Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

K. Waste posted:

The Big Red Square

That is a pretty bland poster, alright. My wife surprised me with framed lobby poster from a 50th anniversary screening back in '96, and it's a thing of beauty.

Sadly, it's in storage at the moment, and I can't find a picture anywhere. So here's a better Bogart poster instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Baron La Croix posted:

Tell me you like my hat

Tom Berenger has turned into Ed Asner. :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

Tell me you like my hat

Doc Holliday's Revenge: The 2013 Marshall Football Story

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is that a real woman on the left there?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Doc Holliday: In Which He Survived His Deadly Case Of Tuberculosis And Then Went After The Person Who Infected Him With It

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Baron La Croix posted:

Tell me you like my hat

How the heck do you make an entire Western and not happen to have any photos sitting around of the lead actors actually wearing hats?!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jesus Christ, how is that Tom Berenger? Wow.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
"Mr Dinklage, could you just hold up Mr Berengers gun for the poster, please?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Before anyone sperges about the names not matching the actors, I made this handy image:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Just found out about this new Bluray. I think the tag line pretty explains it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

That's just too many people. I know shoving as many action stars into a movie is like the point of the series but man, but even if most of those people get know screen time it's still gonna be a clusterfuck of people screeching the movie to halt to explain why they're there just for the sake of them being there.

Ah well, it's not like anyone expects these things to be watchable or anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doesn't help that half of the cast are a bunch of no-names. 99% of the time they wouldn't even rate a mention, except Stallone sells these movies on how many people he puts in them.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

axleblaze posted:

That's just too many people. I know shoving as many action stars into a movie is like the point of the series but man, but even if most of those people get know screen time it's still gonna be a clusterfuck of people screeching the movie to halt to explain why they're there just for the sake of them being there.

So what you're saying is that that there are so many characters that they're pretty much expendable?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Meatwave posted:

So what you're saying is that that there are so many characters that they're pretty much expendable?

That's not what I was saying at all! :colbert:

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

axleblaze posted:

That's not what I was saying at all! :colbert:

So what you're saying is that it's kinda weird that 5'9" Stallone is somehow taller and beefier than all those other 6'3" dudes in the poster, right? If so, I agree. Also, I agree with that interesting thing you said about the variety of hats in the poster, and how Stallone looks like a penis with arms trying to smoke a cigar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

""""""""5'9""""""""

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

axleblaze posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xD0junWlFc

This is going to be very loving watchable.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hope they at least explain where the rest of Wesley Snipes' head went.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Palmersaurus posted:

Hope they at least explain where the rest of Wesley Snipes' head went.

IRS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Here's the Japanese poster for Edge of Tomorrow. It's only interesting because it confirms something that I was wondering today, and that it is being released under the better title in Japan.

Also, the author of the original novel really likes the movie, so that's good. :3:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is going to be very loving watchable.

I still sort of doubt that.

Who knows though, maybe this will be the extremely rare (probably non-existant) specimen of a trilogy where the first two were complete garbage and the third is good.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I used to have so many video store movie posters from the 80s that I wallpapered my room as a teen with them. The small video store on the edge of Greenville, TX that gave them to me (Country Video, which apparently morphed into Country Video Lotto and Used Books before going out of business) had a lot to get rid of but they were mostly terrible. I didn't care because I was 17 and stupid so I had Frank Stallone vehicle Outlaw Force on my wall because I was going to cover all my walls even if I had to use the bad ones, like Police Academy 6. The best one I had was Hellraiser.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

I'm loving Arnie's patchy beard and smile there. While most look like grinning idiots he's got this weird dad like smile.

Also Harrison Ford, Arnie and Kelsey Grammar? I might not have a choice in watching this :ohdear:

Facepalm Ranger fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 18, 2014

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Also Harrison Ford, Arnie and Kelsey Grammar? I might not have a choice in watching this :ohno:

Pretty sure you saw his scene in the trailer.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

axleblaze posted:

I still sort of doubt that.

Who knows though, maybe this will be the extremely rare (probably non-existant) specimen of a trilogy where the first two were complete garbage and the third is good.
Have you actually seen the movies? If you did, you would know that the first two movies both have a bigger than average cast and the storyline didn't screech to a halt to introduce them all.

This movie gonna be good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cage posted:

Have you actually seen the movies? If you did, you would know that the first two movies both have a bigger than average cast and the storyline didn't screech to a halt to introduce them all.

I literally fell asleep in the movie theater watching the first one. I should also note that this has pretty much never happened to me barring some extreme circumstances and I was pretty well rested going in. It was just so bland to the very core of it's being. Not a single interesting thing happening on screen from beginning to end and not a single aspect I could bring myself to care about. It was also badly directed and really ugly.

I dont' know why after watching the first one I watched the second, but it was somehow worse.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Mister Chief posted:

Pretty sure you saw his scene in the trailer.

Pretty sure that I don't watch Trailers. :colbert:

Sorry.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Cage posted:

Nah, the first two are boring garbage.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There are worse movies out there. It's competently made and has some decent action.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

GonSmithe posted:

Nah, the first two are boring garbage.

What world do you live in where this is boring garbage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32BCWHj8OxU

I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while than when I saw this scene in the movie.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah the first one lacked constant action but the 2nd was straight up mindless fun and JCVD having the time of his life chewing scenery as a bad guy.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

zandert33 posted:

What world do you live in where this is boring garbage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32BCWHj8OxU

I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while than when I saw this scene in the movie.

Planet Earth, where anything involving Chuck Norris gets the gasface.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Plus JCVD kicks a knife into some dudes heart doesn't he? Good movie.

axleblaze posted:

I literally fell asleep in the movie theater watching the first one. I should also note that this has pretty much never happened to me barring some extreme circumstances and I was pretty well rested going in. It was just so bland to the very core of it's being. Not a single interesting thing happening on screen from beginning to end and not a single aspect I could bring myself to care about. It was also badly directed and really ugly.

I dont' know why after watching the first one I watched the second, but it was somehow worse.
Youre weird.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

I watched both Expendables. I remember something about a gunship in the first movie and I think the second movie had some sort of half competent opening scene. Everything else is a complete bland and uninteresting blur.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Fat Lou posted:

I watched both Expendables. I remember something about a gunship in the first movie and I think the second movie had some sort of half competent opening scene. Everything else is a complete bland and uninteresting blur.

Me and you can't be friend's sorry dude.

The expendables is the cinematic equivalent of a bunch of ex pro-footballers in their retirement years getting together and going for a kickabout down the park.....nothing but a bit of fun by former masters of their trade.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz2k21 posted:

Me and you can't be friend's sorry dude.

The expendables is the cinematic equivalent of a bunch of ex pro-footballers in their retirement years getting together and going for a kickabout down the park.....nothing but a bit of fun by former masters of their trade.

It's like that if they spent millions of dollars getting to the park then charged any onlookers the same as they did in their prime.

The first Expendables is trash, and Van Damme is the only watchable part of 2.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I've only seen The Expendables. Which is pretty much the same as not seeing it at all. It was the action movie equivalent of an Adam Sandler movie.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The Expendables series have been great theater movies. The whole audience completely lost it in the Terry Crews AA-12 scene and the airport sequence from the second one. I tried watching them at home and they were painfully boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The only thing I really remember about the first one is that it was peak "Hey, Mickey Rourke acting again is a cool story, let's bring him in and see if he can liven up this terrible monologue I wrote."

Edit:

quote:

You remember that time we was up in Bosnia? We took down them Serb bad boys? All our guys were gettin' chopped up all around us and there was blood everywhere. I never though I was gonna make it out of there and I know you didn't and you didn't either. Kinda feelin' like... dead too, ya know? My heads all very, very black place. Didn't believe in poo poo. Just goddamn Dracula black. I remember I got this bottle of this local poo poo they have over there. That Silvits... I think that's what it was called. And I ain't feelin' no pain now... and I come up on this, uh... I come up on this overland bridge, and I see this... I see this... I see this woman standing there, ya know? And she's, uh... I stepped out and she saw me, and she's just lookin' right... right in my eyes. And I was lookin' right in her eyes, and I knew what she was gonna do. She looked at me, and I knew she was gonna jump. You know what I did, man? I just turned around I kept walkin' until I heard that splash and she was gone. [crying] After... after taking all them lives, she was one that I could have saved, but I didn't, and uh... What I realized later on was, uh, if I'd have saved that woman, I might have... I might have saved what was left of my soul, ya know. puts pipe in mouth as Barney walks away