Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

Also some weird thing about how apparently gender is important in rape and domestic violence. Instead of it simply being rape and domestic violence is bad regardless of the gender of the victim. I'm sure that wasn't the point they wanted to make but it read that way.

Oh snap! Trap sprung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

30-something, and I don't hate myself, I hate white people, not white persons.

"I don't hate black people, I hate niggers!"

But for real though, everyone should be proud of their race and that's that. gently caress that poo poo about white people needing to be quiet and hate themselves, it's that kind of thing that just pisses off people who'd otherwise be your pal. If you aren't a racist, you have every reason to feel good about yourself.

Everyone, let's hold hands.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Or I was just being an rear end in a top hat to a pretentious bag of cocks.

Correct. I didn't call anyone a race traitor. I simply pointed out that someone went off the deep end with their white guilt and peacocking about how unracist of a white person they are and how everyone should be just like them. Also some weird thing about how apparently gender is important in rape and domestic violence. Instead of it simply being rape and domestic violence is bad regardless of the gender of the victim. I'm sure that wasn't the point they wanted to make but it read that way.

I don't argue racism or gender discrimination. They exist. Thats simple fact. But telling one race or one gender that they shouldn't voice their views because of reasons... Is well.. loving stupid. And crying racism or gender bias (MRA in this case which someone will do because they are loving retarded) is just as bad as someone posting "Niggers should know their place, in the cotton fields" or "women belong in the kitchen". Reasonable discussion involves all walks of life on a level platform. Each one having an equal voice and using it in a respectful manner.

Going off the other end of the spectrum doesn't make you enlightened. It makes you an ignorant insufferable fuckstick. And ruins any chance of people beyond your circle jerk group seriously. I posted what I did because it was the response he deserved. Just like earlier when you, VitalSigns, tried to re-imagine my post about feuding political parties into what ever dumbshit angle you were trying to take to paint it into a race issue.

You are going to ignore every loving thing I have posted here VitalSigns, because well, its right. More importantly, it conflicts with your point of view that everyone should post your thoughts word for word.

This also deserves a metric poo poo ton of love because it is dead on.

lmao you are so uptight about someone else's argument about theoretical other person's arguments and you're getting mad about people saying words about how other people say words

you dont even realize you don't have a point haha

Impatient Skype JO posted:

But for real though, everyone should be proud of their race and that's that. gently caress that poo poo about white people needing to be quiet and hate themselves, it's that kind of thing that just pisses off people who'd otherwise be your pal. If you aren't a racist, you have every reason to feel good about yourself.

queue the parade of reverse guilty white people itt let's all get in a pickup truck and throw candy to our fellow townsfolk beep beep

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Race doesn't exist only racism. It's impossible to be proud of being white without being racist because "white" only means anything insofar as racism exists.

Things it's okay for white Americans to be proud of being: a) American; b) whatever European ancestry you have; c) your state I guess?

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

lol, I'm not white so you might have to rewrite your fruity little insult there, pal

E:^But what does that mean for people who don't get to be proud of their fancy countries of origin, like black people? Lots of African Americans wouldn't be able to tell you where their families come from, so settle for being proud of being simply black instead; does that make them racist?

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 18, 2014

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Being a race traitor owns I highly recommend it to all White People.

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

lol, I'm not white so you might have to rewrite your fruity little insult there, pal

Eh, not really. Not sure it was even an insult, either.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Race doesn't exist only racism. It's impossible to be proud of being white without being racist because "white" only means anything insofar as racism exists.

Things it's okay for white Americans to be proud of being: a) American; b) whatever European ancestry you have; c) your state I guess?

Minorities only obtain their identities from their relationship with and perception by white people, got it. Does this also mean that white people get to claim credit for black american culture?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i'm not white either, in fact i'm not even human. i'm a sentient posting cat. don't be speciesist, buddy

But what does that mean for people who don't get to be proud of their fancy countries of origin, like black people? Lots of African Americans wouldn't be able to tell you where their families come from, so settle for being proud of being simply black instead; does that make them racist?

there's really no reason to be proud to be white, because white people as an aggregate haven't done much except exist in opposition to black people. white people are colorless when they want to be

it's like being proud to be straight. whoopee i am so proud that my sexuality is celebrated and widely recognized and barely impacts my life except when negative emotions flit across my brain because i'm having a guilty reaction to someone else's oppression!

on the left posted:

Minorities only obtain their identities from their relationship with and perception by white people, got it. Does this also mean that white people get to claim credit for black american culture?

technically, yeah, in that white people being massively lovely to black people created most aspects of black american culture. this isn't too difficult to understand so long as you're not engaged in limp dicked concern trolling

the point you seemingly missed is that white people can choose to be white or not when it is convenient. it's default and unremarkable as an artificial racial category. there's really nothing to be proud of, unless someone has some ~mysterious~ reason to celebrate being born in the dominant and easiest demographic

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 18, 2014

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i'm not white either, in fact i'm not even human. i'm a sentient posting cat. don't be speciesist, buddy

there's really no reason to be proud to be white, because white people as an aggregate haven't done much except exist in opposition to black people. white people are colorless when they want to be

it's like being proud to be straight. whoopee i am so proud that my sexuality is celebrated and widely recognized and barely impacts my life except when negative emotions flit across my brain because i'm having a guilty reaction to someone else's oppression!

Plus, whiteness is arbitrary and can be revoked. Otherwise, how do you explain the popularity of 'I Love Lucy'?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
white people can be proud of being appalachian, or growing up poor, or being an auto mechanic, or having some degree of irish heritage, or being the best fart sniffer in the land, or whatever. but being proud of one's whiteness is like being proud of being someone who drinks water. congratulations

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Or I was just being an rear end in a top hat to a pretentious bag of cocks.

Nope. He made a very good point about his own personal experience working to help minorities find employment (minorities being shut out of the job market in white-dominated societies is a huge problem), and he has to deal with white people expecting him to drop what he's doing and explain to him how it's not racist of him to help unemployed black people. And rather than addressing it, you just told him to go be a black woman.

Correct. I didn't call anyone a race traitor. I simply pointed out that someone went off the deep end with their white guilt and peacocking about how unracist of a white person they are and how everyone should be just like them. Also some weird thing about how apparently gender is important in rape and domestic violence. Instead of it simply being rape and domestic violence is bad regardless of the gender of the victim. I'm sure that wasn't the point they wanted to make but it read that way.

If men want to start a men's rape crisis center, feminists will not stop them. I promise. This is the problem: women cannot even get together and address women's issues without men coming in with "Well what about mennnnnn. Men have issues too, why do you think it's okay to do something that doesn't revolve around men?" Male victimization is real, but the people demanding that women divert some of their tiny resources to men are not proposing solutions that help men. Don't expect women to solve their own problems and men's too.

I don't argue racism or gender discrimination. They exist. Thats simple fact. But telling one race or one gender that they shouldn't voice their views because of reasons... Is well.. loving stupid. And crying racism or gender bias (MRA in this case which someone will do because they are loving retarded) is just as bad as someone posting "Niggers should know their place, in the cotton fields" or "women belong in the kitchen". Reasonable discussion involves all walks of life on a level platform. Each one having an equal voice and using it in a respectful manner.

The argument isn't really "If you are white, you can never say anything." It's that ignorant people don't get to be listened to as if their arguments have equal merit. Since being a straight white man is the "standard" perspective, they have the privilege of assuming theirs is the only one that exists. If someone wants to participate in the debate, the onus is on them to educate themselves about the topic (lots of literature exists, and middle-class white men have the luxury of accessing it whenever they wish). Nobody challenges this when people talking quantum physics tell someone who comes up demanding they explain physics to him from Newton on up before they may continue that he should go read up on the basics rather than ask them to trudge over elementary explanations that are available anywhere. But white men expect that anytime a minority talks about race or gender, they need to acknowledge his privilege and patiently go over the basics inch by inch like they have with dozens of other ignorant white men before him, or else they're "reverse racist".

Here, check out this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBKieGz5QiM
This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Not only does this legislator not know why a woman might need an abortion, he never even considered the question. "Needing an abortion" is not something that falls within his experience, so it's not even that he doesn't care about women's perspective, as a man he is not even aware that a non-male perspective exists, but drat it he has Opinions, and those Opinions should be the law. Minorities are always acutely aware of the dominant perspective; it is the default. But the reverse isn't true, and it's totally valid to tell people who have no awareness of minority perspectives to go educate themselves before they open their mouths.

Just like earlier when you, VitalSigns, tried to re-imagine my post about feuding political parties into what ever dumbshit angle you were trying to take to paint it into a race issue.

Hey yeah, I laid out why you can't dismiss partisan politics as "not racist" in a country where one political party consciously bases its platform on racism; and how no white Democrat has sparked the kind of mindless, furious opposition that Obama has; as per your question of what I had been driving at, and you ignored it! What gives?

You are going to ignore every loving thing I have posted here VitalSigns, because well, its right.

How does it feel to be wrong all the time?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 18, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
It'd be dumb for a Nigerian immigrant to new proud of being an African-American. African-American culture actually exists as a distinct subculture in America, whereas being white doesn't. And there are "white" African-Americans (insofar as they'd be perceived by skin color).

There are regional subcultures that are largely composed of white people, but somebody from Alabama probably doesn't have much relationship to Pennsylvania Dutch.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Nigga, you are most crazy. I love it.

quote:

I disagree on the basis that nobody has lived until they've looked up things their ancestors did and either started greeting everyone with a raised fist and a "ZULU!" or gotten nude, smeared themselves in dirt and brandished a broadsword at random passerby. Like yeah, race is a silly thing to be proud of, but if everyone was proud instead of insecure, poo poo would be a lot different.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

It'd be dumb for a Nigerian immigrant to new proud of being an African-American.

They can be proud as soon as they get ignored while hailing a cab. Bonus points if the cab driver is actually another Nigerian immigrant.

quote:

And there are "white" African-Americans (insofar as they'd be perceived by skin color).

That'll be me. (Or at least a good bit of the time, other times people are just confused. Black kids blurt out "what are you?" and I like to mess with them for asking)

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 18, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Like yeah, race is a silly thing to be proud of, but if everyone was proud instead of insecure, poo poo would be a lot different.

why do you think "White Pride" is a racist slogan?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Duh. Because the liberals hate white people and don't want us to be proud.

Now we can't say White Pride, but don't worry, we can say-it-by-not-saying-it with a simple accusation of "self-hatred" against whites who aren't proud enough.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I get the feeling that maybe society doesn't create an atmosphere and environment where white people are both treated inferior, and made to believe that they are inferior.

Unless they're huge piss babies, I guess.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Because it's a way to redirect you from their insecurity. Like, go to stormfront or wherever racists dare; count how many times you see them mention how they don't want interracial breeding, don't want to admit non-white achievements, how scared they are of black men beating them up and taking their wives. It's pretty funny.

They can pretend to be all about white pride all they want, but they're really about pretending not to be cowards/scared of people from other races

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

They can be proud as soon as they get ignored while hailing a cab. Bonus points if the cab driver is actually another Nigerian immigrant.

That's just being black. It's like a Mexican being proud of Bolivar.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Because it's a way to redirect you from their insecurity. Like, go to stormfront or wherever racists dare; count how many times you see them mention how they don't want interracial breeding, don't want to admit non-white achievements, how scared they are of black men beating them up and taking their wives. It's pretty funny.

They can pretend to be all about white pride all they want, but they're really about pretending not to be cowards/scared of people from other races

so if that's not authentic White Pride, what is?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Not being a baby, and recognizing you live in a world that screams reasons you should be proud at you 24/7.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Being able to drink all the mayonnaise you like without worrying what anyone will say. Or being able to leave the house smelling like hotdog water without feeling gross. Or having weird, clammy hands and not even trying to do something about it.

Oh, and showering without a washcloth

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Being able to drink all the mayonnaise you like without worrying what anyone will say.

it seems to me that the only time people invoke white pride is when they're trying to justify why they shouldn't face consequences for saying opinions

like that article that said "Hey as a white person you don't automatically have a stake in a conversaion about race between nonwhite participants" that got immediately jumped on as tantamount to censorship, racial thought policing, and racial guilt

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

But white men expect that anytime a minority talks about race or gender, they need to acknowledge his privilege and patiently go over the basics inch by inch like they have with dozens of other ignorant white men before him, or else they're "reverse racist".

Like the author of that earlier article you're conflating different kinds of conversations. People talking about their experiences of their race or gender and their issues surrounding those things is one kind of conversation. People making negative generalizations about another race or gender is another kind of conversation. The two are not the same and they don't generate the same responses, so we shouldn't lump all of that together. It's the latter that gets people jumping in with #notallwhatever because they feel offended or attacked. It's really not an unreasonable response unless you're butting into someone's explicitly private conversation to do it.

If someone started in with "all gay people <something>" and then told you to pat yourself on the head and shut up if it didn't apply to you specifically you'd have a lot to say about that. It's the same thing.

edit: missing word.

wateroverfire fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 18, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

wateroverfire posted:

Like the author of that earlier article you're conflating different kinds of conversations. People about their experiences of their race or gender and their issues surrounding those things is one kind of conversation. People making negative generalizations about another race or gender is another kind of conversation. The two are not the same and they don't generate the same responses, so we shouldn't lump all of that together. It's the latter that gets people jumping in with #notallwhatever because they feel offended or attacked. It's really not an unreasonable response unless you're butting into someone's explicitly private conversation to do it.

If someone started in with "all gay people <something>" and then told you to pat yourself on the head and shut up if it didn't apply to you specifically you'd have a lot to say about that. It's the same thing.

it's really weird that you're sticking to this argument because it's dependent on not properly reading or understanding the article in question

like the article is about conversations where theoretical nonwhite people criticize theoretical white people for theoretical reasons, and you're over here saying "but if this conversation was being racist towards white people then I have a right to criticize that! you just want me to shut up when people are being racist against whites!" even though that's an entirely fabricated response based on no textual evidence but seemingly rather on some unknowable emotional reaction internal to you

in this sense you are being the person the article is criticizing so your own reaction to the piece is easily interpreted as stuttering petulance fyi

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 18, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pomp posted:

Not being a baby, and recognizing you live in a world that screams reasons you should be proud at you 24/7.

Like seriously, being white is clearly so much better thanks to they way (white) society is set up that you're just being an rear end in a top hat by gloating.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

it seems to me that the only time people invoke white pride is when they're trying to justify why they shouldn't face consequences for saying opinions
Our experiences differ. The only time I see people invoke white pride is when they're trying to make some retarded "What about white history month?"-type point to me.

quote:

like that article that said "Hey as a white person you don't automatically have a stake in a conversaion about race between nonwhite participants" that got immediately jumped on as tantamount to censorship, racial thought policing, and racial guilt
I never really follow the whole social justice blog scene, but all I know is that I really hate that wannabe-snarky, condescending tone they all seem to be written in. I bet that this article was written that same way, and probably with the words "ally" (written in quotes) or "cookie" somewhere in it. You can't really expect people to just be easy when you're talking down to them.

Anyway, let me quit rambling: I don't know the article, can you link me, please?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So after reading this thread I'm pretty sure the answer is "no."

What a weird question tbqh.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I never really follow the whole social justice blog scene, but all I know is that I really hate that wannabe-snarky, condescending tone they all seem to be written in. I bet that this article was written that same way, and probably with the words "ally" (written in quotes) or "cookie" somewhere in it. You can't really expect people to just be easy when you're talking down to them.

tone arguments :(:(:(

even though i don't read these things often, i feel like they're talking down to me which is why i dont like them and won't read them

Anyway, let me quit rambling: I don't know the article, can you link me, please?

its on the previous page of this thread

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

it's really weird that you're sticking to this argument because it's dependent on not properly reading or understanding the article in question

like the article is about conversations where theoretical nonwhite people criticize theoretical white people for theoretical reasons, and you're over here saying "but if this conversation was being racist towards white people then I have a right to criticize that! you just want me to shut up when people are being racist against whites!" even though that's an entirely fabricated response

in this sense you are being the person the article is criticizing so your own reaction to the piece is easily interpreted as stuttering petulance fyi

You're a cat dude what do you know about anything.

Also, the article is about people butting into the author's facebook conversations or what have you when they stray toward negative generalizations of white people, and how they should check their privilege and shouldn't criticize and blah blah. Basically people disagree with inflammatory things she says in public and she wishes they wouldn't do that. JUSTICE!

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

tone arguments :(:(:(

even though i don't read these things often, i feel like they're talking down to me which is why i dont like them and won't read them

:crossarms:

quote:

its on the previous page of this thread

Oh my. Uh, I was reading the thread, I promise.

edit: I loving called the "cookie" thing, you owe me a fiver

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 18, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Also what is stoping whites from re-instituting slavery? I thought they controlled the world?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

wateroverfire posted:

Also, the article is about people butting into the author's facebook conversations or what have you when they stray toward negative generalizations of white people, and how they should check their privilege and shouldn't criticize and blah blah. Basically people disagree with inflammatory things she says in public and she wishes they wouldn't do that. JUSTICE!

i'm assuming at this point that most tumblr-hate comes from people with language disorders and reading disabilities because that is pretty obviously not what the article is about

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Powercrazy posted:

Also what is stoping whites from re-instituting slavery? I thought they controlled the world?
I just did two hours ago.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Powercrazy posted:

13th Amendment.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Powercrazy posted:

It's not as profitable as at-will employment.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

It's not as profitable as at-will employment.

It only took 8 pages but this is the real reason. Thanks guys once again D&D delivers.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

It only took 8 pages but this is the real reason. Thanks guys once again D&D delivers.

Actually if you read the thread this got mentioned on like the second or third page.

Having white pride is like bragging that you beat someone in Street Fighter, but you doubled your health and also you unplugged their controller twice during the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Powercrazy posted:

9th post itt

zeroprime posted:

Why would anyone in power bother re-instituting slavery when the near indentured servitude of the working poor is so convenient? It has the added benefit of not being limited to a single race and lacks the moral resistance that codified ownership of human beings causes.

reading is power

• Locked thread