Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my hungry womanhood cries out for meat

make love to me! i'm fruity gordo and i vote greens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I have a friend who got a "job" with a company that sounds exactly the same anidav. They even had a bullshit career progression chart thing like the one you showed. It's exploitative nonsense, don't waste your time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You should really go vegetarian to save the environment, Fruity! I'm so disappointed.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bifauxnen posted:

You should really go vegetarian to save the environment, Fruity! I'm so disappointed.
i'm disappointed too

in my inability to find someone to sexually and spiritually fulfil me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey wait a minute, this isn't GBS apparently?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Watch out AusPol, it's an anime poster!!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

I, Butthole posted:

Watch out AusPol, it's an anime poster!!
i'm not, i'm a highly respected regular

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
...ok, i admit it, i'm not fruity gordo. i'm an imposter.

:smith:

i just wanted to fit in and make friends

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Redeye Flight posted:

Yeah, if that's your method I really can't blame you.

What else can a kid do? Can't hand out resumes in person without being told to wait online. I tried asking for phone numbers and I got about 10~ numbers I called, 3 of them blocked my number after I left a voice message. Being treated like spam mail by an upper class of mangers is a depressing place to be.

My last exam is on the 18th and I would love to hatch a plan to use my free time better than online applications all holidays. I just need a lead but all I have is friends who work at Coles and reply "yeah it's tough hey."

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

My last exam is on the 18th and I would love to hatch a plan to use my free time better than online applications all holidays. I just need a lead but all I have is friends who work at Coles and reply "yeah it's tough hey."

Stacking shelves got me through uni , flexible schedule with not completely poo poo pay. Have you applied to woolies/coles?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Thanks, this is great!

Senor Tron posted:

The site seems to be a bit broken through archive.org, but you could try digging around anyway: https://web.archive.org/web/20040901013515/http://www.liberal.org.au/

For the ultimate 90's rush, check out their 1996 homepage: https://web.archive.org/web/19961109121927/http://www.liberal.org.au/

Thanks also to you :)

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Creative writing time:

On the Nature of Hard Work

It is natural for the conservative to praise above all things hard work. He has never before in his life had an original or creative thought that would allow him to ease his burdens and so homo economicus resents homo sapiens. In all relations there is a dialectic. The noise is inseparable from the signal. Opposing the inherent inefficiencies knowable only to the worker - intimately familiar as he is with the means of production - the conservative becomes aware that a creative opportunity exists somewhere that he is not party to. It must be contained and harnessed so as not to render his position obsolete. Hence the conservative, convinced of his own superiority and high standing, is intrinsically hostile to change, innovation, knowledge, science and invention without even his being conscious of it. This is true no matter the simplicity of the system, as all systems are inherently dialectical. The more complicated the system the more opportunity to realise efficiencies. The conservative therefore perceives as his most important task the destruction of systems nominally devoted to fostering imagination, creativity and innovation, though this fostering is in fact the product of the system itself and hence impossible to erase. With every misguided alteration, new efficiencies are created. The vicious cycle of hard work becoming harder is reinforced. The simple dialectic of hard work as possessing special virtue while far more productive, and as a result easier work is labelled wasteful, has quietly achieved this feat since prehistory. Because he does not comprehend the nature of creative work (having not allowed himself the time to do much of it) the conservative confuses productive, innovative and therefore necessarily expandable work with laziness and immorality, vice and greed, and defensively projects his own neurosis upon others. “I am naturally simply a harder worker than they are, why should they be rewarded with higher productivity and acclaim? They are simply too lazy to work hard, and what is worse, since they may be unwilling to divulge their productive inclinations to their natural superiors, they must be compelled to divulge them. I resent that. They must be taking advantage of me in some way, laughing at me the whole time, either because of my excessive generosity or incautious profligacy. Nothing a bit of belt-tightening won’t fix. How have these lowly peasants enslaved me in such a way?” Such are the circuitous thoughts of the conservative.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

You've certainly got the density down.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/509-critique-of-economic-reason
http://issuu.com/zacdempster/docs/andre_gorz_critique_of_economic_rea
You might like this book.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Hemingway is an app for simplifying sentences. Ironically, it butchers actual Hemingway.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
Things Quantum Mechanic Should Not Do At Greens SDCs:

Audibly mutter "Oh shut the gently caress up, Byron" as Byron Greens again attempt to stonewall anything resembling a principled stand against anything but fluoride by abusing raising points of process.

Fortunately the only person who heard me nearly peed themselves laughing.

I also made a spirited speech that's in part led to a proposal going out by the Quick Decision-Making Process for NSW to request that the party room block supply :D

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Im going to join PUP and report back on what happens. Wish me well.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Redeye Flight posted:

I was offered a job like this when I was getting out of college, selling kitchenware. I was going to be basically expected to shill to my friends and family.

A. This wouldn't work if the gear was poo poo, my mother and grandmother were caterers for decades, they know good kitchenware and have all they need. B. It's an incredibly, UNBELIEVABLY sleazy way to operate.

Don't take a job like this, dude. Do not. Get a freakin' coffee shop job or something, anything else. You want a steady wage. You should DEMAND it.

Sounds like a job I went to an interview for back in 2001, was basically some crappy wargaming place in Adelaide with some custom made computer systems with a lovely UI. The guy running the place basically wanted us to go out and con our friends/family into playing this horrible thing and we'd get a flat fee per person we brought in. It was a group interview of like 20 people and I remember just going because I was young and it was two hours playing around on some lovely war game system and laughing with the guy who sat next to me and saw the whole thing for what it was.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Anidav posted:

What else can a kid do? Can't hand out resumes in person without being told to wait online. I tried asking for phone numbers and I got about 10~ numbers I called, 3 of them blocked my number after I left a voice message. Being treated like spam mail by an upper class of mangers is a depressing place to be.

Does QUT have a careers/recruitment service for students? I used the UQ one about 6 months ago and got a great job first try with little experience and a lovely GPA. Granted I probably did get pretty lucky on that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Update: Federal Labor still poo poo:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/17/labor-caucus-rejects-calls-to-abandon-support-for-offshore-processing

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Those crazy fuckin' women!

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/crown_our_crazy_queen/#pd_a_8127762

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Jesus loving christ.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Zenithe posted:

Stacking shelves got me through uni , flexible schedule with not completely poo poo pay. Have you applied to woolies/coles?

They don't actually tell you when positions are available just let you apply for "expression of interest" all year round. I would kill for a job at a supermarket.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ler posted:

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/crown_our_crazy_queen/#pd_a_8127762

What the gently caress.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
What do you mean this country has a problem with misogyny, ya oval office?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
Those hysterical females amirite guys?? :shrek:

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
Actually, that's perfect for spreading on social media and getting a campaign going that will at least ruin his day, if not actually damage his career. He's dumb enough to over-step dog whistle territory

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Actually, that's perfect for spreading on social media and getting a campaign going that will at least ruin his day, if not actually damage his career. He's dumb enough to over-step dog whistle territory

Already started sharing on my twitter.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Ler posted:

:stare:

Stay classy, News.

e: why did i read the comments

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

They don't actually tell you when positions are available just let you apply for "expression of interest" all year round. I would kill for a job at a supermarket.

If you know people who are working at coles or woolies and they just shrug at you, they're shitlords, they can still ask their manager and put in a word for you. Most jobs gained are usually via networking/word of mouth anyway.

I'll also say that Kelly Services are good too, I went through them and got my permanent job through the temp position they got me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have a friend who works at a Grill'd who straight up told me he bins resumes he gets specifically because he has a continuous fear that new people will fill up the roster and "steal his hours". Such is life in a paranoid casualized Australia.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Ler posted:

Lol I just tried to send a complaint through on there lovely website and my lovely tablet crashed due to low memory on their lovely website. I will log into my spiffy computer and complain there instead. Those guys suck.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The Government is so desperate to "Stop the Browns" from reaching our shores, that they've denied visas to the family of the asylum seeker who set himself on fire, so that they could attend his funeral over fears that they'd use the opportunity to claim asylum.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

TheHeadSage posted:

The Government is so desperate to "Stop the Browns" from reaching our shores, that they've denied visas to the family of the asylum seeker who set himself on fire, so that they could attend his funeral over fears that they'd use the opportunity to claim asylum.
Every time Scott "Killer" and alleged christian Morrision comes up in any context what so ever his face needs to be rubbed in this. He had the ability to have this changed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kelly Services is weird, their job listings for 'Casual' and 'Brisbane' is literally 0.

Also:

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

citation_needed.jpg

Rhodry
Mar 4, 2001

Excuse me. Did somebody say they were lookin' for the baaadest detective in town?
Hi goons, I wouldn't normally do this, but I NEED YOUR HELP. If you're in Victoria, that is.

I'm currently the Greens candidate for Caulfield in the Victorian State Election, and we're having a fundraising movie night this coming Monday. Only problem is, I've barely had time to promote it >.<

We need to get at least 50 people to make it worthwhile, would any of you guys like to see a double feature at the Astor of two Hayao Miyazaki Films?

If so, then go right here! http://victoria.greens.org.au/caulfield_greens_film_night_23_06 and RSVP and buy tickets online so we know how many to arrange at the theatre.

You may now return to Morrison-chat.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Vladimir Poutine posted:

citation_needed.jpg

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

I have a friend who works at a Grill'd who straight up told me he bins resumes he gets specifically because he has a continuous fear that new people will fill up the roster and "steal his hours". Such is life in a paranoid casualized Australia.

That is exactly what a lot of casuals at other places, like Coles and Woolies feel too. It's better to shut them down then have to compete for precious hours/wages.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TheHeadSage posted:

I'd say something about scraping the bottom of the barrel but I'm pretty sure they're boring their way to the mantle* at this point.

*the mantle contains hot, delicious zyklon b showers for the refugeesuntermensch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

TheHeadSage posted:

The best part is his (Scott Morrison) alleged strong xtian beliefs. They're so strong they've broken through logic and reason to be the exact opposite of the bible's teaching. Help the poor? No that obviously means gently caress the poor. A friend in need? They're a "friend" indeed! Hah!

• Locked thread