Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

prom candy posted:

How do you play deathmatch with super low sens? I set mine to 10in / 360 and I was getting killed constantly because of people spawning every which way. I can see how it makes sense when you're in a real game but everyone practices with dm don't they?
A lot of people practice with bots on aim_map.

I believe the actual answer to your question is "the elbow and shoulder."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

kaschei posted:

A lot of people practice with bots on aim_map.

I believe the actual answer to your question is "the elbow and shoulder."

Better answer, why the gently caress would you play deathmatch.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Please no one reply to another ScienceAndMusic bait post tia

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

prom candy posted:

How do you play deathmatch with super low sens? I set mine to 10in / 360 and I was getting killed constantly because of people spawning every which way. I can see how it makes sense when you're in a real game but everyone practices with dm don't they?

Try playing on DM servers with a lower player cap.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

prom candy posted:

An average life on a good DM server should last around 10 seconds if you're doing well. The point is to constantly be in a firefight so every aspect of it becomes muscle memory, the downside is you're going to get shot in the back of your head a lot and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
I've been getting an odd problem lately when playing this. Randomly while playing a match the screen will go black and the sound will loop for about 20 seconds, then the game will come back and keep playing like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure I saw someone else mention this in this thread a while back, is this a problem with a known fix? Haven't found much by googling.

J
Jun 10, 2001

prom candy posted:

DM is just a practice/warmup tool, if you get popped in the back/side of the head, just shrug your shoulders and keep going. It'll happen sometimes. Don't worry about your K:D, it doesn't matter.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

J posted:

DM is just a practice/warmup tool, if you get popped in the back/side of the head, just shrug your shoulders and keep going. It'll happen sometimes. Don't worry about your K:D, it doesn't matter.

he's lying, you should preferably be pressing tab maybe every 1-2 seconds in a CS game to see if you're the best fragger

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
How will I know if I'm good at CS if I'm not top fragging in DM games?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

prom candy posted:

How will I know if I'm good at CS if I'm not top fragging in DM games?

If your mic works you can just call other people faggots and tell them how poo poo they are at the game. If you can do that pretty well then you're a decent CS player.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Yeah, it's not about how good you are at CS, it's about how terrible everyone else is (and shaming them for it).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Guys, I'd totally be a Global Elite and replace Fifflaren in NiP if my matchmaking teammates just weren't so bad.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tgent posted:

I've been getting an odd problem lately when playing this. Randomly while playing a match the screen will go black and the sound will loop for about 20 seconds, then the game will come back and keep playing like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure I saw someone else mention this in this thread a while back, is this a problem with a known fix? Haven't found much by googling.

I used to have this happen all the time in TF2 on my old Nvidia 260 card. I never found a fix for it myself, so I don't know what to tell you except that it stopped when I got a new card. v:shobon:v

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

astr0man posted:

Yeah, it's not about how good you are at CS, it's about how terrible everyone else is (and shaming them for it).

Your just bad.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Jeza posted:

he's lying, you should preferably be pressing tab maybe every 1-2 seconds in a CS game to see if you're the best fragger
I actually do this because I still have the bad habit from 1.6 of using the scoreboard to tell how many players are still alive. It sucks, I die all the time because of it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

dy. posted:

I actually do this because I still have the bad habit from 1.6 of using the scoreboard to tell how many players are still alive. It sucks, I die all the time because of it.

Wait, there is another way?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

The top of your screen will have player avatars and x out the ones who are dead.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I liked it when team colors were glitched so you had three teammates that were all blue.

It's a mixed bag because for one thing, I like that you can get an idea of WHO is next to you without looking, but then again I also get called "GREEN" constantly.

Edit:

Actually nothing was better than CS:S when team colors were always blue/red even if you were on T, all the CTs were highlight as blue names and poo poo. My dumb brain NEVER got used to it.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

IronDoge posted:

The top of your screen will have player avatars and x out the ones who are dead.
He was being facetious, man. I'm sure he knows that's there, but a lot of the old school players still tab to check who's alive most of the time.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Coleman posted:

He was being facetious, man. I'm sure he knows that's there, but a lot of the old school players still tab to check who's alive most of the time.

You can never tell in this thread. :getin:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I constantly press tab to check my score. Yeah, plus 1 kill!

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I named myself after one of the colors so that there is constant ambiguity if people talk to each other using color designations

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

I was wondering why you had a screenshot of me until I realized you were just using the same name as me.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
CEVO chose the top maps for their 2nd contest http://cevo.com/custom/vote/cevo-gamebanana-csgo-mapping-contest/

Pool here
http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/7780?utm_source=CEVO.com&utm_medium=VotePage&utm_campaign=CEVO

I think these are worth a try too
de_soiree
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269157601
de_empire
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268449723
de_russka WIP
http://i.imgur.com/k6gdy8y.jpg

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 19, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
ESL have a 4 hour timer on their site until a big announcement. It's probs to announce another 250k tourney but here's hoping it's something more interesting like, I dunno, they've collabed with valve and are announcing the removal of the CZ from the game entirely.

kcer fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 19, 2014

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kcer posted:

ESL have a 4 hour timer on their site until a big announcement. It's probs to announce another 250k tourney but here's hoping it's something more interesting like, I dunno, they've collabed with valve and are announcing the removal of the CZ from the game entirely.

Introduction of the revolver.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

de_dusk2: A dark version of dust2 which can only be played with flashlights and NVGs.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Introduction of the revolver.

New mouse pad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jeoh posted:

de_dusk2: A dark version of dust2 which can only be played with flashlights and NVGs.

That would be pretty amazing.

Where can I go to watch Nip vs Hellraisers? I literally can't find a recording of the stream, only frag videos.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Counter Strike is 15 years old today. It was the summer between grade 8 and grade 9 for me and boy was I lovely at it. Some things never change.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
$250k Beta 1 tournament

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

NTT posted:

I was wondering why you had a screenshot of me until I realized you were just using the same name as me.

I change names a lot. I probably saw your name a while ago and it stuck in my head. Not intentional.

If it helps, I don't use deagles.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Jeoh posted:

de_dust2_night

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

prom candy posted:

Counter Strike is 15 years old today. It was the summer between grade 8 and grade 9 for me and boy was I lovely at it. Some things never change.

:toot: Long Live The Gooseman :toot:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:toot: Long Live Teh 1337 Kr3w :toot:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Oh it's a tournament :tootzzz:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

prom candy posted:

I still remember my friend giving me the half life and counter strike CD's to install, I think I still have them. Also I remember having a 250 ping until we got cable. Those were the days.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I played nothing but cs_assault and that winter map with the crashed jet offline against bots for like half a year before I realized the game also had online play

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I topped scoreboards then to now gently caress u kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

prom candy posted:

You'll get out of middle school someday!!

• Locked thread