Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
:siren: June Oath Complete :siren:

Didn't manage to speedpaint it, since I'm lazy as hell, but that's another biker down. Sorry for the not-so-great photos. The ipad is passable, but I really should buy a proper camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!
Oath Complete!

Tyrant Xerxis

Praetorian Swordsmen and Unit attachment

edited to add user name to images

Warboot fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 15, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Warboot posted:

Oath Complete!

I'm giving you the point for the Jurnal (as static grass is above and beyond the 'sand, paint, and wash' default that was described), but you can get another point if you put your username on your pictures (even with MS Paint). :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Android posted:

I, Android, Oath one orc battle standard bearer (GW, with a Maxmini head added on)

Accepted!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Going for the Journal and Box Art on this one, so that should net me Double the Fun too!

Image reference for the Box Art:

And, as a bonus since I had the pic, here's my oathed mini from last month In Battle!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath one 7th Foxtrot Ranger (Corvus Belli) and eleven 6mm Norman Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
OATH ADDITION these 3 bases!

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 16, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath one 7th Foxtrot Ranger (Corvus Belli) and eleven 6mm Norman Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures)

signalnoise posted:

OATH ADDITION these 3 bases!

Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: PRIZE UPDATE! :siren:

Airbrushes.com will be providing a Neo by iwata airbrush as a grand prize, plus Quarterly prizes of 2 Wilder Gunpowder Line weathering pigments!

I'd like to ask if anyone wants airbrush equipment, weathering powders, compressors, etc., and you go to airbrushes.com (they're UK-based) PLEASE PLEASE use the 'SA Oath Thread' marketing code - this tells them who referred them to the site!

And actually, if you order from ANY of our prize sponsors (especially KR Multicase, who haven't committed yet for this year), please mention the 'Something Awful Oath Thread Painting Competition' - it helps everyone out by telling the companies that we are pushing sales to them!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I need to get a couple more card cases of foam from KR soon, I'll remember to do that when I buy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is gonna sound a bit like shilling but eh whatever. I just wanted to mention that I currently use an Iwata Neo alongside my Badger Sotar 2020, and I find these two airbrushes compliment each other nicely. The Neo is great for priming, base coating, zenithal highlighting, terrain, and can do a fine enough line to do some shadowing/highlighting strokes on a 28mm-sized figure. It's a good entry-level airbrush that pretty much anyone who paints minis can get use out of, and it's well-made and easy to clean and adjust. I'd say it's a great prize for anyone thinking about getting into airbrushing with their modeling hobby.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I reviewed the CN (double action) and TRN2 (trigger double action) models of the Neo airbrushes for an RC car magazine, and I was pleasantly surprised by them. For the price they're actually pretty good, the only niggle I had with them was cleaning the threads of the interchangeable paint cups. The trigger one is really comfortable as well, but the threads keep me from using it regularly. It'd make a great basing and priming airbrush though.

NTRabbit posted:

I need to get a couple more card cases of foam from KR soon, I'll remember to do that when I buy

Awesome, thanks! I'm actually kinda desperate for the KR thing to work out, so the more the merrier.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

I would like to claim these as a Themed Group, and I will also give the one time bonus for the Parts List in a tutorial form. Everything's GW unless otherwise noted.
Genestealers
- Spray prime Army Painter Crystal Blue
- Wash Asurmen Blue
- Drybrush Army Painter Crystal Blue
- Drybrush Lothern Blue
- Paint purple parts Xereus Purple
- Drybrush purple parts Genestealer Purple
- Wash purple parts with Leviathan Purple or modern equivalent
- Drybrush purple parts Genestealer Purple
- Paint claws and teeth Steel Legion Drab
- Paint claws and teeth Screaming Skull
- Wash claws and teeth with Gryphonne Sepia or modern equivalent
- Paint eyes Skull White or modern equivalent
- Paint tongue Mephiston Red
- Highlight Tongue with Evil Sunz Scarlet

Bases (by http://www.champindustries.net/)
- Spray prime black
- Paint Leadbelcher
- Wash Nuln Oil
- Wash Agrax Earthshade
- Drybrush Leadbelcher
- Paint gold areas Balthasar Gold
- Paint gold areas Gehenna's Gold
- Wash gold areas Agrax Earthshade
- Highlight gold areas with Auric Armor Gold
- Randomly dab blotches of Thrakka Green and Reikland Fleshshade around the metal areas
- Paint caution stripe areas black
- Paint caution stripes in Averland Sunset
- Highlight caution stripes with Yriel Yellow

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!
Time to tempt fate! More models to Oath! I Warboot Oath Dispoiler, 2 Void spirits, Orin Midwinter, and the 2 model Tyrant Rhadeim

Good thing I have a couple days off this week with no plans!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

krushgroove posted:

I reviewed the CN (double action) and TRN2 (trigger double action) models of the Neo airbrushes for an RC car magazine, and I was pleasantly surprised by them. For the price they're actually pretty good, the only niggle I had with them was cleaning the threads of the interchangeable paint cups. The trigger one is really comfortable as well, but the threads keep me from using it regularly. It'd make a great basing and priming airbrush though.

My main brush is a CN - the TRN2 looks really nice, though it's a lot pricier too. Is that just the trigger mechanism, or is it an overall better unit?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I Black_Nexus Oath 5 Drudge thralls?(Warmachine, Privateer press) and one infinity alguacil with sniper rifle(And custom base)

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 17, 2014

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! 10 Immortals, 3 Ancestral Guardians, and Hakaar the Destroyer
These are Privateer Press

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Warboot posted:

Time to tempt fate! More models to Oath! I Warboot Oath Dispoiler, 2 Void spirits, Orin Midwinter, and the 2 model Tyrant Rhadeim

Good thing I have a couple days off this week with no plans!

Black_Nexus posted:

I Black_Nexus Oath 5 Drudge thralls?(Warmachine, Privateer press) and one infinity alguacil with sniper rifle(And custom base)

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! 10 Immortals, 3 Ancestral Guardians, and Hakaar the Destroyer
These are Privateer Press

Accepted!

muskets posted:

My main brush is a CN - the TRN2 looks really nice, though it's a lot pricier too. Is that just the trigger mechanism, or is it an overall better unit?

The main difference is the trigger - if your finger gets cramped up or you have hand problems (arthritis, etc.) then it could be just the thing. Here's the review I did (some pages may be hard to read):
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NbnBFSZDYhI/UzlLDNaD-6I/AAAAAAAAjBU/Z5FHN_wy9vc/w667-h889-no/20140331_101656.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bKJbSj_GwY4/UzlLDLKJ5aI/AAAAAAAAjBk/FGeUlDZ9Sqg/w667-h889-no/20140331_101709.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-SkqdCP6-9KM/UzlLDIYdlHI/AAAAAAAAjB0/L66vY2kLae0/w667-h889-no/20140331_101732.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_XX69WAsJ0s/UzlLDHUoEkI/AAAAAAAAjCE/Wys-kI2sL2I/w667-h889-no/20140331_101746.jpg

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 17, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Here's the May Slideshow and Photo Album!

Slideshow (just click and enjoy)

Photo Album (all the pictures! AT ONCE!!)

I haven't sent these to the judges yet, so everyone please check to make sure your completed Oath picture(s) are in there!

I had to add user names to a few folk's pictures, which means you guys LOST OUT on a point each - you may not be interested in collection points for the end of the year, but a single point can drop you out of the running for Grand Prizes...or it can mean the difference between first and second! I simple write my username on a piece of paper and have that in the picture, other people use cool fonts and things, so there's various ways to get that vital point!

Also, I'm not that bothered about the size of photos this time around (Google photo albums show the largest available picture based on the browser window size) but I'd like to request that if you have multiple oaths you're finishing off, please quote your earlier Oath Complete post, it just makes it easier to get your photos if they're all in one post :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: May Prizes! :siren:

Springer Pinsel set, May 2014 1d75 23
This goes to Mt. ORourke!

$10 OpenBookShelf credit (from goon Dagon!), May 2014 1d75 33
This goes to Haydrian!

Troll Trader prize, May 2014 1d75 49
This goes to WhiteOutMouse!

Dragon Forge prize, May 2014 1d75 27
This goes to moths!

Goon Grab Bag pick, May 2014 1d75 7
This goes to lovestick!

And finally, we have a special one-time prize, courtesy of goon Two Feet from Bread! The winner gets a $25 voucher for anything in his SA Mart thread!

Two Feet from Bread's $25 of Warhamms, May 2014 1d75 39
The winner is counterspin!

Congrats to all winners!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
WOOO! it's all happening!

I have addresses for many of you already, if I do I'll get your loot in the post this week!

If I don't have your address I'll be in touch!

Mt. ORourke - I'll get your pack of Springer-Pinsel brushes in the mail this week!

Haydrian - email me so I can put you in touch with Dagon!

WhiteOutMouse - I'll have a photo album of Troll Trader goodies up soon and will post here and be in touch!

moths - go here for instructions on how to claim your Dragon Forge Designs prize http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forge

lovestick - we're still compiling the Season 5 Grab Bag, I'll be in touch when the photo album is ready!

counterspin - email me so I can put you in touch with Two Feet from Bread! (or just PM them)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 17, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

Goon Grab Bag pick, May 2014 1d75 7
This goes to lovestick!

Here's a limited list of what's in the Grab Bag right now! If you'd rather hold out for Warhamms, there should be more of that in other donating goons' current possessions. :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I'd convinced myself the prize draws had taken place already, ha :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah, busy busy busy! We'll have our ducks in a row next month :P

It behooves me (I don't get to use that phrase much, sorry) to say that UK/EU goons will be choosing from Grab Bag loot that I've got on hand, and US/North American goons will be choosing from loot that Manifest has on hand (and, for the moment, what Iris of Ether has available that she is donating). So lovestick, if you're in North America there's a lot of stuff you can pick from! If you're from the UK (sorry didn't finish this when I originally posted this) I'll be tossing in a few things of my own, plus whatever else I get from UK goons.

This is also a call to goons in the UK and EU to send me your models that you think need more love than what you can give! Send me your stuff for the Grab Bag! PM or email me if you've got anything you want to donate :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 17, 2014

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

I haven't sent these to the judges yet, so everyone please check to make sure your completed Oath picture(s) are in there!

The picture of my horse dudes aren't in there. Here's the post http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=142632#post430383507.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, busy busy busy! We'll have our ducks in a row next month :P

It behooves me (I don't get to use that phrase much, sorry) to say that UK/EU goons will be choosing from Grab Bag loot that I've got on hand, and US/North American goons will be choosing from loot that Manifest has on hand (and, for the moment, what Iris of Ether has available that she is donating). So lovestick, if you're in North America there's a lot of stuff you can pick from! If you're from the UK

This is also a call to goons in the UK and EU to send me your models that you think need more love than what you can give! Send me your stuff for the Grab Bag! PM or email me if you've got anything you want to donate :)

I actually wonder if anyone will give a poo poo about half the poo poo I'm sending you guys but I guess we'll see!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
You never know, I would have loved to be able to buy many of the things that got sent in for the Grab Bag last year!

Got all yours in there now!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Missing my Archidon close up here, which is my fault for putting it at the end of the post. I wanted to build dramatic tension for the unveiling after the journal, which would have worked better had I not inexplicably chosen the most washed out picture I had.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 17, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

My ship is in there, so that's fine, but you've got two copies of the same photo. If possible I'd rather the judges see a different angle, if one of the other photos from my post could be included?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

I can only see my Trukk in there, not the executioner or Boyz. Then again those pics suck so maybe it's for the best.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9 has all the May pics in

Congratulations to May's winners!

Also if I get the chance this weekend I'll dig through my stuff and see if there's anything suitable for the UK Grab Bag.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I, MasterSlowPoke, am oathing a converted Wyrmgear (Reapers Bones 28mm):

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: May Prizes! :siren:

Springer Pinsel set, May 2014 1d75 23
This goes to Mt. ORourke!

Congrats to all winners!

Awesome I won something! PM me if you need any info. My address from last year is good if you still have it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What is this going to be? My instinct says Maulerfiend.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Missing my Archidon close up here, which is my fault for putting it at the end of the post. I wanted to build dramatic tension for the unveiling after the journal, which would have worked better had I not inexplicably chosen the most washed out picture I had.
OK, yep, it was at the very bottom, that's why I missed it! Will pay more attention next time :)

Leperflesh posted:

My ship is in there, so that's fine, but you've got two copies of the same photo. If possible I'd rather the judges see a different angle, if one of the other photos from my post could be included?
Ah OK, your initial Oath Complete post has the same 2 pics so that's what I used :) I thought the second picture might be slightly different for some reason. Didn't see the second post so I had to go through your post history for it (I'm just using the spreadsheet links)

Zark the Damned posted:

I can only see my Trukk in there, not the executioner or Boyz. Then again those pics suck so maybe it's for the best.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9 has all the May pics in

Congratulations to May's winners!

Also if I get the chance this weekend I'll dig through my stuff and see if there's anything suitable for the UK Grab Bag.
Found 'em! Also any stuff for the UK/EU Grab Bag would be great! The US Grab Bag is literally overflowing right now!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Accepted!

Mt. ORourke posted:

Awesome I won something! PM me if you need any info. My address from last year is good if you still have it.
Great! Will get them packed up in the next day or two.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

JerryLee posted:

What is this going to be? My instinct says Maulerfiend.

Displacer Dragon.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Oh god, it's so late in the month and I haven't done anything yet! Crapcrapcrap, what's here? Ok...

I, Haydrian, do oath five Games Workshop Ork Boyz for the month of June

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Haydrian posted:

Oh god, it's so late in the month and I haven't done anything yet! Crapcrapcrap, what's here? Ok...

I'm on to basing my 400 odd soldiers, just to rub it in.....

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, do oath five Games Workshop Ork Boyz for the month of June

Accepted!

Pictures for some of the Season 5 prizes are on their way, just need to upload them and stick 'em in their folders, post 'em here, put 'em on the wiki...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
WhiteOutMouse - Choose your Troll Trader prize! https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6026546588218323073?authkey=CLCfg6emro-o3QE

There's miniature rulebooks and lots of TTCombat.com MDF stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I will choose the Ork Watchtower. Just in time too!

Yay prizes! :toot:

• Locked thread