Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miznasty
Feb 14, 2012

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Changes monthly...

You can pretty much always bet on ethereals, hair dyes, clothing bless deeds, pet bonding, and then a bunch of colorful sandals/masks/misc wearables.

This months new ones:
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/donation-change-june-2nd-cosmopolitan-edition.36775/

Thank you. Do you purchase in game? I do not see any prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Surfing Turtle posted:

More like due to a guy loving up the server on purpose. I think they're going to give everyone an extra char slot and poo poo when it comes back. I say we all make stealth archers!

I always have one! :D

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Miznasty posted:

Thank you. Do you purchase in game? I do not see any prices.

Vendors are right across from West Brit Bank.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!

Charles Bukowski posted:

I always have one! :D

Excellent. I'll either roll one up with my new char slot or convert my fencer who already has stealth to archery.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I've got a hide/tact/anat/fence/arch/80 stealth 80 healing 40 magery ready to go

Let me know what time you guys are gettin down and I will log in

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Reminder that Friday to Sunday is skill boost and gold boost. We gon get them stealth archers ready.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Hey where's the guy that owns the two houses on the East side of the guildhouse? Are you going to be playing anymore? If not can you give us the houses? We want to resize it and put two max storage houses down.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Why did you guys keep unfriending my characters from the GH. :v:

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
I think it happened when they changed owners of the house. Or because SPY!

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
Mordenkainen -- I will love you unconditionally (or somehow otherwise reimburse you) for this house. PM me, find me on IRC (HeroByChoice) or in game (Hero By Choice).

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Complexity posted:

Mordenkainen -- I will love you unconditionally (or somehow otherwise reimburse you) for this house. PM me, find me on IRC (HeroByChoice) or in game (Hero By Choice).

I will also suck your cock if youre into that.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Salsa or anyone got an explosion pot macro for steam?

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
Posted mine in a message for you in TS.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Surfing Turtle posted:

Salsa or anyone got an explosion pot macro for steam?

I use razor to use purple pot and just throw a moment after 2 to last target, works 95%~ of the time.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
:>

Barnsey
Apr 19, 2005

Surfing Turtle posted:

I will also suck your cock if youre into that.

I had a baby which is why I stopped playing as much...there's a RL friend refreshing my houses for me. I'll try and arrange for him to hang in irc or something and arrange to give it to you.
We are UK based tho so time difference might be an issue

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Barnsey posted:

I had a baby which is why I stopped playing as much...there's a RL friend refreshing my houses for me. I'll try and arrange for him to hang in irc or something and arrange to give it to you.
We are UK based tho so time difference might be an issue

Sweet what's his name so I'll keep an eye out.

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
Awesome, thanks Barnsey. Have him PM me on the UOF Forums (username Thryn) or here with a time to be on and I'll be there. Doesn't matter if it's 4am here if it works for you guys :)

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Playing this really makes me wish I got to experience the real game. In as Osric Yaeger. Pretty much just been raising my skills killing things. Hopefully I didn't gimp my character too badly.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

zwdzk posted:

Playing this really makes me wish I got to experience the real game. In as Osric Yaeger. Pretty much just been raising my skills killing things. Hopefully I didn't gimp my character too badly.

Nothing you can't easily fix really. Just take your time and learn the mechanics, then worry about sweet builds and saving maidens.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

zwdzk posted:

I was wondering who this random young was outside my house. Im off for the night but if youre around tomorrow I will help you out getting started.

Surfing Turtle fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 7, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

zwdzk posted:

This game was a lot of fun from 1998 until about, what, 2003? You could definitely still have fun on UO:R and 3D, but it got a bit silly after that. It became more and more about your equipment and spell channeling weapons and a bunch of horseshit that made rich people better.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Yep. Age of Shadows was 2003. It was kind of fun for a while but it just changed the game too much. EQ did the same thing about the same time and they both peaked when the respective expansions came out and then WoW killed everything else. UO team decided to just double down on the craziness and so they figured that people would definitely want Ninjas and Samurais and I guess they weren't wrong. Or the people who hated it left.. either way.

I really wish they'd just make an official Classic server.

Lots of people are in the "I wish I'd played this back in the day." boat but you just don't get the same experience from free servers.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tom Powers posted:

I really wish they'd just make an official Classic server.

Lots of people are in the "I wish I'd played this back in the day." boat but you just don't get the same experience from free servers.

And you won't from an official Classic server either. That poo poo is dead and it will never be the same. The reason it's not the same is because the newness of it all back in the '90s. Having an official Classic server will not change that.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I personally don't like the stun and all weird bonuses for inscription and stuff. It might be boring but I liked insta hit and mostly everyone playing a tankmage.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Half of my characters are still tankmages, they are totally viable here still.

On another note, with our new found character spots, I made a Tracking/Detect pk.

Detect Hidden
Tracking
Magery
Mediation
Eval
Anat
Wrestle

So I can track, detect, stun, but I have zero resist. Oh well, should be interesting to try out. I may end up dropping detect for resist, see how it all plays out. I did a bit of scouting yesterday and it's great to be able to recall into a dungeon and see if characters are like 4 screens away instantly.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Surfing Turtle posted:

I personally don't like the stun and all weird bonuses for inscription and stuff. It might be boring but I liked insta hit and mostly everyone playing a tankmage.

Sounds like you'd like UO Second Age (http://www.uosecondage.com/). I love that shard but the population has taken a real dive in the last 12 months or so, probably because of UOF's popularity.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Half of my characters are still tankmages, they are totally viable here still.

On another note, with our new found character spots, I made a Tracking/Detect pk.

Detect Hidden
Tracking
Magery
Mediation
Eval
Anat
Wrestle

So I can track, detect, stun, but I have zero resist. Oh well, should be interesting to try out. I may end up dropping detect for resist, see how it all plays out. I did a bit of scouting yesterday and it's great to be able to recall into a dungeon and see if characters are like 4 screens away instantly.

Did they change the way tracking works on this shard? I thought you could reliably find pc's with tracking even at 0 skill?

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Heskie posted:

Sounds like you'd like UO Second Age (http://www.uosecondage.com/). I love that shard but the population has taken a real dive in the last 12 months or so, probably because of UOF's popularity.

I played that shard years ago I believe with goons. I'm fine with UOF just saying what I usually prefer.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think I played that as well. Definitely played Divinity and Angel Island with some goons, that was a good time as well. I was living with my brother at the time, I actually bought hosting to run an account through a proxy so we could both play (they had much stricter rules regarding accounts).

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

I think I played that as well. Definitely played Divinity and Angel Island with some goons, that was a good time as well. I was living with my brother at the time, I actually bought hosting to run an account through a proxy so we could both play (they had much stricter rules regarding accounts).

Yea played on so many drat shards. IPY 1 and 2, divinity, redemption i dont even remember the others from way back.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I remember when Hybrid first came out, a buddy made an account for me and we played it while also playing OSI. He was a mod/admin apparently, this was like 10 years ago at least.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Did they change the way tracking works on this shard? I thought you could reliably find pc's with tracking even at 0 skill?

You can find people within 8~ tiles directly around you, with roughly a 40% chance of being successful at 0 skill. GM you have a 100% chance of finding people who are up to 4-5 screens away.

I think the biggest gains are when we are chasing someone and then lose them because of hiding/stealth or just get off screen momentarily.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm a big fan of the ol "Type 'Kal Ort Por' and hit your hiding macro" if I don't want to really leave/out of regs/can't get the cast off.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm a big fan of the ol "Type 'Kal Ort Por' and hit your hiding macro" if I don't want to really leave/out of regs/can't get the cast off.

Ehehehe

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That's the thing I missed the most about classic UO! ImaNewbie and Belan and some of the great stuff on Stratics.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

You can find people within 8~ tiles directly around you, with roughly a 40% chance of being successful at 0 skill. GM you have a 100% chance of finding people who are up to 4-5 screens away.

I think the biggest gains are when we are chasing someone and then lose them because of hiding/stealth or just get off screen momentarily.

I thought like 32 show real tracking was equivalent to gm or some poo poo

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Christoff posted:

I thought like 32 show real tracking was equivalent to gm or some poo poo

From what I've heard, at 50 you get a 100% chance of being successful tracking, and then the higher it goes the larger the radius you can track. I'm able to track players who are quite a few screens away.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

When they opened the cove 4 or whatever with the lions and werewolves I was there all day on my stealth/track/detect build.

Endless laughs as people got poo poo upon by spawn. Nothing better than revealing some guy who hit invis when he saw the huge train of mobs inbound on my rear end. Then loot him obv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You are the devil. Gay marry me.

• Locked thread