Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Troposphere posted:

ahh i hope i didn't come across as saying that, i'm just saying that i've heard and seen a lot of artists become really unhappy and quit art altogether because they had art related jobs that were lovely

which is why my goal is to have a completely unrelated job and work on art on the side. which is what most illustrators do anyways.

No worries! I've known a lot of talented people who went down the same road, and it's sad to see. Your plan seems like a fine, realistic one.

I work in the arts, I suppose, though not in a creative sense. When I took the job, some acquaintances of mine straight-facedly accused me of selling out. gently caress our special snowflake generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AriadneThread posted:

i'm dead on the outside tbh

if i ever suddenly cease my web presence i probably decided to go live in the woods and was probably eaten by a bear

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Troposphere posted:

sshiit i guess i'll take it down to the mac store and see what they say, i'm pretty sure i still have applecare. my trackpad has been really weird lately.

If you hold the Option key and click on the battery icon in the menu bar, it should say either "Condition: Normal" or "Condition: Check Battery". If it's the former, the trackpad issues are probably unrelated.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crow Jane posted:

No worries! I've known a lot of talented people who went down the same road, and it's sad to see. Your plan seems like a fine, realistic one.

I work in the arts, I suppose, though not in a creative sense. When I took the job, some acquaintances of mine straight-facedly accused me of selling out. gently caress our special snowflake generation.

That's not at all, in any way, unique to our generation or even exemplified in it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
posting on page quadruple 3

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
every generation is more spoiled than the next

especially yours

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i miss synthy

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

is she into centaurs y/n

Everyone should be into centaurs

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

That's not at all, in any way, unique to our generation or even exemplified in it.

Oh, of course not. I just know way too many hipster douchebags.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

On the other hand, there are people earning a living by swearing at video games on the internet.

PewDiePie earns 4 million dollars a year.

4 million dollars. a year.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

WindmillSlayer posted:

Everyone should be into centaurs

i made this the other day and wasn't going to post it because i messed it up but gently caress it, you forced my hand

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Page 3333 looking good

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Avshalom posted:

i made this the other day and wasn't going to post it because i messed it up but gently caress it, you forced my hand

Sabel posted:

Page 3333 looking good

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Wait where is synthy?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Afraid of Audio posted:

is she into centaurs y/n

i couldn't find any but i did find some sweet fukkin horses

her inking is really good but she refused to work on her anatomy and would get really offended and start crying if anyone said anything about it it was really awkward

Pick posted:

she's doing better than i am

dude your style would work very well for book covers you should def look into that field

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

detectivemonkey posted:

Wait where is synthy?
his girlfriend emotionally terrorised him into severing with us

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

his girlfriend emotionally terrorised him into severing with us

P smart of her, I was playing the long game to hit that.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Avshalom posted:

Ehhhhh *waggles hand back and forth* would.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Avshalom posted:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

the horese...

the eye...

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Avshalom posted:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

This is my spirit animal

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

the horese...

the eye...

the mouth

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

also Pick please put that poo poo in the OP it's too glorious to not be there.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
absolutely no one hated her and so it's really loving weird to see her constantly posting, a year later, about how much she hated our class and our school

i hated our class too but i don't post about it all the time drat move on girl it's so tacky to announce a book you illustrated is coming out and then end it with SO gently caress YOU GUYS WHO DIDNT BELIEVE IN ME LOSERS

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Meis posted:

the mouth

the ear D:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
amarintesky is still the sixth most prolific poster itt.

this is a weird thread

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
one of our illustrators draws ears that look exactly like cashew nuts

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
avs you are really good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

dude your style would work very well for book covers you should def look into that field

i can't even sell prints or get commissions or get into art anthologies -about- monsters, i'm done with trying to do anything with my art other than just whatever i want hobby-wise

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

amarintesky is still the sixth most prolific poster itt.

this is a weird thread
those stats haven't been updated for like three months, that function is broken too but it's just not as noticeable

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Troposphere posted:

avs you are really good
you're better :3:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Meis posted:

also Pick please put that poo poo in the OP it's too glorious to not be there.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Avshalom posted:

hug box

round 1

hug

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

deal w/ it

Pick posted:

i can't even sell prints or get commissions or get into art anthologies -about- monsters, i'm done with trying to do anything with my art other than just whatever i want hobby-wise

aw man don't give up! that poo poo is really hard to do. i haven't sold a single print on any of my online stores, and when i put a big commission post up on tumblr it got reblogged over 100 times and absolutely no one wanted one. i've gotten rejected from the society of illustrators three times. you just gotta make the rejection motivate you to improve and reach out even farther.

Avshalom posted:

NO U :love:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
woah forums death

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The forums going all wonky lately has led to me reading far too much about mysterious disappearances, unsolved murders and the like. I figure just staying freaked out and goosebumpy all the time will cut down on my air conditioning bill

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
dead rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
i seriously thought they were gone for good that time

• Locked thread