Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
The PUSStriots continue to desperately try to sign players from the Chargers.Going from the chargers to the the gaytriots is like going from bill gates to working the drive thru at in-n-out.have fun with your cheatriots.#BOLO

(rodney harrison, junior seau, wes welker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Forgot what thread I was in for a second and almost had a stroke. Why does my apartment smell like fresh strawberries, guys?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
PUSStriots is new to me and also one of the worst Rivals puns I have ever heard. How the hell do you come up with it? I see how you can go from Patriots to Gaytriots, but PUSStriots?

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
My line of thought: replace the "pay" syllable in Patriots with anything that rhymes with "pay" or starts with "p." Or maybe anything with the "A" sound, without being a complete rhyme. LAMEtriots!

I kind of think cheatriots is the worst myself.

ugh you just made me analyze how dumb I am

Gerty fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 22, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/tonycheros/status/447579280516468736

FSU played Clemson in baseball and FSU won. Chad Kelly is Clemson's backup QB and is good friends with Jameis.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I'm doing a recap of Jason Elam's 'Riley Covington' thrillers, so if you want to read about a terrible football book, you can check it out, I guess?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tcdrover;1065079665 posted:

People make a lot out of this for all the wrong reasons.

I think it is absurd on the one hand, but on the other...

The NFL and the Dolphins are basically in the entertainment business.

Don Jones salary is paid in part by ALL kinds of people.

Imagine how the Rams players feel now, or anyone else that the Rams play before that guy gets cut in the preseason.

The players on Offense especially that will actually be getting in contact with him

Can you imagine? Can you REALLY IMAGINE?!

Being touched... BY A GAY?!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Haha, this made me decide to visit the castefootball forums. I couldn't remember the site (.com, or whatever, turns out its .us) so I googled it. The first result warned me that the site may be hacked. So I present to you the front page of Caste Football:

And the link to their forums:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AAA DOLFAN posted:

As long as it doesn't move as a result of the touching, you're in the clear.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

swickles posted:

Haha, this made me decide to visit the castefootball forums. I couldn't remember the site (.com, or whatever, turns out its .us) so I googled it. The first result warned me that the site may be hacked. So I present to you the front page of Caste Football:

And the link to their forums:

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahha amazing

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Two men kissing pushed this poor, beleaguered straight white male to the edge, and he's about to break.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Anals of History posted:

Two men kissing pushed this poor, beleaguered straight white male to the edge, and he's about to break.

I think he's gonna bomb an abortion clinic

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Declan MacManus posted:

I think he's gonna bomb an abortion clinic

Going by his avatar, probably a synagogue.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

...hopefully going on the offensive doesn't involve an assault rifle :stare:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
No no no, I'm sure for those guys going on the offensive means authoring a tightly edited, soundly argued blog post for Gawker

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It's Caste Football. Going on the offensive clearly means being a pocket passer and kicking field goals.

It's what white football players do.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
TexAgs weighs in on the dismissal of two players, including the team's leading tackler Darian Claiborne, after they were arrested for arranging a fake drug deal then robbing the would-be buyers at gunpoint and pistol whipping one of them. They face enhanced felony charges with a maximum sentence of 99 years.

quote:

my hat off to sumlin! short pain for long gain! a new sheriff in college station and his name K. Sumlin!!

Yes way to lay down the law. Sends a real message that people in prison will not get to play on the team. It may seem harsh but Sumlin runs a tight ship. Note that Claiborne had been arrested at least twice in the year prior to this latest incident.

quote:

Sumlin is just using this occasion to run off some weaker players in order to free up roster spots for dudes who can ball.

Smart move running off that weak link in your otherwise amazing defense.

quote:

Do the 3 "victims" get charged with purchasing (or attempting to purchase) marijuana?

It's important to keep perspective on who the real bad guys are here.

quote:

Simply incredible. The stupidity across this nation is also present in BCS. Their lives are now likely ruined. Where is Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Quanell X. Oh, I cannot forget Obama. How about a beer and a chat for a learning opportunity.

:suicide:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
From the Raiders SB Nation page.

quote:

I hear a lot of players describing their work as being gladiators. I don’t remember actual gladiators suing the emporers for being mauled by the lions. Come into this league, make the owner insane amount of money, you yourself will make more than you would have in your life in the 3-4 years you play. Walk away a hero and a bit hosed up. More often than not you did get a free college education as well, whether you passed that up or not. Lets make sure the union pays your medical bills for life. Lets stop with the lawsuits. If you fear the lions, don’t become a gladiator.

I get the servile wars aren't exactly common knowledge but jesus dude.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

From the Raiders SB Nation page.

I get the servile wars aren't exactly common knowledge but jesus dude.

I'm pretty sure Spartacus is common knowledge and if he isn't the The Gladiator movie is. That comment or is stupid as gently caress.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

spidoman posted:

It's Caste Football. Going on the offensive clearly means being a pocket passer and kicking field goals.

It's what white football players do.

Don't forget to add in something about being an undersized and/or underutilized wide receiver that just isn't given a chance.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

bradleygator
Gator Great
Post #1441
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: The REAL reason FSU is not going to the White House Reply

As for no fsu white house visit yet, I assume it's some combination of jimbo's presumably redneck politics and Obama, having just been photo'd embracing known taliban sympathizers.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Corrine Brown is puppeting the strings, obviously

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Its ok A&M, I got your back:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Why is JFF the only one who doesn't have a shirt on?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

partied it off

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

I just assume that he's shirtless if he's not at a team function or actually playing football

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
All of Denver let down in the SB, from the FO, to the coaches, to the players, to the fans - nobody showed up. On the other hand, Seattle pulled 110%, top to bottom in every category.

IMO, Denver cultivated that attitude throughout the season. The players, coaches and fans expected to win every game, and for the most part, their expectations were realized... just another day at the office, another mark met and in the few instances when they failed, it was shrugged off as a fluke, an abnormally.

Look at the games Seattle played last year - most were squeaker wins by one or two scores, i.e; Panthers 12-7, Texans 23-20, Titans 20-13, Cardinals 34-22, Rams 14-9, Bucs 27-24, thats 6 games that could've gone either way! Then add their losses; Colts 28-34, 49ers 17-19, Cards 10-17. Heck, even the lowly Jags laid 17 on them and the Vikes put up 20. This trend carried over in the playoffs where Seattle won 23-15 against the Saints and 23-17 against the 49ers. Look at those scores, study them. The SB was one of their few "blowout wins" that Seattle managed.

Truth is, we played a paper tiger, a team, coaches and fans who simply wanted it more. They were used to adversity, much like the Tebow led Broncos of 2011, they didn't give up and pulled out wins they shouldn't have won.

The Broncos (fans included) on the other hand, acted like it was a given, that PM & Co would do the ho hum norm without the push or the urgency - just another game, nothing special, a gimme.

I think it was a BIG wakeup call for everyone - or at least it should be. If the Broncos don't win it all this year, then IMO, the coaches need to be held accountable. I like them all but the NFL championship is for the hungry, the driven and the nice guys? Well, they usually wind up spouting platitudes with a smile or a frown - depending on the outcome but the real winners are screaming their heads off - yeah, big mouths I guess.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

All of Denver let down in the SB, from the FO, to the coaches, to the players, to the fans - nobody showed up. On the other hand, Seattle pulled 110%, top to bottom in every category.

IMO, Denver cultivated that attitude throughout the season. The players, coaches and fans expected to win every game, and for the most part, their expectations were realized... just another day at the office, another mark met and in the few instances when they failed, it was shrugged off as a fluke, an abnormally.

Look at the games Seattle played last year - most were squeaker wins by one or two scores, i.e; Panthers 12-7, Texans 23-20, Titans 20-13, Cardinals 34-22, Rams 14-9, Bucs 27-24, thats 6 games that could've gone either way! Then add their losses; Colts 28-34, 49ers 17-19, Cards 10-17. Heck, even the lowly Jags laid 17 on them and the Vikes put up 20. This trend carried over in the playoffs where Seattle won 23-15 against the Saints and 23-17 against the 49ers. Look at those scores, study them. The SB was one of their few "blowout wins" that Seattle managed.

Truth is, we played a paper tiger, a team, coaches and fans who simply wanted it more. They were used to adversity, much like the Tebow led Broncos of 2011, they didn't give up and pulled out wins they shouldn't have won.

The Broncos (fans included) on the other hand, acted like it was a given, that PM & Co would do the ho hum norm without the push or the urgency - just another game, nothing special, a gimme.

I think it was a BIG wakeup call for everyone - or at least it should be. If the Broncos don't win it all this year, then IMO, the coaches need to be held accountable. I like them all but the NFL championship is for the hungry, the driven and the nice guys? Well, they usually wind up spouting platitudes with a smile or a frown - depending on the outcome but the real winners are screaming their heads off - yeah, big mouths I guess.

Lost it at "an abnormally."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I agree the Seahawks were pretty average and the broncos terrible op

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Tremendous Taste posted:

I agree the Seahawks were pretty average and the broncos terrible op

I'm down.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

African AIDS cum posted:

Whether you want them to be held accountable or not, if they make the super-bowl again, even if they get blown out, no-one's going anywhere.

Exactly 1 team can win every year (I double checked the math and everything) and it's just unreasonable to hold any time, any time, to a SuperBowl or bust attitude.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Well see this is the horrible posts from other forum...ah you know what, never mind

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

Well see this is the horrible posts from other forum...ah you know what, never mind

I believe the rule is that if you don't source your quotes we will just assume those are your own words.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

I believe the rule is that if you don't source your quotes we will just assume those are your own words.

Has it been a month already? Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. On the internet. Posting on SA.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit: fuuuuuuuuuck, wrong thread.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 30, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chilichimp posted:

I bought tickets to the 4th preseason game :negative:

well hope you like practice squads

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
You'd think they'd just start with a playoff victory. High hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Incredible Ed posted:

You'd think they'd just start with a playoff victory. High hopes.

It looks like the numbering has changed at least once.

• Locked thread