Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

This is Slaanesh:

[cue song and dance]
It's fun to stay at the :sparkles: EYE OF TERROR :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
It's so :sparkles: fabulicious! :sparkles: :gay:

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deino posted:

Not even close. A Fantasy Giant is comparable to a Dreadknight in size. While Fantasy kits have been getting surprisingly large in recent years, none have yet to come close to the sheer mass of a Stompa.

I've just assembled a stompa and the thing is enormous. The torso is bigger than a monolith.

To get an idea of scale have a look at the size of the ork boy in the cockpit

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is probably a long-shot, but has anyone tried running a venerable land raider since 7th edition hit? I'm thinking that with the new damage table it'd be even harder to kill though I realize it wouldn't do anything to mitigate glancing hits. Is it worth the extra 30 points on top of an already expensive vehicle?

Edit: I'm not typically one for mathhammer, but I'm bored at work with Excel open. The upgrade would drop a close-range BS 4 meltagun shot from a 13% chance of scoring an explosion to 4.3%. That's assuming you'd only force a re-roll on an explosion result, but that's not bad at all.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 18, 2014

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

The Stompa's price seems vaguely reasonable to me now, seeing how HUGE the thing is. I mean, I could compare to a Master Grade Gundam or something, but I'm pretty certain those get bigger production runs (and may have less mass, thinking about it.)

I want one.

BULBASAUR posted:

This is Slaanesh:

That is fantastic. Unironically fantastic.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 18, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

This is probably a long-shot, but has anyone tried running a venerable land raider since 7th edition hit? I'm thinking that with the new damage table it'd be even harder to kill though I realize it wouldn't do anything to mitigate glancing hits. Is it worth the extra 30 points on top of an already expensive vehicle?

Edit: I'm not typically one for mathhammer, but I'm bored at work with Excel open. The upgrade would drop a close-range BS 4 meltagun shot from a 13% chance of scoring an explosion to 4.3%. That's assuming you'd only force a re-roll on an explosion result, but that's not bad at all.

What codex allows you to take venerable land raiders?

edit: Dark Angels?

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 18, 2014

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Dark Angels codex. If you take a Land Raider as a Dedicated Transport for Deathwing Command / Terminators / Knights, the Land raider MUST take the Deathwing Vehicle upgrade for 30 points. Deathwing Vehicle is basically Venerable rolled together with Preferred Enemy: Chaos Space Marines.

Kind of a shame Ironclads can't be Venerable...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Dark Angels. I originally had "Deathwing vehicle" somewhere in my original post and erased it. :downs:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I guess scoring DV Land Raiders can be cute. I don't know what's in vogue for Deathwing lists these days but bog-standard Deathwing Terminators still are not very good and you're paying at least 480 points for that Land Raider.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I guess scoring DV Land Raiders can be cute. I don't know what's in vogue for Deathwing lists these days but bog-standard Deathwing Terminators still are not very good and you're paying at least 480 points for that Land Raider.

It's actually possible to take a Deathwing vehicle in the normal heavy support slot thanks to the FAQ. I hadn't even thought of giving one to a regular Deathwing squad until now though. It would make a lot of sense in a Deathwing army since they'd benefit from that objective secured thing. Dedicated transports benefit from that, right? The thing is, I don't play full Deathwing since my typical 2+ saves would see me tabled in a couple of turns. My plan was to just cram a Deathwing crusader full of Deathwing knights led by a souped-up interrogator-chaplain. :getin: This is a terrible idea, but should be :black101:/fun as hell.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

While I'm planning conversions... Terminator bodies. Ork heads. Spoikey bits. Aww yeah.

Mostly I want to paint some terminators, but I don't really want to do any Spehss Mehreen stuff. So I'll kill two birds with one stone and get some MANZ out of it!

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
With all the new codex hoopla I have a for real, no bullshit question: why are Orks Initiative 2? I guess it sort of made sense back in 5th or maybe it was 4th, when Furious Charge would add to both Strength and Initiative on the charge. But they swing as slow than the baseline for the terrible, terrible assault armies Tau & Necrons.

Everything in their fluff counters the idea of some ponderously slow force (or completely melee-inept one as in the Tau’s case). As an Ork player, I don’t want the best of everything all the time but this one little factor has bothered me since FC was changed. I would almost be willing to trade the 6+ FNP that’s rumored if it meant I at least swung my choppa at the same time as some scrub Guardsmen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It really doesn't make sense that their initiative 2. Actually I don't think they always were initiative 2 either.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Safety Factor posted:

Since vehicles only explode on a 7, you'd need to be getting a lucky hit from a lascannon or melta gun to really do in a Land Raider. I think that upgrade would be neat, but pretty unnecessary considering how much harder vehicles are to outright blow up.

Springfield Fatts posted:

With all the new codex hoopla I have a for real, no bullshit question: why are Orks Initiative 2? I guess it sort of made sense back in 5th or maybe it was 4th, when Furious Charge would add to both Strength and Initiative on the charge. But they swing as slow than the baseline for the terrible, terrible assault armies Tau & Necrons.

Everything in their fluff counters the idea of some ponderously slow force (or completely melee-inept one as in the Tau’s case). As an Ork player, I don’t want the best of everything all the time but this one little factor has bothered me since FC was changed. I would almost be willing to trade the 6+ FNP that’s rumored if it meant I at least swung my choppa at the same time as some scrub Guardsmen.
I think Furious Charge made it pretty balanced when it was +1 initiative - Orks are clumsy and not known for their finesse, which is evidenced by their low initiative. You'd think a lower WS would make more sense for that, but then they wouldn't be a viable assault army, so I understand it. Making them I3 on the charge made sense since they'd be all riled up just from the enthusiasm of the charge. I wish FC stayed the same as it was for that reason.

SRM fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 18, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Initiative 3 is only going to benefit you against charging Astra Militarum, Adepta Sororitas, Tau, and Necrons. All four of these armies are already screwed if 30 Orks charge them, whether they take a couple casualties before swinging or not. All other armies are I4+ and the difference between I2-3 doesn't matter. The entire idea of Orks is the crushing mass of bodies and that killing a couple before they get their shots in means nothing when you're taking eighty attacks in return. If Orks were faster Initiative-wise it would be fine but they'd have to re-balance the units to less attacks, etc, and the flavor of the Orky diceroll would suffer as a result.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Hm. Anyone know if standard size heads (Specifically, Mantic Warpath Marauder infantry heads) would look fine in Terminator armor or if I'd need something like Nob heads?

I mean, I'm planning to get some Nobs soon (possibly before the Terminator bodies) anyway, but it'd be good to know what I'm going to need.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I'd love to see Orks be able to make units larger than 30. Let me field ALL THE ORKS.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Esser-Z posted:

Hm. Anyone know if standard size heads (Specifically, Mantic Warpath Marauder infantry heads) would look fine in Terminator armor or if I'd need something like Nob heads?

I mean, I'm planning to get some Nobs soon (possibly before the Terminator bodies) anyway, but it'd be good to know what I'm going to need.
Terminators look absolutely terrible as Mega Armored Nobz stand ins. Their proportions are entirely different, and the aesthetics are all wrong. I've seen them converted to look good all of one time ever, and even then, it was with a lot of plasticard and green stuff work.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Esser-Z posted:

While I'm planning conversions... Terminator bodies. Ork heads. Spoikey bits. Aww yeah.

Mostly I want to paint some terminators, but I don't really want to do any Spehss Mehreen stuff. So I'll kill two birds with one stone and get some MANZ out of it!

Terminator MANz are...less than impressive, unless you add bulk around the way. A regular Nob torso is roughly 50% of an entire terminator's size altogether, nevermind all the weedy joint bits; looked like I'd stuffed tanks into tuna cans. 'Grats if you can make it work by adding bulk, like, everywhere, but I couldn't.

PierreTheMime posted:

Initiative 3 is only going to benefit you against charging Astra Militarum, Adepta Sororitas, Tau, and Necrons. All four of these armies are already screwed if 30 Orks charge them, whether they take a couple casualties before swinging or not. All other armies are I4+ and the difference between I2-3 doesn't matter. The entire idea of Orks is the crushing mass of bodies and that killing a couple before they get their shots in means nothing when you're taking eighty attacks in return. If Orks were faster Initiative-wise it would be fine but they'd have to re-balance the units to less attacks, etc, and the flavor of the Orky diceroll would suffer as a result.

Orks will never reach any of these shooting (or flamer, in the case of AS) armies in a mob of a full 30, though--and since the WS chart only extends from 3-5 for hits, WS doesn't make that big a difference at all. My bro frequently brings up how a couple of puny guardsmen who don't know which end the bayonet goes on can waltz up and hit a demon lord on a 5, when the lord still only can swat them back on a 3+ without the benefits of the BS chart's re-rolls for higher scores.

Shooting armies should fear assault armies' charges as much as assault armies fear shooting.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 18, 2014

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

SRM posted:

Terminators look absolutely terrible as Mega Armored Nobz stand ins. Their proportions are entirely different, and the aesthetics are all wrong. I've seen them converted to look good all of one time ever, and even then, it was with a lot of plasticard and green stuff work.

Awww. Hmm. Well, the MANZ part was just a 'if I ever play these dudes' thing. I mostly just like terminator minis, but not mehreens, but I do like orks! Looted stuff is cool! So, orks in terminator gear!

I don't plan on doing Marines at any point, but I really like the look of Terminators. I could just do a few up for fun, but... Hrm. They also too scrawny for regular boyz in looted armor, or do they just not work well?

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

I get your basic argument, but if this was solely the case why would they have bothered giving every unit Furious Charge which at the time added Initiate? The whole point was to spur you to get in there aggressively and swing first, like a proper greenskin should. SRM is right that it makes the feel of hyped up boyz on the charge an overall better component. In a perfect world the 'Ere We Go rumor that gets dredged up would address this, but most likely that'll just be a charge range reroll or something.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Terminator MANz are...less than impressive, unless you add bulk around the way. A regular Nob torso is roughly 50% of an entire terminator's size altogether, nevermind all the weedy joint bits; looked like I'd stuffed tanks into tuna cans. 'Grats if you can make it work by adding bulk, like, everywhere, but I couldn't.

Orks will never reach any of these shooting (or flamer, in the case of AS) armies in a mob of a full 30, though--and since the WS chart only extends from 2-5 for hits, WS doesn't make that big a difference at all. My bro frequently brings up how a couple of puny guardsmen who don't know which end the bayonet goes on can waltz up and hit a demon lord on a 5, when the lord still only can swat them back on a 2 without the benefits of the BS chart's re-rolls for higher scores.

Shooting armies should fear assault armies' charges as much as assault armies fear shooting.
True enough, but Orks are cheap enough to take 3-4 large units which makes shooting priority difficult. As an example, if 15 Choppa Boyz reach a WS2-3 T3 unit on a charge they will get 60A, hit 40 times, and wound 26ish times. You don't need all that many Orks for the tally to start adding up quickly.

I get your basic argument, but if this was solely the case why would they have bothered giving every unit Furious Charge which at the time added Initiate? The whole point was to spur you to get in there aggressively and swing first, like a proper greenskin should. SRM is right that it makes the feel of hyped up boyz on the charge an overall better component. In a perfect world the 'Ere We Go rumor that gets dredged up would address this, but most likely that'll just be a charge range reroll or something.
Because Furious Charge is a universal special rule and many other armies took advantage of it to give them the bonus to jump from I4 to I5 and best most I4 armies in combat. Furious Charge was not specifically created for Orks.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 18, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Meeplemart has a good gaming space for 40k, though they recently moved locations and are now a bit south on Spadina. Dueling Grounds is between Lansdowne and Dufferin station with a basement holding some nice terrain pieces, but don't expect a pick up game there easily. Not sure when DG has it's 40k nights but I think Meeplemart's still on Sundays. There was talk of Meeplemart possibly banning 40k after the last round of GW bullshit they had to deal with but I seriously doubt that'll happen in the near future.

My games have been few and far between lately, but I've usually got Sundays free if you're having a hard time finding a game.

Meeplemart recently got annoyed at GW about the 7th edition release, so you might call and ask if you can still play it before you head over.

If you are out the West end you can try:

Heavy Support Games
1120 The Queensway
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

PierreTheMime posted:

Because Furious Charge is a universal special rule and many other armies took advantage of it to give them the bonus to jump from I4 to I5 and best most I4 armies in combat. Furious Charge was not specifically created for Orks.

I...know? As a guy who's other army is Worldeaters believe me, I know that.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Safety Factor posted:

Safety Factor posted:

It's actually possible to take a Deathwing vehicle in the normal heavy support slot thanks to the FAQ. I hadn't even thought of giving one to a regular Deathwing squad until now though. It would make a lot of sense in a Deathwing army since they'd benefit from that objective secured thing. Dedicated transports benefit from that, right? The thing is, I don't play full Deathwing since my typical 2+ saves would see me tabled in a couple of turns. My plan was to just cram a Deathwing crusader full of Deathwing knights led by a souped-up interrogator-chaplain. :getin: This is a terrible idea, but should be :black101:/fun as hell.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yes, I have absolutely done this and it is amazing (though deathwing knights are terrible so I just used LC/TH terminators with a jump pack chaplain instead). Park a 14 AV 4 HP reroll-pen-results objective secured Crusader and ventilate any opposing Troops that get close, while delivering crazy payload.

I think I posted it earlier in the thread but my list is:

Belial
Chaplain w/ jump pack, melta bombs
10x Termies w/ 2x HF
5x Termies w/ AC
5x Termies w/ AC
LRC w/ 7x Assault termies (4x TH)

The 3 walking squads all DW assault in, Belial with the flamers so they can be perfectly placed for the flamer templates, LRC zooms up the board; enemy gets 1 turn of shooting at the army and then you assault absolutely everything :getin:

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Boon posted:

Warp Spiders are such terrible models and painting just two of them is sapping my will to warham. :negative:

Do what I did, buy DE Scourges to convert into Warp Spiders. If you drop the wings, use the "faceless" heads that come with a lot of the Wych/Reaver kits, and use Haywire Blasters/Shredders, they actually look pretty good.

I loved the Warp Spider model back when I was fourteen. The fact that it hasn't been updated since then is a travesty.

Safety Factor posted:

So here's the thing: your chances of being Exploded are, generally, speaking, pretty small. For Meltaguns and stuff not ignorable, but generally pretty low. Venerable is mostly gonna be useful for knocking Immobilizes and stuff down the Shaken/Stunned so that you can still deliver your cargo. And that's not a bad thing, mind you, but in 7E you're mostly going to die to HP loss, even on something like a Land Raider.

Haywire, Entropic, Knights/Wraithknights, Carnifexes, Gauss, etc, will all still gently caress you up good and proper even with the Venerable upgrade. It's not awful, but it is a pretty fair chunk of points for something that won't save you from one of your more common ways to die. However, since it is a mandatory choice when buying one as a dedicated transport for a Deathwing squad, all of this is kind of moot- Land Raiders with Objective Secured are pretty badass and probably worth taking. Maybe not tournament-winning good, but when that giant AV14 box tank shocks onto an objective at the end of a game and ruins someone's day, it will all be worth it.

Well, there's two bits to this: the game balance one and the fluff one. Balance-wise, Orks are I2 to compensate for them getting a very strong statline elsewhere- WS4 T4 A2 for 6pts is HUGE, not to mention Mob Rule, Furious Charge, and Waaaaagh. If you line an Ork Boy up to something like a Guardsman or Hormagaunt, they blow them away on almost every single front- the weak Initiative value is part of why they can get away with having very good numbers elsewhere while still being priced so aggressively.

The fluff version is a little more tenuous, but in my mind at least it boils down to the fact that Orks are dumb as toast. They might not be slow per se, but they are easily feinted, don't have the unnatural speed of reflexes of the Eldar, etc, and even a normal human can probably see their wildly-telegraphed blows coming well in advance. All of these factors combine to make when end up with a low Initiative value and are consistent with their general portrayal in the fiction as well as the way orcs in other media tend to be represented. Orks (and orcs) are tough and strong, but rely on being able to take their lumps and keep fighting in order to come out on top rather than any kind of fancy shenanigans or whatnot.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Okay, sounds like Nobz are too big to fuse with Terminator armor. What about normal boyz heads? I don't see why that couldn't work fine, and I have spares, so...

(Wel,l Mantic Marauder heads, but they should be around the same size and stuff!)

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Orking out the arms works OK, as does cutting the armor in half and then placing over a boy's torso. Come to think of it, that'd make for great 'ardboyz.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It's not that they're just too weedy or whatever (although that is a factor), it's that the proportions and posture are completely wrong.

So I'm not just making GBS threads on ideas here, nkelsch on Dakka has some neat Meganob conversions:

And he did a hard to read tutorial:

SRM fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 18, 2014

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Hmm. Okay. Those do look pretty good, but :effort:. I wasn't planning on anything nearly that extensive. :v:

I guess worst case I'll just end up painting some Terminators to display fighting my Boyz or something. Basically the idea was some orks got their hands on Terminator gear and decided to use it, because that's what orks do. But it if wouldn't look good, well, I'm not totally attached to it!

I've got spare heads, so I might look for a cheap body and try one out to see how it ends up, before deciding for sure!

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Wasn't there a Dust Tactics unit that was pretty cheap comparatively that worked for MANZ? Or am I thinking of killa kans...

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Wasn't there a Dust Tactics unit that was pretty cheap comparatively that worked for MANZ? Or am I thinking of killa kans...

You are probably thinking of AT-43's Red Blok Colussuses, which make good MANZ:

They were cheap, but are getting harder to find now.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 18, 2014

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Dust has some good stuff for kanz. You could MANZ them, but they'd be really over sized. If you can find a place with AT-43 stuff in the discount bin, the ape faction converts up to MANZ well and there's other units that make cheap kanz.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hey guys, KR Multicase threw a bunch of used stuff they need to unload onto eBay. Worth checking if you're looking for something to carry your space barbies in.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/the-kr-multicase-shop/_i.html?rt=nc&_pgn=1&_ipg=48

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Incursion APEs would work but I don't know the price to them.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
...Is the dude on the right blowing bubblegum?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Drake_263 posted:

...Is the dude on the right blowing bubblegum?

Seems he's not quite ready to kick rear end.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

AndyElusive posted:

Hey guys, KR Multicase threw a bunch of used stuff they need to unload onto eBay. Worth checking if you're looking for something to carry your space barbies in.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/the-kr-multicase-shop/_i.html?rt=nc&_pgn=1&_ipg=48

Right after I bought three cases for my Ultramarines :negative:

Direwolf posted:

Seems he's not quite ready to kick rear end.
Beat me to it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Direwolf posted:

Yes, I have absolutely done this and it is amazing (though deathwing knights are terrible so I just used LC/TH terminators with a jump pack chaplain instead). Park a 14 AV 4 HP reroll-pen-results objective secured Crusader and ventilate any opposing Troops that get close, while delivering crazy payload.

I think I posted it earlier in the thread but my list is:

Belial
Chaplain w/ jump pack, melta bombs
10x Termies w/ 2x HF
5x Termies w/ AC
5x Termies w/ AC
LRC w/ 7x Assault termies (4x TH)

The 3 walking squads all DW assault in, Belial with the flamers so they can be perfectly placed for the flamer templates, LRC zooms up the board; enemy gets 1 turn of shooting at the army and then you assault absolutely everything :getin:
I remember seeing your list in the thread a while back and it seems like it'd be pretty fun. I'm seriously considering using that 10-man flamer squad. Something like that coming down early in the game is really going to mess with someone's plans. It's nice to know you've had some success with the crusader too. You're wrong about Deathwing knights though. They're a gimmicky-as-hell unit with fun rules and cool models. That's all that matters. :c00lbert:

AbusePuppy posted:

So here's the thing: your chances of being Exploded are, generally, speaking, pretty small. For Meltaguns and stuff not ignorable, but generally pretty low. Venerable is mostly gonna be useful for knocking Immobilizes and stuff down the Shaken/Stunned so that you can still deliver your cargo. And that's not a bad thing, mind you, but in 7E you're mostly going to die to HP loss, even on something like a Land Raider.

Haywire, Entropic, Knights/Wraithknights, Carnifexes, Gauss, etc, will all still gently caress you up good and proper even with the Venerable upgrade. It's not awful, but it is a pretty fair chunk of points for something that won't save you from one of your more common ways to die. However, since it is a mandatory choice when buying one as a dedicated transport for a Deathwing squad, all of this is kind of moot- Land Raiders with Objective Secured are pretty badass and probably worth taking. Maybe not tournament-winning good, but when that giant AV14 box tank shocks onto an objective at the end of a game and ruins someone's day, it will all be worth it.
Yeah, these are good points and nothing I was unaware of when I was thinking about this thing. Glancing hits will always be an issue and there's no way to mitigate them other than cover. I've run a standard crusader in 7th and found it to be plenty survivable so the Deathwing upgrade is definitely not needed. It is, however, a unique thing Dark Angels can do so I thought I'd ask in here before trying it out in my next game. Which'll probably be in about a month. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Hollismason posted:

It really doesn't make sense that their initiative 2. Actually I don't think they always were initiative 2 either.

I'm pretty sure they have always been I2. They used to have the same profile as WHFB Orcs, trading a point of I for an extra point of T. 3E 40K is when their profile was changed to WS4 BS2 A2. It makes sense from the perspective that Orks are supposed to be less agile and coordinated than Humans.

• Locked thread