Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We should start spreading rumors that XTERN1TY is a goon fleet. It's already full of goons, no matter how many times he tried to kick us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

That would explain why he vehemently goes out of his way to hate Nbreeki. The perfect cover. :tinfoil:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I have alts in every fleet and also run every fleet.'

Also, whats up pink jetpack buddies!

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 18, 2014

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp
Would like to join the chat channel and a fleet.

Handle is Dystram@Dystram.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Dystram posted:

Would like to join the chat channel and a fleet.

Handle is Dystram@Dystram.

You're invited to the channel, ask in there and someone will sort you out with a fleet invite.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

DonDoodles posted:

Looks like the saga continues....former Dental member Buschmaki has been caught red-handed GRIEFING people in STFs. Pretty sure he and his Xtern1ty cohorts are going to try to pin this all on us, per usual.

Video (or should I say slideshow) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICwq-RRMNY

Forums thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1145671

Did they record that video on a potato or something?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Korgan posted:

You're in Mr One Post. Come join the channel. :v:

Christ, you ain't kidding - nearly 6 years of lurking broken by a request to get access to the Star Trek Online goon wiki. Shameful.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

I believe that was our good friend @marquisnoir who started that along with the "Nbreeki was permabanned." He let out that Reddit, Snoo, 1st Aquarius, and Hobo were all Dental fleets. I think he listed more than 10 fleets in total affiliated with us.

He's missed quite a few.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Another hoverboard race thread, this one lamenting how unfairly pay2win this race is. Time to chime in with how the covershield heroes are actively making the race more fair by forcing everyone to bunch up at the end and race properly.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

IPCRESS posted:

He's missed quite a few.

I would have sent him the complete list, but I felt it gave him a sense of purpose in life to try and uncover our extensive alt/alt fleet network.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Eh, I can sort of understand the annoyance at the race (having not looked at that thread, mind). It's the only event that's competitive in nature, and yet they somehow couldn't code a race where you didn't have to manually interact with the end flag to finish? Anything that isn't at least second place feels like a waste of time, reward-wise, and you're pretty much fighting a dozen people at the start to jockey for position. I also don't understand how the speed boost pads won't necessarily boost you if someone's already run over it before you.

Hell, the only reason I got first place (once) was because I was only one of two people in that race.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Honestly the clusterfuck scramble for the flag at the end is the only thing remotely interesting or challenging about the stupid race. Also just making it to the finish line will get you two monkey tags and you only need 6 of those every 24hrs to keep the monkey train rolling at full marks.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lagomorphic posted:

Honestly the clusterfuck scramble for the flag at the end is the only thing remotely interesting or challenging about the stupid race. Also just making it to the finish line will get you two monkey tags and you only need 6 of those every 24hrs to keep the monkey train rolling at full marks.

Yeah, as long as you get the needed tags, there's no real reason to flip out because you're not getting first place. But these are STO pubbies, and every one of them is entitled to first place every single race whether or not they're using a rental board. It's amazing how much bitching there is in zone chat after every race.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah, as long as you get the needed tags, there's no real reason to flip out because you're not getting first place. But these are STO pubbies, and every one of them is entitled to first place every single race whether or not they're using a rental board. It's amazing how much bitching there is in zone chat after every race.

That bitching is 95% of the source of fun in the game. If you get sick of it you can always drop that the JJ Abrams Trek movies ARE canon and spawn an hours-long debate with one sentence.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Melchior posted:

That bitching is 95% of the source of fun in the game. If you get sick of it you can always drop that the JJ Abrams Trek movies ARE canon and spawn an hours-long debate with one sentence.

Or make a Gorn pun. Oh god the Gorn puns...

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Nuramor posted:

Or make a Gorn pun. Oh god the Gorn puns...

The amount of rage over Gorn jokes is hilarious.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I'm just happy that my suggestion for renaming Pµlse's fleet to BEAM DOWN FOR WHAT was implemented.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Check out @SethMacFarlane's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/479306791264583681

He forgets that Dukat was actually right though.

Argentic
Apr 21, 2007

Just caught up on the thread, can I get wiki access (zephael) and an invite to the channel (@zephael)?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Another day, another CRAFTING REVAMP DEVBLOG!

quote:

As part of the new Research and Development system that we’re introducing in Season 9.5, we’re updating the kinds of raw materials that you’ll use. We’re paring down the number of materials so that you don’t have to use as much space to store them all, and you won’t have as many to keep track of when figuring out what you need!

The old anomalies won’t just disappear – you can exchange your old anomalies for new R&D materials. If you have some heavy stacks of anomalies in your bank, this means that your new materials will take up less space and you’ll get a head start on the new R&D system! We’re also adding a new section to your inventory to store these new Materials and other crafting-related items, so converting your old particle traces will help you clean out your bank space immensely.

So the existing particle traces will be swapped out for new materials and we're getting crafting dedicated banking, awesome.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

:siren: In an effort to clean up the wiki I have removed any accounts that signed up, but did not auth. If you had access before you do not need to do anything, if you signed up but never had access, your account is gone; sign up again and actually auth this time. :siren:

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Speaking of which, can Macet@revtd get an invite to thenextgooneration?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Aleth posted:

So the existing particle traces will be swapped out for new materials and we're getting crafting dedicated banking, awesome.

That's awesome! I know lots of denalts have been hoarding particle traces in anticipation for just this occasion!!! So excited!

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Aleth posted:

That's great, now they just need to give us a dedicated pet tab.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

g0del posted:

That's great, now they just need to give us a dedicated pet tab.

How many years has it been since WoW did? Like six?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Acer Pilot posted:

Check out @SethMacFarlane's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/479306791264583681

He forgets that Dukat was actually right though.

He also forgets that comedy is more than just dated pop culture references, but I don't think he's ever learned that.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Argentic posted:

Just caught up on the thread, can I get wiki access (zephael) and an invite to the channel (@zephael)?

Done both.

revtoiletduck posted:

Speaking of which, can Macet@revtd get an invite to thenextgooneration?

Game said you're already subscribed. New alts don't need a new invite, as long as your @handle is invited.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Aleth posted:

Aegis is getting a buff, I reckon

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17541521&postcount=56

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Since the Aegis is one of the best-looking sets in the game, that's good news.

Seriously, throw a set on the Risian Corvette, and tell me you don't feel like all your futures are coming true.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Disco 24/7.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

:siren::frogsiren:Oh poo poo son it's happening:frogsiren::siren:

quote:

Party Poppers, Subspace Party Amplifiers, Unmelting Snowballs, and Breen Biothermal Dampeners can now be used on Risa.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
What Dental wants Dental gets, remember? :smug:

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Aleth posted:

What Dental wants Dental gets, remember? :smug:

Then why isn't there a cowbell available in the game?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Then why isn't there a cowbell available in the game?

Yet.

Just wait, soon we'll be able to harass the pubbie hordes with the soothing sounds of Blue Oyster Cult.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah hopefully just saving it for the big 5 year anniversary next year.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Punting posted:

Yet.

Just wait, soon we'll be able to harass the pubbie hordes with the soothing sounds of Blue Oyster Cult.

Crossdressing and Queen

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Da Mott Man posted:

:siren: In an effort to clean up the wiki I have removed any accounts that signed up, but did not auth. If you had access before you do not need to do anything, if you signed up but never had access, your account is gone; sign up again and actually auth this time. :siren:

But without those e-mail addresses, how will we mine pubbies' sweet data?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blessed be the chosen disciples of Butts and glory to Juche in the name of Eternal Leader.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh dear.

quote:

Probably already a threas about this, but my mobile is pretty crappy when using this forum. The patch notes (todays) give us the use of snow balls, breen grenades and party poppers, why can't we have Nerve Tonics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

The Dear Leader has been appeased once again.

• Locked thread