Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Gynovore posted:

Pretty good. The only glaring omission is Timberwatch Elf. Maybe also Elvish Vanguard and Wellwisher; boring but effective.

Also, it's probably $$$, but maybe Gaia's Cradle.

If I had a Gaea's Cradle it would definitely be in there. I know a guy who has a mint one and he won't trade it to me. :(

As for the others, I had Timberwatch Elf and Elvish Vanguard in there originally, along with Elvish Branchbender but I took them out because I decided to keep the deck very focused and go all-in on Ezuri and pumping his Overrun multiple times. I want mana ramp cards and things that make me draw cards and that's about it. Ezuri himself should take care of everything else.

Same thing with Wellwisher. As hilarious as she is, she's neither ramp nor card draw and she'll make me an even bigger political threat than I already am. If I play a bunch of games and I find that the life gain would've helped I'll consider putting her in but for now I wanna see how things work like this.

Also, aren't there other "destroy all enchantments" cards besides Tranquility? Commander is a really enchantment-heavy format and there a ton of cards that tax me from attacking or prevent me from doing so altogether. I was thinking of trying to squeeze in more enchantment sweepers if possible and maybe even something like a Desert Twister to blow up planeswalkers and annoying poo poo like Peacekeeper. Otherwise those "don't attack me" enchantments can totally shut me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm kind of surprised to see Ezuri without his best bro from Standard, Copperhorn Scout. Attack with your mana dorks, then use them for pumps.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also, aren't there other "destroy all enchantments" cards besides Tranquility?

Oh jesus, there's a ton in monogreen. Tranquil Grove is literally an enchantment that does nothing but dispense Tranquility as an activated ability. Serene Heart and Tranquil Domain hose Auras and non-Auras, respectively, as 1G instants. Reverent Silence does tranquility for 0 mana as long as you control a forest.

Problem creatures are a real issue in monogreen, though. My usual answers are Beast Within and Ulvenwald Tracker.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

LordSaturn posted:

I'm kind of surprised to see Ezuri without his best bro from Standard, Copperhorn Scout. Attack with your mana dorks, then use them for pumps.

I had her in there originally but was neither mana ramp or card draw so I took her out. What would suggest I remove to put her back in?

quote:

Oh jesus, there's a ton in monogreen. Tranquil Grove is literally an enchantment that does nothing but dispense Tranquility as an activated ability. Serene Heart and Tranquil Domain hose Auras and non-Auras, respectively, as 1G instants. Reverent Silence does tranquility for 0 mana as long as you control a forest.

Thank you! I'll try to find room for a Tranquil Domain and I will definitely find a slot for Tranquil Grove.

quote:

Problem creatures are a real issue in monogreen, though. My usual answers are Beast Within and Ulvenwald Tracker.

I took out all the targeted removal and FIGHT cards because I thought I could rely on having a stampeding army of extremely pissed off mana dorks to win. I figure whoever I'm attacking, even if they have a 2 or even 3 big creatures, I don't care as long as I have ten 7/7 trampling elves swinging at them. I would need some convincing to put in things like Beast Within and such. I'm willing to listen to good arguments though. :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Hush is also a mono-G enchantment Sweep that cycles if you need to.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I would need some convincing to put in things like Beast Within and such. I'm willing to listen to good arguments though. :)

Stormtide Leviathan, Blazing Archon, Dread, Palisade Giant or Hundred-Handed One + anything that prevents damage to it. There really isn't a reason not to have Beast Within, Desert Twister, and some fight in a mono-G deck.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
I've been tinkering with building a silly mono blue EDH deck. I like the idea of Sakashima + All of the Clones, as well as Tromokratis + All of the Sea Monsters, but I feel like both themes just don't have enough depth. Has anyone here made either of these? If so, how do you fill out the rest of the deck? I'd prefer to not just fill the deck up with counterspells.

Alternate option - how well would a mix of both themes work?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

InvadErGII posted:

I've been tinkering with building a silly mono blue EDH deck. I like the idea of Sakashima + All of the Clones, as well as Tromokratis + All of the Sea Monsters, but I feel like both themes just don't have enough depth. Has anyone here made either of these? If so, how do you fill out the rest of the deck? I'd prefer to not just fill the deck up with counterspells.

Alternate option - how well would a mix of both themes work?

I have a Tromokratis deck. It's not a sea monster deck, but Whelming Wave is in it. It's basically a resolve Tromokratis, Voltron him up, and one shot everybody with a bunch of repeatable ways to tap just one creature, or otherwise prevent one guy from blocking. I've only gotten to play it once, but it was pretty quickly a 4-on-1 game which I only lost because my friend chump blocked Tromokratis with an instant speed blocker from Thopter Foundry when Blind Obedience was out (but nobody had bothered to tell us - see why I don't play > 4 player games.)

http://deckbox.org/sets/697637

Tertiary Stresses
Jul 27, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You wanna talk Prossh? Let's talk Prossh. :getin:

First off, Prossh is a ramp deck. Slam that dragon on turn 4 and poo poo will usually work itself out. Get your fill of mana dorks and 2 and 3 cost acceleration spells. Next, you need Prossh's pals. Xenagod lets him take out a player in one swing the turn he comes into play. Food Chain lets you get an arbitrarily large number of tokens. Coat of Arms, Beastmaster Ascension, and Hit & Run turn the Kobolds into threats. Purphoros nails the opponent for 14 off of a Prossh casting and can pump tokens. Always keep in mind the tokens are a casting trigger so even if Prossh himself gets countered, you get the tokens.

I play a Rune-Scarred Demon so I can pod Prossh into it and search for something from the above that will just win me the game right there. Tutors are good in general, because of all the things that make Prossh go above and beyond. I've fallen in love with Tainted Pact fyi. Even the bad ones like Diabolic Tutor can still get you a Beastmaster Ascension to swing for 40 when you have 7 mana.

Remember that Prossh is still a Jund deck. You can Bloodbraid into a Blightning or Pernicious Deed. Olivia Voldaren plays well with all the ramp. Huntmaster's just good. You know, Jund things. Podding from 4 to 5 is important because Xenagod's at 5 and a dragon swinging for 22 out of nowhere is a scary thing.

I love my Prossh because he can threaten instagibs in a variety of ways. :allears:

Thanks! I'll definitely be sliding in Xenagod, and I already have Purph in there. I didn't really think about Olivia Voldaren or Bloodbraid, but it looks exciting to try them out. Beastmaster Ascension and Coat of Arms are on the To-Buy list as well.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

suicidesteve posted:

Stormtide Leviathan, Blazing Archon, Dread, Palisade Giant or Hundred-Handed One + anything that prevents damage to it. There really isn't a reason not to have Beast Within, Desert Twister, and some fight in a mono-G deck.

I think there are a few of those in my local meta. I was also reminded tonight that there's a dude who plays Azusa and has Eldrazi. OK I'll snag a Beast Within and I think I have a Twister laying around somewhere.

What would you suggest I take out for those? Right now I think the land fetchers can probably go first. They're nice and they thin the deck so that the other card draw stuff works better but if I keep Cultivate and Kodama's Reach I can probably scrap the others.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Elephant Ambush posted:

If I had a Gaea's Cradle it would definitely be in there. I know a guy who has a mint one and he won't trade it to me. :(

As for the others, I had Timberwatch Elf and Elvish Vanguard in there originally, along with Elvish Branchbender but I took them out because I decided to keep the deck very focused and go all-in on Ezuri and pumping his Overrun multiple times. I want mana ramp cards and things that make me draw cards and that's about it. Ezuri himself should take care of everything else.

Same thing with Wellwisher. As hilarious as she is, she's neither ramp nor card draw and she'll make me an even bigger political threat than I already am. If I play a bunch of games and I find that the life gain would've helped I'll consider putting her in but for now I wanna see how things work like this.

Also, aren't there other "destroy all enchantments" cards besides Tranquility? Commander is a really enchantment-heavy format and there a ton of cards that tax me from attacking or prevent me from doing so altogether. I was thinking of trying to squeeze in more enchantment sweepers if possible and maybe even something like a Desert Twister to blow up planeswalkers and annoying poo poo like Peacekeeper. Otherwise those "don't attack me" enchantments can totally shut me down.

Serenity?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

There's a lot, actually.

That said, I finally managed to get my white blue red deck together. Tonight's antics included playing a Evangel of Heliod with a good amount of white devotion into a Decree of Justice while having Mana Echoes and Cathar's Crusade on the field.

And then the next game landing Assemble the Legion, Goldnight Commander, and Sun Quan into an early turn six win via some cheating things out.

To say the least, I like the deck, but do you guys have any suggestions for making it better?

quote:

Deck: Patriot Soldiers

//Main
1 Decree of Justice
1 Goblin Trenches
1 Kjeldoran Outpost
1 Daru Warchief
1 Field Marshal
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 Elspeth Tirel
1 Darien, King of Kjeldor
1 Hero of Bladehold
1 Enlistment Officer
1 Mobilization
1 Nomads' Assembly
1 Martial Coup
1 Benalish Commander
1 Captain of the Watch
1 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
1 Rise of the Hobgoblins
1 Conqueror's Pledge
1 Assemble the Legion
1 Preeminent Captain
1 Precinct Captain
1 God-Favored General
1 Evangel of Heliod
1 Akroan Horse
1 Cenn's Enlistment
1 Wake Thrasher
1 Soltari Guerrillas
1 Sun Quan, Lord of Wu
1 Legion Loyalist
1 Daxos of Meletis
1 Future Sight
1 Catapult Master
1 Foundry Champion
1 Coat of Arms
1 Adaptive Automaton
1 Angel of Jubilation
1 Burn at the Stake
1 Caged Sun
1 Dictate of Heliod
1 Eldrazi Monument
1 Glory of Warfare
1 Purphoros, God of the Forge
1 Marshal's Anthem
1 Spear of Heliod
1 Fervor
1 Sky Hussar
1 Mirror Entity
1 Call to the Kindred
1 Intrepid Hero
1 Odric, Master Tactician
1 Gideon's Avenger
1 Mentor of the Meek
1 Goldnight Commander
1 Cathars' Crusade
1 Crackdown
1 Crovax, Ascendant Hero
1 Rhystic Study
1 Mana Echoes
1 Sphinx's Revelation
1 Kor Haven
1 Mistveil Plains
1 Windbrisk Heights
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Azorius Chancery
1 Mystic Gate
1 Ancient Amphitheater
1 Boros Garrison
1 Clifftop Retreat
1 Rugged Prairie
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
9 Plains
5 Island
4 Mountain
1 Rupture Spire
1 Transguild Promenade
1 Iroas, God of Victory
1 Ephara, God of the Polis
1 Bident of Thassa
1 Wild Research
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Land Tax

//Sideboard
1 Zedruu the Greathearted

Display deck statistics

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

We're talking about a mono-green deck, silly!

Last night I got into a 4 player Commander game that was one of the most fun I've ever played. It took like 2 hours total but it had so many hilarious and epic events I can't list them all. The only one I need to mention is that I finally managed to get out Moggcatcher and use it to grab Goblin Assassin while Krenko was in play, whom I then snapped off to commence tons of coin flipping and creature saccing. Then the next turn I used Moggcatcher to grab Siege-Gang Commander and then snapped of Krenko AGAIN to make tons of coins get flipped and tons of creatures sacced.

Despite everyone finding that hilarious, I also became the biggest threat at the table so someone threw an Eldrazi at me right after I had Goblin Matron'd into Goblin Recruiter into a really awesome setup for the next few turns. I had to sac a bunch of land but as long as I had at leas 4 I was OK. Then the next guy hardcast Terastodon and blew up 2 of my remaining lands. I sat there drawing goblins the rest of the game but it was still one of the most fun Commander games I've ever played.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sarcastro posted:

Ah, there we go. I asked mostly because I couldn't remember the correct name either, but have been meaning to add one to my Omnath deck.

You know what's really good to throw in and is affordable as hell now that Conspiracy exists?

Exploration.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Elephant Ambush posted:

What would you suggest I take out for those?

I kind of hate this question - you're going to know what the weak spots in your deck are better than anyone else.

That said, some stuff leaps out at me as weak:
Bloodline Shaman - An elf that taps to do nothing, far too often.
Mul Daya Channelers - A 3-drop 2/2 that sometimes becomes a non-evasive fatty and sometimes makes extra mana.

Stuff I don't see:
Soul of the Harvest - Primordial Sage, but with a better body, and he DOES trigger off of Genesis Wave/Skyshroud Poacher.
Masked Admirers - Kind of a lovely price/body ratio, but it cantrips, and it self-recurs.

I can't really recommend trying to ramp with mana dorks in EDH, but supposing you can make it work, it's probably fine to cut Rampant Growth and Nature's Lore - you have lots of 1-for-1 ramp spells as it is.

aWall
Jan 28, 2003

Football Jesus

LordSaturn posted:

stuff about monogreen

I have a really simple monogreen commander (Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer) deck I paly on MTGO- all land fetching ramp and then appropriate fatties.

I finally decided to add some hate for some of the more... complicated... decks out there that kind of abuse big dumb green.

Hall of Gemstone will slow down some of the opponents, it also affects *all* lands for that turn, so you can effectively shut out hate during your turn.

Desert Twister is a must as well, great card in big dumb green.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

My monogreen commander is Yeva, which is a lot of fun with such as Seedborn Muse, but wanting to do stuff on other people's turns makes classic hate cards like Hall of Gemstone and City of Solitude work poorly.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.
If I wanted to make a UG deck...who should my commander be? Trying to find a deck concept I don't really have currently. I am typically not a "control" player but I assume with UG I can probably play fat creatures and control the board? This will likely be a 1v1 deck.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

OssiansFolly posted:

If I wanted to make a UG deck...who should my commander be? Trying to find a deck concept I don't really have currently. I am typically not a "control" player but I assume with UG I can probably play fat creatures and control the board? This will likely be a 1v1 deck.

Edric, Spymaster of Trest is pretty nuts 1v1, especially with lots of small unblockable creatures.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

OssiansFolly posted:

Vorel, Momir-Vig, Kruphix, Zegana are all solid choices.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

homerlaw posted:

Edric, Spymaster of Trest is pretty nuts 1v1, especially with lots of small unblockable creatures.

Eh I can't use Edric because he is banned in 1v1 per the French Rules.

En Fuego posted:

Vorel, Momir-Vig, Kruphix, Zegana are all solid choices.

I saw most of those but just didn't see how to build them out. Is there a UGX commander that sticks out as fun?

purple prime
Aug 4, 2005

OssiansFolly posted:

Is there a UGX commander that sticks out as fun?

Animar, Soul of Elements

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

OssiansFolly posted:

Eh I can't use Edric because he is banned in 1v1 per the French Rules.

I saw most of those but just didn't see how to build them out. Is there a UGX commander that sticks out as fun?

Intet the Dreamer.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Intet the Dreamer.

Hmm Intet looks cool. I think I am going with him...now to start putting together a deck list.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've been sitting on a half-completed Vorel deck for a while, it's basically built around Evolve and Infect with some Proliferate and Persist thrown in for good measure. All I need to do is slim it down a bunch but I've been too tired at night and too busy on the weekends to put much thought into the cuts.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I have a pretty standard Boros deck with Aurelia as the commander that works okay, but I want to make it competitive, so if you guys could help me out, that'd be great.

Tappedout link

The deck is pretty straightforward: Play dudes, smash face as quickly as possible. It has a pretty strong token subtheme. Don't really know what else to say about it.

I have a pretty good idea on what to cut, like: Sigil of the Empty Throne, Spirit Mantle and Inferno Titan. Maybe cut increasing devotion? No idea what to replace them with, though!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Literally The Worst posted:

You know what's really good to throw in and is affordable as hell now that Conspiracy exists?

Exploration.

I forgot that was one of the reprints! And off to tcg I go!

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Fanzay posted:

I have a pretty standard Boros deck with Aurelia as the commander that works okay, but I want to make it competitive, so if you guys could help me out, that'd be great.

Tappedout link

The deck is pretty straightforward: Play dudes, smash face as quickly as possible. It has a pretty strong token subtheme. Don't really know what else to say about it.

I have a pretty good idea on what to cut, like: Sigil of the Empty Throne, Spirit Mantle and Inferno Titan. Maybe cut increasing devotion? No idea what to replace them with, though!

I've got an Aurelia deck too, and there's a few similarities I can see, and a few thing's I'd recommend cutting depending on your meta.

You haven't got much card advantage, and there's a lot of cards that wouldn't stand on their own post wrath. Anax and Cymede, Boros Elite and Boros Swiftblade all look pretty dicey to me. I'm a bit wary of Mirran Crusader too, he isn't in mine because although he's good, he doesn't do much beyond hit things and sssssometimes screw over your opponent. If you can get one, weathered wayfarer's brilliant white manafixing.

I'd recommend more removal - I'd cut bolt and helix for straight up "it's dead", like path or swords if you've got those available. Condemn is a cheap alternative, and actually better than those two when dealing with generals. I'd go against the strive mechanic as well, and replace it with removal or permanents/creatures that have the same effect...permanently. Balefire liege is perfect for your deck but maybe a bit cash-pricey, Soltari Champion and Agrus Kos are dirt cheap and trigger twice off Aurelia.

I'd cut all of you're auras barring Angelic Destiny and maybe gift of immortality (how does it work out for you? I've opened a couple but haven't found time to try them in my decks). You're dead on the money with sigil - you don't have the enchantments to make it work. I'd go for mask of memory as a cheap equipment that gains card advantage, especially in a deck with very little like yours.

37 mana sources looks a bit light, I'd go for 40+ given that Aurelia's a 6 drop. I'd cut the transguild promenade and rupture spire, I'd rather run basics. Vivid lands are fairly cheap, naya panorama even moreso.

I wouldn't say cut increasing devotion or inferno titan, tho.

Sorry if I'm being harsh on your deck, it does look good. I think I'd better get a shaping steel for mine, now. :sweatdrop:

Trickyrive
Mar 7, 2001

I'm trying to put together a chaotic fun deck that's not meant to be competitive.

It's based on Zedruu (deck here) and is mostly a big clusterfuck of randomness with a few win conditions. Is there anything blatantly obvious that I'm missing?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Sarcastro posted:

I forgot that was one of the reprints! And off to tcg I go!

If you have a local game store you may have easy luck finding a trade. Might be more worth it to hand away things you don't use anymore instead of throwing down cash.

In my Azusa deck, not only is exploration great, but you can also get cards like into the wilds and Gaea's Touch, which is almost exactly like exploration for a mono green deck. Later on you can go big with stuff like Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

Exploration.

And Misdirection/Pernicious Deed/Mirari's Wake. Lots of just really good cards that are no longer stuck in pre-Mirrodin high-priced limbo.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Murderion posted:

I've got an Aurelia deck too, and there's a few similarities I can see, and a few thing's I'd recommend cutting depending on your meta.

You haven't got much card advantage, and there's a lot of cards that wouldn't stand on their own post wrath. Anax and Cymede, Boros Elite and Boros Swiftblade all look pretty dicey to me. I'm a bit wary of Mirran Crusader too, he isn't in mine because although he's good, he doesn't do much beyond hit things and sssssometimes screw over your opponent. If you can get one, weathered wayfarer's brilliant white manafixing.

I'd recommend more removal - I'd cut bolt and helix for straight up "it's dead", like path or swords if you've got those available. Condemn is a cheap alternative, and actually better than those two when dealing with generals. I'd go against the strive mechanic as well, and replace it with removal or permanents/creatures that have the same effect...permanently. Balefire liege is perfect for your deck but maybe a bit cash-pricey, Soltari Champion and Agrus Kos are dirt cheap and trigger twice off Aurelia.

I'd cut all of your auras barring Angelic Destiny and maybe gift of immortality (how does it work out for you? I've opened a couple but haven't found time to try them in my decks).

Sorry if I'm being harsh on your deck, it does look good. I think I'd better get a shaping steel for mine, now. :sweatdrop:

Don't sweat it. I know I'm not a particularly skilled deck builder, so I don't see it as being harsh at all. It's an opportunity to learn! :eng101:

Gift of Immortality is so good at forcing your opponents to respond. It rules.

Mirran Crusader actually came recommended to me by a goon in the other thread pre- this thread's existence, and it's been a bit underwhelming. I mean sure, a 2/2 Double striker with protection from green and black is decent, but eh. He hasn't really performed well, and I feel I already have his niche pretty well covered.

Here's my list of cuts and additions so far:

Cuts:
  • Anax and Cymede
  • Boros Elite
  • Boros Swiftblade
  • Mirran Crusader
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Lightning Helix
  • Sigil of the Empty Throne
  • Commander's Authority
  • Spirit Mantle
  • Mammoth Umbra
  • Phalanx Formation
  • Ajani's Presence
  • Desperate Stand
  • Rouse the Mob
  • Transguild Promenade
  • Rupture Spire

Additions:
  • Agrus Kos
  • Weathered Wayfarer
  • Path to Exile
  • Swords to Plowshares
  • Balefire Liege
  • Mask of Memory
  • Sword of Fire and Ice
  • True Conviction
  • Condemn
  • Angelic Skirmisher
  • Victory's Herald
  • Concerted Effort
  • 2 Plains
  • 1 Mountain

and maybe Stranglehold.

Price isn't really an issue, I just got paid. :toot:

I also kind of want to cut Razia, seeing as she's expensive and her tap-ability is bad. Dunno what I'd replace her with though.

Thoughts?

Also yeah; get Steelshaper's Gift.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

LordSaturn posted:

I kind of hate this question - you're going to know what the weak spots in your deck are better than anyone else.

That said, some stuff leaps out at me as weak:
Bloodline Shaman - An elf that taps to do nothing, far too often.
Mul Daya Channelers - A 3-drop 2/2 that sometimes becomes a non-evasive fatty and sometimes makes extra mana.

Stuff I don't see:
Soul of the Harvest - Primordial Sage, but with a better body, and he DOES trigger off of Genesis Wave/Skyshroud Poacher.
Masked Admirers - Kind of a lovely price/body ratio, but it cantrips, and it self-recurs.

I can't really recommend trying to ramp with mana dorks in EDH, but supposing you can make it work, it's probably fine to cut Rampant Growth and Nature's Lore - you have lots of 1-for-1 ramp spells as it is.

Yeah I was thinking about this and I'll take out some of the land fetch spells. I really do want as many creatures as possible in there.

Also I really think you're wrong about Bloodline Shaman. I already have 40 elves in the deck. She's gonna do some work for me.

I'll replace Primordial Sage with Soul of the Harvest, although I'd love to be able to find room for both.

I had Masked Admirers in the original build because I saw them as less-efficient card draw.

So Copperhorn Scout is definitely going back in, Tranquil Grove and Beast Within are on order, and I'll see if I can squeeze in a Soul of the Harvest. Also gonna put in Desert Twister. That seems good for now.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 19, 2014

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Fanzay posted:

Don't sweat it. I know I'm not a particularly skilled deck builder, so I don't see it as being harsh at all. It's an opportunity to learn! :eng101:

Gift of Immortality is so good at forcing your opponents to respond. It rules.

Mirran Crusader actually came recommended to me by a goon in the other thread pre- this thread's existence, and it's been a bit underwhelming. I mean sure, a 2/2 Double striker with protection from green and black is decent, but eh. He hasn't really performed well, and I feel I already have his niche pretty well covered.

Here's my list of cuts and additions so far:

Cuts:
  • Anax and Cymede
  • Boros Elite
  • Boros Swiftblade
  • Mirran Crusader
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Lightning Helix
  • Sigil of the Empty Throne
  • Commander's Authority
  • Spirit Mantle
  • Mammoth Umbra
  • Phalanx Formation
  • Ajani's Presence
  • Desperate Stand
  • Rouse the Mob
  • Transguild Promenade
  • Rupture Spire

Additions:
  • Agrus Kos
  • Weathered Wayfarer
  • Path to Exile
  • Swords to Plowshares
  • Balefire Liege
  • Mask of Memory
  • Sword of Fire and Ice
  • True Conviction
  • Condemn
  • Angelic Skirmisher
  • Victory's Herald
  • Concerted Effort
  • 2 Plains
  • 1 Mountain

and maybe Stranglehold.

Price isn't really an issue, I just got paid. :toot:

I also kind of want to cut Razia, seeing as she's expensive and her tap-ability is bad. Dunno what I'd replace her with though.

Thoughts?

Also yeah; get Steelshaper's Gift.

Steelshaper's Gift is only really useful in equip toolbox decks. I run a Jor Kadeen deck, and I don't even run it just because it is a slot with better options.

Things you may want to consider:
Avacyn over Akroma just because she's bigger and makes everything indestructible.
You so need Serra Acendant in there. Every white EDH deck should run Serra Acendant.
Odric for Master Warcraft on a stick.
Hell, you might want to get Sunforger and build up a Boros instant toolbox. (It is so nice to cast Boros Charm or Wild Ricochet from your deck.)
That having been said, you should run Wild Ricochet.
Urabrask the Hidden and/or Molten Primordial are generally better than Inferno Titan.
Archangel of Thune to make all your dudes super huge.
Restoration Angel to abuse Molten Primordial, Sun Titan, and Silverblade Paladin. (And flashable fliers are just good in general.)

I'm sure I'll think of more things.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Fanzay posted:

Tappedout link

Tajic deck

I'd look through that for some card suggestions. There are definitely a few cards that I'd use in your deck from my Tajic deck.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bhsman posted:

And Misdirection/Pernicious Deed/Mirari's Wake. Lots of just really good cards that are no longer stuck in pre-Mirrodin high-priced limbo.

I meant specifically for Omnath because it's one of the two decks I give a gently caress about.

technolizard
May 19, 2013

Trickyrive posted:

I'm trying to put together a chaotic fun deck that's not meant to be competitive.

It's based on Zedruu (deck here) and is mostly a big clusterfuck of randomness with a few win conditions. Is there anything blatantly obvious that I'm missing?

If you're going for maximum chaos, I'd have to recommend

Djinn of Infinite Deceits
Perplexing Chimera
Akroan Horse
Bronze Bombshell
Bomb Squad, Goblin Bomb, Time Bomb

Also thank you, I am borrowing your awesome idea and turning it up to 11. Hello, Karona, False God!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Trickyrive posted:

I guess this depends on how wonky you really want to make the game. There are a bunch of symmetric effects you can donate to other people and still give everyone a headache. Sands of time was better when mana burn existed, but it still plays havoc with attacking at the like. Teferi's realm is neat, and because phasing in happens during your untap step sands of time means things don't phase in (It skips the untap step and triggers in upkeep). It's not a hard lock, someone just has to choose to phase out artifacts or global enchantments but it still forces interesting choices on people. Possibility storm is another good option, Portcullis is neat and plays well with ETB effects, and as a bonus completely shuts down token decks. Dream halls is fun, but other players might benefit from it more than you do. It also seems like a huge shame that you aren't running the best of the red 7+ cmc sorceries, Goblin Game.

Zur's weirding I'll mention, but it has the unintended side effect of making it so you probably never draw cards ever again. This is more of an issue with non Zedruu commanders, once you donate enough cards I suspect people won't be able to pay enough life to keep you from drawing cards. You could still expect to never draw anything reasonably good for at least a few turns once it hits the board.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 19, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Trickyrive posted:

Possibility Storm sends everyone at my LGS into a frothing rage so that's an absolute must-have.

Also anything that involves flipping coins. Goblin Assassin is the first one that comes to mind. There are tons more.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Possibility Storm sends everyone at my LGS into a frothing rage so that's an absolute must-have.

Also anything that involves flipping coins. Goblin Assassin is the first one that comes to mind. There are tons more.

Capricious Efreet is my favorite thing for randomness. Just make sure you have something indestructible to target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickyrive
Mar 7, 2001

These suggestions are all great! I've put them all on the Mayeboard and moved things around. I especially like possibility storm and goblin game. I'll keep messing with it and see what other interesting random cards I find.