Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

kratos a well established character? Gwahaha this state of gaming and gamers alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Honey let's play some wow it'll be really romantic. you go in one room and I'll play in this room and we won't see or talk to each other all night

Piss bucket's under the sink if you need it

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

Honey let's play some wow it'll be really romantic. you go in one room and I'll play in this room and we won't see or talk to each other all night

Sounds like a night well spent to me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Do people really have fun playing games like Diablo 3 and WoW with each other in the same room? hosed up if true.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Do people really have fun playing games like Diablo 3 and WoW at all

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Sounds like a night well spent to me.

Heh just playing World of Warcraft with :siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: and then we are totally going to HAVE SEX Heh scrubbs get owned noobs Mario Kart is the least fun

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bonzibuddy64 posted:

No.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

i like a starfox

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just another night hanging with the gf, slouched over our respective computers pwning noobs in Azeroth.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

bonzibuddy64 posted:

They're the type of games that are played as penance for sins you've committed, not for entertainment value.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Louisgod posted:

Do people really have fun playing games like Diablo 3 and WoW with each other in the same room? hosed up if true.

Reminds me of this gamers.txt classic:
http://kotaku.com/5964584/how-diablo-iii-told-me-my-marriage-was-over

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
I just want to reiterate that if you are asked to post your dick in this thread please dont post your gamer dick

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

gay skull posted:

Those are online games that need computers, they don't work so great for couch gaming unless you're so fat you need a couch to play PC games

This was GabeN's motive to create big picture mode iirc.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

I just want to reiterate that if you are asked to post your dick in this thread please dont post your gamer dick

i respectfully disagree

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

No

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Kewpuh posted:

please ignore this post everyone.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kewpuh posted:

:dong:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Some do, because they're masochists.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Guess what, consoles are still dumb and the Wii U is still dead. But Iwata has tried cementing himself in as well as he could despite delivering terrible results.

I just wanted to point out that this guys idea of fun multiplayer with the ol GF is a fantasy mmorpg from 2004 and this is what he unironically says

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

But playing Diablo 3 or WoW with the GF seems much more fun?

Nintendoland gets supremely boring real quick. No depth to any of the mini games. And playing a Mario jump and run cooperatively? Get out of here.

Here's a guy who's never touched a woman

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Here's a guy who's never touched a woman

Excuse me but the PC gaming dude who signed up for a $10 internet forum just to make fun of the Xbox One and the Wii U is definitely swimming in puss

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Nintendo Kid posted:

I will buy a second Wii U if Rock Band 4 is brought back with Nintendo funding as a Wii U exclusive.

mods rename fishmech to Fils-A-Mech

e: or at least give him an avatar of Terminator Reggie

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 18, 2014

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Louisgod posted:

I have to assume if your idea of fun in gaming is paying to get on that grind treadmill, having a friend along is good yes.

It's like having a workout buddy except you don't actually have anything to show for it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

Nintendoland gets supremely boring real quick. No depth to any of the mini games. And playing a Mario jump and run cooperatively? Get out of here.

:siren: "Persistent console warrior type posts" :siren:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

like everyone else in japan nintendo desperately wants the salad days of the 70s and 80s to come back but is entirely unwilling to put any effort into making it happen

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a Mario jump and run

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

a Mario jump and run

lol poor scrub can't even fucken play marios. it's run and then jump, gosh what a goober

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

like everyone else in japan nintendo desperately wants the salad days of the 70s and 80s to come back but is entirely unwilling to put any effort into making it happen

what the gently caress are you even talking about

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Zelda x DMC. The playable characters are Link, Sheik, Dante and Trish. There's two worlds, which have a similar map but are thematically different. You switch between the worlds by putting the Master Sword or Force Edge in a pedestal ocarina of time style. To make progress through the game, you need to accomplish certain things in both worlds.

There would be several different multiplayer options. 1) You play as a combo of Link/Sheik or Dante/Trish and go through the game. 2) You play as either Link/Dante or Sheik/Trish and have to cooperate to accomplish things in both worlds to get through a dungeon. The other player will be seen as a ghost in your world Dark Souls style to make cooperation easier.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Safety Scissors posted:

Zelda x DMC. The playable characters are Link, Sheik, Dante and Trish. There's two worlds, which have a similar map but are thematically different. You switch between the worlds by putting the Master Sword or Force Edge in a pedestal ocarina of time style. To make progress through the game, you need to accomplish certain things in both worlds.

There would be several different multiplayer options. 1) You play as a combo of Link/Sheik or Dante/Trish and go through the game. 2) You play as either Link/Dante or Sheik/Trish and have to cooperate to accomplish things in both worlds to get through a dungeon. The other player will be seen as a ghost in your world Dark Souls style to make cooperation easier.

are you making this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yaoi Mandel posted:

what the gently caress are you even talking about
Superior Western Video Games.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Fame Douglas posted:

Lol yeah sure chicks wanna play loving WOW instead of Mario Kart lmao you human being.

Bitch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think saying nintendo games lack depth while WoW and Diablo are anything beyond "kill, loot, repeat" is a pretty obv troll

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

icantfindaname posted:

What?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
So true man I'll never forget how great Nintendo's games were in the seventies and early eighties. :wtc:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

So, like, I think, he thinks, Japan wants all the money and profit they got from the 80s, but without making games, or something? Or maybe they should start making carts again?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Neo Rasa posted:

So true man I'll never forget how great Nintendo's games were in the seventies and early eighties. :wtc:

You never played the original Donkey Kong?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
He is referring to the 70s and 80s Japanese economy before the bubble burst in 1990.

I don't know why he is, though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Neo Rasa posted:

Donkey Kong came out in 1981, Mario Bros in 1983. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Nintendo Land is really cool and good. The asymmetrical local multiplayer games are really fun to play with friends.

Watching the fear in their eyes as you trap them in the corner with Fork and Knife turn to resignation and acceptance when they realize they can't escape is delectable.

• Locked thread