Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'd never heard of Pukeko Pictures so I went to their site.

I really hope it's not 3D, because goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5GEeHEkQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, how long until a tumblr petition starts to get James Urbaniak as Gary?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Arrow's casting for season 3.

‘DANIEL’ | Though Daniel could be a fake name to throw off spoilerholics, this 20something gent — a major recurring character for Season 3 — is a handsome, enigmatic and highly intelligent entrepreneur developing groundbreaking technology. (Picture a business magnate in Ryan Gosling’s body.) Though exuding charm and confidence in public, he privately harbors a tragic past that will drive him to become a tech-powered superhero. Watch for this formidable fella to be a love interest for Felicity and a rival of Oliver’s – both personally and professionally.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-season-3-spoilers-oliver-rivals-felicity-love-interest/

Who is a tech-powered JL hero who isn't Cyborg?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Koalas March posted:

Who is a tech-powered JL hero who isn't Cyborg?

?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ted Kord Blue Beetle. Especially because he's been name dropped a bunch already. Also the whole "business magnate" thing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

muscles like this? posted:

Ted Kord Blue Beetle. Especially because he's been name dropped a bunch already. Also the whole "business magnate" thing.

Oh gently caress I hope so.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
They could go really far out of left field and add the Michael Holt Mister Terrific. I mean, especially if they're not allowed to use Batman, Not Batman With Floating Robot Orbs would be a nice compromise.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Matches up wit his young tech startup look intro'd at the end of Forever Evil too

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming that much like how Ollie is just the "Arrow" that Ted would just be the "Beetle." Unless next season is when they introduce the color names.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

I'm assuming that much like how Ollie is just the "Arrow" that Ted would just be the "Beetle." Unless next season is when they introduce the color names.

Please. He'll be the Scarab.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That name works.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Does 'Seth' sound like Hugo Strange to anyone else?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Klungar posted:

Does 'Seth' sound like Hugo Strange to anyone else?

Not really, specially for the 'is more than a physical match for the arrow' bit. Strange has never been a physical villian, then again, I'm drawing a blank on what villian could fit that description.

Dacap posted:

Matches up wit his young tech startup look intro'd at the end of Forever Evil too

If Daniel really is a pseudonym to keep the surprise, it could be a nice nod to the golden Age BB: Dan Garret (or the man himself, Arrow's producers are so utterly insane that I believe them capable of pulling that off)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's very likely to do a casting pseudonym. A role like that isn't one they would create a hew character for, I don't think. They've always been good about using what they can from the comics.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Timeless Appeal posted:

Spoiler: WB doesn't know either.

No loving way does Warner Brothers let it's super serious neck snapping Superman associate with a CW show.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not really, specially for the 'is more than a physical match for the arrow' bit. Strange has never been a physical villian, then again, I'm drawing a blank on what villian could fit that description.

'Seth': My only real exposure to Strange is Arkham City, where he is portrayed as a hulking beast. His wiki article states he is not always consistent in this regard, he sometimes has 'peak physical conditioning'.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's usually buff as hell.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

DynamicSloth posted:

No loving way does Warner Brothers let it's super serious neck snapping Superman associate with a CW show.

I wouldn't say they'd care about that, more no way does Warner want relatively unknown tv actor headlining a film.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Waterhaul posted:

I wouldn't say they'd care about that, more no way does Warner want relatively unknown tv actor headlining a film.

Well D-list (Lifetime movie) actors are kind of part and parcel of the low rent production the CW puts forward. I'm not saying sometimes they don't do a lot with what little they have, as with Arrow, but it's got to be the red headed stepchild of the Warner Bros media empire.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Waterhaul posted:

According to the rumor, it was more that the Flash would cameo in someone else's film first, and that his film would be a team up film anyway, so whoever they get to play the new Green Lantern could be their "big star" for that movie. The newest rumor is the guy who played the new Conan (and was on GoT and SG: Atlantis) Jason Mamoa might be Aquaman. He's mostly a TV guy too, so there's that, though he is admittedly more known.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Please don't be bad, please don't be bad.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

They're more in the market for relatively unknown Showtime tv actors for that!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Grains of salt and all that but apparently the critical reactions to early screenings of Gotham are good.

Also this guy has seen the Constantine pilot.

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 17, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
After years of clamoring from comic book fans and possibly BSS Secret Santa recipients, NBC is finally moving ahead with a televised production of Heroes Reborn! Chesty Captain America still to be cast! Jeph Loeb's involvement also unconfirmed!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 17, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

redbackground posted:

After years of clamoring from comic book fans and possibly BSS Secret Santa recipients, NBC is finally moving ahead with a televised production of Heroes Reborn! Chesty Captain America still to be cast! Jeph Loeb's involvement also unconfirmed!

Yes, He is the only member of that cast to be worth anything, besides Quinto(who hopefully stays away from this mess). He needs to be the only one who returns.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Heroes was a bad show, but I honestly don't think this is a terrible idea. I hope it's good, TV in general is in a different place than it was then, so maybe they learned something?

I bet Masi Oka returns as well. Not like he's doing anything noteworthy.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

:sigh:

I mean...look, I know there has to be someone for which Heroes Reborn is good news. But there are so many shows that were so much better than Heroes, and they aren't getting brought back. Firefly, Pushing Daises, Almost Human...and that's just off the top of my head. If I sat down and really thought about it, I'm sure I could fill the page with good shows cut down before their time to bring back.

But Heroes isn't on that list. Heroes was a bad show with one (mostly) good season and the several more that were garbage. It deserved to be canceled. Bringing it back for no other reason than "superheroes are hot right now" when you ran out of meaningful things to say after the first season? That's a recipe for disaster and I expect that's exactly what we'll get.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
"Random folks get powers, try to figure out what's going on and save the world" is an old and solid idea. No idea why they'd want to take anything more than that core idea from Heroes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just give Fuller full creative control and keep Kring and Loeb far far away and you've got a deal

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Opopanax posted:

Just give Fuller full creative control and keep Kring and Loeb far far away and you've got a deal

Fuller could do Heroes, or he could do Hannibal. Decisions decisions.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

The best show on TV right now or a show that was awful 80% of the time. This is hard.

Edit: Same quote applies to rumors of Fuller being showrunner for a new Trek show.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Both. Hannibal and Sylar team up and travel across the country murdering people

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ummmm... is the involvement of Heavy Metal cause for concern? Because that Metal Hurlant Chronicles TV series that just aired on SyFy was hilaribad.

Hakkesshu posted:

Heroes was a bad show, but I honestly don't think this is a terrible idea. I hope it's good, TV in general is in a different place than it was then, so maybe they learned something?

I bet Masi Oka returns as well. Not like he's doing anything noteworthy.
Masi Oka is a regular on Hawaii Five O and he does a pretty good job. But I'm sure he has time to cameo in a short series.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Company Man is up there for my best hour of TV drama ever.

That episode was soo good, and it was all downhill from there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Gotham promo, this time focusing on the villains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=islRZ_ygKk8

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

New Gotham promo, this time focusing on the villains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=islRZ_ygKk8

That looks generic as hell.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, it still looks like a standard cop show with Batman character names added.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

Which I am sure is exactly what Fox probably wanted, given how safe cop shows tend to be, ratings wise.

Knight Boat
Mar 26, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

That's not necessarily a bad thing considering how great Gotham Central was.I really wish this show was more like it. Little Bruce Wayne can get lost.

Knight Boat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The less they focus on young Bruce Wayne the better the show will be.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That looks generic as hell.

Look man Catwoman is a real actress. It's impossible for her to have EE anime titties.