Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TerminalSaint posted:

Thanks for going out of your way and popping out kids with supernatural powers despite there being no selective pressure towards it, evolution.

Ironically enough, the conditions required for the Indigo mutation are high levels of CFCs and ultraviolet radiation. The Montreal Protocol effectively closed the door to future pure Indigo births. Now the mutation is degrading back into the genetic average, as evidenced by the second generation, or "Crystal" children, who are but a faint imitation of their Indigo parent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pththya-lyi posted:

The best article about Indigo children is the one that was in the Dallas Observer back in 2006, just because of the one little boy it profiled. Young Dusk's father, Jaired Conrad, suspected that his eight-year-old was an indigo child and took him and his brother to see a film about indigos at Dallas' Unity Church:

Evidently the Unity Church attendees - and the journalist who wrote the article - were unaware of the 2005 cartoon series Avatar: The Last Airbender, which chronicled the adventures of a young boy who'd spent 100 years sleeping in an iceberg and has the power to psycho-kinetically manipulate the elements of earth, air, water, and fire. But several readers of the Dallas Observer were aware, and they wrote to the paper about the mistake.

:lol: I was going to say it sounded like The Tomorrow People, but this is so much better.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sir Rolo posted:

Jenny McCarthy is amazing:

Yeah, I was sitting in a bus and suddenly this guy tells me to quiet down, and imparts upon me this magical wisdom: "Do you know what 1 times 1 is? It's zero. Think about it!" I blurted out: "no, you're wrong", and moved on with my life, because sometimes people say really cooky things to you in public! :haw:

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

HFX posted:

Don't be dense. There are plenty of people on the right who are world famous. The real idea here is that they are contradicting the narrative about liberal elites go through universities. They are also not technically correct about things like Jeff Foxworthy as someone pointed out. More importantly is the list is selective to portray a certain message.

Not to mention they resort to referring to a number of Australian and British citizens as "Democrats."

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TerminalSaint posted:

Thanks for going out of your way and popping out kids with supernatural powers despite there being no selective pressure towards it, evolution.

To be fair novel traits can arise in situations where the selective pressure is neutral.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I saw a documentary on this phenomenon once, it was called Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

EDIT: What I'm saying is that these indigo people have less self-awareness than literal anime teenagers

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 16, 2014

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

HFX posted:

Don't be dense. There are plenty of people on the right who are world famous. The real idea here is that they are contradicting the narrative about liberal elites go through universities. They are also not technically correct about things like Jeff Foxworthy as someone pointed out. More importantly is the list is selective to portray a certain message.

It's a list of selected liberal celebrities who dropped out of high school and a list of selected conservative/republican celebrities who went to college. It's so incredibly inane and misleading that it's not even really worth talking about, especially since it's not trying to make an actual point other than "liberals are dumb because some liberals dropped out of high school". Nevermind that conservatives exist who dropped out of high school, nevermind that education isn't an absolute determination of intellect, and nevermind that many conservatives belittle the "liberal bias" found in higher education. It's literally "pee pee doo doo liberals are dumb".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Tarezax posted:

I saw a documentary on this phenomenon once, it was called Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

"Love is also a corpse in two diseases"?

Well, then.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Saw this good one.

They take all of our money before they take our jorbs. :911:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Hot drat. Where can I get an abortion phone? Should I contact the office that sends my weekly Soros check?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Shouldn't republicans support birth control/abortions for illegal immigrants? I thought they didn't want immigrants having those US Citizen anchor babies. Or does love of fetuses outweigh hatred of immigration?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

America basically needs anchor babies if it wants to avoid demographic collapse which is why I think the issue is kind of viewed mixedly even by the GOP.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ashcans posted:

Shouldn't republicans support birth control/abortions for illegal immigrants? I thought they didn't want immigrants having those US Citizen anchor babies. Or does love of fetuses outweigh hatred of immigration?

Their solution will be to repeal the 14th Amendment. :ssh:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I imagine in macroland everything is peachy as long as the fetus stays inside the womb. Don't abort it because that's killing children and certainly don't give birth to it in the US because anchor babies :freep:

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
healthcare. dental. cash. things that are free in the US

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Rolo posted:

Jenny McCarthy is amazing:

So Jenny McCarthy thinks wisdom comes from blurting words out of your face without thinking at all? That's uhh...hmmmm...

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Duke Igthorn posted:

So Jenny McCarthy thinks wisdom comes from blurting words out of your face without thinking at all? That's uhh...hmmmm...

That's pretty much the definition of "Indigo". Reject authority, think of yourself as better because you're different and don't fit in, regurgitate vaguely "spiritual" or "philosophical" tripe uncritically, repeat. There was a pretty critical thread about Indigo people on another forum, and we'd made a game of figuring out which "guru"'s works the parents had fed into their children for the kids to recite. It was often trivially easy, as the kids - totally not understanding what the crap was supposed to "mean" (for loose definitions of "meaning") - would often just repeat the phrases word-for-word.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Totally not understanding what the crap was supposed to "mean" (for loose definitions of "meaning") - would often just repeat the phrases word-for-word.

Most of the "wisdom of children" nonsense is like this. Kids are really good at regurgitating words they don't quite understand if it means rewards from authority figures. The Louis Theroux documentary where he followed the Westboro Baptist idiots was really good at showing this. This 5-6 year old kid is out there yelling like "god hates fag soldiers," and then Louis lightly asks him what he means by that, and it became very clear that in that kid's head the word "fag" became synonymous with "doo-doo head" or other things you call people you don't like.

You can see Shirley Phelps getting more and more agitated as she realizes the kid is making her look bad, and starts trying to lead him to the answers she wants him to have.

Kids say all sorts of poo poo and behave in all sorts of crazy ways. It's easy to cherry pick the moments where they're talking about being old souls and the merits of free market economics they've heard their parents repeat over and over. It's also easy to ignore children shoving crayons up their nose, running around with scissors, or eating glue when those things are suspiciously absent from the set of the Today Show.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Saw this good one.

They take all of our money before they take our jorbs. :911:

Basic human rights that are out of reach to tens of millions of Americans?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

simmyb posted:

Basic human rights that are out of reach to tens of millions of Americans?

But not out of reach for Mexicans :ironicat::

Healthcare:

quote:

Public Health care delivery is accomplished via an elaborate provisioning and delivery system instituted by the Mexican Federal Government. Public health care is provided to all Mexican citizens as guaranteed via Article 4 of the Constitution. Public care is either fully or partially subsidized by the federal government, depending on the person's (Spanish: derechohabiente's) employment status. All Mexican citizens are eligible for subsidized health care regardless of their work status via a system of health care facilities operating under the federal Secretariat of Health (formerly the Secretaria de Salubridad y Asistencia, or SSA) agency.
The government of the states in Mexico also provide health services independently of those services provided by the federal government programs. In most states, the state government has established free or subsidized healthcare to all their citizens.
Education:

quote:

Proof of Mexican citizenship is required to attend public schools for free.
Abortions may be tricky, but you don't need to go to the US for it:

quote:

Since 2007, abortion procedures are legal and decriminalized in Mexico City for the first 12 weeks into a pregnancy - on request by any woman - but forbidden in 18 out of 31 Mexican states.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Okay, so a family member of mine (who is Republican but not freep-level rightwing) has ended up on a number of mailing lists. Thought I'd share. Here's some pretty unhinged stuff about abolishing the IRS that never forgets to use Obama's full name:

Edit: poo poo, thanks for catching that!

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 17, 2014

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
You forgot to redact his name and address on the last image.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Oh look, a list of formal grievances.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

borkencode posted:

I have to go with (a) Cowards. :smug:

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I have to go with (a) Cowards. :smug:

It takes a lot of courage to add meme text on top of a photoshop filter of a flag on top of an eagle on top of a picture of the constitution.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jurgan posted:

Okay, so a family member of mine (who is Republican but not freep-level rightwing) has ended up on a number of mailing lists. Thought I'd share. Here's some pretty unhinged stuff about abolishing the IRS that never forgets to use Obama's full name:

So like, what's the requirement to send out these things? I feel like creating one of these and then just giving to the SPLC is something I'd like to try my hand at. How likely am I to go to jail for fraud?

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

borkencode posted:

Is the stuff we're currently letting happen better or worse than forcing innocent Japanese-Americans into internment camps? What about slavery or the attempted genocide of the Native Americans? Yeah, I'm sure those things pale in comparison to the unspecified stuff the scary black man is doing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

borkencode posted:

Which particular generation is this image trying to address? The Greatest Generation?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Which particular generation is this image trying to address? The Greatest Generation?

The founders.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guilty Spork posted:

Is the stuff we're currently letting happen better or worse than forcing innocent Japanese-Americans into internment camps? What about slavery or the attempted genocide of the Native Americans? Yeah, I'm sure those things pale in comparison to the unspecified stuff the scary black man is doing.

But these things are inconveniencing white people.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

"middle schoolers are unbelievably retarded"

Farrok
May 29, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

At least Liberals are smart enough to know what "celebrity" means. Because when you think of a relevant person of note, you think of Tom Selleck.

I know folks have said a lot about this, but I'd also legit love to see a comparison of parental income for the people listed in each column.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jurgan posted:

Edit: poo poo, thanks for catching that!

I'm a big fan of the non profit stamp that came with that.

The IRS might have been targeting conservative groups, but when you see poo poo like this, you understand that it made sense.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
A screenshot from the political subforum of a sports board I read. This guy has been banned numerous times for drunk posting and being racist, but always gets to come back a few months later. "gently caress" is autocorrected to 17 on this forum. No, I don't know why.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I saw this on my facebook wall today. http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/06/15/sandy-hook-redux-obama-officials-confirm-drill-children-died/
It seems I need to do another facebook friend purge.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Saw this on a local news channel's story about the Washington NFL team losing some federal trademarks.

The Confederate flag profile picture is just icing on the cake.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I agree, White Castle should be ashamed of their race-baiting ways.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Kro-Bar posted:

Saw this on a local news channel's story about the Washington NFL team losing some federal trademarks.

The Confederate flag profile picture is just icing on the cake.

Because the name Cracker Barrel has to do with a term not used explicitly and solely to denigrate your racial heritage and marginalize you as a subhuman? Also maybe choose a different example:

quote:

MONDAY, MAY 3, 2004

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Department of Justice today announced the filing and settlement of a lawsuit alleging racial discrimination against African-American customers by Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc., a nationwide family restaurant chain. In the agreement, memorialized in a consent order filed with the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Cracker Barrel commits to implementing far reaching changes to policies and practices, to prevent discrimination.

The Justice Department’s complaint alleges that Cracker Barrel violated Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by engaging in a pattern or practice of discrimination against African-American customers and prospective customers on the basis of their race or color. Specifically, the complaint alleges that Cracker Barrel:

- allowed white servers to refuse to wait on African-American customers;

- segregated customer seating by race;

- seated white customers before African-American customers who arrived earlier;

- provided inferior service to African-American customers after they were seated; and

- treated African-Americans who complained about the quality of Cracker Barrel's food or service less favorably than white customers who lodged similar complaints.

The Justice Department’s investigation revealed evidence of such conduct in approximately 50 different Cracker Barrel restaurants in seven states: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
The Justice Department’s investigation included interviews with approximately 150 persons, mostly former Cracker Barrel employees, of whom 80 percent stated that they experienced or witnessed discriminatory treatment of customers at a Cracker Barrel restaurant. The investigation suggested that managers often directed, participated in, or condoned the discriminatory behavior.

Filed with the complaint today in federal court was a jointly filed consent order resolving the allegations. Under the consent order, which remains subject to court approval and which covers Cracker Barrel restaurants nationwide, Cracker Barrel will hire an outside auditor to ensure compliance with its terms. The five-year agreement requires Cracker Barrel to:

- adopt and implement effective nondiscrimination policies and procedures;

- implement new and enhanced training programs to ensure compliance with Title II and the consent order;

- develop and implement an improved system for investigating, tracking, and resolving discrimination complaints;

- retain an outside contractor to test the compliance of Cracker Barrel restaurants with Title II and the order; and

- publicize the company’s nondiscrimination policies.

“To discriminate on the basis of race in the provision of food and service tramples most gravely not only the civil rights laws, but also our nation’s promise of equality,” said R. Alexander Acosta, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division. “We take discrimination in the provision of food and services as seriously today as we did when the Civil Rights Act was passed almost 40 years ago. Where we find evidence, as we did here, that individuals of any race are receiving anything less than full and equal access to public accommodations, we will act.”

Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin in places of public accommodation, such as restaurants and hotels. Under Title II, the Civil Rights Division can obtain injunctive relief that changes policies and practices to remedy customer discrimination. Title II does not authorize the Division to obtain specific relief, such as monetary damages for individual customers who are victims of discrimination. Since January 2001, the Civil Rights Division has resolved 14 cases and investigations involving alleged pattern or practice violations of this law.

A copy of the consent decree can be obtained on the Justice Department’s website at <http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/housing/caselist.htm>.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2004/May/04_crt_288.htm

Emphasis mine. Two thousand and loving four. :suicide:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 18, 2014

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
That was a decade ago, it was a different time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Mo_Steel posted:

Because the name Cracker Barrel has to do with a term not used explicitly and solely to denigrate your racial heritage and marginalize you as a subhuman? Also maybe choose a different example:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2004/May/04_crt_288.htm

Emphasis mine. Two thousand and loving four. :suicide:

To be fair virtually the entire service industry is racist towards black people.