Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Thanks! I'll make sure to remember that next time so I don't make a fool of myself again. :v:

So is there a downside to using viroblades as a Jedi Knight? I kinda want to make a gimmick Knight that runs around in Republic Trooper armour and a viroblade and smash stuff, but if viroblading it up screws you over I guess that plan is nixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Insert name here posted:

Thanks! I'll make sure to remember that next time so I don't make a fool of myself again. :v:

So is there a downside to using viroblades as a Jedi Knight? I kinda want to make a gimmick Knight that runs around in Republic Trooper armour and a viroblade and smash stuff, but if viroblading it up screws you over I guess that plan is nixed.

No downside, and looks cooler.

If you go sentinel or marauder, get a couple of Ghamorrean axes, and look like a mad axeman.

A sword called "The Chopper" at level 49 looks really cool as well, made with armstech. Glowy bits and all, just buy it on the galactic market.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Just be careful about wearing the trooper armor; if you're wearing green/blue trooper armor, you're probably wearing gear that has Aim as its stat rather than Strength, which is useless to you. Orange armor is perfectly fine though, since you can fill it with strength and be on your way!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Dunno-Lars posted:

No downside, and looks cooler.

If you go sentinel or marauder, get a couple of Ghamorrean axes, and look like a mad axeman.

A sword called "The Chopper" at level 49 looks really cool as well, made with armstech. Glowy bits and all, just buy it on the galactic market.
Awesome. No wait, not awesome, because now I have to buy another character slot to make this character. I knew I should have jumped on the chance when it went on flash sale that one day. :negative:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Just be careful about wearing the trooper armor; if you're wearing green/blue trooper armor, you're probably wearing gear that has Aim as its stat rather than Strength, which is useless to you. Orange armor is perfectly fine though, since you can fill it with strength and be on your way!
Oh yeah don't worry, I plan on getting orange armour as soon as I can. I actually already have a chest piece with the look I want sitting on my Commando right now that I was going to transfer over, though I'll have to wait till level 31 to use it. The rest shouldn't be too hard to find on the GTN I reckon.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Keep in mind that unless you're using Adaptive armor (from the Cartel or Events, basically) Trooper armor will all be Heavy, which Guardians can wear but Sentinels can't.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Yeah my Guardian run around with a gamorrean axe like a lumberjack.

Swapping the exact same mods between a lightsaber and the axe resulted in a slight variation to the mix-max damage, but by only a few points.

The axe had less of a mix-max damage range (slightly less max, slightly more min) as compared to the lightsaber, but we're talking like +- 10 points at the time (not endgame, more like lvl 40-45 range of hilts/mods).

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

OzCavalier posted:

Yes. What name and I'll jump over to Pub and try to invite now.

[Edit:] (30 mins later) or... maybe not.

I wasn't on when I posted, sorry. I will be on most of today and the name is E'dena.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I wasn't on when I posted, sorry. I will be on most of today and the name is E'dena.

You're all set.

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003
Stuck at work. Sorry!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Eskie posted:

Stuck at work. Sorry!

As in "I'm gonna be late" or "I'm not coming"?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

As in "I'm gonna be late" or "I'm not coming"?

Humdrum I don't want to brag but we're getting to the point where we only wipe like 5 times on each boss when I tank DP HM. You better start showing up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Haha sorry Oedzi. My offer of $40 was rejected on the collectors edition. He counter offered $145 though!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Humdrum I don't want to brag but we're getting to the point where we only wipe like 5 times on each boss when I tank DP HM. You better start showing up.

The first three bosses we killed (including Nim Nefra) were pretty, uh interesting runs. We were behind on dps and killed Nefra a few seconds into the enrage and fell far behind on the monsters with Bestia.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

The first three bosses we killed (including Nim Nefra) were pretty, uh interesting runs. We were behind on dps and killed Nefra a few seconds into the enrage and fell far behind on the monsters with Bestia.

Well that was to be expected. Desht did a good job, but losing Arsit kills because by herself she's got good DPS, but we also lost bloodthirst.

All in all I was happy. I genuinely think thus far HM DP is easier than HM DF.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Medullah posted:

Well that was to be expected. Desht did a good job, but losing Arsit kills because by herself she's got good DPS, but we also lost bloodthirst.

The only fight that's really annoying in HM DP is Raptus because of all the AoE and the necessity of getting challenges down quickly.

Council is the hardest fight in the instance, but you can literally do just about the same thing every time because the only RNG going out is phase 1 Tyrans blasting people with TBs and Death Mark assignment. If you have good DPS, then the rest of the fight is a cake walk by comparison.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yeah I'm still rocking Arkanian healing set pieces. Struggling a little bit to find groups to replace them. Just don't have the time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Desht posted:

Yeah I'm still rocking Arkanian healing set pieces. Struggling a little bit to find groups to replace them. Just don't have the time.

We could have been really mean and made you heal. :D

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

We could have been really mean and made you heal. :D

I almost offered. But I thought that would have been less mean and more masochistic on your part. My healing gear is even worse.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Tait posted:

::Poofs back in::

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

::Gently places a sealed bag of confetti on the floor before poofing away.::

So it turns out that there shouldn't be 10x lower armor crates for every other bit. Imagine that.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So we were talking about it last weekend, and we still want to get together another raiding group for TNG. We should have the people to do it if everyone who's interested shows up.

The plan is to try tomorrow (Thursday) night at 7:30 Central. Try to show up a little early if you can so we can help get things organized before the HM group bangs their head against the Dread Council for a few hours.

We need a second group in order to help gear people up, but also to provide raid experience, so folks can fill in when needed and eventually move on up to 16 man raids.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bedurndurn posted:

So it turns out that there shouldn't be 10x lower armor crates for every other bit. Imagine that.

Yay glad I bought that hypercrate off the GTN Saturday and opened it.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yay glad I bought that hypercrate off the GTN Saturday and opened it.

You should see if there's a support group for people who bear the same terrible curse you do.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Nipponophile posted:

So we were talking about it last weekend, and we still want to get together another raiding group for TNG. We should have the people to do it if everyone who's interested shows up.

The plan is to try tomorrow (Thursday) night at 7:30 Central. Try to show up a little early if you can so we can help get things organized before the HM group bangs their head against the Dread Council for a few hours.

We need a second group in order to help gear people up, but also to provide raid experience, so folks can fill in when needed and eventually move on up to 16 man raids.

I'll pledge my steel!

Seriously though guys raiding is fun, you need fancy mods to put into that leather bondage harness you just bought for your toon.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Bedurndurn posted:

this was the same bullshit for the last hypercrate i bought looking for a loving bantha.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

Me and least one other goon would like to raid (I think). I'm a sorc, he's a sniper. Can heal, though I'm traditionally a DPS.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Me and least one other goon would like to raid (I think). I'm a sorc, he's a sniper. Can heal, though I'm traditionally a DPS.
Hi, I'm the sniper, I would be interested in DPSing for a goon HM tomorrow (Thursday) at 7:30 cst yes.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I would still be interested, DPS or heals, though I'll need to spend a bit augmenting if I go healer.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

I should be able to be there on Thursday on my sniper (Teris).

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm having spikes of like 3000 and 4000 ping at a time at what seem like completely random times followed by my internet connection just shutting off . I'm totally out of ideas as to why and I've tried pretty much everything so I'm staying out of group stuff (at least with guildies, I don't want to mess up your fun) until I can get AT&T to get their poo poo together.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 18, 2014

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

hobbesmaster posted:

a few seconds is an underestimation, we hit the enrage for about 15-20 seconds before anyone died. nefra has a pretty soft enrage all told

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
They're offering a summer special, if anyone is looking to subscribe for a bit.

http://www.swtor.com/summer-pass

A 120 day, non-recurring subscription for $40, but with no monthly CC stipend, only for currently unsubscribed accounts. It's a decent deal if you're interested in leveling a few characters to see the stories and not miss out on anything along the way.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm interested in the Thursday raid group (especially since my ping is back to humane speeds), but am 80% likely to not be available on tomorrow's particular Thursday, unfortunately.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Looking for a That's No Goon invite. Character name Smoothrich. Thanks.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Nipponophile posted:

They're offering a summer special, if anyone is looking to subscribe for a bit.

http://www.swtor.com/summer-pass

A 120 day, non-recurring subscription for $40, but with no monthly CC stipend, only for currently unsubscribed accounts. It's a decent deal if you're interested in leveling a few characters to see the stories and not miss out on anything along the way.

Not sure what I think of this deal being that it's Steam sale season but I'll probably take advantage of it near the end of the month.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Glad I took the advice earlier. I dropped those professions I had for Slicing and Underworld Trading, and now I have plenty of cash to spend. Wish my flashpoint groups would have been better. Mandalorian Raiders and Cadeimmu went fine, but I didn't successfully complete Boarding Party or The Foundry. I think I'll stop queueing for regular FPs and do the Kuat Drive Yards daily instead.

Also gently caress Taris, holy poo poo that planet was awful. The storylines there were fine, but everything else about the planet sucked. I heard bad things about Hoth, but it hasn't been so bad so far, except for that spiral crevasse and the fact that the environment is hard to look at because it's so bright.

I've been having survivability issues with my Marauder lately, most notably on Taris, but for some reason it wasn't the case on Quesh or Hoth. Even with Cloak of Pain up constantly, I feel very squishy without having Malavai Quinn back my character up. I'd prefer to use Vette or Jaesa to make fights go shorter though.

I'll probably get this Marauder to 55, finish the companion stuff for my legacy, and then switch to Trooper, since I don't have much interest in the endgame. Still having fun though.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
the main problem with hoth is that it just takes forever to get anywhere. lots of downtime

also i played through hoth in the dead of winter so its like "look at computer, look out window, exact same landscape"

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I'm down to tank for group 2 tonight, but I may be a bit late since I'm meeting friends for dinner. Talking like 9, at the absolute latest 930. I'll try for 830 EST though.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
welp

Also, I let my mouse do the clicking for me while I was afk, and when I came back my chatlog looked like this:

They didn't take a three-hour break in between those screenshots or anything, my entire log is filled with that. Three hours so far (they're still going), plus however long they were going for before I showed up. :psyduck:

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
Jonnymaddog still plays this game?

That warms the cockles of my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Jonnymaddog still plays this game?

That warms the cockles of my heart.

I don't get him, but I sort of like that he's around.

He corrected my spelling once :(

• Locked thread