Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

UP AND ADAM posted:

The 420 improv4humans is still amazing, even though I listened too it to much already.

Seconding this. If you haven't heard it go listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Started relistening to it on the bus today and I'm cracking up.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I've listened to it so many times I feel like I know it by heart, but it still cracks me up every time when Gemberling is just munching away on chips while doing improv and they just weave it into the scene.

"Will you stop eating?!"

e: Besser needs to be on Doug With High again and do some stories and bring some people, it owns.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Zsinjeh posted:

I've listened to it so many times I feel like I know it by heart, but it still cracks me up every time when Gemberling is just munching away on chips while doing improv and they just weave it into the scene.

"Will you stop eating?!"

e: Besser needs to be on Doug With High again and do some stories and bring some people, it owns.

Hey stop eating the sandwich!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
That reminds me, Mike Still is really sharp every time he's on too, e.g. the intern episode with Zach Woods.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Sounds like we might get Wompler, Reardon and Gino for the next Wompler birthday episode in August.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm a sucker for MIDI jokes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Ian Edwards, yay! I immediately went to purchase his album.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I idolize Brendon Small. Home Movies is probably my favorite TV show ever. But he was just so amazing, so effortless, so onpoint with the guitar today. He kept the straight-man "I don't get what's so funny", never indulging in dumb questions, so perfectly. (Maybe as an homage to his corporate, not-funny character)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

I idolize Brendon Small. Home Movies is probably my favorite TV show ever. But he was just so amazing, so effortless, so onpoint with the guitar today. He kept the straight-man "I don't get what's so funny", never indulging in dumb questions, so perfectly. (Maybe as an homage to his corporate, not-funny character)

Guy is stupidly talented.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Should I watch Metalocalypse if Home Movies is one of my favorite shows but I have an irrational hatred of death metal, even in an ironic capacity?

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
No.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Poopy Palpy posted:

Should I watch Metalocalypse if Home Movies is one of my favorite shows but I have an irrational hatred of death metal, even in an ironic capacity?

I don't like death metal at all and I still like Metalocalypse. It's still no Home Movies, though

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Yes definitely.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

I don't think any hatred of death metal could possibly be irrational.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I don't think any hatred of death metal could possibly be irrational.

I still think Amon Amarth is legitimately decent, and I dig Red Fang, though I'd say both bands are on the "softer" edge of death metal, if either even qualify. Beyond that, the whole death metal thing is only slightly less embarrassing than bronies or furries or whatever.

To echo what a couple of people have already said, Metalacolypse is pretty goddamn funny, but don't hold it up for comparison against Home Movies because that show was just brilliant. It's worth watching a few episodes on Netflix, if nothing else.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
There's some beautiful music on metalocalypse if you're not one of those squares who'll go "I just don't like the screaming".

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Poopy Palpy posted:

Both shows feature Brendon's absolute disdain for David Lee Roth, so sure give it a try.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Okonner posted:

There's some beautiful music on metalocalypse if you're not one of those squares who'll go "I just don't like the screaming".

Always my favourite cut from the first record, absolute props for writing actual believable tracks for the show rather than just winging it on what fits the stereotype. So much fan service in the show, but how many shows really cater towards metal fans? I still want to go eat at Dimmu Burger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Poopy Palpy posted:

How irrational? Because Metalocalypse is awesome and has a lot of the same charms Home Movies did, but it's all wrapped in a metal shell and features at least one metal track per episode.

basically if you can watch the first part of this and pretend it's Melissa and Jason talking, you're good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbn7oxXh38

Maduo fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 18, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
You can really tell Scott doesn't read the plugs theme names or contributors ahead of time because of the way he read Jizzy Gillespie and the Cummy Bears

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Just watch Bob's Burgers. Brendon Small is an amazingly cool dude, but with how Metalocalypse turned out I can't help but wonder if he was the lesser half of that creative team.

edit: I also want to throw some love out for the Life & Times of Tim, while we're on the subject of crudely drawn cartoons with great improvised dialogue.

freeipods fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 18, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

freeipods posted:

I also want to throw some love out for the Life & Times of Tim, while we're on the subject of crudely drawn cartoons with great improvised dialogue.

Such a great show, and it really feels like they did all the dialogue in a single take sat around the table while laughing their asses off.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

YES

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
I wish we could see the top time stamp, it seems like Paul will take days to reply but Scott gives the exchange the attention it deserves.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I have no idea what “Next Time on Lonny” is. Is it worth a look?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Kind of want to change my name to Technicality No Down Boo Over. Or something else CBB related. But I'm drunk on lack of sleep so probably I shouldn't do anything.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Teenage Fansub posted:

I have no idea what “Next Time on Lonny” is. Is it worth a look?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnXlhzicx0

Seems equal parts omg random monkey cheese and zach braffish monologue.

edit: ok 95% monkey cheese

Hollis Brown fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 20, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Kind of want to change my name to Technicality No Down Boo Over. Or something else CBB related. But I'm drunk on lack of sleep so probably I shouldn't do anything.

Technicality No Down Boo Over?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

urk the quack posted:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

One of us... One of us...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Okonner posted:

I wish we could see the top time stamp, it seems like Paul will take days to reply but Scott gives the exchange the attention it deserves.

Oh, I thought the blue was PFT.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

One of us... One of us...

It's too long :(

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

That sounds like a technicality no down boo over.
Or, as it was said in the original: technicality. No. Down. Boo! Over.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Squishy posted:

technicality. No. Down. Boo! Over.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Beeez posted:

Oh, I thought the blue was PFT.

I'm like 99% sure the blue is PFT. And the timestamps are above the texts they accompany.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I feel like a gathering of some of this thread's participants in a bar would make for a fun bro hang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

I'm like 99% sure the blue is PFT. And the timestamps are above the texts they accompany.

Oh, I gotcha, that's not how it works on my phone so I guess I just assumed.