Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Most are a goddamned mess:

"Berdwole" :downs:

Hamprone Berdwole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

namaste berdwolf

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Most are a goddamned mess:

UampiJr
BerdwolF

...what?

Oh poo poo, it's 'Vampire' and 'Werewolf' isn't it? That's atrocious.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

victorious posted:

UampiJr
BerdwolF

...what?

Oh poo poo, it's 'Vampire' and 'Werewolf' isn't it? That's atrocious.

Anyone who gets that style of tattoo ends up having an atrocious "work of art"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Unfunny Poster posted:

Anyone who gets that style of tattoo ends up having an atrocious "work of art"

My favourites are the ones that say the exact same thing in both views but are so badly designed that they're illegible. The whole point of ambigrams is that they're two designs in one, why they gently caress would anyone get a lovely unreadable ambigram that says the same thing twice?

This one is even on the guy's torso he can't 'flip' the ambigram to show you the exact same 'alternate' text without standing on his head.

live For ever

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know LeVar Burton has a decent ambigram tattoo that says "LeVar" one way and "Kunta" the other. I dig LeVar and I'm glad he's not only harping on the TNG wagon but still embracing Roots and Reading Rainbow.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Baron von Eevl posted:

I know LeVar Burton has a decent ambigram tattoo that says "LeVar" one way and "Kunta" the other. I dig LeVar and I'm glad he's not only harping on the TNG wagon but still embracing Roots and Reading Rainbow.

Here, I'll post it ya lazy bum:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I've seen one or two which work well and are clearly legible in both views:

What the gently caress is an 'artosoifnet'??

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Kajeesus posted:

What the gently caress is an 'artosoifnet'??

art and science, but it does look more like artosoifnet.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

My favourites are the ones that say the exact same thing in both views but are so badly designed that they're illegible. The whole point of ambigrams is that they're two designs in one, why they gently caress would anyone get a lovely unreadable ambigram that says the same thing twice?

This one is even on the guy's torso he can't 'flip' the ambigram to show you the exact same 'alternate' text without standing on his head.

live For ever

Line Fo Le Sney?

I feel like cursive is becoming some kind of Scottish Rune style written language that no one really knows.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Elysiume posted:

Vampire/Werewolf

Clearly it says Hampire and Berdwolf.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Good lord. Levar is legit awesome, RR was my favourite show as a kid, and his role as Kunta Kinte was a landmark, but the dude seriously will not ever shut up about Kunta. It's bordering on creepy too that he is always referring to himself as Kunta as well. Great, amazing role, it was almost 40 years ago, lets dial it back a bit.

Bloody Hedgehog has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jun 17, 2014

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Good lord. Levar is legit awesome, RR was my favourite show as a kid, and his role as Kunta Kinte was a landmark, but the dude seriously will not ever shut up about Kunta. It's bordering on creepy too that he is always referring to himself as Kunta as well. Great, amazing role, it was almost 40 years ago, lets dial it back a bit.

Literally the most important role a black man had ever been offered on television in the history of the United States, and to this day hasn't really been surpassed too many times in terms of cultural importance and racial understanding. Levar Burton could become president of the United States and playing Kunta Kinte might still be the most important thing he'd ever do in his life.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhOG3XwX9Yw#t=02m05s

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh well, more fish for Kunta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhOG3XwX9Yw

edit - god dammit, I should have clicked that link before posting :cripes:

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Good lord. Levar is legit awesome, RR was my favourite show as a kid

donate to the kickstarter to Bring Reading Rainbow Back For Every Child Everywhere.

content:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Already have! I don't have kids myself, but I'd love it if my two nieces and newborn nephew can grow up learning to love reading from Levar and crew. My favourite ep was the one where he went to the aquarium, and read the book about the kid turning into a fish. Gives me an ear to ear grin just thinking about that show.

Butterfly in the sky, bitches.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

That looks nothing like "Toby" no matter how I look at it.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Meatwave posted:

Here, I'll post it ya lazy bum:

David Mitchell looks good with ink

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys
Ah, now we know the frequency modulation of the Enterprise shields. Fire disrupters!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

That looks nothing like "Toby" no matter how I look at it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

But whats huol mean?

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
It says Kunta. There really is nothing funnier than goons pretending they can't read poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

caveman thug poo poo posted:

It says Kunta Toby.

:colbert:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:whip: TOBY! :whip:

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

caveman thug poo poo posted:

It says Kunta. There really is nothing funnier than goons pretending they can't read poo poo.

You enjoy goons who pretend to be illiterate? Because I'm sure a few of us could name plenty of things funnier then that.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

But whats huol mean?

Be a star.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

birdlaw posted:

Be a star.

Oh man, I can hear him breathing.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

RFC2324 posted:

But whats huol mean?

Not sure if it's just coincidence, but it almost looks like 'Roots' except for the s at the end there is a bit of a reach.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
You've all forgotten the OG ambigram tattoo:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You've all forgotten the OG ambigram tattoo:

wow, such messaging

Your Computer