370cm. Waited 8 weeks for it, but as I think the 400 price was low, I don't mind the wait.

Not shop-shaming but I don't get the price for this. It's a good looking carpet but what am I missing?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
New kicks:

Stylish vest:

Now I just need to pick a paddle.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Not shop-shaming but I don't get the price for this. It's a good looking carpet but what am I missing?

It was made in Finland to the measurements and they also had to space the stripes evenly. I thought it was pretty affordable considering it was not a standard size and not made in India or something :)

Paper mats like Woodnotes and Hanna Korvela looked nicer but the price tag was also 4x higher.

Gatla
Apr 29, 2004
Blah blah blah.

After playing the Wii U at some assholes my buddies house I had to get one.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Gatla posted:

Me too, along with NSMB:U, Wind Waker HD, Wii Party, Nintendoland, and Lego Batman 2, all dirt cheap. The console is a blast. I was going to pick one up for Smash Bros this fall, but the Mario Kart/free extra game bundle was too good to pass up.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Gatla posted:

Good choice. We downloaded it this weekend and I have been playing every day whenever I have free time. And I'm not even close to even being deemed a casual gamer!

psyopmonkey posted:

I expect short ribs and oxtail pics within the week. Execute.

:colbert:

Not before I make my beef stew :colbert:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just committed to this

Looks like fun

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please tell me they put you to sleep for that.

Edit: :gonk:

RCarr has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Jun 18, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RCarr posted:

Please tell me they put you to sleep for that.

Nope. If you're American they give you a valium. Not in my country!

Apparently it's not bad though.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
It's over in like a minute per eye, start to finish, and totally painless. I got a Valium but it's definitely a "nice to have" and not a "you NEED one" thing. My results have been great (and I'm in flight school to be a military pilot because of it, so double great).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You don't feel anything?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

How much was it?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

overdesigned posted:

It's over in like a minute per eye, start to finish, and totally painless. I got a Valium but it's definitely a "nice to have" and not a "you NEED one" thing. My results have been great (and I'm in flight school to be a military pilot because of it, so double great).

I'd much rather have contacts than take a scalpel to the eye, though the one minute per thing definitely doesn't sound as bad as I'd imagine.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Dewgy posted:

I'd much rather have contacts than take a scalpel to the eye, though the one minute per thing definitely doesn't sound as bad as I'd imagine.

If you can handle poking your eyes to put in and remove contacts, you can handle lasik.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

leidend posted:

Just committed to this

Looks like fun

Let us know if you still like Beethoven when you're done.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

colas posted:

How much was it?

It depends on how bad your prescription is and how paranoid you are. Like I'm probably going to go with advanced wavefront lasik since it takes off less cornea thickness and has less likelihood of night driving issues, but it's an extra 500 Canuck bucks ($2,500 total with insurance paying a whopping $400 on top of that).

If your eyesight really sucks you're looking at PRK which hurts more, takes longer to heal and is more expensive.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Dewgy posted:

You feel nothing and you're in an out of the chair in less than 5 minutes. It's a cakewalk and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

You feel nothing and you're in an out of the chair in less than 5 minutes. It's a cakewalk and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Just don't get it done in Mexico or you'll end up like a guy I know did, with blood coming out of your eyes.