Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sulecrist posted:

Isn't this exactly why Unbound exists?

But if I play an Unbound list then I'll feel all dirty, like GW touched me where my bathing suit covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sulecrist posted:

I think I either misunderstood what you meant by "last" or there were two Ork codexes that came out while I was out of the game. (I dropped out of the hobby in late 2007/early 2008--did the current one come out in 2011ish?)

Either way I haven't seen in person the sprues in the 10-man kit so maybe they're all new and I just have rose-colored glasses re: the 90s kit.
2008 is the release date of the soon to be replaced Ork codex, but the 10-man (actually 11-man) kit is really nice. It has two sprues that are basically the same as the 3rd edition boyz sprues, but the guns aren't separate from the hands. It has a third sprue with a big shoota, rokkit launcha, Nob upgrades, and tons of armor plates, grenades, and other bits to customize a squad of Orks. It's one of my favorite kits out there.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

SRM posted:

2008 is the release date of the soon to be replaced Ork codex, but the 10-man (actually 11-man) kit is really nice. It has two sprues that are basically the same as the 3rd edition boyz sprues, but the guns aren't separate from the hands. It has a third sprue with a big shoota, rokkit launcha, Nob upgrades, and tons of armor plates, grenades, and other bits to customize a squad of Orks. It's one of my favorite kits out there.
That and the Nob kit have so many bits.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
And just like that, I'm looking at getting Ork Boyz and Orc Boyz from Fantasy, and kitbashing them to make Goffs.

The Nobz kit is honestly one of the best kits GW's ever made though. It's pretty much perfect, and cheap too.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Power Player posted:

I think the buggies came out in 1999, when the 3rd edition Codex came out.

Yeah that sounds about right.

My Kill Team Orks are going to be called the Yella Jaggitz, a coalition of mercenary units spread throughout the subsector. They're going to be sort of an Orky version of Eclipse from Mass Effect (maybe this gang's ship will be called Ekklips or something) and they're coordinated by a gaggle of Weirdboyz that've set up their own astropathic network. We use this setting for DH/DW/BFG/etc as well so they'll hopefully make appearances as low-impact recurring villains across media.

Edit: Da Klips

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 17, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CyberLord XP posted:

Honestly I would be pretty shocked if bikes didn't get a decent point reduction. Which would make them pretty gross.

Ork bikes getting a cover save built in is already pretty awesome. As long as we can still make them troops I'm happy!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Power Player posted:

The buggies (and the old trukks) came out around the time of Gorkamorka, and I think were then re-purposed for 3rd edition.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Cataphract posted:

youtube.com/axisofawesome
axisofawesome.com

we're in Edinburgh for the first three weeks of August and then a week off (when I'm planning to go to warhammer world and then probably hang out with some pals in London) and then a week in Germany and then an extensive tour around the UK (dates are on the website).

Another band that looked at the map and said gently caress East Anglia. We don't all still point at aeroplanes any more you know.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Fumble posted:

Another band that looked at the map and said gently caress East Anglia. We don't all still point at aeroplanes any more you know.

But you know what a train is, right?

(kidding! I'm lucky with a venue not too far away)

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Edit: Here, have some WIP Gorgon Terminators

Those poor Terminators, their legs are trying to escape from the rest of their bodies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've caught English trains before, they're wonderful! No, really!

You know, if it wasn't for my shitberg employers becoming ex-employers and forcing me to cancel I'd have been in Europe with nothing to do for 2 weeks between a wedding and a convention at the end of August, I could easily have come.

gently caress the corporate world :argh:

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Power Player posted:

The buggies and plastic warbikes are from 1997. They predated Gorkamorka.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1997usb40k/c1997usb40kp0114-02.htm

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Raphus C posted:

What are the minimum wages of the two countries in question?

Hopefully $15/hr. before too long. :911:

Cataphract posted:

I came close to picking up a Morkanaut today and then I reminded myself that I just built a stompa that needs to be painted as well as 2 battlewagons, a trukk , 6 koptas, 9 bikes and 50 more boyz.

Stop making funny music and poo poo and get to painting your grey tide t:mad:>

LordAba posted:

Ork bikes getting a cover save built in is already pretty awesome. As long as we can still make them troops I'm happy!

The newest FAQ gives them not only a 4+ cover, but 4+ armor. I saved a ridiculous amount of points when I ran a biker boss/biker nob retinue in my last game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Ork bikes always gave a 4+ armor save.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Ork bikes always gave a 4+ armor save.

:aaaaa: I thought it was a 4+ cover because of the smoke cloud rule! None of my friends who play orks knew this, either, apparently. Heh, we all learn this just in time for the codex to be outdated.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

Getting ready for the new codex. My main game is Infinity, but I cannot quit my love for painting/playing Orks.

The Aveng-Orks Mega-nob squad

Mega-Warboss

Objective Markers. I scraped off an area on the pumice basing for a die representing the Mysterious Objective to sit on.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Love that fat boss.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
A new ork release is great because it will mean people will be inspired to show off their cool conversions. I can then steal their ideas.

Orks are the best.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

Raphus C posted:

A new ork release is great because it will mean people will be inspired to show off their cool conversions. I can then steal their ideas.

Orks are the best.

Lootin' ain't cheatin'

Sneaky Homunculus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 17, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm disappointed that Thork doesn't have a beard.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

SRM posted:

I'm disappointed that Thork doesn't have a beard.

I need to fix that. I forgot about that bit.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I'm in love with that "Ornkle Sam" warboss.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Power Player posted:

second edit because i am really excited about posting today
Are the dudes in that second pic from Kromlech? I have some Kromlech shotguns I want to put on some Nobz.

Yep, those are Kromlech. I really like their ork aesthetic.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah Kromlech makes some really great Ork stuff, I really like their whole Pirate Ork head line.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Any Toronto goons know where I can go to check out the WH40K "scene"? I've always been interested in this, just never took the plunge.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Aren't Miniwargaming based out of toronto? You might want to check out their forums.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How does a Warhammer Fantasy Giant compare to a Stompa size-wise? I picked one up a giant cheap from the fire sale and was thinking of adding Ork bitz, guns and extra metal plating to him to count as a Stompa/Morkanaught/gorkanaught as the situation demanded.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It depends on which Giant you got , I'm pretty sure there's more than one type of model. That sounds like a cool idea you should just do it regardless.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Slaanesh

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well it is Pride Month.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bullshit. I don't see a single penis or breast on that model.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nurgle

It looks like it is covered in a technicolor yawn.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Ignite Memories posted:

Holy poo poo, that painboy is like 2nd edition ugly.

I disagree sir, I've found my Rogue Trader character model.

Deino
Dec 14, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How does a Warhammer Fantasy Giant compare to a Stompa size-wise? I picked one up a giant cheap from the fire sale and was thinking of adding Ork bitz, guns and extra metal plating to him to count as a Stompa/Morkanaught/gorkanaught as the situation demanded.

Not even close. A Fantasy Giant is comparable to a Dreadknight in size. While Fantasy kits have been getting surprisingly large in recent years, none have yet to come close to the sheer mass of a Stompa.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sulecrist posted:

Yeah that sounds about right.

My Kill Team Orks are going to be called the Yella Jaggitz, a coalition of mercenary units spread throughout the subsector. They're going to be sort of an Orky version of Eclipse from Mass Effect (maybe this gang's ship will be called Ekklips or something) and they're coordinated by a gaggle of Weirdboyz that've set up their own astropathic network. We use this setting for DH/DW/BFG/etc as well so they'll hopefully make appearances as low-impact recurring villains across media.

Edit: Da Klips

Orklipse

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Warp Spiders are such terrible models and painting just two of them is sapping my will to warham. :negative:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Boon posted:

Warp Spiders are such terrible models and painting just two of them is sapping my will to warham. :negative:

You're lucky, I have to strip the ones I got off eBay before I can paint them.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Imagine painting an entire army like this. :gonk:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is Slaanesh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Subyng posted:

Any Toronto goons know where I can go to check out the WH40K "scene"? I've always been interested in this, just never took the plunge.

Meeplemart has a good gaming space for 40k, though they recently moved locations and are now a bit south on Spadina. Dueling Grounds is between Lansdowne and Dufferin station with a basement holding some nice terrain pieces, but don't expect a pick up game there easily. Not sure when DG has it's 40k nights but I think Meeplemart's still on Sundays. There was talk of Meeplemart possibly banning 40k after the last round of GW bullshit they had to deal with but I seriously doubt that'll happen in the near future.

My games have been few and far between lately, but I've usually got Sundays free if you're having a hard time finding a game.

• Locked thread